Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 392 (Amateur)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 14:58 Bundy

Dammit! There was a sale! So I grabbed it for $40. Me and my stupid lack of willpower.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 14:31 Bundy

Can't say I'm shocked about these performance reports, given how poorly Watch Dogs ran on my rather impressive rig. I was planning on getting this one on console instead but I'm hearing that it's kinda iffy on their too. Will have to wait for more reports. If it's not a disaster, I'm balling this one up in the Xmas game package I usually assemble for my boys.  

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
3. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 09:47 Bundy

Darks wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:41:
I see Ubi still hasn't learned their lesson. I guess ill be skipping their games from now on.

Not a big fan of uPlay, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on Valve's defense. Their cut of digital sales is pretty high, somewhere around 30%. Which is fine for smaller devs who need the exposure Steam can offer, but for Ubisoft, whose games already have tons of press and marketing, and they already have their own digital store where they get to keep it all, frankly I'm surprised they haven't pulled their entire catalog at this point like EA.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 4, 2014, 09:48 Bundy

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 22:03:
At least they're admitting they've decided to go evil. That's something. I guess? Probably not.

Yeah, they've been evil for a while now. But now that they're no longer even pretending to, it's like a batman episode where the person you think is the corrupt mayor takes off his mask and says, "It was me! The Joker! The whole time! Now that the cat is out of the bag, let's have some fun."

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
1. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 4, 2014, 09:30 Bundy

Anyone know if these drivers unbork Alien Isolation? Their last drivers created super long loading screens, so anyone with the game had to avoid them  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Documentary
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Documentary Nov 3, 2014, 21:34 Bundy

Quboid wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 21:28:
Bundy wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 20:27:
I've never understood how this works, maybe u can explain it to me. What exactly does TrackIR do in this game? I assumed that using the Oculus alone would be enough for head tracking and accessing your left and right menu's.

TrackIR isn't used with the Oculus Rift, the Rift alone will do head tracking as you say.

TrackIR is a simpler system which just does head tracking. I didn't like it as having to look at my monitor sideways made it feel very unnatural but it's probably the best option for serious flight simmers right now.

How easy is it to identify ships with the DK2? With the DK1 in a flight sim, other aircraft were just pixelly blobs.

Ahh i see, the rift alone sounds like a pretty natural fit for these flight dims. Braben was pretty excited about it. Although he said he wants the resolution to be at 4K. Which makes sense since u lose half the horizontal.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2014, 01:11.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Documentary
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Documentary Nov 3, 2014, 20:27 Bundy

Tom wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 20:01:
There really is a lot to like about this game. The feeling of flight is fantastic. I just hope they can work out the bugs. Sticking to a 2014 release date seems like a REALLY BAD IDEA given its current state, but oh well, if they keep working hard post-release to fix not only systems bugs but also gameplay, it might work out ok.

I've played many hours of this, first with TrackIR, then with the Oculus Rift DK2. Some sort of headtracking is pretty much mandatory if you want the full experience. TrackIR and the Rift each have their pros and cons right now, but overall the Rift is so much cooler to use. You feel like you're in that ship. Once the Rift has better resolution and the game supports it fully (e.g. mouse in the galaxy map) it will absolutely bury TrackIR. Already I don't use TrackIR anymore unless I'm learning a new aircraft in DCS and need a clearer picture of controls I haven't memorized yet without having to jam my head against the instrument panel.

As for VoiceAttack ... hah! What a gimmick. Pretty much every commonly used command (and some uncommon ones) should be available for instant access via your HOTAS, a far quicker and more reliable means of controlling your ship. The beginning of their first demo video (I didn't watch the rest) is truly laughable to any experienced Elite: Dangerous player. That said, there are a few non-time-critical things that could maybe be useful as voice input if you want to forgo some of the control and immersion of using the ship's UI for the sake of convenience, like "Request docking" to execute a macro that takes care of a whole sequence of commands needed to do that.

I've never understood how this works, maybe u can explain it to me. What exactly does TrackIR do in this game? I assumed that using the Oculus alone would be enough for head tracking and accessing your left and right menu's.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
59. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 23:07 Bundy

Flatline wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 22:29:
I find it funny that you find the idea of scripted missions for ED to be really difficult to buy but the entire "do anything, anywhere, at any time" scope of SC is totally believable.

I'm not sure if ED will launch this year. They'll say sometime this week if memory serves. However, considering the jump between Beta 2 and 3, and the like 400 item checklist/bugfix between beta 2 and 3, the pace that they're going at is pretty good. A lot of systems have yet to be implemented yet from the design document. ED has a lot of expansion to go.

I don't find anything about SC to be entirely plausible. I just said I liked the combat more than I enjoy it in ED. But there seems to be a lot of people that are holding ED up on a pedestal and I can't help but wonder if they've played it. Because the game they're fawning over doesn't seem like that one I've been playing.

49. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 21:43 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 21:03:
Bundy wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 17:47:
Played with the new flight model today, I find it greatly improved.

Blues seems to be the place to rag on SC and praise ED. I have both, I play both all the time. ED is good, but it's not THAT good, guys. It still has a huge lack of variety in things to do. The cargo hauling missions get tired pretty quick and it's flight model isn't that great. Yaw and Pitch speeds are frustratingly slow. An opponent with better manoeuvrability will make a fool out of you. I know there's youtube vids of pro's showing you how it's done, but if you're not pro, then combat in ED can be a painful exercise. You end up screaming at your sidewinder to turn faster god dammit!

Personally I prefer the dogfighting in SC. I like the potential of fps stuff, if only to give the option of having some more stuff to do. Cause I am tired of hauling fish.

Uh maybe because Braden has actually delivered and all we see from Roberts are commercials and talk?

Braden is far from delivering. ED is impressive in it's procedurally generated scale, but not so much in all the rest. Having 400 billion stars to go to means squat when you can only do 5 or 6 things in some of them and 0 things in many others. And they're still sticking to a 2014 release date. I'd rather they take another year and add more content. Because the game as it loses it's zeal pretty quick.

On the forums someone asked "what can we do in this game" given that it has no storyline and the common answer was to use your imagination and make up your own story as you're delivering fish and claiming the odd bounty. So if you're good with that, then this is your game. But it's hardly the next coming of PC space sims.

The injected story stuff will be neat, if they can deliver on it. But we haven't seen a working implementation yet and with only 2 months to go it probably will be out on an expansion later next year.

I have hopes for ED, but I've found a lot of people are using it as a symbol for everything that SC isn't and that's completely untrue. Play ED for a couple hours and see if you still have the same amount of enthusiasm as you do now. It's just not close to done yet.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2014, 21:51.

39. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 17:47 Bundy

Wildone wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 14:45:
How did you get it to do that? Or what flight mode needs enabled. Off the bat mine just kinda veers left or right in a weird arc. Def not like that

Iurand wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 14:07:
Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 11:04:
Classic Roberts going off the reservation. 'Hey I know, let's drop what we promised and start working on a whole new game instead!

Sure. Except he promised FPS during Kickstarter.

Wildone wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 11:37:
I tried the new 'flight model' and its borked as bad as the last one, I cant even 'Roll' it slides the ship left and right in a weird arc?

Works Rolls for me.

Played with the new flight model today, I find it greatly improved.

Blues seems to be the place to rag on SC and praise ED. I have both, I play both all the time. ED is good, but it's not THAT good, guys. It still has a huge lack of variety in things to do. The cargo hauling missions get tired pretty quick and it's flight model isn't that great. Yaw and Pitch speeds are frustratingly slow. An opponent with better manoeuvrability will make a fool out of you. I know there's youtube vids of pro's showing you how it's done, but if you're not pro, then combat in ED can be a painful exercise. You end up screaming at your sidewinder to turn faster god dammit!

Personally I prefer the dogfighting in SC. I like the potential of fps stuff, if only to give the option of having some more stuff to do. Cause I am tired of hauling fish.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2014, 17:59.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
40. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 30, 2014, 09:58 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 07:07:
InBlack wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 04:59:
I wish I could make a giant smiley "eyeroll" emoticon and perpetually roll my eyes at statements like these:

"I think youíre going to be surprised: the FPS module isnít an asideÖ itís a fully featured game in and of itself!"

Thank you Christ Rorberts for making me see the light. We never wanted space games really. What we really wanted was a never ending stream of bullshit fed directly from your anus into our veins!! Oh and a FPS game. Yeah we really wanted another one of those!!

Rolleyes

True that. This is also -against all hope or what the devs might have said about "controller agnostic" in the past- going to have the side effect that the game will definitely be optimized for either keyboard/mouse or console controller play (Chris Roberts and other devs always use a Xbox controller when demo'ing the game).

The current controls in AC are already heavily skewed in favor of KBM. People believing that KBM will be nerfed in favor of HOTAS are delusional IMHO. Why would they intentionally break a working control scheme just to appease a minority? They can easily afford losing the hardcore space sim nuts with HOTASs at this point.
The KBM/controller demographic is much larger and there is a lot of potential new cows waiting to be milked.

In fact, the FPS module is certainly geared at tapping even more into the mainstream. In the early days the only talk about FPS was for boarding other ships. Then they expanded it to planetside and now CR is talking about a "fully featured game in and of itself".

At this point I am personally just hoping that Squadron 42 will be good but my interest in the PU is homing in on zero. It's going to be a pay-to-win clusterfuck circus of epic moronic proportions.

Can't say whether they'll honor this, but they have officially acknowledged that KBM is OP at the moment. They've said that'll change. Personally I don't care. I like my HOTAS, and don't plan to play against other people, so it'll be like it doesn't even exist in my SC.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video
8. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video Oct 30, 2014, 09:34 Bundy

John wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 08:35:
How does one make their rig "sexy"? Confused

Can't be put in to words. You know it when you game on it.

7. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video Oct 30, 2014, 09:34 Bundy

Slick wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 05:11:
watch dogs was good because of The Worse's mod. that's what made it proper. we need something like that for unity.

The best hope for Unity is that it doesn't have a last gen port. People think it's the Xbox One holding back games, when it's really trying to get the game running in a few hundred megs of RAM in the old consoles. This is why the PC specs were so high in that game.

33. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 23:56 Bundy

NetHead wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 23:30:
Dev wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 17:24:
Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:32:
the FPS module isnít an asideÖ itís a fully featured game in and of itself

Great...? I know that when everyone was clamoring for more space games, what they all REALLY meant was "There aren't enough FPS games out there, we need them IN our space games too!"

No worries, it will be a fantastic FPS with an arcade game inside it that will be a space Sim. J/k
Seriously, that's how I feel, that they are focusing on MMO aspects and things like micro transactions and kitchen sinks, rather than the fracking single player space game I backed for!

I normally don't bother adding my own noise to the cacophony in Star Citizen funding posts, but what you mention is exactly what I normally end up wondering and it's pretty sad.

The only thing I cared about with Star Citizen, the only reason I almost threw money at it and was in any way excited was over the thought of a good, solid, single player space sim/shooter/smuggler/etc. I wouldn't mind if they added co-op or even multiplayer to it after completing the singleplayer aspect, hell Starlancer was absolutely great co-op, though instead now all you hear about is things that conveniently would allow them to make more money from this. Persistent this, online that, micro that and some of those goals for $1,000,000.00 make me roll my eyes.

Even the video I watched about the single player side recently continually went on about multiplayer related aspects, it's also the only news I've seen about the single player game. I don't go hunting for the stuff but that said quite a bit in itself that the only news that made it far enough to get to me only went on about multiplayer.

I think it's pretty sad, both because I'm only interested in a singleplayer space sim and that no doubt there are many who funded it for that very reason.

I'm with you 100%. I have zero interest in the multiplayer aspect. Same with Elite Dangerous, the galaxy is huge and I want to be the only person in it. If I was interested in mining for an hour and making it within 10k of my port, only to get ganked and robbed by a couple douchebags, I'd be playing EVE Online with the rest of somethingawful.

3. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity GeForce Video Oct 29, 2014, 23:52 Bundy

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 23:35:
It comes down to the computer rig. Have a friend who has a high end computer and Watch Dogs was super sexy, but again at a price.

Watch Dogs was hit and miss. I have a super sexy rig and Watch Dogs never performed well on it. Even when I reduced settings. But I knew people with weaker machines and the game performed better. I know I wasn't the only one and after all the complaints regarding the bait n switch crap they pulled on us with the reduced visuals, they never seemed interested in addressing the performance issues. They released one or two patches, neither fixed a majority of the problems.

29. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 19:11 Bundy

clint wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 18:23:
the budget seems pretty spot on for such a large scope game (needs more really). eg, destiny, gta, assassins creed, watch dogs budgets were reported to be in the 100's of millions. Star citizens dev team is at least 200 staff atm. If Star citizen makes no more money from now on, they will be broke in a year.

Tomb raider, crysis 3, max payne 3, dead pool, cost over 100 million to make.

The Assassin's Creed games are monsters. Something like 15 studios and thousands of people are involved. They cost substantially more than SC and have a far smaller scope. I'm not holding my breath for SC, but I'm still optimistic. I like what I've played so far. Plus, I have Elite to keep me company in the meantime.

14. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 14:24 Bundy

Wildone wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 13:17:
Tried 3 times get patch errors. When I do it running the ships handle like giant passenger cruisers, laggy and slow to respond to inputs. Dont tell me about ICSISICISISIC B.S...it sucks out of the box.

I don't have any of these issues. My ship handles well and I enjoy the dogfighting in SC. Hoping to see more of the game soon. ED is up to around 2500 star systems now, although they do need to add more stuff to do in them. Getting a little bored of cycling through the small variety of mission options. Hopefully mining is more enjoyable than it's real life counterpart.

News Comments > John Riccitiello New Unity CEO
13. Re: John Riccitiello New Unity CEO Oct 23, 2014, 09:42 Bundy

NKD wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 19:27:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 16:22:
The first step in EA acquiring Unity.

Also, how can Unity afford this guy? Maybe he's taking a massive pay cut because it's a passion project for him? Something doesn't add up here.

John used to be CEO of Sara Lee, you know, the people who make those desserts. Maybe Sara Lee is going to buy Unity. CONSPIRACCYYY!!!!

Seriously? I wonder what it would be like for your job to be a roaming CEO. To have barely an inkling to what your company actually does, b/c it doesn't even matter to you.

News Comments > John Riccitiello New Unity CEO
12. Re: John Riccitiello New Unity CEO Oct 23, 2014, 09:41 Bundy

wtf_man wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 15:42:
John secretly didn't really leave EA... you will now need an Origin account in order to use the developer tools and access the asset store, for the Unity engine. Middlefinger

lol maybe. I made a similar joke yesterday on joystiq regarding the rumour of Google buying Unity. I said something about, "Crap! There goes Windows phone and RT support!" Because Google doesn't release their products for WP and RT. Anyway, I was attacked by Android fanboys

News Comments > New Kinect SDK & Adapter
2. Re: New Kinect SDK & Adapter Oct 23, 2014, 09:37 Bundy

I might get this. Sounds kinda neat to tinker with.  

392 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo