Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for bill

Real Name bill   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname m0deth
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 13, 2007, 22:46
Total Comments 139 (Novice)
User ID 44106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 30, 2013, 19:05 m0deth

Lenovo Names Ashton Kutcher Its Newest Product Engineer

Because it worked out so well for Nikon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 9, 2013, 15:14 m0deth

Microsoft Experts Warn of “System Doctor 2014” Fake Antivirus.

This should have been out like 3 weeks ago when it started showing up on gaming walk-through sites.

I had to clean it from my wife's comp, after she became frustrated with something in game, and went searching for a solution.

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter Canceled
12. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter Canceled Jun 24, 2013, 17:03 m0deth

All these things being said and so far, nobody mentions that Heavy Gear sucked. Period.

I tried real hard to like it when it had an SP game, but it always wreaked of second-rate "we're just like Mechwarrior" bandwagon jumping, even back then.

Stompy-Bot forgot this somehow. You can't blame them, with IGP snapping up the Mech IP license for combat sim(loosely used) and tactical strategy gaming...it's not like they had a bunch to pick from without trying to license some Anime stuff....which worked so well for the Exteel guys.

No, this had nothing to do with SP missions, and whether games sell or not due to them, some do, some don't. Get over it. This was complete lack of forsight combined with not recognizing their chosen subject matter was total crap from the get go.

They tried to fund a 3rd person arena game using mechs from a failed franchise and expected it to be well received in the midst of MWO and Hawken. This was dumb.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 27, 2013, 13:29 m0deth

Charging a 'mobility' fee post-fact o for a contract service that is nothing but mobile....priceless!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 24, 2013, 13:26 m0deth

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 18:00:
I want to see something from AMD and buy some stock (owning the console market for example), but this also puts it into perspective.

AMD will supply both the GPU and CPU for Sony's PlayStation 4 and is widely expected to do the same for Microsoft's next Xbox. AMD also supplies the GPU for the outgoing Wii and the struggling Wii U. Game consoles are a relative drop in the bucket compared even to the dwindling PC market (Microsoft has sold a little over 70 million Xbox 360s since 2005, and the PC market can generally meet or beat that number in a single quarter)+

We get brainwashed thinking consoles are a huge deal and then we are reminded how many pc's really do sell overall.

But, the sky is raining tablets and phablets that will KEEL the PC platform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did that sound Kotaku enough?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 8, 2013, 14:15 m0deth

This is just a question really...

Will Phoronix ever produce an article that shows off Linux graphics doing anything other than testing 5+ year old games that nobody plays?

Or how about him going into exactly how hard it really is to get AMD drivers working properly on just Ubuntu alone?(AMD releases, not those shitty ones in the repo that mess up 1080 resolutions, making Unity crash and become useless)

Nevermind the other distros. It's always some hope-filled jargon-drop that somehow leads the author to believe the open source community even has a shred of possibility that they can come up with a decent driver without the source code. This of course comes right after direct comparisons showing the FOSS drivers being blown away by even buggy driver sets from the manufacturers.

In other words....why is Phoronix still relevant....and why do we see it here? It's not like this fanboy shlock is helping linux gaming, or adoption...so what's the point man?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 8, 2013, 13:56 m0deth

ISP ad-injection is now an old story...Reddit, two weeks ago...why is it only now folks take notice?

Oh...'cause Apple's 'pristine' white and grey site was mucked up with color! Oh noes!

This is what happens when you don't regulate properly, and fail to uphold regulations in the first place with full prosecution, and prison time.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 8, 2013, 13:50 m0deth

Verno wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 13:26:
deqer wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 13:22:
John wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 12:56:
DeadlyAccurate wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 10:27:
We still live in a world where people think only teens and kids play games?
Yeah, I know more adults who play video games than kids/teens.. and a couple of them are married with children themselves. I'm 33 and don't see myself giving up games anytime soon. Even my gf is into them.
I never understood why husbands get their wives into gaming. Doesn't that just mean that no one does any work around the house then? Is your place dirty all the time now? Ordering fast food all the time now?

Especially the ones that get their wives into MMO games. Like, lol...

This is a really dumb, antiquated view that outs you as permanently single.

I have to agree...that shit read like one of those '50s meme cards in monochrome, except it didn't sound like the premise of his comment was a joke. Do gaming a favor and crawl back under that rock.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 5, 2013, 10:24 m0deth

On top of that, they are still trolling to combine two obvious technologies in order to slip a bullsh*t patent through the sieve that is the USPTO.

And they wonder why the stock is dropping like a stone. But wait! there's more....now the walled garden extends to over priced TVs that require a 'ring' remote you hope you won't lose...in order to control them!

Yeah, brilliant idea there.

News Comments > Neverwinter Open Beta This Month
16. Re: Neverwinter Open Beta This Month Apr 5, 2013, 10:17 m0deth

I knew about this coming out through folks I know that work for WotC, and never really cared as lately their attempts at games are "fling money at untested studios and see what happens".

Anyway, not too long ago I took a look at their site an noticed Perfect World was involved. After having some experience with some of their other games I realized this was just going to be a half-hearted attempt, with a serious cash grab pay to win structure to it's store.

F2P titles don't have to do this to be profitable...and PW has taken it to a level I personally cannot stomach.

I give it maybe two-three years before shutdown, but then...the next cash grab from them will be ready. Rinse, repeat.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 7, 2013, 10:17 m0deth

Not that I even want to say this...but at least they chose correctly, I have to agree.

PETA is just plum crazy 98% of the time. They are so lost, so unhitched from reality that any good they might accomplish for their cause is lost the very second they pull shit like this(or open their mouths pretty much).

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2013, 10:14 m0deth

Lol

Even BetaNews admits the comScore article they base their article off....is flawed data.

Anything to stem the avalanche I suppose.

News Comments > TrackMania2 and ShootMania on Steam; TM2 Stadium Open Beta
3. Re: TrackMania2 and ShootMania on Steam Feb 27, 2013, 14:45 m0deth

This is just desperation as after their smugness early on earned them a giant "Nobody Cares!" anywhere west of the Atlantic Ocean.

I know a number of people who passed on TM2 as TM was iffy at best for any kind of casual fun, and there was no way to demo the game other than their offhanded snub saying it was like the first game, just buy it.

I'm sorry, didn't buy your first whole package..as all it gave me over the free one was cars. Cars that all in all didn't really feel different enough to separate the experience...so what is the point?(a friend's buyer's remorse taught me that.)

No I'm good thanks Nadeo....you're just too hipster for yourself for me to bother.

Oh yeah, Shootmania=Guffaw!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
29. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2013, 18:06 m0deth

Xbox 720 could block used software, says Eidos president

ergo

Wallet can block Xbox 720 at P.O.S., says my wallet's President.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 26, 2013, 13:12 m0deth

Intel releases worst named product every based on some stuff we've never heard of.

Let me guess, it runs Windows 8?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2013, 12:13 m0deth

Agreed, this is desperation.

They can't show numbers that match Win 7 adoption, not even when it's forced on new customers. Every single client of mine that has bought a new PC/Laptop from me lately requests the Win8 be taken off in favor of 7.

While I realize there are some benefits to having 8 in a newer system...I can't justify any of the UI changes they've made to customers, as nothing has improved. If anything, ergonomics got thrown under the bus when it comes to these two market segments.

Gone are the days of Carpal Tunnel...now it's Metro Elbow and Surface Shoulder we have to endure for them to shift their pathetic 'paradigm'. It's like the last 20 years of ergonomics advancement means nothing to them. (Same folks that make the best ergo KB under 100 bucks too)

Sigh, I wish there was an internet button you could push that slaps business bullshit artists in the face when they post crap instead of truth.

Lately, you could accuse M$ of having dual personality syndrome, and you wouldn't be far off...at least you'd be pointing to some form of psychosis.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
17. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 20, 2012, 13:02 m0deth

I'm sorry, why are we listening to predictions from a guy who admittedly spends more time on his rockets than he does either programming for/or playing games?

In case you all don't know yet. John Carmack is completely out of touch. Yes he's insanely smart, too bad he's not using any of that on his company.

Their last 3 titles have been miserable failures, Todd Swollenhead still refuses to admit defeat in the QuakeLive argument, and now more new devs are looking to license either Unreal tech, or ugh...Crytek, than Id tech.

This article is a cry for relevance...and a warning for all of you about all the upcoming overpriced-underdeveloped-hype titles from Id and their licensees.

News Comments > New ShootMania Beta
3. Re: New ShootMania Beta Dec 20, 2012, 12:37 m0deth

OOoohh, a grapple hook, see it's like the old Quake-styled-shooters....please play our game. We need to eat.

Gamers: Let them eat cake!

Nadeo was pathetic before, even more-so since the Ubisoft acquisition.

Get this now guys, the only "Mania" involved in your titles anymore, is the feverish anger you bring forth from your customers.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 29, 2012, 12:56 m0deth

Windows Phone sales quadruple

Soooo they have what 8% of the market now?

News Comments > Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1?
73. Re: Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1? Nov 13, 2012, 14:59 m0deth

Aaaaand the strong arm tactics continue at Redmond.

This is a complete insult to those that purchased Windows 7 within the last year or so for a gaming machine. There is nothing wrong with their choice, and W7 is certainly not old enough for EOL treatment such as this. It's a deliberate devaluation of existing ownership in order to spur sales of the new risk they took. Nothing more. The flippant reply of "we have nothing further to share" says it all.

139 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo