Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bill

Real Name bill   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname m0deth
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 13, 2007, 22:46
Total Comments 139 (Novice)
User ID 44106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
9. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 00:02 m0deth

In some situations, personally identifiable information the Subscriber inputs in connection with Synapse may be made searchable or otherwise available to other Subscribers (such as in certain public functions). Razer has no obligation to keep the privacy of personally identifiable information that is made available by a Subscriber to other Subscribers.

Collection of personally identifiable information may be out-sourced to associates under agreement with Razer. These associates may adhere to their own set of privacy policies.

The asshat that came up with this must be fun at parties.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta
25. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Oct 31, 2012, 18:13 m0deth

Yeah, it's incomplete, but then, so is Planetside 2, so was Blacklight, I can keep going...and they all want money up front.

Don't think it's just PGI doing this, they had profitable examples to go on, so don't act like there's still a CompUSA with boxed games to compare it to.

That said, I was a closed tester, and I was one of those vehemently against going Open at this point. In terms of a complete gaming experience, or at least the one they promised us...it's sadly behind in development.

It isn't however, what Shataan makes it out to be, he whined there, and refused to accept some advice...and still acts like he did something courageous by stomping his feet and getting his money back.

I have an elite founder pack, and have zero problems getting what I want in game using CBills(ingame earned currency). It's not a money pit unless you spend MC like a retard on crack. The new Hero mech so far, is the only bad value they have put forth if you are into this sort of game(WoT fans know what I'm talking about).

Just try it yourself, yes trial mechs kind of suck if you can't pilot well, but I have to say, the first thing I did on Open Beta wipe, was to use them to build a bankroll, and they work for that if you aren't a moron.

Find a group to play with, get organized now, as the match maker is putrid and will be fixed soon, but a damn shame for an open beta, I will agree with that.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2012, 13:54 m0deth

Wait,
Hold the iPhone...you mean to tell me Apple lied to someone, then stole their work and profited from said lie?

Get out of town.

So beyond the unauthorized use of(theft of) the clock design from some Austrian designer(I believe) for iOS6, now they can't even honestly market arguably one of their BEST(quality wise) products in the pipe.

Yup, worth every penny of close to a trillion dollars there Wall Street. You keep thinking that. 'No bubble to be seen here, trade along, trade along.'

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Politics, not security, at center of Huawei, ZTE allegations, say analysts Oct 9, 2012, 13:50 m0deth

Why is it, that when there's plenty of proof of these devices having backdoors(routers), are easily hackable(huawei phones), and provide little to no security....that 'analysts'(who still remain unnamed) claim it's just politics?

Seriously, there have been flags raised by private security firms, hackers, and other analysts from reputable sites that all agree, something funny is going on with these devices, it's not something that seems to be caused by bad design, or manufacturing, these things had to be designed into the product at an early stage in some cases.

This wreaks of people just wanting to save money on cheap items rather than worrying about the implications.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 23, 2012, 13:03 m0deth

Here let's clear this up. The actual headline reads:

iOS 6 Adoption at 25-35% after just 48 hours, eclipsing iOS 5, which took 21 days to hit 21%.

Far less impressive, or incredulous than the linky-poo.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 18, 2012, 14:35 m0deth

I see Balmer inherited Jobs' personal unreality bubble upon his demise.

He's certainly spouting off the same type of crap Jobs used to.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
84. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Sep 1, 2012, 11:27 m0deth

THIS
This is a first and final warning. Moving forward, please make sure you that when you see an exploitable part of the game, you report it and do not attempt to benefit from it.

Is the proper way to reward bad behavior, and shows more balls than can be found at CCP games head office.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 29, 2012, 17:36 m0deth

He really makes a good case for being somewhat productive on it.

Just so you know...'somewhat productive' = MASSIVE FAIL when speaking of an OS with the deployment base of Windows.

News Comments > etc.
38. Re: etc. Aug 22, 2012, 15:21 m0deth

I'm sorry, is there any sort of moron-translator I can run this through so that it appears to make any logical sense?
I can see why people in this thread get confused, though. The problem is that his name is a portmanteau of "Bloom," implying flower, and "Berg" implying a large city, so he chose the name "flower city" and only a stupid liberal hippie would do such a thing. On the plus side, "bloom" is an American word that couldn't possibly be traced back to any root language.

BTW: Bacteria blooms....and ice can berg...true story, and more familiar even. Fucking 'flower city'....now that's a good one.

2nd BTW: Curt Shitting will most likely be investigated now, into his handling of corporate funds. We'll all get an intimate look at how a "fiscally responsible adult" runs a $125m business into the ground. My guess is, it will be all too familiar.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2012, 15:08 m0deth

I would love to get a comment from a Xerox executive on the whole matter.

Considering Apple would be nowhere without all the ideas Jobs and Gates stole from them when invited to come visit so long ago.

I'm fairly sure the word 'hypocrisy' wouldn't be an exaggeration if used by them in the context of M$ and Apple suing people for IP theft.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
86. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 14:47 m0deth

What will this asshat claim when their crappy F2P titles hit the sewer?

Seriously, it's not like Ubisoft has ever dominated in any game space. I swear it's the most prominent company regarding deflective bullshit I've ever seen besides EA.

Every time earnings reports come around, these schmucks pull something like this to deflect blame so their investors don't demand scalps.

It also reminds me of Crytek's bullshit assertions on the subject.

Both seem to forget that if you make a good product at a fair price, people will flock to it, anything other than that, you will need a bigger marketing budget than you do for your developers. And we all know how much cake the likes of EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc. pump into their release titles.(and by good I mean complete, as bug free as possible, compelling, entertaining, challenging, and rewarding. Not just an excuse for making money.)

I put to you now....the bigger the release campaign...the worse the title actually is. And it seems to fit so far.

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: Op Ed Aug 15, 2012, 11:26 m0deth

Yet another young author that doesn't have a clue as to how capitalism really works. He just cites the same ole shit we were taught in school, and have yet to see operate as described in practice.

What he misses, and some of you picked up on...is that if you continue to pay for shit, that's all they will sling. Period.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2012, 14:52 m0deth

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 12:13:
“I never had that confidence and I was always reluctant to get in any deeper.”

Chafee’s comments are made easier to swallow by a report from earlier in the week in which Schilling admitted Copernicus wasn’t up to scratch. In the same interview, Schilling admitted to bit spending; a Harvard Business School report estimated the company spent well beyond its start-up means; $705,000 on “travel and entertainment” for two years, for example.

“38 Studios was hemorrhaging cash – our cash,” former Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation boss Saul Kaplan said.

“The thing that is most amazing to me is their burn rate was about $5 million a month all through 2011, heading into 2012, and it didn’t slow down even when they knew they were running out of cash.”

No wonder they're being investigated. Sounds like the mucky mucks at 38 rather enjoyed living like rockstars whilst the rank and file couldn't even get their basic costs covered. Disgusting.

It's worse in some cases for some of those people that worked there. My sister in law told me that not long ago, she felt bad and ended up buying groceries for one of those families(this was before it all hit the fan)after walking my niece over there to play with their daughter. I guess they lived a block or so down the road.

The employee of 38 had not been paid his salary in two months, and their family of five had moved from out of state, no family here, no support, and no pay. Now they are totally screwed.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 26, 2012, 14:11 m0deth

The Android Dilemma - An Open Platform Open to Piracy?

Yeah right, like the closed platforms aren't open to piracy...let's go over this piracy capable list shall we?

Mac OS: check
iOS (w/jailbreak): check
Windows XP-7: check
Unix: check
AS400: check
Java: check
Chrome: check

I swear to bob, young writers need to actually THINK about the subject matter they write about, not just 'research' it. I quoted that because I've actually heard a local journalist call Google..."the greatest, most accurate research tool available".

Note the only OS here that comes close to 'closed', and that's the walled garden that is iOS.

Once the road block that prevents you from controlling your device is removed...like any other OS on earth, it's capable of having pirated material put on it, right along with NON-pirated material you may so choose.

I'm really tired of people thinking this is functionality related, rather than business related.

Get this now, rampant piracy(not causal), is caused by business policies, not the structure of an OS. The only dilemma here is the lack of understanding flaunted by those who get paid to advise people.

You want to fix this? Fix the shitty business models that drive this, and all will be happier in the end.

End of discussion.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 23, 2012, 15:03 m0deth

Dear Ubisoft,

The only penalty you've ever encountered would be loss of revenue due to your own actions/inaction concerning your own titles. The hardware you choose to display your lack of creativity of late is irrelevant.

The tack you take on your PC customers is another reason you are "penalized", the horrid support, "same-old" gameplay with slightly more well thought out graphics, and lack of anything fresh from your stables is your biggest problem. Here's a pro-tip, fire your marketing dept., fire your community team, and give the money to your developers and see what happens. You already have plenty of distributors who will puke cash onto any title you send down the pipe in order to get it sold.

Thank you,
Gamers

{related comment note}
We're the heathens for using z's according to the forefathers of our language.
This coming from the folks who think being 'pissed' means you are inebriated. meh

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Kotaku stories Jul 9, 2012, 16:49 m0deth

What....you mean Michael Fassbender?

Yeah he has a name, and one worthy of a title mention too. But you writers over @ Joketaku know that don't you?

So now it seems headlines have to be dumbed down to pre-high school levels to attract their readers.

Why is it sites that strive for any kind of journalistic merit still link to their crap?

Blue? No offense buddy but you could have summed up their entire article in two sentences nicely by yourself.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2012, 12:24 m0deth

Fireworks can injure your eyes - experts.

I had to click the link just to see if it was the Guatemalan import that managed to pop himself in the eye yesterday locally.

Apparently he has 499 compatriots nationally that manage to do the same thing.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
47. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 23, 2012, 18:30 m0deth

Draugr wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 02:00:
bhcompy wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 22:25:
I'm conflicted. I like MechWarrior, but Hawken looks like the mech game to play.
\

The comparisons between hawken and Mechwarrior ends at Giant robot....one of this is more of a simulator(traditionally anyway) and one of them is a FPS.

Agreed.

Hawken is in the vein of Anime styled mech combat....you know the kind that totally ignores momentum, gravity, inertia...yeah.
This isn't to say it won't be fun, but it's grounded purely in adolescent fantasy. (this one actually reminds me a little bit of the feel of combat Shogo had in multiplayer, fast-action Mecha, deadly weapons...what's not to like?)

Mechwarrior Online is trying hard to take the old Battletech IP, and make sense of it so folks can have fun brawling, take part in the meta-politics of that universe, and have the whole thing feel bigger in the end than any single player game could hope to accomplish.

Just some quick stats....to everyone's surprise...more Legendary packs have been sold than the others, and far more than expected in total. The Piranha guys have earned this respect and trust so far, they don't release useless info like some devs every ten seconds, and they don't pimp anything they aren't comfortable with yet.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
46. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 23, 2012, 18:19 m0deth

But, instead, I'll just wait and see how things turn out...

Perhaps you missed the whole limited time thing. I will have to admit, it's not the clearest thing on the site. But I gotta tell ya, the wait and see attitude will only earn you paying full price when that time comes if need be.

As it is the prices aren't all that bad compared to other games, even some AAA MMO titles take far more cash from you in their monthly plans....I fail to see how this is too much?

I just wish they had made the whole offering more clear when first announced, the 3 tiers blindsided a bunch of folks who were saving up for this.

The way I look at it, we're not getting anything other than this, some mods, and mechwarrior:tactics...ugh...for the foreseeable future from this IP. It's worth it for some of us to keep it going. Litigation made perfectly certain what we all were to expect, would never happen...so here we are.

If you are a fan of the previous games, and you are not the usual casual player, these will be worth it, although I'm not sure the lowest package has much draw besides the notoriety really. For the casual fan, you won't need these, play as you will, earn what you want, and you will be perfectly happy. For those wanting the deeper experience, payment becomes an option, and unlike some games we all know...pay to win isn't the case here. I for one appreciate that and will reward it with honest investment.

News Comments > Curt Schilling on 38 Studios' Demise
78. Re: Curt Schilling on 38 Studios' Demise Jun 23, 2012, 17:32 m0deth

Prez wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 06:21:
I view voting like jury duty - a required civic duty that I'd really rather not do, but I always will do it because it's my civic duty.

The trouble with this is...sadly, both are/have been far too easy to rig. I used to feel this way...until you become familiar with the how things actually go down once you walk away from the booth/bench.

The problem we face, is we're dumb as a state. We don't learn from our mistakes, we keep hoping the next guy in the same party will fix things. When that doesn't happen the knee-jerk is felt all the way down to Jersey, and the process begins again, just with the other party. We even re-elect convicted felons,and give them conservative talk radio shows! ...sigh

To make problems worse, loyal sports fans were taken in by this whole thing, the hype surrounding their(38 Studios) impending move to RI. I saw this part coming, I will admit, I have always felt Curt was an overpaid hack when he wore the uniform, and nothing has changed beyond his arrogance level skyrocketing. He's a hypocrite for taking that back room deal from our previous schmuck Governor, and he's an outright bullshit artist for trying to blame the current dumb dumb. All Chaffee did was actually BE our representative, and voice concerns we all had after so long with no returns. Every time the state asked to see how things were going...they got the usual dance/song/screwball pitch from 38 Studios to not worry, things were great even though Amalur sold a .33% market share, needing at least 1% or 3 million copies...even to survive!

Let's do some math...75 million from the state easy cash, plus the supposed 50 million he says he lost....while I know this isn't all of it, that's around 125 million dollars for one studio to make one game?

Are you fucking serious Curt?

Either you are the worst "Conservative" on the planet, or you are an outright lying thief. I suspect we will find under testimony, and I'm sure he will have to...that he's full of shit...and ran his company into the ground, not unlike some of his moments in Boston.

139 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo