Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 361 (Amateur)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
73. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 9, 2014, 09:44 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 08:31:
Flatline wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 16:58:
You assholes.

You finally talked about E:D enough that I caved and picked up the beta.

It's downloading at home now.
You won't be disappointed. It really is an amazing game. I haven't been this excited for a game in the past 10 years at least.
I mean what other space sim game looks this awesome

I was flying past a gas giant on my way to a station last night and just kept staring at it out the side of my window. It looked so awesome. Nearly rear ended the bloody docking port.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

61. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 19:26 Bundy

Deepjay wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 18:35:
And ships selling for $600 each? Who the hell are buying these?

The same person who bought a sword that my buddy found in Diablo 3 for $250 when the AH was still running. It was nuts, he had 6 copies of the game, playing simultaneously by a bots on VM's. When he'd come home from work he'd put all the good gear in the AH, and excess gold (the bots automatically sold anything that wasn't super good). He made $1500 before Blizzard finally caught up to the bots and shut down the accounts.

But back to my earlier point. Who pays $250 for a sword in Diablo 3?!

53. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 14:58 Bundy

Quboid wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:53:
nin wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:42:
Bundy wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:25:
Bundy wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:21:
seriously, the audio for warping in ED.... it'll give you the chills, especially when you come out.
Yep, it kicks ass
So is the gameplay, I don't think youtube videos give it justice.

I'm getting better, but I still suck pretty hard at combat in ED. For people who've never played ED, you're in for a big change if your only comparison is Freespace and the old Tie Fighter games. Yaw and Pitch speeds are slow, especially Yaw. Pitch has a sweet spot at 50% thrust speed, so in a dogfight u wanna slow down to that to do a quick turn, not down to 0% like the old space sims. So you'll want to roll and pitch, not yaw. And even then the pitch speed is pretty sluggish. It takes some getting used to, and I'm far from being proficient at combat in ED.

Yeah, I was watching that dogfighting video someone posted the other day and my first through was "I wish I could fly like that."

I'm relatively poor at space combat because I think like an aeroplane pilot - roll and pitch, not yaw. Is this how ED works, like flying a fixed wing aircraft? What video are you referring to, the 30 minute one ("Some bounty hunting" was SpectralMeat's link text 4 days ago)?

That 15 Arithon mentioned, that is to convert a pre-order to early access? I first read that as the whole purchase for 15 and was about to go scrambling to their website.

It used to be that Star Citizen discussion would overflow into ED threads on hype. Now ED overflows into Star Citizen on merit. I prefer this way

By default it sets up as pitch and roll, but you can change it if you like. It's good if you're used to pitch and roll, if you're accustomed to Yaw, then things will be tough at first.

If you are wanting to play the Beta now, and have contributed nothing in the past. Then the price is $75.

51. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 14:56 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:45:
nin wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:42:
Yeah, I was watching that dogfighting video someone posted the other day and my first through was "I wish I could fly like that."

I've posted that, and he put in quiet a bit of time to fly like that.
It does take some time but it is very satisfying to master those skills, and the death penalty isn't so terrible in starter ships so I don't think it is frustrating to learn

I do like this about the game, it's not just about the equipment on your ship, but your own skill as well. But I can definitely see people getting frustrated when they jump in and expect to Wedge Antilles the crap out of a squadron.

46. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 14:37 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:25:
Bundy wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:21:
seriously, the audio for warping in ED.... it'll give you the chills, especially when you come out.
Yep, it kicks ass
So is the gameplay, I don't think youtube videos give it justice.

I'm getting better, but I still suck pretty hard at combat in ED. For people who've never played ED, you're in for a big change if your only comparison is Freespace and the old Tie Fighter games. Yaw and Pitch speeds are slow, especially Yaw. Pitch has a sweet spot at 50% thrust speed, so in a dogfight u wanna slow down to that to do a quick turn, not down to 0% like the old space sims. So you'll want to roll and pitch, not yaw. And even then the pitch speed is pretty sluggish. It takes some getting used to, and I'm far from being proficient at combat in ED.

43. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 14:21 Bundy

Arithon wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:12:
Bundy wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 09:39:
I'm one of the crazies that bought into both Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. And while I'm waiting for each to flush out, I'm playing Starpoint Gemini 2.

Like I said, crazy.

So why aren't you playing Elite? Everyone else is. If you backed it to the level of a digital copy, then you can have the BETA since July for 15.

Oh I am. Each game has it's place, Starpoint is great if you just wanna fool around for a bit and not plug in your HOTAS and crank up the sub (seriously, the audio for warping in ED.... it'll give you the chills, especially when you come out.) So when I'm kinda watching a movie in the background or pretending to pay attention to whatever my wife is talking about, I'll play Starpoint. I have a Star Trek mod installed so right now I'm kicking ass in my Defiant.

As for the other two, you can definitely see the potential in ED more. SC is still just a hanger with a pretty model of your ship and a very tiny combat zone. Which really reveals how tiny it truly is after you've warped in and out of 5 systems in ED and flew through the last at 25X lightspeed and carefully docked your ship. BTW, that never stops being satisfying.

5. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 09:39 Bundy

I'm one of the crazies that bought into both Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. And while I'm waiting for each to flush out, I'm playing Starpoint Gemini 2.

Like I said, crazy.

News Comments > Costume Quest 2 Released
3. Re: Costume Quest 2 Released Oct 7, 2014, 22:22 Bundy

My boys loved the first one, I grabbed this one.  

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES w/4K Support in December
15. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES w/4K Support in December Oct 7, 2014, 09:59 Bundy

I could never get into the MGS games. I've tried several times, but they always seemed more a pretentious mess than a solid game. The recent one, where you play Raiden. I thought, "your a cyborg ninja, my boy will think this is badass." He took one look and said, "Why are you wearing high heels?" I could only respond with. "Because the guy who made this game is weird."  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 6, 2014, 09:34 Bundy

Destiny's matchmaking is a joke. I tried the Crucible at about level 12. Every member of the opposite team was over level 25. I couldn't walk 5 feet without being one shot by someone. Never tried it again.  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 2, 2014, 14:03 Bundy

TheEmissary wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 10:46:
This is probably sounding like a broken record at this point but they really need to do something add value to the PS4 version of the PS+. I understand that the PS4 doesn't have the huge library of games to select from but why can't they toss some PS Now rentals to play the other platform's games. They need to do something other than releasing indie games that most people already played a year or two ago.

XB1 has some pretty dismal games for Gold as well. I think PS+ at least got Outlast though.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 2, 2014, 09:52 Bundy

Sony gives away way better games than Microsoft. They give away Driveclub, MS gives away Crimson Dragon...

Oh I see it's not the full version of Driveclub. Anyway.... Still better than Crimson Dragon.

News Comments > Stardock Fantasy Game Announcement Today
3. Re: Stardock Fantasy Game Announcement Today Oct 2, 2014, 09:37 Bundy

Fly like a beautiful bird? Sounds like a tech blogger/fanboy reviewing the new iPhone.

In any case, I think I'll watch for this one, but no bloody way I'll preorder.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
47. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 17:14 Bundy

harlock wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 16:12:
Bundy wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 14:43:
harlock wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 14:26:
PHJF wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 14:02:
I can sort of understand it from Batman because he's a god damn super hero, but here it just looks jarring.

this statement is one of the most stupid things ive seen in a long time

It's brand new iPhone week, the internet has been on full retard for 7 days. And THAT was the most stupidest thing you've seen? Batman is a superhero, and is supposed to be able to do super hero things. Not sure.... What the problem is.

do you even know what a nazgul is? maybe thats your problem

Ooooh, see. I thought u were dissing batman. I get it now. You were pretty close to getting a "I say good day to you, sir."

36. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 14:43 Bundy

harlock wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 14:26:
PHJF wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 14:02:
I can sort of understand it from Batman because he's a god damn super hero, but here it just looks jarring.

this statement is one of the most stupid things ive seen in a long time

It's brand new iPhone week, the internet has been on full retard for 7 days. And THAT was the most stupidest thing you've seen? Batman is a superhero, and is supposed to be able to do super hero things. Not sure.... What the problem is.

35. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 14:41 Bundy

Alamar wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:24:
PHJF wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:18:
I dunno, I don't much care for this QTE-style combat adopted from Screed and Arkham. Instant counters, traversing yards at a time instantly, "press A to do spiffy animation attack"... all makes me feel pretty detached from the action. Wish they'd gone with a more deliberate, tactile system.

I really enjoy the D* Souls games, and would love to play that in a world like this... But that's not seeming likely, so I'll settle for the less interesting combat, for a more interesting environment... When the perfect game/combo comes out, I'll jump on that : )

I'm coming from the other side. I prefer Arkham and AC style combat over the Dark Souls games, I've tried a hundred times to get into those and see what all the fuss was about but it never happened. I just left frustrated, every time.

I think that if you want an action/adventure game that'll appeal to the masses, then Arkham/AC is the way to go here. I suspect that's exactly how this game was pitched too. "Think Lord of the Rings meets Batman Arkham City..." And then piles of money thrown around.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2014, 14:04 Bundy

Julio wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 11:33:
I feel so sorry for Microsoft that they can't pay people what it takes to fill those vacant jobs. Maybe if they didn't throw away $2.5 billion on Minecraft...but aren't they sitting on a ton of cash?

Or is this really about depressing wages by bringing in temporary workers from other countries?

The second one.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 14:35 Bundy

Verno wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 14:32:
Bundy wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 14:11:
If you saw the way my wife ate chicken wings you'd be shocked if that number as low as 10%. She nibbles at it like a mouse and then tosses it aside. Weirdo.

Haha, my girlfriend does the same thing and it drives me nuts. She nibbles at it and then puts it to the side of the plate with huge hunks of meat left on it. Before we moved in together she would just throw out any potential leftovers. Meat is the most expensive stuff we buy for food, stop wasting it woman!

I just started grossing my family out, by taking her damn unfinished wings and giving them the required completion.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 25, 2014, 14:14 Bundy

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 10:21:
I have a 6 Plus and find it really hard to see how someone could bend this thing and not realize it. I wear skinny jeans and the phone fits really nicely, I don't feel any concerning pressure.

That said I'm 6'4", so my long legs may make me an outlier.

lol. You hit 2 of the cliche's there. Do you also wear scarves? Or perhaps thick framed vulcanized glasses, non-prescription? And I just don't know how you guys are using the new phablet sized phone with one hand, when a starbucks coffee is perpetually in the other

I kid, i kid!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 14:11 Bundy

If you saw the way my wife ate chicken wings you'd be shocked if that number as low as 10%. She nibbles at it like a mouse and then tosses it aside. Weirdo.  

361 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo