Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bill

Real Name bill   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname m0deth
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 13, 2007, 22:46
Total Comments 139 (Novice)
User ID 44106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2011, 17:28 m0deth

I'd rather charge more and get a different clientele. Not every customer is value driven.

But if people want to write programs for the virtual impulse aisle that's fine. It's not the only market segment in town though

Why bother making good games folks want to play when you can just upcharge some nitwits with an over-inflated sense of self-worth?

Capital idea!

Ok, here's my take on it...

Cliffski: "Wah, sniff, sniff, wah...I can't enforce my MSRP in a free market....WAHAHAAHAhahaa...oh snap I left my latte in the Porsche...SUBMIT"

BTW, Cutter, damn funny, should have tossed Romero or Broussard in there for the developers comedic trifecta!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Disney Universe Announced
3. Re: Disney Universe Announced May 26, 2011, 20:51 m0deth

Typical Disney whorage(from Eisner to Iger) is all we see lately from what used to be a creative behemoth. Why bother creating anything new and interesting when you can beat that dead horse 'til it barfs up a lung?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 13, 2011, 21:46 m0deth

MrBone wrote on May 12, 2011, 23:53:
Why would this crass act by the Zuck surprise anyone? The dude is as shady as they come.

I'm wondering if they recently hired Carly Fiorina....this kind of behavior is right up her alley.

News Comments > Square Enix's Losses
6. Re: Square Enix's Losses May 13, 2011, 21:42 m0deth

It has become obvious over the last few years SquareEnix needs to be reformed, the entire management staff and creative direction needs to go.

All they seem to do now, is make the same game mechanics over into new engines with lame ingame play, combined with awesome cinematics. The Last Remnant started to really show it, sad really.

I don't fault the coders, artists and other dev staff really, but constantly trying to recreate your own former glory games, only to fail so much, and ending up with what has become and internet punchline....that speaks of a company who has lost touch with reality.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Idiana slamming CGI May 9, 2011, 18:13 m0deth

I hear you there, I'm starting to feel like I want to tell Harrison to stir some Metamucil in with that Prune Juice of his.

It's not the CGI, it's the lack of knowing how to use it, Cecil B. DeMille had no trouble getting an army into the sunset to look good and feel right, this is more about crappy direction, or writing, and the SE department feeling that they can "FIX" it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2011, 17:21 m0deth

New Zealand Tries to Sneak 'Three Strikes' Through - In Emergency Session Intended for Earthquake Relief.

Good to know slimy politicians are everywhere...Stay classy Kiwi Politicos!

News Comments > Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam
69. Re: Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam Apr 8, 2011, 20:16 m0deth

Steam has an offline mode, which works ok, not sure about those games on Steam though.

Anyway, so far, the reason you cite is the only tech advantage I can see for Impulse, it falls behind in most other areas except UI I guess.

It's not like Brad or certain 'celeb' coders haven't been known to sling a little arrogant, off-target hash though over the years.

btw, Blue...did you make the doors here wider or did Derek do that for you on the way in?

News Comments > AMD Knocks DirectX
44. Re: AMD Knocks DirectX Mar 20, 2011, 13:13 m0deth

I get nightmares thinking about going back to having separate code-branches for every vendor and architecture

Just a question here, so don't bash me over the head, but really?

I'm seeing two viable code branches you could cut to, maybe 3 if your game/app is capable of running on intel architecture, but....otherwise, it's AMD and nVidia no? CPU optimizations aside of course.

I can't help but think that this massive push for a unified codebase in development is nothing but a cost measure, and has little to do with what can be done and still make a profit. I for one am sick of shitty PC ports from console games. This is a symptom of this mindset. It's also part of the reasoning for those harbingers of the PC gaming death crowd. It's artificial, and from a consumer point of view, stems from laziness(or corporate money tightening), neither of which are acceptable to someone paying a premium for a game.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 20, 2011, 12:32 m0deth

Pentagon Commander: U.S. Unprepared To Face Cyber Attacks.

"...doesn't bother to mention the inherent stupidity of using the internet for infrastructure vs. building their own private networks, fails to hit target, nothing new for the Pentagon."

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2011, 18:17 m0deth

in particular mobile apps, to provide new ways to generate subscriber and advertising revenues in local markets

They have ads, they ARE paid for...problem solved, nobody likes to pay twice for something.

News Comments > Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op
44. Re: Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op Feb 21, 2011, 13:56 m0deth

CliffyB BS-O-meter translation as follows:

We put it in, it didn't work so well 'cause we know dickle about coop games, so we said F-it and took it out, that was way easier than actually designing a good coop element. But hey...you'll still pay the same amount anyway.

News Comments > No DC Universe Online Account Transfers
12. Re: No DC Universe Online Account Transfers Feb 14, 2011, 14:29 m0deth

Yet another entry in the massive list of why I don't buy anything tied to Sony.

Their products are rarely the reason too, it's the way they operate their business, and the way they treat customers in general.

I've watched too many friends/clients and their loyalty to Sony get slapped in the face far too many times.

News Comments > You Don't Know Jack About Customer Relations
17. Re: You Don't Know Jack About Customer Relations Feb 12, 2011, 12:29 m0deth

"Aren't most PC players too fat to fit more than two at a keyboard?"

Right, because console players haven't grown so fat they need an entire couch to play with 2 players?

Way to fuck up your sales, no wonder it's been more than ten years since anything decent has come from them. Not to say this one is. I wouldn't know, I'll have to ask my friend who's been calling around to see if anyone has extra PS2/3 style controllers to play it on PC.

After a dumbass comment like that, I'll be watching for them to cry wolf about piracy being the reason it's sales suck.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 4, 2011, 19:42 m0deth

Hotmail launches accounts you can throw away

Once again, MS proves to be nothing if not redundant.

News Comments > Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful
43. Re: Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful Jan 22, 2011, 09:41 m0deth

pagb wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 05:29:
RAGE purchase doubtful

Any iD title purchase from here out doubtful....all I see from them lately is poor games and corporate excuses...they aren't what they used to be, I don't care how pretty the engine is...they've lost what it means to be a gamer, and forgot how to cater to them.

I remember a conversation I had once with an iD contact...I suggested that if every iD title since Q2 has lost cash steadily as he pointed out, then they were targeting the wrong consumers, and should stop dumbing the games down, and stop trying to make them kid-friendly, let nintendo deal with that.

He laughed and said he'd get fired if he said that in a meeting...I told him not to get a new mortgage or anything, as the result will be the same over time anyway if advice from loyal customers was not heeded.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jan 18, 2011, 16:33 m0deth

Wow, this far in, still seeing dubious claims "TF2 is dead" yadda yadda

BS, I noticed no fewer than 200 servers populated last night, and pretty much every night.

I also know that every single complaint here can be mitigated with creative server browser filtering enough to produce at least 10 servers to pick from you could have fun on.

I'm calling a super-fickle-wah on this one. It's not an unavoidable problem, and for most, it's no problem at all. 99% of the hats mean dickle, most of the weps that were added are STILL not as powerful as the stock ones if not used by someone really good with them.

It's a non-point IMHO when it can be avoided so frickin easily.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 10, 2011, 10:37 m0deth

You aren't the only one befuddled for sure....strange week it was...

RIP Klipsch

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2011, 14:54 m0deth

Anyone else here fail to read "ominous" anywhere in that image?

Considering 80% of most google search returns are algorithmic screw-ups(matching DOOM in one sentence with the word LIVE 22 paragraphs below it on the same site). This is hardly pointing or ominous.

Then again, I haven't had much coffee today, I'm trying to cut back, and the headache I have is pretty ominous as to how much sleep I may see tonite, so maybe I'm missing some tongue in cheek bits.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Linux Gaming: Native vs. Wine vs. Windows 7 Performance Dec 22, 2010, 20:40 m0deth

Once again, Phoronix does the linux world absolutely 0 justice with it's flawed tests on "games" that less than 1% of gamers actually play.

I won't even go into the WINE methodology and how actual DX calls are passed to OGL.

Blue, man please, find another decent linux site to get news like this from, there HAS to be one. Phoronix has dropped the ball and printed nonsense for too long as an excuse to exist. (yes I know how smart some of those guys are, it's just that you rarely get to see it with articles like this turd.)

News Comments > Activision Suing EA over West and Zampella
24. Re: Activision Suing EA over West and Zampella Dec 22, 2010, 19:46 m0deth

Anyone else here remember when Activision actually had talent, and made games?

Now I have trouble NOT coughing up lung butter onto the ground at the mere mention of their name, right along with EA.

139 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo