Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bill

Real Name bill   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname m0deth
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 13, 2007, 22:46
Total Comments 139 (Novice)
User ID 44106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 14, 2012, 10:53 m0deth

CIOS Beware: New Macbook Pro Will Be a Bandwidth Hog!!!!

Because of course, all sorts of folks will rush right into watching more 1080p or lesser quality video on their new 2880x1800 display just because it's crisper.....the video isn't....but you know, CIOs BEWARE!!!!

Didn't take that long for WSJ to hire paranoid chicken littles since the Newscorp takeover, glad to see the standards on WSJ lowered to the rest of Newscorp holdings.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play
73. Re: Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play Jun 10, 2012, 11:24 m0deth

Who are you kidding?

Raven called for and made the changes in Q4 multiplayer...and they paid the price for their suckage, so did Id.

In fact, the single player game sucked as well, and everyone knew the MP was the odd man out, getting the crap treatment as the tack on.
Then, when they had the chance to fix it, after listening to what was said by the fan-base....they did the exact opposite, and it immediately died thereafter.

I think the real point here is....the warning signs that Raven/Id no longer know how to make an appealing game were there then. Their track record of continual declines on successive titles shows the slow alienation of their once mighty fan-base.(btw, I did a little dance when I played Rage at a friends house, the "I'm glad I didn't give Id any more money!@" dance.

As far as SP in the previous titles mentioned, everyone knew they would be little more than a training mode for these combat action shooters, considering how much focus was on the multi component.

The problem we have now...is the all or nothing mentality. There is no reason why devs/pubs cannot make a compelling SP game with no multi, and within the same IP make an all MP game targeting those players.

Trouble is, when they do....it ends up like BF Heroes, or COD free, or BF free, or well, name any F2P modeled suckfest that hasn't a clue on how to make it work. If these devs stopped translating F2P into Free Flowing Cash, and worked a little integrity into their models, these games might look different, and would be more popular than they are.

News Comments > Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week
15. Re: Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week May 23, 2012, 16:54 m0deth

Cutter wrote on May 23, 2012, 03:03:
OldTimber wrote on May 23, 2012, 02:00:
Now this is gonna be bigger than that pos GW2. can smell the fail on that game already, just like the facebook ipo all hype nothing to back it.

Son, a mind is a terrible thing to waste. Lay off the meth.

You know Cutter, if you just replace 'bigger' with better, then the comment doesn't sound at all laced with meth!

My problem is this:
However There is no IP blocking. You can signup from everywhere just keep in mind that if you are outside of North America we cannot guarantee your play experience.

I can pretty much guarantee they will however negatively affect those that stick to their own region hoping for lag free gaming. The last thing I wanted for Mechwarrior, was a F2P model with clustered virtual servers, and 300 ping asian connections butt-humping playability from the get-go.

I gotta say...I will be sorely disappointed the second I see an Atlas rubber-band it's way across a map just because they didn't region block.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Spam with malicious attachments rising May 22, 2012, 15:23 m0deth

Ever a forerunner in everything spammy....Hotmail....malware coming to an inbox near you!

Not only can they not keep people out of your email account, but their spam filters only work if you don't pay them to get through! Either that or they are a complete failure as witnessed by the same f'king emails from the same f'king latino spammers for the last two years! Yippee - I know the article said nothing about Hotmail, but we all know the worst offenders in this.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2012, 17:43 m0deth

I think I am in the boat with everyone and agree that it should have been Ashton Kutcher that died instead of Steve Jobs.

No, No, While I'm done with watching Ashton in pretty much anything...Jobs died the horrid death he earned.

Take away the innovator part of his life, and you're left with a sorry sack of shit for a human, Kutcher hasn't come nearly close to that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2012, 13:05 m0deth

SirKnight wrote on May 11, 2012, 10:58:
"We "had" to get one for ThinkGeek HQ. It's a "business expense"."

I ordered one of these from TG. Should be in today.

I'm so glad profits from things like my 3 recently purchased, misprinted shirts can help out the guys at ThinkGeek.

I'm sure the portal to the bathroom will help Q.A. determine the best possible product for their customers.

I dig the item as much as anyone, but these days, seeing companies' poor attempt at using wasteful self deprecation as humor to engender more fans kinda makes me want to block their email flyers now.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 11, 2012, 12:57 m0deth

I wish this company died due to it's piss poor 'cloud-mp3-storage' model, rather than being sued out of existence like this.

Nobody with any sense of reality can look at this situation and claim there's any kind of free market anything going on in media these days.
When it's so easy to flex big legal muscles, and tip 'justice' in your favor, even pretending there is a fair market is kind of an insult.

I'm not claiming what their model is, was right or wrong...I'm just saying legal pig-piling until startups collapse isn't part of the free market model I keep hearing about.

Not only that, convincing anyone that Justice can't be bought in America becomes an uphill battle.

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 10, 2012, 13:26 m0deth

InBlack wrote on May 10, 2012, 10:28:
I always liked id's copyright infringement message best:

"If you are playing an illegal version of Doom2 you are going to HELL!"

This sounds like either an old Adrian Carmack or Todd Swollenhead comment, you know, where they try to mix humor with threat, yet come off awkward about it?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization May 5, 2012, 12:39 m0deth

The fact that the message ever existed, or was capable of existing, to the extent as to remove the value of the product from the rightful licensee...is bullshit.

ergo - Apple + EA are both bullshit in this case.

All this was, was water testing. Seeing how many would notice, and how large the collective knee jerk was.

Sooner or later, the comatose media ingesters will have a reduced reaction, and Big Media will have won their control from that point on.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 5, 2012, 11:11 m0deth

Yeah, sounds like he had tons of options there....

3. Re: iOS app success is a "lottery": 60% (or more) of developers don't break even. May 5, 2012, 11:07 m0deth

What a huge surprise, the company that takes the free market model out of their line of products are the only ones to benefit? Oh my, never saw that one coming.

I see bad times ahead for Apple now that Job's Reality Distortion Field is no longer powered by his ego. Cook hasn't the cult of personality to keep all the skeletons locked in the closet.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: EA shutting down Rock Band iOS game - Even if you own it. May 2, 2012, 16:13 m0deth

NEWSFLASH:

LEGAL THEFT COMING TO AN APP STORE NEAR YOU!

All thanks to your most beloved publisher...

EA - it's in the bottom line.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 20, 2012, 11:39 m0deth

I'm sorry Blue but,

"HBO over HDMI works fine here"

reads to me like,

"works fine as long as you slurp Hollywood's nethers"

But hey I bought an HDTV early, and damn me for wanting the connections I've paid for and used for 4-5 years to keep working.

Sorry, but this is just more HBO+DirecTV(NewsCorp) bullshit.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 20, 2012, 11:33 m0deth

Lol, AMD pissing on Linux users again eh? They finally manage to get drivers that aren't either incompetently built, jokingly poor, or nearly impossible to get installed.

Then they get what 2 years worth of decent drivers out and it's time to drop 4870 support from catalyst? Perhaps they forgot many folks use Linux to get more life out of older hardware, and many will now look to their competitor as a solution. Not like they have been all that much better.

The funny part in the article is the assumption that Windows machines will be treated the same way, Phoronix never ceases to amaze, as highly technical as they are, they always sound like 12 year old fanboys.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 19, 2012, 12:41 m0deth

pfft, ex-FBI chicken little now uses the paranoia for profit. Whoa! big surprise there...it's not like we have previous examples of that happening....*cough* Chertoff *cough*.

and seriously? Digital Pearl Harbor? way to undercut the sacrifices of the past to pay your way on. douchebag

1. Hantol PSU: Fake PFC Made of Cement Apr 19, 2012, 12:15 m0deth

Duh...let's look at the equation.

Chinese designer + Chinese manufacturing + Chinese marketing = crap designed to rip you off.

There's nothing new about that equation. BTW, loving the mention of the AOBAMA units, as if that would help them sell, good stuff.

News Comments > Sledgehammer COO: CoD "Transcends Entertainment"
7. Re: Sledgehammer COO: CoD "Transcends Entertainment" Apr 19, 2012, 12:09 m0deth

Yeah I had some sort of comment reflecting how CoD 'transcended into disappointment....again' but Creston kicked it's ass. So yeah, massive self-delusion going on at Sledgehammer....oooh maybe one fell off the wall and hit him in the head, that would explain alot.  

12. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 14, 2012, 12:55 m0deth

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 00:13:
Apple: we broke -Amazon's monopolistic grip- on e-book industry.
Anything Apple can do anyone else can do for a fourth of the price.

IF they have the same access to resources....another thing Apple is known to do, browbeat/threaten suppliers into a single customer channel so that potential competitors cannot draw on like hardware innovations.

But I agree with most here, this is yet another desperate newsbite of late, too many really since Jobs' death. They are flailing, Tim Cook reminds me of Cyrol from Archer, yet another bumbling weenie left with reins far too large for his hands.

Anyone wanna lay bets on how fast Apple's stock prices drop in the next year?

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
49. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 14:55 m0deth

This is nothing more than cost-cutting at the PC player's expense, with a flimsy excuse framed as a 'feature' as usual from just about the biggest hacks in game development.

These stories do nothing but help people like this believe their own BS. I can't help but imagine what might happen if their press releases like this and their game releases were met with crickets and empty venues.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2012, 12:03 m0deth

Re: Startrekcontinues.com

Ok, I'm a fan of ST and all but.....wtf? Can you fans not come up with good original characters/stories or what?

Aaaaannnnnddd, SAY IT AIN'T SO GRANT!
Seriously, Mythbusters not paying well enough? Or are you just pissed the Harold got the job instead?

139 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo