Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 188 (Novice)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
5. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 09:30 Bundy

Pigeon wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:10:
My PC is starting to miss those minimum specs requirements. At least the processor is. I may need to upgrade sometime later this year.

Mine was too last year. I tried to play Max Payne 3 for PC and my machine just kinda laughed at me. So I told the wife the good news. "Honey! I'm spending $3000 on a new PC!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
93. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 23:45 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 23:37:
You should probably be paying attention to those wellheads, people could die man Anxious

Hope so, my coworkers are all jerks!

91. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 23:34 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 23:09:
Bundy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 22:02:
oh geez, dont be so dramatic. They're a tech company, and when they fail at something, a bunch of gamers on a blog get mad. At the company I work for, when we fail, a wellhead explodes and people die. So I'm sorry if I dont quite get so up in arms because you dont like the loss of the start menu, that doesn't qualify as incompetence as I know it.

Dramatic? You just unironically tried to compare a life and death scenario to what you call a blog discussion and you have probably 20+ posts in this thread on the subject. Perhaps you shouldn't be accusing others of drama. I was just pointing out that it's not exactly a difficult leap to see that repeated failures in consumer markets combined with bad PR has lead to a shitty reputation with consumers.

A vocal internet minority doesn't mean 'everyone' hates Microsoft and people can still criticize or be cynical about Microsoft products without 'hating' the whole company.

Yeah, but I'm HUGELY dramatic!

88. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 22:17 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 22:15:
Bundy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 22:11:
But if I pointed at a Mac, or a Linux PC and said the same thing, I'd be drown out by the same folks talking about the virtues of ubuntu and the elegant nature of OSX. Yes, WP is a small marketshare, I doubt it'll ever get much larger.

No, I don't think that's accurate either. You would get people telling you that OSX is a niche product and that Apple's main market is iOS now and that the year of the desktop for Linux never materialized. You're listening to a small fringe and assuming their comments represent a majority view which is incorrect.

I guess. It's always hard to tell, which group is the majority, and which is the loudest. On the internet, it does tend to be the latter.

86. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 22:11 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 21:33:
This is such a stupid thing to say, yep anyone who accurately points out that Windows Phone isn't a statistical majority must be a neckbeard well done fella. Stating Windows Phone is insignificant is a fact, it is a tiny subset of a very large market. You may like Windows Phone and feel that you need to reinforce your purchase decision but for the time being that's just the truth. Whether it will die or not is anyones guess. I've used a Windows Phone but I don't own one personally so it doesn't affect me either way. The idea that everyone is somehow invested in Microsoft smartphone failure is some forum warrior bullshit.

Because you didn't read what I said. My argument was that WP having a small market share is quickly pointed at as an absolute failure by a tech giant. But if I pointed at a Mac, or a Linux PC and said the same thing, I'd be drown out by the same folks talking about the virtues of ubuntu and the elegant nature of OSX. Yes, WP is a small marketshare, I doubt it'll ever get much larger.

85. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 22:02 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 21:33:
I'm not surprised you don't get it considering you inaccurately lump everyone with a complaint about a Microsoft product into the same crowd. Microsoft has done some pretty incompetent shit over the past 10 years, much of it in the consumer space so if you don't understand where people are coming from then you're not trying. People don't have to 'hate' Microsoft to be cynical about their efforts either.

I use Microsoft products from time to time and I don't have any personal feelings about a fucking corporation but the company is not some poorly understood entity, they have earned it every step of the way.

oh geez, dont be so dramatic. They're a tech company, and when they fail at something, a bunch of gamers on a blog get mad. At the company I work for, when we fail, a wellhead explodes and people die. So I'm sorry if I dont quite get so up in arms because you dont like the loss of the start menu, that doesn't qualify as incompetence as I know it.

News Comments > Disney Interactive Cuts 700
7. Re: Disney Interactive Cuts 700 Mar 6, 2014, 20:23 Bundy

Noooooooooooooo, I just bought my kids a ton of Disney infinity characters.  

83. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 20:04 Bundy

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 19:25:
Bundy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:58:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:41:
Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 15:18:
Actually, Windows Phone has been rapidly gaining market share over the past year. This is due to the decline of iPhone and Blackberry sales and all the problems associated with Android security and OS fragmentation.

What is it like 5% Windows and 85% Apple and Android? Loooong ways to go, yep when you sell little you can impress people with yoy sales growth.

Actually, against the enormous popularity of android and apple, I imagine its incredibly hard to move your sales needle upwards. People are always quick to celebrate any increase in Linux and mac sales, why are they so dismissive of wp8 against the google and apple juggernauts?

Well I don't know about the Linux and Apple don't have either. But the point is, sure it has sold some, but it's really tiny still. To see it become an equal 3rd, that would be some impressive work. We hate MS the PC Game Supporter because this is a PC Gaming site, they have really shit on us. Luckily they give us a good O/S in 7, but after that they've gone backwards for years. They also have promised better support to follow up with no support at all. Simply their actions cause our reactions.

oh I know, I've been a PC gamer since 1987 (kings quest all the way!) I'm just saying its a bit of a double standard. Jumping into console gaming screwed all PC gamers. Vista was terrible, win8 has an awkward GUI, but actually performs quite well. I've just never understood the whole "some of their os's have been slow and I don't like the new GUI and controllers suck, so I'm gonna hate everything they do until the end of time arrrrrrrgh!"

81. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 18:58 Bundy

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:41:
Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 15:18:
Actually, Windows Phone has been rapidly gaining market share over the past year. This is due to the decline of iPhone and Blackberry sales and all the problems associated with Android security and OS fragmentation.

What is it like 5% Windows and 85% Apple and Android? Loooong ways to go, yep when you sell little you can impress people with yoy sales growth.

Actually, against the enormous popularity of android and apple, I imagine its incredibly hard to move your sales needle upwards. People are always quick to celebrate any increase in Linux and mac sales, why are they so dismissive of wp8 against the google and apple juggernauts?

74. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 17:27 Bundy

Prez wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 17:23:
What I am interested in is an API that works on Linux. Does OpenGL do that? If so, screw DirectX. Given how Valve has made a push towards Linux AND how much clout they have in the industry, I'm hoping 2014 is the year where the majority of games made can run on Linux too. I am very very intent on shedding mhyself of all things Microsoft.

while more competition in the gaming space is always good, I'm not sold on Linux coming to rescue all us poor folks locked on windows. AMD still hasn't gotten their Linux drivers working great, and its still a tiny percentage of pc's.

I wonder, is it the same folks coming down on windows phone as being insignificant and about to die, the same group that defends Linux as a strong alternative?

66. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 15:45 Bundy

I want an Icon. Stupid Canada.  

64. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 15:30 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 15:28:
Yes, yes, yes, gentlemen. That's all well and fine, but what about BEWBS?

Speaking of that. You know who I'm liking these days? Old Brooke Banner vids. And by old I mean 2008.

59. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 15:13 Bundy

Beelzebud wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 15:09:
D3D? Mantle? Screw both. OpenGL does it all and isn't controlled by MS or AMD.

Yeah, OpenGL. As a developer I haven't had too much experience with OpenGL, at least not recently. But a lot of my graphic dev friends feel very differently about OpenGL than I see on the gaming site forums. It's not as awesome as you might think.

56. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 15:09 Bundy

Drazula wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 15:05:
Bundy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 14:13:
Enh, there seems to be a lot of MS hate no matter what they do.
Because even when they listen, they don't. One perfect example is the Win 8.1 Start Button. Did they really think all users wanted was an F*ing button to go to Metro? They knew exactly what users wanted and still said "Screw you!".

More accurately, what they did was slowly raise their middle fingers and say, "what?" oh I hope this doesn't become a metro debate. So exhausted of that one.

54. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 14:38 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 14:30:
Bundy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 14:13:
AMD makes Mantle, despite it being specific to their hardware, love rains down from the heavens. MS adds it into DirectX. DIE!!!! DIE IN A FIRE!!!!
Because Mantle benefits the consumers not just the ones that are looking to get new video cards but those that have older video cards.

Microsoft makes DX12 you can go out and buy new video card and a new OS in order to see some "benefits" that devs may or may not take advantage of.
Microsoft isn't known for their consumer friendliness lately espcially not in the PC gaming space.

Except you have to have an AMD card, a new AMD card. And I know they made claims about NV being able to write support in their drivers. But we all know how NV plays this game. They will never do it. They will create a CUDA version of Mantle and hope the fragmentation kills both before they'd let AMD have this win.

50. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 14:13 Bundy

Enh, there seems to be a lot of MS hate no matter what they do. So far, this is what we know. There's going to be DirectX 12. But these comments are littered with ravings. And blues is one of the more sane msg boards. If I went to any of the other big gaming blogs they'd be filled with vitriol. AMD makes Mantle, despite it being specific to their hardware, love rains down from the heavens. MS adds it into DirectX. DIE!!!! DIE IN A FIRE!!!!  

45. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 12:31 Bundy

Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 12:28:
Bundy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 12:14:
I doubt any dev would exclude dx11, but what we'll probably see is the multiple render options. like how we already see today. You'll be able to pick dx11, dx12, mantle, etc. Most PC games do this.

Of course, but that in no way helps the adoption rate of DX12.

I wasn't claiming that it would. Only that this is likely how developers would implement. MS will probably lock it into their latest OS, developers will and won't use it accordingly. And the world keeps spinning.

43. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 12:14 Bundy

Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 12:04:
Simon Says wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:49:
Stop being stupid microsoft, well all know the latest directx would be a snap to implement on Win 7.

The funny thing is that MS is bleating to all developers "Come watch how awesome our new DirectX is!!!" and then they'll undoubtedly arbitrarily limit it to 12% (?) of the entire gaming market. (can't quite remember what the Win 8 adoption rate on Steam was, too lazy to look it up.)

Like any dev is going to make a game that automatically excludes 88% of their customers.

But hey, at least Microsoft has a Senior Vice President of Advanced Strategy. Because that right there is some Smart Thinking(tm)!

I doubt any dev would exclude dx11, but what we'll probably see is the multiple render options. like how we already see today. You'll be able to pick dx11, dx12, mantle, etc. Most PC games do this.

36. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 11:48 Bundy

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:27:
BitWraith wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 10:54:
The interesting part of this announcement is how much further behind it's going to put the new console generation graphically.

Are you sure about that? I guess we'd need to know more about the GPUs inside the consoles, but for example, Mantle supports AMD chips as old as the HD 7000 series, which existed in 2011, with a simple driver update. That's because of their Nintendo GameCube architecture that is shared across all of their products since then. Provided this isn't an overnight development, as I doubt it is, I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbone and PS4 can receive DX12 support via some extensive firmware update. And if they can't, there's nothing stopping them from releasing a refresh in a couple of years with new GPUs. It wouldn't be the first time a console had some segregation in hardware requirements between games.

The xbone already runs a closer to metal version of dx11, I dont think there's a need for dx12. The ps4 uses gnm, not DirectX, or mantle. There's no need for a ctm API there either because like the xbone, gnm already is.

33. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 11:43 Bundy

KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:42:
Dont block windows 7 from having dx12 just cause you wanna sell more win8.... How about come up with real reason to get new OS...

they've done this with every iteration of windows since XP. I dont see why they would change it now. Especially when they're having trouble convincing people to upgrade from 7

188 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo