Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 551 (Apprentice)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeons 2 A Song of Sand and Fire Released
1. Re: Dungeons 2 A Song of Sand and Fire Released Sep 10, 2015, 14:31 Bundy

Anyone try Dungeons 2? I have Dungeons 1, because it seemed like the video game version of the board game Dungeon Lords. But I just couldn't find my groove with it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Win10 Minecraft Adding Cross-Platform Co-op
8. Re: Win10 Minecraft Adding Cross-Platform Co-op Sep 9, 2015, 16:27 Bundy

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 16:15:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 10:41:
Not really. If it was with the console version's I'd be impressed.

Hold on to your butt. I'm sure it's coming. You don't pay $2.5B for MC and not convert it to the XB1. It's already Wintel-based (like XB1), and it's playable with a gamepad. It's a no-brainer.

IMO it's a lot more impressive that they have an Android version compatible with a Windows version. I can't think of another game that's done that before.

MC has been out on the XB1 for a while, he was referring to the cross play.

News Comments > Win10 Minecraft Adding Cross-Platform Co-op
4. Re: Win10 Minecraft Adding Cross-Platform Co-op Sep 9, 2015, 14:17 Bundy

My boy and his friends, along with half the damn school are super into this game. So we were looking at the Windows 10 edition of it. Which I think has better performance, but way less features thanthe standard java version. Including no mod support. They stuck to the regular version.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Multiplayer Cut
19. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Multiplayer Cut Sep 7, 2015, 23:28 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 17:41:
This is like the very first piece of good news from this otherwise horribly mauled game (yes, fuck you again, Microsoft for the backstabbing exclusivity bullshit you assclowns!).

Timed exclusive, happens all the time.

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
202. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Sep 4, 2015, 14:52 Bundy

dsmart wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 20:27:
So I got a response to the demand letter. And of course I have a response up on the blog now.

Also, how soon we forget. It was barely THREE YEARS AGO.

lol, i tried to read this at work. But our company's cloud based web proxy (websense) classified your domain (www.dereksmart.org) as promoting marijuana use. Great, now I'm gonna get reported to HR!

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser
76. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 3, 2015, 10:38 Bundy

Lol thanks. And yeah, I better quit too. I'll get myself all riled up!  

74. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 3, 2015, 10:31 Bundy

VERNO! There you at! Wanna go a few rounds. It's gonna be a slow work day today so I'll be mostly bored.  

72. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 3, 2015, 09:40 Bundy

Krowen wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 07:35:

Reading comprehension. I don't really care for your armchair analyst opinion about PC sales.

I was telling you why it was likely removed. I don't care what games still do it, more games are losing the feature now, then ones still carrying it.

71. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 3, 2015, 09:38 Bundy

harlock wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 08:50:
wtf are people surprised about? theyve been doing this kind of shit for years now, its the standard

server browsers are pretty much extinct now in AAA... thats dinosaur shit to them

Exactly.

70. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 3, 2015, 09:37 Bundy

InBlack wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 02:46:
It's not about shock Bundy, it's about doing the right thing. Which is not buying this game. Apparently you feel differently and have told everyone why, so don't start a tantrum when everyone calls you out for being an ass...

I was trying to explain why they likely removed it. Man this board can be the worst sometimes. Go against the tide and everyone calls you names.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2015, 09:46.

63. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 3, 2015, 00:58 Bundy

Sepharo wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 00:39:
Bundy wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 22:56:
Krowen wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:43:
Bundy wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:28:
It's not that big of a deal to the majority of gamers. Look at Call of Duty, nobody bitches about it there loud enough to hit the bottom line. Nobody gives a damn except a small segment of the weakest platform the game will be on. Is it really worth the development hours to them, to separate out the common matchmaking codebase? No chance.

You don't speak for anyone but yourself and they're making a game for several platforms, not just one. I don't give a shit if they think its not worth the time, if its not worth the time then don't release the game. I'm tired of hearing this excuse as if they're doing a charity for PC gamers, they're selling a fucking product and making money. If there was no profit in doing so they wouldn't bother. They do this shit because they can and its up to gamers to hold them accountable.

There are several popular games on the PC that do both matchmaking and server browsers just fine like CS:GO, TF2, shit even BF4 on the consoles can do it. There is no reason for this bullshit.

Don't kid yourself, the PC sale numbers for this game won't come anywhere even close to the console sales. It all comes down to resources. Will cutting out the matchmaking code that was written for consoles and replacing it with a server browser for just PC increase sales enough to account for the time and money cost to implement it? You really think there are enough PC gamers that are going to not purchase this game over this issue? Please.

So you're just not reading the other posts that have pointed out that matchmaking and server browsers can both exist at the same time... and that this particular developer already has BF4 with matchmaking and a server browser on both consoles and PCs... and that this game uses the same engine as that game?

I'm saying that the PC version follows the console dev. Clearly, the server browser was removed, probably b/c console users didn't use it much. So it got dropped, which propagated to all versions.

Why I even bother commenting on these threads is because I'm still shocked at that after more than a decade of PC gamers getting shafted by EA, Microsoft and all the other players in the gaming industry that put all their money and effort to where the profits are (consoles), that people here are still shocked when stories like this come out. Of course a PC centric feature was dropped from a AAA game. This is barely news.

So go ahead and rage about it. Boycott whatever you like, they won't change a damn thing. Not until there's a bigger market and money to be made in PC gaming. That's all they care about.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2015, 01:10.

60. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 22:56 Bundy

Krowen wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:43:
Bundy wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 21:28:
It's not that big of a deal to the majority of gamers. Look at Call of Duty, nobody bitches about it there loud enough to hit the bottom line. Nobody gives a damn except a small segment of the weakest platform the game will be on. Is it really worth the development hours to them, to separate out the common matchmaking codebase? No chance.

You don't speak for anyone but yourself and they're making a game for several platforms, not just one. I don't give a shit if they think its not worth the time, if its not worth the time then don't release the game. I'm tired of hearing this excuse as if they're doing a charity for PC gamers, they're selling a fucking product and making money. If there was no profit in doing so they wouldn't bother. They do this shit because they can and its up to gamers to hold them accountable.

There are several popular games on the PC that do both matchmaking and server browsers just fine like CS:GO, TF2, shit even BF4 on the consoles can do it. There is no reason for this bullshit.

Don't kid yourself, the PC sale numbers for this game won't come anywhere even close to the console sales. It all comes down to resources. Will cutting out the matchmaking code that was written for consoles and replacing it with a server browser for just PC increase sales enough to account for the time and money cost to implement it? You really think there are enough PC gamers that are going to not purchase this game over this issue? Please.

58. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 21:28 Bundy

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 19:38:
What the fuck are they thinking? Why would they do this? There is no way. They are going to change it, they have to.

38. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 14:46 Bundy

Jackplug wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 14:33:
I think auto-pass for me too, no server browser means playing with friends will be gone. Looks like Dice have removed another community asset from their games and stuck another middle finger up at us. I can imagine no map editor or any tools for community modding, so we can expect the usual drip feed of maps an weapons.

Ohwell there are other games more worthy of our attention!

No server browser does not mean playing with friends is gone. You can play with friends in games that have matchmaking already. LoL and DOTA2 do it, consoles have been doing it for a long time.

32. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Server Browser Sep 2, 2015, 14:12 Bundy

Most MP games are moving this direction, frankly I would have been surprised if they ever entertained the idea of a server browser. Call of Duty, League of Legends, DOTA2, Titanfall and Destiny are all matchmaking. I know a lot of folks here want to run dedicated servers and get a bunch of PC's on a LAN, but lets face it. The majority of gamers buying this, don't give a crap.  

News Comments > HTC RE Vive VR Headsets Delayed
14. Re: HTC RE Vive VR Headsets Delayed Aug 28, 2015, 18:08 Bundy

TangledThorns wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 17:24:
I only suspect this has something to do with Half-Life 3.

HL3 CONFIRMED!

7. Re: G4 Makeover Coming? Aug 28, 2015, 11:19 Bundy

Probably. Vendors wanted X amount of dollars by a certain date for production. HTC couldn't afford to line it all up.  

3. Re: HTC RE Vive VR Headsets Delayed Aug 28, 2015, 09:57 Bundy

Exact same as Oculus. With the same refresh. They're probably buying from the same manufacturer.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 09:55 Bundy

I liked Prometheus! There. I said it! And I know I'm the only one in the world. That's ok.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Sells 6M
26. Re: The Witcher 3 Sells 6M Aug 27, 2015, 14:47 Bundy

InBlack wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 11:59:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 11:47:
And according to Forbes they development and marketed this game for $65 million US dollars.

6,000,000 x $60 = $360,000,000
$360,000,000 - $65,000,000 = $295,000,000 profit

I don't think it's anywhere near that amount as not all of the 60$ goes to CDPR but it's probably in the ballpark. Im glad. Let's hope they don't sell out like some of those other great RPG developers did. *cough* Bioware *cough*

I have a friend who's been at Bioware for ages, without getting into too much detail he told me that after the EA purchase everything changed. They're just another console dev now.

I've been playing a bit of Dragon Age but took a break and decided to try out Pillars of Eternity. AAA resources aside, the quality of gameplay is just night and day. Too bad Bioware can't make us a Baldur's Gate 3.

551 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo