Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 230 (Novice)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Announced
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Announced Mar 21, 2014, 14:24 Bundy

Yeah, they need to go back and do some story work as well. The combat has been improving a bit with each game, but not dramatically. It's still not up to the level of Arkahm. For me, I enjoyed the whole precursor race and saving the world bit while it lasted (I'm not going to get into the enormously anti-climactic ending). But now that the world is saved, I'm not sure why we care about the whole conflict. Are we going to have to stop the Templar's from enslaving humanity in every game?

I dunno, I'll still get this one, cause I really enjoy the leap back into history. And it's one of the better AAA series overall. Hasn't gotten as stale as CoD yet. But that might just be because I got to be a pirate the last time. Man, everytime I stepped out of the animus ingame, I felt a great pity for my real-life life.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
32. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 16:15 Bundy

Yup. Today, my children are so spoiled. There's no hunting for quarters, or begging strangers for change outside an arcade. Today, I have this conversation with my kids.

Son: Daddy I want to play that race car game.

Me: Forza! Sure, "Xbox, on!"

Son: No, the other one, the old one.

Me: Oh, Burnout Paradise on the PC! Ok, I'll just fire up steam, and redirect the output. Turn on the x360 gamepad. Turn on the big screen tv to input 3. Enable Nv 3dplay.

Son: No daddy. I just want to play it normal. Not in 3d...

Me: ...... Go to your room.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 17, 2014, 15:30 Bundy

Beamer wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 15:05:
Bundy wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 14:54:
The AI in the game is virtually non-existant from what I've seen. You'll have no trouble at all, running into a room full of Spectors (robots), and killing every single one before any of them even raises his weapon. The AI bots in old school UT2004 were leaps and bounds better than the Titanfall bots. It's more accurate to compare them to minions from a MOBA game, than actual AI.

But they're supposed to be like minions from a MOBA game. They've kind of been upfront about that from the start. Every time someone has complained about the AI I've pointed this out, but no one seems to care.

The game doesn't sound as polished as many are making it out to be. Maybe inside the game, but it's missing modes, matchmaking, etc., that all seem like they were cut for time and will show up later. It sounds like it was released 85% done, and while they got the most important parts done, it still looks half-baked.
I'd probably love it, but don't feel like paying $500 for it.

The grunts were supposed to be minions, but they came out and told us that spectors were the hunter killers of the game. They'll fly up on rooftops, shoot you in the back, then hunt for others. At the very least, grunts and spectors shouldn't be so bad that that they get ignored completely. Nobody kills them, because they dont want to waste their ammo, and risk bumping into a real enemy, mid reload.

But if they're just gonna be scripted minions, fine. But then dont talk about the power of the cloud running their AI. Its hardly a testament

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
29. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 14:59 Bundy

Verno wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 11:57:
dj LiTh wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 11:17:
Cool, remember it being my favorite game i had on the old Apple IIGS

Yeah Gauntlet was pretty badass at the time, not sure how it will hold up though.

When I was a kid, and this was in the arcade. Oh man! The game, actually TALKED!!!! ***Mind blown*** So decades later I'm messing around with MAME and, "acquired" a few old arcade classic ROMS. I fired this one up, nostalgically thinking, "my kids are gonna LOVE this!" Man, did my childhood memory ever build this one up. It's still a fun little co-op hack and slash in it's own way. But, technology definitely wasn't as advanced as I thought it was in 1985.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 17, 2014, 14:54 Bundy

The AI in the game is virtually non-existant from what I've seen. You'll have no trouble at all, running into a room full of Spectors (robots), and killing every single one before any of them even raises his weapon. The AI bots in old school UT2004 were leaps and bounds better than the Titanfall bots. It's more accurate to compare them to minions from a MOBA game, than actual AI.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs
27. Re: Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs Mar 12, 2014, 17:17 Bundy

I do think that when a PC game has more than 3 settings for texture quality and I put it on the highest one. They should at least look as good as the HD Skyrim texture packs. At a minimum. Those were fan made packs and I'll take one of those over the low def crap I see in Titanfall on its so called "insane" setting.

If they want to support low end pcs, fine, that's what the low setting is for. But extreme, ultra, insane, or whatever they want to call it, better look appropriate to the name.

18. Re: Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs Mar 12, 2014, 14:54 Bundy

1badmf wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 14:51:
TheEmissary wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 14:25:
Bundy wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:47:
Looking for, but don't see "Win7/8 64 bit". Damn.

Its inferred from the fact the game requires you to have a DX11 graphics card and need 6GB of RAM. Its possible they could also be supporting Vista but its unlikely.

why would it be unlikely? vista can run everything 7 and 8 can. i know me and a few others here are vista holdouts who REGRET NOTHING!!! all patched up it runs flawlessly. maybe still a resource hog, but i've never noticed since i've always maintained an enthusiast level machine.

I feel like we need to throw you and your PC into the trunk of a car, drive you to a church and have them..... do something. I dunno what, just... dude that ain't right! YOUR WORDS ARE PAIN!

12. Re: Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs Mar 12, 2014, 14:10 Bundy

I hope so. But who knows, like mentioned below, these guys also said the game looks stunning. The car racing video looked worse than Burnout Paradise, which is what, 6 or 7 years old now?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
85. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 09:58 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:56:
$33 vs $60 from the Russian site and $43 using the VPN.

I'm not arguing that it's not cheaper, I'm just saying I doubt that's what the majority did.

83. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 09:53 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:49:
Bundy wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:45:
It'll sell for 60 as long as people are willing to buy it for that. Kinda curious to see the initial sales figures myself, after all this hype.
Pretty sure the majority of people didn't pay that much for it the begin with.
From the Mexican VPN to the Russian cd key stores there were threads all over the place with deals on this game, even GMG has a $10 off coupon.
If anyone ended up paying $60 for it, just simply didn't care to get it for less.
Since it is an EA game it is only a matter of few weeks before the price will drop.
See BF4 for recent example, it took what 2-3 weeks and the game was on sale for $40 or so

Could be, we'll see. Although I have my doubts that a majority of people used Mexican vpns or Russian cd keys to save 10 bucks. I betcha most people just bought it at WalMart or downloaded off origin.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 12, 2014, 09:50 Bundy

Seriously? He's called Solid Snake cause it's a game about a tough, sneaky guy. Really Kojima?  

1. Re: Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs Mar 12, 2014, 09:47 Bundy

Looking for, but don't see "Win7/8 64 bit". Damn.  

81. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 12, 2014, 09:45 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:33:
Quinn wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 07:07:
is it the-first-who-pulls-the-trigger-wins,
It is but not as much as other games like CoD or BF.
You can still get away if you are being shot at.
It is a fun game for sure but not $60 fun, more like $30~$40, which I am sure we will see this game to hit soon.

It'll sell for 60 as long as people are willing to buy it for that. Kinda curious to see the initial sales figures myself, after all this hype.

74. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 19:50 Bundy

jdreyer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:48:
Bundy wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:14:
Ryan Lange wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 18:57:
flechett3 wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 17:24:
No one wants to buy a broken product, and that's exactly what a day 0 patch says about a game. What's really shitty is that it's almost exclusively how games are being released now, and it's across every damn platform.

Well, I suppose they could just wait a month before fixing whatever bugs pop up between sending the game off to the presses and actual release (they don't happen at the same time, you know).

How dare they attempt to make the user's gaming experience better so soon after launch.

and even then, when does it end, when do you finally decide its ready. Trust me, working in software as long as I have, bugs pop up regardless. Some weird conditions happen and poof, its broke. Coding is like writing a novel, you can tweak and fix forever.

True, but it's one thing to have one grammatical error per paragraph, and another to have one error per chapter. I agree you never reach 0 bugs in software, but reducing them to a tolerable level should be the minimum goal.

absolutely. And then we have cases of great games that get borked after the publisher rams in DRM. I'm looking at you rayman legends!

72. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 19:14 Bundy

Ryan Lange wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 18:57:
No one wants to buy a broken product, and that's exactly what a day 0 patch says about a game. What's really shitty is that it's almost exclusively how games are being released now, and it's across every damn platform.

Well, I suppose they could just wait a month before fixing whatever bugs pop up between sending the game off to the presses and actual release (they don't happen at the same time, you know).

How dare they attempt to make the user's gaming experience better so soon after launch.

and even then, when does it end, when do you finally decide its ready. Trust me, working in software as long as I have, bugs pop up regardless. Some weird conditions happen and poof, its broke. Coding is like writing a novel, you can tweak and fix forever.

64. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 17:26 Bundy

Total-Khaos wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 16:48:
Maybe you didn't grow up on the same planet as everyone else, but I remember a ton of issues associated with cartridge games. One of the most famous to date:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us

From the Zero Wing Wikipedia page we learn that Sony is to blame for the shoddy translation. You should probably find a better example of cartridge releases being shoddy than an example that shows just how shitty you can make a product by rushing it.

Can't wait to get my first self-driving smart car that has a day 0 patch, THAT will surely inspire my confidence.

zero day patches are the product of a connected world. I know people miss the days of lore when games were completely bug free, and children respected their elders. But these are crazy times. There's a black man in the white house folks!!!!!!!!!!!

59. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 16:39 Bundy

nin wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 16:36:
Bundy wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 15:59:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 15:54:
Fion wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 15:45:
I found the open beta to be pretty 'meh' myself. As an old mechwarrior fan the total lack of customization and simplicity of combat in the Mechs is a huge turn off to me. Everyone just uses the one that gathers and throws back bullets. Combine that with the handful of tiny, uninspired maps and terrible AI on the bots you cannot turn off. This is bargain bin material for me. I'd frankly much prefer to just reinstall BF4, a startlingly better game in my mind.

that's exactly what it was designed to be... a simple dumbed down mech game for the CoD masses. just be glad we get served a game like this at all, so play and try to make the most of it instead of complain and complain... that's all i hear u guys do.

For some reason I suspect there would be a lot less bitching and hate if this game wasn't published by EA as a Microsoft exclusive, the two big evils in gaming. If Mojang released it for PS4 there would be a global wide unending circle jerk about it.

I don't play multi only games - try again.

I know you don't. I wasn't talking about you. You were specifically excluded from hence circle jerking.

56. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 16:11 Bundy

harlock wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 16:04:
Bundy wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 15:59:
If Mojang released it for PS4 there would be a global wide unending circle jerk about it.

theres already "a global wide unending circle jerk about it" dont you think? just take a look around outside this comment thread - except, its from people who are freaking out about how AWESOMMEE!!! it is

if you are suggesting that people not liking various aspects of this game is unreasonable, knee jerk reactionism, then id definitely disagree - id say that angle is already covered by the drooling fanboys and console kids

That's true. I saw earlier today a newspaper reviewed it. A newspaper! Perfect score of course. It might as well been an ad for the game, and who knows it probably was. Just wish the gaming forums wouldn't go 180 to try and offset the uberhype.

55. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 16:07 Bundy

I'm not so sure. The game definitely isn't as amazing as the hype. But take a look at Walking Dead Season 2. The game was a huge fan favorite last season. But this season so far has been all cut scenes and dialog. Your choices mean less than ever before and barely a puzzle to speak of. It simply is not as good. But go take a look at metacritic. Wave after wave of users giving it perfect 10s. They're praising the only developer still making adventure games. And the game its predecessor was.  

52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 15:59 Bundy

Fantaz wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 15:54:
Fion wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 15:45:
I found the open beta to be pretty 'meh' myself. As an old mechwarrior fan the total lack of customization and simplicity of combat in the Mechs is a huge turn off to me. Everyone just uses the one that gathers and throws back bullets. Combine that with the handful of tiny, uninspired maps and terrible AI on the bots you cannot turn off. This is bargain bin material for me. I'd frankly much prefer to just reinstall BF4, a startlingly better game in my mind.

that's exactly what it was designed to be... a simple dumbed down mech game for the CoD masses. just be glad we get served a game like this at all, so play and try to make the most of it instead of complain and complain... that's all i hear u guys do.

For some reason I suspect there would be a lot less bitching and hate if this game wasn't published by EA as a Microsoft exclusive, the two big evils in gaming. If Mojang released it for PS4 there would be a global wide unending circle jerk about it.

230 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo