Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bill

Real Name bill   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname m0deth
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 13, 2007, 22:46
Total Comments 139 (Novice)
User ID 44106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 8, 2010, 16:13 m0deth

Wow, I was expecting so much more from Chrome, but then, the browser should have clued me in.

If this is all it has to offer, I'll pass, I'm no fan of the "cloud" which is nothing more than the ancient server/thin client model over IP.

Big flipping deal, now they get all the serious computing hardware, all your info, all your habits in detail, and you are left with an underpowered tablet that's useless without a connection.

And ALL THIS for the cheap price of Google bastardizing Linux for profit!! Yippee ain't this grand!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 7, 2010, 17:06 m0deth

Oh c'mon Blue....of all the things he's done...Doogie is what you come up with???

I'm saddened, your penance is to watch season 1 of How I Met Your Mother

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2010, 13:54 m0deth

Agreed, then again, let those who think changing an avatar will do some good, stay on FriendFace˜ , MyTwit˜ , or whatever vacuous social platform that exists solely to sell your info like a cheap whore.

The rest of us are happy they aren't where we are.

News Comments > Game Sales Figures
10. Re: Game Sales Figures Oct 16, 2010, 10:16 m0deth

Seems to me...almost 7 billion in revenue summed up at the low end of those figures...is still a SHITLOAD of cake for games. If there is any tragedy to this at all, it's that most of that cake went to executives and marketers. Many of which had little to no impact on game quality/player retention.

ASeven had some of this dead on, the problem is, too many games that fall far short of their hype, rushed games, stunted games, and games that were obviously not well thought out. These are all symptoms of over monetization(trying to squeeze every last dime out of the IP, whilst not caring what kind of damage you are doing to said IP).

Even some of the pioneers of how to do it right from the past, have fallen for this craptastic scenario (Id comes to mind).

I'm sorry but, in these economic conditions, I'm pretty much done with $50 failures, and now taking a wait and see approach to new titles. I am not alone by any stretch of the imagination, then again, I'm not a teenager or 20 something that's dazzled by BS very easily anymore.

As far as worried investors go...many don't even play games, they only care about their money...and I suspect way too many games were rushed based on investor demands. I'd give a little advice: stop worrying so much about them, and make great games, the profits will stifle the investors right quick. Keep them out of the game creation process altogether and they will be happier for it in the long run.

This of course ignores dipshits like George Broussard, who just don't know when to say it's done. We don't need to aim for perfection...just close enough to please millions. 7 billion is nothing to sneeze at, but by next year, we'll see them crying tragedy if it's not 10 billion. Well, here's a newsflash, it won't be that high, not in this economy(which has only 'recovered' for the investors and the super-rich). Games are a frivolous extra in life, and the bulk of your capital comes from the hurting stock of life. Wake the hell up and address THEIR needs and you will be fine.

News Comments > 3D Realms "Not Closing"
19. Re: 3D Realms "Not Closing" May 18, 2009, 18:41 m0deth

Filed in the "nobody with gaming money to spend gives a shit anymore" drawer, beside the George Broussard "bullshit claims that make no sense" file.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
3. Re: Morning Screenshots Apr 20, 2009, 17:02 m0deth

Am I the only one wondering why Blue linked to a german language site story? I realize he needs to please all, but I'm fairly sure the largest chunk of readers are based in english speaking areas.

And yeah yeah, babelfish blah....I've heard that argument before, and it's fine when the site you read isn't taking revenue in english speaking ads pointed at english speaking people...the point is now overblown, link away, we won't notice the filler.

/r

News Comments > Section 8 Lawsuit
1. Re: Section 8 Lawsuit Apr 9, 2009, 10:35 m0deth

This reminds me of the tribute band "Blonde Jovi" being sued by Bon Jovi because their name supposedly would cause 'confusion' amongst fans...

Are lawyers this dumb and desperate for cash they feel the need to insult consumers by these claims constantly, really who would confuse these two?..ok maybe some blondes...but that's beside my point.

Timegate should make their game...and it should be obvious afterward Paramount's POS is a cheap knockoff, as per usual with corporate web gaming. These things should fall on their merit, not the litigation table, in order for the consumer to decide which is a turd, but then, that might be too close to competition...

That said, Paramount has done this sort of thing for years with no repudiation...so part of me wishes they get their asses handed to them...this won't happen either. But HEY! we get to finance this mess with higher game costs! Don't you feel special?

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 17, 2009, 19:18 m0deth

some corrections are needed on that iXbit story...it's a cpu, it's a Phenom II based core, and the proper spelling is 'dies' not 'dice' when referring to die wafers.

review sites really are scraping the bottom here...maybe Dmitry is an intern...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2009, 12:45 m0deth

You could have bought a Sceptre like me and got a completely different model back in return...thusly proving even they didn't think it was any good to begin with.

But hey, the original description kicked ass!

sigh

News Comments > TF2 Cheats Disciplined
60. Re: TF2 Cheats Disciplined Feb 28, 2009, 13:37 m0deth

ViRGE there's no folly here, it's simply a different gaming model now, no it's not the old team fortress...but then again, these games never 'evolved' in such a way before now anyway. the cheaters do suck balls, that's what admins are for...go whine to them and have the cheaters banned. as far as people actually earning them...you sound like somehow a causal numbnut gamer should suddenly have all the best for nothing, taking the incentive of actually playing and earning these addons away in favor of a newbie with no skill wielding the baddest weapon all the time. if that's all an fps to you is....go newb it up in QuakeLive with all the other newb-driven decisions from Id. let someone with a better model do what they will, play or don't, just don't try to compare apples to pomegranates.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 28, 2009, 13:29 m0deth

this thing has been irrelevant for years now...no surprise  

News Comments > Microsoft to cut 5,000
6. Re: Microsoft to cut 5,000 Jan 22, 2009, 16:36 m0deth

If the math is right, that's 300k per person fired, according to their savings statement...somehow I doubt those folks all make even near that much in a year.

I call shenanigans, yet again on M$ B$.

News Comments > id CEO: Piracy PC's "Hidden Benefit"
55. Re: Yeah ok Todd. Aug 22, 2008, 21:48 m0deth

those two numbnuts have been playing cornhole leapfrog since Unreal came out. =]

News Comments > id CEO: Piracy PC's "Hidden Benefit"
54. clueless and arrogant Aug 22, 2008, 21:40 m0deth

ToddH bein' a 'tard once again, now with 50% more conviction!

Sit back and watch as he asshats Id into oblivion instead of making games people actually want to KEEP playing, not just play once...or in some pirated cases, when you're tired of shelling out good money on less than good games, with no recourse at the retailer when a product is an obvious FAIL.

God forbid game devs ever having to back that noise up with returns on games(insert obvious pirate comment). Some people actually think the game sucks, and want to take it back.

I'm glad other developers have listened in earnest at least to consumer complaints, and reasons, be they good or bad. They listened, and did not dismiss their own involvement in possible reasons. They hold the key to better PC gaming.

And last time I checked....heh...there were about as many hacked 360 games and ps3 games ready for download as were others, including PC ones, the argument holds little to no water, yet the push is on.

News Comments > No PC FFXIII Planned
15. No subject Jul 25, 2008, 14:52 m0deth

<insert ridiculous excuse even a 4th grader won't buy into here....>

News Comments > Carmack on PC Gaming
38. baH, go hold Crytek's hand Jul 13, 2008, 18:16 m0deth

more utter crap from a company that, by their own admission hasn't sold a "successful" game in over 6 years.

Quake Live is poised to appeal to about 500 casual whiny gamers at this point.....they need to rekindle the fire they used to have, or face utter domination soon.

and who gives a flying **** in a rolling donut if id releases something for an iPhone with a 3" screen, really?

How this can upset Carmack when his code STILL cannot load balance properly on servers(to the point where Unlagged code is now in QL)? and btw, sh*t still don't work.

News Comments > Stargate Half-Life 2 Mod
6. No subject Jul 6, 2008, 19:53 m0deth

still can't get it to stop crashing on load :<

News Comments > On Linux Game Piracy
59. Re: Not a surprise at all. Jun 25, 2008, 17:36 m0deth

Horsesh1t Cliff,

Your terrible games are killing their own air supply, and the frustration that comes with them, plus corporate bs hype marketing, legal demands slowing patch releases, features promised but not there....features included that nobody can figure out why they are there, crap game mechanic ergonomics....the list goes on, and on.

The 'melding' of development for consoles and pc, has left pc games feeling like their balls were just cut off, might as well go buy a console....Microsoft would love that wouldn't they?

As it is, we're at an innovation pace that sees ONE, count 'em, ONE refreshing title per year....and you wonder why some bypass your bullsh1t marketing departments to see if it's worth THEIR hard earned cash, and buddy, some of these guys EARN their money.

But you think what you want, and watch it all disappear, the best thing that can happen for PC games now, is for all the large devs and pubs to fade away, so maybe some smart devs can make smart games that are fun, and address what their core players needs are. It's not like these cycles don't happen.

And to note....every game on LGP's site I've noticed, would have sold about 15 copies if not bundled with hardware, 2nd rate games at best...thx

And that was for windows.....what, maybe 8 years ago for some of those?

These guys wonder why they find the linux ports on p2p? get friggin real.

News Comments > World Series of Video Games Cancelled
4. No subject Sep 13, 2007, 18:47 m0deth

we're not making money hand over fist off you gamers.....we'd rather screw advertisers over on bogus click-thru ads for as long as they'll believe the visitor counts we give them....

thanks for participating....now piss off

139 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo