Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 466 (Amateur)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare "Reverse Boosting" Bans
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Jan 19, 2015, 14:11 Bundy

I don't even understand what boosting and reverse boosting are? Someone explain?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
73. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 17, 2015, 01:11 Bundy

My point was even with the PS4's massive success, that couldn't offset the huge loses the company is taking. Simply because the console profit margins are so thin. So whether your console is incredibly successful like the PS4, or less so like the XB1, it's not effecting the bottom line of these companies a whole lot.

The embarrassing decade was with different management, maybe Nutella really digs King's Quest

71. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 21:47 Bundy

Lorcin wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:50:
Bundy wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:45:
None have survived it b/c their revenue depended on a console success. Microsoft can afford to fail more than twice and still be fine, they still have 80bn in revenue every year from their other departments.

That said, I really wish they'd throw way more resources into PC game development. Hopefully next week is the beginning of something.

Oh they can afford to fail twice just not in a row - and 3 times out of 4. Xbox was never a big profit earner. 360 did well. XBone is tanking. Next one sucks and it won't just be a huge management overhaul. They'll shut it down.

XBone is selling better than the X360. So compared to it it's doing just fine, but console hardware in general has razor thin margin's, always has, there's little money in it even if it does sell well, the point is to sell your games and services. Just look at the PS4. It's outsold the XBone every month before the price decrease and Sony's about to announce a 2 billion dollar loss this quarter.

It's worth it to MS to have a product in this category, even if it makes pennies compared to Office and Exchange. They're a services company. They want their services on your TV. Besides what good would it do to have them gone? Competition is good, it keeps Sony from being lazy.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2015, 21:59.

69. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 20:45 Bundy

Lorcin wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:36:
It's a long way off but I really hope Sony win the NEXT console war. They've won this one hands down and if MS fuck it again next time that will probably be the end of Xbox - no console manufacturer has survived two shitty consoles in a row.

Once they are forced to shut down the Xbox division I think Microsoft will throw all their resources and game studios behind PCs just to try and stop Sony monopolizing the market.

Weird to think the best thing I can do to help PC gaming is to subscribe to PS+ on my PS3 (give sony money to build a better next gen).

None have survived it b/c their revenue depended on a console success. Microsoft can afford to fail more than twice and still be fine, they still have 80bn in revenue every year from their other departments.

That said, I really wish they'd throw way more resources into PC game development. Hopefully next week is the beginning of something.

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
4. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 09:58 Bundy

InBlack wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 09:52:
Not a fan of that either, but its the way of the times. Everything is about the money, these days you wanna play you gotta pay...

Hasn't that always been the way?

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
13. Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback Jan 9, 2015, 14:08 Bundy

One thing that happened that wasn't mentioned here is someone on the forums found a listing where one of the billionaires was trying to sell his account. So initially with only a few people given all this money, they tried to let it slide. There's actually not a whole lot to do with your money in Elite once you buy all the ships and the best upgrades for each, so a billion might as well be a kajillion zillion.

Once it became obvious that they'd likely just try to sell them for real life money, they probably realized that they needed to actually fix this.

News Comments > Retail Broken Age Plans
9. Re: Retail Broken Age Plans Jan 7, 2015, 12:59 Bundy

Orogogus wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 12:50:
Bundy wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 12:37:
I couldn't disagree with you more regarding KQ5. Loved that game. Still do.

KQ5 to me is the epitome of clicking on random crap to get results. Throw a pie at the yeti because... I don't know, why? Why do you want to throw a boot at a one time-only event of a cat chasing the mouse? Because you can, that's why. Also, you won't be able to win the game. How do you get through the desert? Is there a map? No, you get through by saving and loading your way through. This was the kind of thing that struck me as particularly un-clever and unrewarding gameplay.

Both the pie and boot were pretty obvious solutions for me. Even my preteen self figured those out pretty quick, dunno. As for the desert. Yup. That was hard. You had to explore and have a number of save games. It was trial and error and a lot of dying. Not easy. And very frustrating. But more rewarding than the game giving you a map and pointing the way, I find. Those bloody elves in the haunted forest took me ages to puzzle out. That was another thing. Points of no return. If you didn't have the necessary items when you crossed the line, you were already dead and had no idea. Like I said, lots of saves. All the old sierra games had those. That was a big part of the challenge.

I think were just gonna have to remain enemies on this one. I'll be the evil side. I already have the Persian cat.

7. Re: Retail Broken Age Plans Jan 7, 2015, 12:37 Bundy

Orogogus wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 12:34:
Bundy wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:50:
Even the latter point and click games were far from easy. I challenge anyone to finish Kings Quest 3 remake without a walkthrough, in the single evening I finished Broken Age.

LucasArts games were usually easier than their Sierra counterparts. In my opinion their puzzles were less terrible (although almost any game in the genre boils down to trying to figure out what the designers were thinking), and most of their games didn't kill the player. Full Throttle in particular was a very short game, and Kings Quest 5 in particular a very terrible one (IMO).

EDIT: Re: Manhunter

I could never figure out how to get into the Empire State Building in Manhunter New York, and decades later someone made a Let's Play expounding on how terrible that puzzle was.

http://lparchive.org/Manhunter-New-York-and-San-Fransisco/Update%2013/

I couldn't disagree with you more regarding KQ5. Loved that game. Still do.

3. Re: Retail Broken Age Plans Jan 7, 2015, 10:50 Bundy

Even the latter point and click games were far from easy. I challenge anyone to finish Kings Quest 3 remake without a walkthrough, in the single evening I finished Broken Age.  

1. Re: Retail Broken Age Plans Jan 7, 2015, 09:54 Bundy

I didn't mind Act 1, can't believe how long they're taking to do Act 2. But my main gripe was the difficulty. Point and click adventure games have become stupid easy since the old King's Quest days.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Next Week
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC Next Week Jan 6, 2015, 21:37 Bundy

Started playing this around Xmas, after the last patch, so I can't say what it was like before. But I haven't noticed any performance issues, other than when you cross into a new zone and the game starts loading new assets.

Occasionally I run into the odd bug, and all the old AC issues are still here, like when you're chasing a dude then suddenly decide to climb a lamppost.

That said, Black Flag is still better. I agree with Penny Arcade. You can't just give us a pirate ship, and all the Caribbean to sail in, then take it all away and throw us in pre-industrial, dirty as shit, Paris. It's just.... rude.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Film Dated
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Film Dated Jan 6, 2015, 14:10 Bundy

There's the potential for a really good movie here. Crossing fingers.  

News Comments > Into the Stars Kickstarter
5. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 14:51 Bundy

That's the impression I got reading it too. $85,000 is about exactly what you need to hire one professional for a full year. Not nearly enough for a team of people. Kinda sounds like the "team" is doing this in their spare time while still working day jobs and this money is to hire the veteran composer to work on contract.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 30, 2014, 01:38 Bundy

All I could see reading this was, "Fuck PC! We're optimise this for phone games!" So yay, Candy Crush in VR. Sounds way better than Elite Dangerous.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - 4K PC Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
7. Re: Ship Ahoy - 4K PC Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Dec 19, 2014, 09:32 Bundy

I don't get this franchise. My little brother was big into it, made me watch various cutscenes, kept looking over at me like he thought I was supposed to be impressed. But I just don't, get, it. I don't think Kojima is a good storyteller. His characters are weird and way over the top, and the plot just doesn't make any sense.  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
8. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 14:09 Bundy

Acleacius wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 13:47:
Wth is up, with the never ending scroll down and has anyone ever actually made it to the end?

It'll scroll forever, you'll see games randomly repeating themselves.

Addictive though, isn't it. I probably scrolled the height of the empire state building during the black friday sale.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
61. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 14:48 Bundy

Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 14:38:
No problem
Here are all the training videos if you did not want to do the tutorials in game

Wouldn't mind seeing some tutorials on how to do missions.

For instance, got a mission that requests 3 toxic containers...

So, my first noob question... where? 400 Billion Systems... what are some pointers to understand how to approach it.

Very much liking the game... MUCH to learn

Some missions require the product to be stolen, it'll tell you on the mission. I'm not sure why they care if it's stolen or not, but that's the deal. And these pay pretty well. Other missions will ask you for X number of Y and it's up to you to figure out where to get it. I believe in this case, the product must NOT be stolen. So you have to find a station that sells them.

There's no super easy way in game to figure that out, unfortunately. What you can do is look in the galaxy map and check out the trade routes to give you a hint. Food products are likely sold at agricultural stations. But that's not a guarentee that the product you need will be.

I believe there's an iPhone app Frontier made that lets you check out market data around the galaxy. But I've never tried it, nor know how it works.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
60. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 14:41 Bundy

I got a little cocky with my moderately upgraded Cobra. Beat a few Sidewinders and Eagles on the first pass. So I took on an Anaconda.... Didn't go as well as with you. I had to book it before I lost the ship, thankfully Cobra's have plenty of armor. But I just couldn't adjust my attack pattern to defeating auto-turrets. They just chewed me up.  

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta
7. Re: Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta Dec 16, 2014, 14:05 Bundy

First time you manage to land on the minmus (smaller moon), and successfully get your crew back to kerbal is a great feeling. You actually feel like you just accomplished something historic.  

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
32. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 16:42 Bundy

beigemore wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 16:36:
Beamer wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 13:10:
Or do people just not really realize how much slower time is moving when they're in their 30s than in their teens?

Not that it matters, but I think you have that backwards. Time feels like it moves faster as you get older. That's why summers feel endless as a child but are over too soon as an adult.

That's the truth. When you turn 30 and are entrenched in the daily work routine. It goes by so fast. I have a hard time accepting my little boy will be out and on his own in a few years. I swear to god I was rocking him to sleep just a few months ago, not years and years.

466 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo