Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 277 (Amateur)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 30, 2014, 14:09 Bundy

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:22:
Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:12:
Why do the PR people keep allowing her to speak when she's only there to be pretty? Everything she just stated only shows why she should have never been promoted in the first place. That's the problem when companies choose looks over talent.

Jade Raymond produced Assassin's Creed, one of the biggest franchises currently going. But, yes Cutter, she's only there because of her looks and shouldn't be allowed to speak.

There's absolutely no way Cutter isn't a single 44 year old in his mother's basement wearing a fedora, trench coat and My Little Pony graphic tee.

I like Jade Raymond, yes she's pretty, but she also seems to know what she's talking about and clearly hasn't just memorized a bunch of buzzwords and talking points before interviews. If it wasn't the gaming industry she was in, nobody would give a damn what she looked like.

Of course, that said, I don't really give a damn about this particular interview, I'm still gonna click on it, cause..... they'll probably post a picture of her.... yeah.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Jun 24, 2014, 19:44 Bundy

Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 11:10:
Fan reaction to Garden Warfare has been nothing short of amazing.

Really? Where? In some local cafe down your street or something? Did you get confused between this and PvZ 2?

Launch trailer contains no gameplay footage. Mention of booster packs, in-game coins, etc. so monetized out the ass. Sounds like a winner.

Its been out on console for months. I got it for my boys, they love it.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
21. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:40 Bundy

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:34:
I'm tempted to pick up XCOM:EW, but only if the game has XCOM been fixed. I haven't noticed any patches since I bought it, except the patch that added support for EW. I quit playing the game because it got too buggy. I was pretty far into the game, then all of the sudden the hit percentage indicators stopped working. No matter what the situation, the hit percentage only showed 1% or 99%.

I had to rage quit XCOM a while back. My soldier was 1 tile away from an alien. He stood up, fired 3 rounds from his assault rifle, point blank. Missed. Alien counters, shoots my soldier, who panics, pulls out his pistol, fires across the map and hits my sniper who was in cover, probably 70 feet away. Gets him right between the eyes. Dead.

16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:24 Bundy

PropheT wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:23:
Now they're rocking sales for games that aren't even out yet. Not that I'm complaining, but... seems weird.

I noticed that too, of course, it's not a new game in itself, just new on PC. I doubt we'll see a "AAA coming to the same time as console" game pop up though. Although if that does happen. Lord help me.

6. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:03 Bundy

Crap, there goes my money for summer.

At least, I already own most of these. So day one is over. Whew!

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2014, 14:22.

News Comments > Watch Dog Patch Plans
9. Re: Watch Dog Patch Plans Jun 19, 2014, 00:29 Bundy

LittleMe wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 23:44:
I agree with TB's observational guess that Sony didn't want the PC version to the best, graphically. $10 sale please.

It does seem quite suspicious. I tried out one of the mods on guru, the difference is extreme. Not quite E3 quality, but a far cry better than what was shipped. And for some reason the driving choppiness is gone too.

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
16. Re: Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter Jun 19, 2014, 00:25 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 19:53:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 19:50:
Classic case of Quebecker entitlement syndrome.

I don't know if anyone outside of Canada would get that. And realize that it's not a joke.

I'm Canadian, and I get it. In fact, I had the exact same thought when I read this story. What a douche.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
31. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 20:24 Bundy

Not a big fan of the high DoF that this mod includes, but maybe I can disable it. That said, the game both looks better now, and runs far better. I noticed that it does mess with some other settings. Like "HBAO High" setting was reduced. So maybe that's it. I dunno.

For skyrim, Bethesda has never been big on patches. Typically they release a "fix the most common game stopping bugs" patch and then another one that fixes a bunch of random things. And then that's it. The community provides fixes for everything else, within their access, and Bethesda seems content to do fuck all else.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 15, 2014, 02:04 Bundy

Yeah, I made a lot of crappy games when I was learning Unity too.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 14:27 Bundy

I'm looking forward to this. I really hope it doesn't suck.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
53. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 21:27 Bundy

For the most part when I'm saying it looks good. I'm referring to how detailed the textures get you get close to them and examine the details. What does the ground look like with the grass being blown by a breeze. If you're talking about boring urban grey everywhere, then yes, it is bland. Not much color or life. My major qualms with the game isn't the visuals, I think they're fine enough. But the gameplay is really hit or miss. And the theme doesn't match the gameplay. You're supposed to be the hero, I think. But every mission where I'm out to save the day, I mow down a dozen innocents in a stolen fire truck.

I'm not sure the game knows what it wants to be. Its like a mashup of assassins creed and gta. It feels like AC1. Where they had all these ideas but no direction on how to execute them. Hopefully its successor will tighten this up.

48. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 18:13 Bundy

Quinn wrote on May 30, 2014, 17:30:
Bundy wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:51:
harlock wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:32:
Bundy wrote on May 30, 2014, 14:55:
I wouldn't say mediocre at all.

i would.. and i did

if you love it, awesome - good for you

but i expect a hell of a lot more from ULTRA!! graphics settings that cripple hardware in this way

Yeah, sorry man. Dont know what to tell you. The game looks fantastic for me. Short of Crysis 3, which isn't a massive open world game with tons of Ai running around, I'm not sure anything looks better. There's a few that look as good, but better? Can you give us an example to back up your point instead of just raving "its junk" and leaving.

Its definitely sure as hell better than DS2, which bragged about its ultra PC graphics, which most definitely did not live up to the hype.

This doesn't look remotely as good as Crysis 3. I don't fault WD for it because it's open-world and Crysis 3 isn't, but I do fault you for talking such bullshit about something we could be objective about. No, it doesn't look as good as Crysis 3 by a long shot and to claim otherwise is putting you in the biased fanboy category.

The first thing that hit me in the face like a sack of nails were the mediocre open-world graphics. During the tutorial mission they looked just OK, but when I got outside I checked twice if I INDEED had everything on Ultra and why the hell the game ran like shit, relatively compared to the visuals.

Don't touch Ultra textures, people, it looks just as crap as High textures yet with High the game runs three times better.

I did say Crysis 3 looked better. You quoted me where I did. I'm not arguing that. I'm saying its a fair shot better than mediocre. Ultra definitely looks sharper than High. I will disagree with u there.

Of course those E3 2012 vids are waaaaaaaay better than the end product. Betcha those were all prerendered.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2014, 18:21.

39. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 17:00 Bundy

harlock wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:44:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 30, 2014, 15:12:
PC version on Ultra settings true next gen gaming experience
http://youtu.be/idA9BEA4Hxs

hahahahaha

I love how hard he tries to get hit by the train, but, just, can't.

38. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 16:51 Bundy

harlock wrote on May 30, 2014, 16:32:
Bundy wrote on May 30, 2014, 14:55:
I wouldn't say mediocre at all.

i would.. and i did

if you love it, awesome - good for you

but i expect a hell of a lot more from ULTRA!! graphics settings that cripple hardware in this way

Yeah, sorry man. Dont know what to tell you. The game looks fantastic for me. Short of Crysis 3, which isn't a massive open world game with tons of Ai running around, I'm not sure anything looks better. There's a few that look as good, but better? Can you give us an example to back up your point instead of just raving "its junk" and leaving.

Its definitely sure as hell better than DS2, which bragged about its ultra PC graphics, which most definitely did not live up to the hype.

25. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 14:55 Bundy

I wouldn't say mediocre at all. There's a very short list of games that look better. I'm not sure I can name any offhand.  

20. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 14:11 Bundy

saluk wrote on May 30, 2014, 13:06:
Bundy wrote on May 30, 2014, 09:50:
I've had no performance issues with this one, put everything at Ultra and am using Temporal SMAA, whatever that means. But it's probably the best looking game I've ever played. Have a 780GTX though.

The driving is impossible without running into every other thing down the street. I keep my X360 controller right there just for the driving, and it helps somewhat. With keyboard and mouse I can't even go to the next mission checkpoint without running down 3 or 4 pedestrians.

My biggest gripe is the MP. The tailing and hacking game. I hate it. Thank god you can turn it off. Last time I tried it I managed to hack the guy up to 96%, before he saw me and shot me. Then I lost points. So the whole ordeal, the rather good hiding job I did turned out to be a waste of time that cost me in the end. And the last guy that was tailing me made no attempt to hide. He sat in the fanciest sports car, started the hack, and when I spotted him, bolted off at the speed of light. I had no chance to catch him. He just hit the freeway and poof, was gone. He gained points.

I've gotten used to the driving. It's not great, but better than sleeping dogs for me.

Wow, I LOVE the MP. Some of the funnest MP moments I've had in a long time. The tailing is probably the best one. I think it's my favorite thing to do in the game.

That was my buddy's reaction too when I told him. He thinks the MP is great fun. I just want to play the story, and whenever I went to the next mission point and got a "denied" message b/c some tard hacked me I would give a sigh just tried to get the whole thing over with. Once I realized I could turn off the entire feature I was happy. To each his own I guess.

Also, I'm running it off an SSD. My PC specs are:
i7 4770K oc @ 4.5Ghz
ASUS Maximus IV Hero
16GB RAM @ 2.4 Ghz
780GTX oc @ 1Ghz
Samsung 840 Pro 256G (OS and Programs)
SanDisk Extreme II 480G (games)
2TB WD (storage)
27" LG something, can't remember the exact model

I have no trouble running at max specs. I don't get the car choppiness either others have complained about. This PC should do me good for the next 6 or 7 years.

8. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 09:50 Bundy

I've had no performance issues with this one, put everything at Ultra and am using Temporal SMAA, whatever that means. But it's probably the best looking game I've ever played. Have a 780GTX though.

The driving is impossible without running into every other thing down the street. I keep my X360 controller right there just for the driving, and it helps somewhat. With keyboard and mouse I can't even go to the next mission checkpoint without running down 3 or 4 pedestrians.

My biggest gripe is the MP. The tailing and hacking game. I hate it. Thank god you can turn it off. Last time I tried it I managed to hack the guy up to 96%, before he saw me and shot me. Then I lost points. So the whole ordeal, the rather good hiding job I did turned out to be a waste of time that cost me in the end. And the last guy that was tailing me made no attempt to hide. He sat in the fanciest sports car, started the hack, and when I spotted him, bolted off at the speed of light. I had no chance to catch him. He just hit the freeway and poof, was gone. He gained points.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 14:57 Bundy

Fion wrote on May 27, 2014, 14:17:
This game and Wolfenstein are on my 'buy when there's nothing else to play' list. Besides, I'm still far to invested in Dark Souls 2 atm, not to mention Transistor; both of which are freaking awesome.

You know, for months I've been hearing people hype DS2 and when it came out there was nothing else to get. So I got it. Honestly, you have to tell me, what am I missing? I've tried to play this game a dozen times. I just. Don't. Get. It. What's all the fuss about? Yes, it was super hard, I died a million times. Half of which just left me frustrated cause I KNEW I jumped before the edge of that cliff and dodge that arrow. But then I start at a checkpoint, run forward, find my blood stain and continue. Being super hard isn't a selling point in itself. I must be missing something cause I just don't see what makes this any better than all the other 3rd person action adventures on the market. I was more hooked on teenager angsty DMC than I was on DS2.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 14:52 Bundy

Rattlehead wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:36:
Ok, so I downloaded this from TPB(yea sue me, already got burned by AC4 horrible PC port, and Uplay can suck a fat one) and lo and behold, the stuttering in this game makes it nearly unplayable. It seems it's the same type of v-sync issues from AC4 is here.

So yea, save your money.

AC4 was a horrible PC port? I didn't have any issues with AC4 at all. Looked great, ran great. I've often used it as an example of what all AAA PC ports should be. Minus uPlay of course. Fucking uPlay.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transistor
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transistor May 21, 2014, 00:09 Bundy

And they hate puppies too. They kick them. And then laugh about it.  

277 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo