Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 188 (Novice)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 14:12 Bundy

Creston wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 13:23:
Were a small, tight-knit team, and Im proud to have come together with them over these last few years to create something that we think pushes the boundaries and is above all else fun.

I absolutely commend them for not just making another "modern shooter." Titanfall looks pretty fun, but I know I'd get bored with it way too quickly for me to fork over 60 bucks for a MP-only shooter.

Yeah, that's my problem too. I picked it up, cause the beta was fun, and I need a new game for my go to I-need-to-kill-30-minutes without worrying about lengthy cutscenes, awkward checkpoint save placement, etc. But I can't see myself playing match after match after match for hours on end, every day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 14:09 Bundy

My son loves his DS. There's some pokemon game on it that he thinks is the best thing ever. It crashes on him constantly. I remember seeing plenty of bugs on console games, way back with the SMS and Genesis and, let's also not pretend that those SNES and Intellivision (yes, I went there) are anywhere near as complex as these monsters today.

A general rule in programming is that the more lines of code you have, the more bugs you get, not a crazy concept. Having been working in software for 20 years I can assure you that if we held back all our software until it was completely bug free then you'd be waiting much longer than you think. And in the end it's not even up to us. The suits at the top decide on the release date, we just try to get all the show stoppers fixed, and whatever else is most important. Before it's out the door.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)
18. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 9, 2014, 17:02 Bundy

Something to keep in mind. If you want to try and argue your point, dont root the foundation of your argument in calling everybody who disagrees with u stupid. It belittles your entire point and reduces it to little more than a childish hissy fit.

I write software for a living. I get paid money for the tools I create. By your logic, software should free. If that was the case, then I'd have to do something else for a living. So would every other coder. And the software industry would die. I'm not going to argue this any further, I feel like I'm arguing with a creationist here. You don't deserve the attention.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)
10. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 15:29 Bundy

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 14:38:
Bundy wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 14:15:
I dunno, still stealing.

It's not stealing, you're just not intelligent enough tragically to form any kind of intelligent picture of the world. If a criminal buys a law from politicians something becomes "illegal". No one has to obey anyone who's only concern is money and is not responsible enough to treat their customers and society with respect. When you say "stealing" you mean "you should obey king gabes laws he bought through bribery". Well that shows how dumb you are.

No one really "owns" the natural world, human beings just remix matter and energy. The fiction is that we 'own' stuff, but ownership is imaginary and political. It's a mutually agreed upon fiction to solve complex problems. The problem is when human beings are too immature and abuse their power. Few industries are more abusive than the game industry to their customers.

I rest my case

7. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 8, 2014, 14:15 Bundy

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 12:55:
Rattlehead wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 10:05:
So even though you don't think it's worth paying for...you still downloaded and played it, enough to the stealth sections at least. You know there is a demo on steam right?

Why do people come up with these nonsensical reasons to justify stealing?

Look just because YOU don't understand my reasoning doesn't mean I don't have valid justifications. I could sit here and tell you the truth all day and you wouldn't get it. Learn the science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmi0DLzBdQ

I grew up in the 90's, so I hate steam and the game industry. When I pay for a game I want to own it, the whole copyright/intellectual property regime of america is criminal and you are too historically naive to have any kind of historical sense of how corrupt businesses like the game industry really are. You are naively moral, you operate on the assumption that corporate america is 'essentially good' and not 'essentially criminal' and that's what makes you fucking stupid for anyone who has a brain and who's an adult and fully aware of all the corruption in the world and especially the governments and corporations of the world.

Quotation: "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."-- Thomas jefferson

I will never pay full price for a steamworks DRM'd game, ever, but I know dev's got to eat and most gamers are cretinous morons like you. So you mindlessly hand over money to criminals like gabe at valve who have fucked up gaming by normalizing DRM.

Always online, DRM, etc, is the worst of all possible worlds for someone who grew up in the 90's and who isn't stupid. Games are so dumbed down and lower quality today that they aren't really worth anything besides a bargain price.

Since I grew up in the 80's/90's I highly value REPLAYABILITY, which games like civilization have. So many games dont have replayability, they are just giant movies and one time playthroughs and it sucks because game devs of today don't have to do any hard work because 90% of the gaming audience are tasteless cretins.

I miss the days of civlization/alpha centauri levels of fun and replayability and there's no way I'm going to treat a criminal industry with respect who buy politicians and laws taking away my rights to own the shit that I buy. We live in a world of unjust laws and have returned to an age of kings and serfs/peasants because when you have billions of dollars you can get all sorts of laws passed that take away peoples rights.

You are too clueless to understand just how fucked up the world is and that you are not obligated to obey irresponsible rich people and their corporations.

The reality is I agree 'piracy' is a bad thing, but so is monopoly (aka dictatorial control) over ideas that copyright law and intellectual property are. These are backhanded ways to strip people of their rights and america is well known for its criminality in its government and upper class. If the world was filled with adults I would agree with your position, but it's not, you are not literate enough to make any kind of moral judgement regarding the state of the world sadly.

I dunno, still stealing. If you don't like the corporate policies and DRM and licensing vs purchasing, it is in your absolute right to not participate. But taking something that someone else created and not paying for it is the definition of theft, no matter how u "feel" about the system. No matter which decade you grew up in. My 2 cents.

Anyway, I like the game so far. It's no God of War, but it's got good combat and a semi-interesting story. You might want to wait for the steam sale. Not sure it's worth full price.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
32. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 03:28 Bundy

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 03:26:
Bundy wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 02:51:
Yeah, I was a bit torn on the mouse too. I have an MX518 on my old PC. It's always been solid.

The g400 was logitech's replacement for this. Better in all ways except the cord.

Ahh, well if this craps out, I'll know what to do. Thanks!

30. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 02:51 Bundy

Fantaz wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 02:05:
Bundy wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 14:23:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:57:
Most of the comments I have seen say it is not as good as the first one. Think I will pass unless I see better reviews.

Yeah I am upgrading my PC now too, but why in the heck would anyone spend or even expect to spend $3000 on a PC? A really sweet rig should not cost you more than 1200 and you get by for less if you have parts from your old PC that are still usable.

Because I got a huge bonus from work and if I didn't spend it, the miss's would. I took nothing from the PC I was replacing, so now we have two and that way, when there's a kid gaming on one PC, and another on the TV, I'm not stuck gaming on my phone! I bought it last summer:

i7-4770K
NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler
GeForce GTX 780 SC
MAXIMUS VI HERO MB
16GB PC3-19200
Silent Pro M2 850W Modular Power Supply
Chaser MK-I Case
27in Widescreen LED LCD w/ HDMI
840 Pro Series Solid State Drive SATA III, 256GB
Vengeance K70 Fully Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Black
G500s Laser Gaming Mouse
Two Win/X360 Gamepads

At the time, with the OS, and some warranty for a few of the parts, and taxes, it added up to just under $3000. And I'm in Canada so things be a bit more here than in the US.

i'd agree with all but one thing... that an optical mouse would be a lot better for gaming than a laser one!

Yeah, I was a bit torn on the mouse too. I have an MX518 on my old PC. It's always been solid.

23. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 16:26 Bundy

gsilver wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:21:
A gamer on XP is a gamer who has not played Just Cause 2.
...That's a sad world to live in.

Indeed. Also, I dont know if it's sad, or awesome, that when I see required specs for a game and spot this. "Windows 7/8 64 bit". And that I get a bit of a woody.

It is definitely sad that the list of iPhone games that require x64 will likely soon exceed PC. Love or hate Apple, at least they pulled the plug on 32 bit. Windows should have been 64 bit only back with Vista.

20. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 14:59 Bundy

mag wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 14:54:

That is pretty sexy. Nice build.

Moar HD space, though!

God tell me about it. I'm looking at a Samsung EVO 750G. Costs about $480 CAD. I could save a lot by getting a 2TB magnetic drive. But I don't know if I feel right about putting that old tech in this box.

18. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 14:26 Bundy

Yakubs wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 13:46:
Only 8 GB of available space... versus, what, 50 GB for Titanfall? An open world game versus a multiplayer shooter? Hmmmm...

I don't know how Titanfall got so big. I played the beta. It was a 13G download. For 2 maps, and 1 titan. There must be zero texture reuse in that game.

17. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 14:23 Bundy

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:57:
Most of the comments I have seen say it is not as good as the first one. Think I will pass unless I see better reviews.

Yeah I am upgrading my PC now too, but why in the heck would anyone spend or even expect to spend $3000 on a PC? A really sweet rig should not cost you more than 1200 and you get by for less if you have parts from your old PC that are still usable.

Because I got a huge bonus from work and if I didn't spend it, the miss's would. I took nothing from the PC I was replacing, so now we have two and that way, when there's a kid gaming on one PC, and another on the TV, I'm not stuck gaming on my phone! I bought it last summer:

i7-4770K
NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler
GeForce GTX 780 SC
MAXIMUS VI HERO MB
16GB PC3-19200
Silent Pro M2 850W Modular Power Supply
Chaser MK-I Case
27in Widescreen LED LCD w/ HDMI
840 Pro Series Solid State Drive SATA III, 256GB
Vengeance K70 Fully Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Black
G500s Laser Gaming Mouse
Two Win/X360 Gamepads

At the time, with the OS, and some warranty for a few of the parts, and taxes, it added up to just under $3000. And I'm in Canada so things be a bit more here than in the US.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2014, 14:40.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 12:58 Bundy

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:47:
Panickd wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:01:
InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 10:02:

Im not sure most would know the difference unless someone pointed it out to them. For that matter Im not sure most PS4 owners would know the difference either.

Unless you had the PS4 version and the XBox One version side by side on some large ass TVs that you were sitting unnaturally close to you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Like, not at all. Most folks have a problem telling 720p from 1080p on normal size televisions at living room distances, and that's a huge difference. But 180 extra lines of resolution? You'd legitimately need to have your nose against the screen to spot that.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back to gaming at "4K" on my PC.

You are right, from a couch viewing distance 720P on a 42" screen is fine for many things. But that isn't ultimately the point that is being said here. It's that this is the console for the next 7 years and this is already struggling with things that we would have just thought was a no-brainer given.

I dont think xb1 owners should be overly concerned. The ps4 games will always have an edge, but its not like xb1 games are gonna look worse and worse every year. Things always go upward throughout a consoles life.

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 12:01 Bundy

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:58:
Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:37:
Reports suggest that the Xbone is really a rather underpowered piece of shit.

They seem to be trying to avoid price cutting by including games now instead. I really don't know what they were thinking with that price tag.

That was a big mistake, they're gonna have to drop it to match the ps4, in addition to adding games, unless they want to keep seeing the ps4 outsell them month after month.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 11:47 Bundy

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:37:
Reports suggest that the Xbone is really a rather underpowered piece of shit. And it can be yours for only $500! Make sure to wave at the GCHQ guys through your Kinect!

I dont wave to anyone, I do fap in front of it though. Give them their moneys worth.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 11:18 Bundy

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:14:
Bundy wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:08:
That's true, but by and large the end results are the same. The graphic fidelity keeps increasing.

Again, until they hit limitations then tradeoffs are made in other areas which is where the Xbox One will fare worse than the PS4. It simply has less GPU headroom. When they hit this point is anyones guess.

Yup. Sony made better hardware choices than MS this time around. Which is a welcome relief from the direction they were headed. And good for gamers all around.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 11:08 Bundy

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:06:
Bundy wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 10:19:
Games generally look better going forward through a consoles lifespan as things get optimized, for some reason a lot of people think the xb1 is gonna do the opposite.

Games also run up against resource limitations more as devs leverage the hardware which results in tradeoffs like what I already mentioned.

That's true, but by and large the end results are the same. The graphic fidelity keeps increasing.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 11:04 Bundy

Panickd wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:01:
InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 10:02:

Im not sure most would know the difference unless someone pointed it out to them. For that matter Im not sure most PS4 owners would know the difference either.

Unless you had the PS4 version and the XBox One version side by side on some large ass TVs that you were sitting unnaturally close to you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Like, not at all. Most folks have a problem telling 720p from 1080p on normal size televisions at living room distances, and that's a huge difference. But 180 extra lines of resolution? You'd legitimately need to have your nose against the screen to spot that.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back to gaming at "4K" on my PC.

Dude, this is a forum, on the internet. You're not supposed to make sense and be reasonable. You're supposed to pick a side and blindly support it!

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 10:19 Bundy

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 10:11:
It won't be just resolution going forward either, the XB1 versions of games will start getting hit in other areas like AA.

Games generally look better going forward through a consoles lifespan as things get optimized, for some reason a lot of people think the xb1 is gonna do the opposite.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 09:36 Bundy

The XB1 will always lag a little behind. Surprise to no one at this point. But I think it's time to pour myself a "PC Master Race" cup of coffee and hit dem forums!  

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
6. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 09:32 Bundy

I liked it. Wasn't a perfect game, but I enjoyed the adventure.  

188 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo