Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 281 (Amateur)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced
25. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 11:24 Bundy

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 11:13:
Bundy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 10:29:
It's a cut down spin off to a well known franchise, and designed for mobile. This isn't aoe4.

*facepalm* That's the point and what people aren't happy about. There likely won't ever be an AOE4, they killed Ensemble and this is whats left. Of course people aren't happy about it hahah.

A bunch of people had no issue with Blizz leveraging the Diablo name to herd a bunch of nerds to a Real Money Auction house (yes, it's gone now, but was the original direction) so it's done by other "game loving" companies as well.

Most people disliked the RMAH and look at how that worked out for everyone involved.

This is a mobile game, it's for tablets and phones. If Sony released a cut down version of God of War for Android it wouldn't even be a story. But MS does it and its KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 10:29 Bundy

Not really, but I am the only one here who doesn't want to set fire to their offices.

It's a cut down spin off to a well known franchise, and designed for mobile. This isn't aoe4. Relax.

18. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 10:21 Bundy

Wow, everybody is pretty upset about Microsoft making a spin off mobile version of an old game. I have a windows phone, so this is good news for me. There's no Clash of Clans on WP. Anyway, carry on, resume your hate.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 19, 2014, 14:53 Bundy

Sure hope he reserved the name. Or someone's trash Swing Copters game will beat his to market and leach downloads. What am I saying, that will happen anyway.  

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
14. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 14:53 Bundy

I was considering making my wife mad and buying the DK2, cause it really does look neat. But then I'd just regret not waiting another year for the superior CR.

So that's the plan now, I'll make her mad in 2015.

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
23. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 14:40 Bundy

Frijoles wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 13:08:
The adventure genre died for me many years ago. Just haven't found it interesting at all. I've played the emulators of Kings Quest and Space Quest, and while fun, they didn't hold me for very long. When those games came out, though, I played them all day long. And I also sent letters to Sierra asking which language to learn so I could someday work for them.

What I want to see, is a return to the adventure genre, but with the Rift. If there's one area where the Rift really shines, it's adventure games. Moving slowly through a world, finding stuff, exploring. Dear Esther worked really well with it. Games that are thick with atmosphere work well. And who better to bring us adventure games than Sierra?

Not that I'm expecting much.

Did they respond regarding the language?

Agreed regarding the Rift, I feel like it would be better suited to a first person view adventure than a shooter, where your gun always faces the middle of your POV.

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
22. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 14:35 Bundy

SlimRam wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 13:48:
The Phantasmagoria games were kinda creepy and a little scary...I might have pooped them while playing...a little.

We all pooped. Some of us more than a little.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts: Nemesis Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts: Nemesis Trailer Aug 1, 2014, 09:24 Bundy

The only DLC I'm interested in for Ghosts is something that fixes that retarded ending. I SHOT HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE! Suddenly there he is strolling up to me on the beach all tough as nails? Fuck you.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy Jul 31, 2014, 14:47 Bundy

Is this any good?  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
2. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 09:45 Bundy

I'm pretty stoked for this game. Between it and Star Citizen, one of them is bound not to suck! Right?!  

News Comments > Falling Skies: The Game Trailer
11. Re: Falling Skies: The Game Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 21:22 Bundy

Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 14:52:
Bundy wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 14:04:
Jackplug wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:24:
Atm anything is better than Extant!

I've actually been rather entertained with Extant. It's not my favorite show by all means, but hardly a dud. That might change though, of course.

I can't stand Extant but I'm watching it anyway, go figure. The plotholes already piling up 3 episodes in, Halle Barre still hasn't done anything decent in her career except Monster's Ball and the show completely busts suspension of disbelief which is saying something for sci-fi.

What plot holes? She went up in space, got preggers from brain aliens or whatever. The company knows and has some strange motive. That's really all that's happened. And nothing they've shown has shattered my suspension of disbelief. Even that weird kid is creepy robotic. Although I'm not sure he's even acting to pull it off. He was creepy in Looper too.

8. Re: Falling Skies: The Game Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 14:04 Bundy

Jackplug wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:24:
Atm anything is better than Extant!

I've actually been rather entertained with Extant. It's not my favorite show by all means, but hardly a dud. That might change though, of course.

4. Re: Falling Skies: The Game Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 09:34 Bundy

I'm mixed about this show. On one hand, it's about aliens and the future. And we have very little watchable sci-fi on tv these days. On the other the show spends a great deal of time NOT having aliens or the future on it and seems burn through a lot of dialog with two people sitting in a room, or on a roof, moping about humanity and how we have to keep our ways and not fall into dispair. Ugh. Fuck off, gimme more aliens and future.  

News Comments > Titanfall Update to Add Marketplace, Not Microtransactions
5. Re: Titanfall Update to Add Marketplace, Not Microtransactions Jul 24, 2014, 14:04 Bundy

Yup, my kid tried to play a game and sat in matchmaking for 10 minutes before giving up.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 14:30 Bundy

InBlack wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 10:28:
Panickd wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 10:26:
...although there are certainly large numbers of players who would argue that they struggle to tell the difference between 30 and 60 frames per second.

Who are these mythical players? I would certainly concede that the difference between say 900p and 1080p is so small as to be completely negligible and inconsequential especially if you're not playing them side by side. And I would concede that most games are perfectly playable at 30 fps. But anyone who can't see the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps is just brain dead.

I wouldnt say they are brain dead. Id call them blind. Also, there is a vast difference between something running at a constant 30 FPS and something running at 30 FPS and dropping frames, or stuttering during heavy action etc.

If it doesn't dip below 30 then it's all good to me. I'm not sure I could tell the difference to be honest and my eyesight is just fine, thank you. I was running benchmarks on Tomb Raider after I got my latest PC. My old PC could run it maxed out at 38 fps. My new one could hit 105 fps. I'd have to struggle to notice any difference. But the old one would occasionally dip, and that I could see right away, even for a split second. So I don't mind if something is capped at 30.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2014, 17:09 Bundy

Julio wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 17:02:
$75 isn't enough to downgrade to Xbox One. I don't even want one for free.

I got one for free. I was planning on getting a ps4 when it happened. I'm not that big of a console gamer to feel that strongly one way or the other, so I took my free XB1 and went on my merry.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2014, 15:45 Bundy

Fion wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 15:42:
Wait.. the 'next gen' Xbox cant even run Diablo 3 at 1080p? WTF were they thinking.

My rather pimping PC had a few issues with Diablo 3. I'm not so quick to blame MS on this one. I think Blizzard has spent too much time developing WoW and lost its edge.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2014, 14:09 Bundy

I wouldn't read to much into pulling the Surface 2. It's only in their brick and mortar stores and they really don't have very many stores. They probably just want their only onhand stock to be the latest stuff. Help give the appearance of being premium.

For the Xbone stuff, you're right. I don't think the console is bad like most of the internet seems to. The X360 was lauded for it's simple and easy hardware, mostly b/c the PS3 was such a hot mess. The XB1 was just a continuation of that design, except faster and more memory. Nobody expected Sony to throw and complete the hail mary they did. We were all expecting a super retarded Cell 2.0 that nobody would ever figure out. And that was before the DRM disaster at E3. MS got outplayed, market is reflecting that. Removing the Kinect and offering discounts is the only play they have left.

But fear not, in 5 years we get to do this all over again.

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week
10. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week Jul 4, 2014, 09:59 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 17:21:
I don't even know why they bother doing this. Yes, we understand why they have to with TV shows, yet it's entirely unnecessary - and doesn't work well - with games. That's why almost everyone else never bothered with episodic gaming.

Well, and with TV shows, when they go on an extra long break, that has killed off a lot of shows. Audiences forget what happened when they left, they found something new to watch in it's time slot that they like better. More than a few good shows were killed by the network putting it on a 4 month hiatus while they fucked around with other shit.

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month
6. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month Jul 2, 2014, 13:33 Bundy

Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 13:16:
Bundy wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 09:38:
I've been mixed about this season of Walking Dead. I enjoyed the last season quite a bit more. They've always been more interactive storytelling than they have been adventure games, but with the last couple episodes you barely have to do anything. Just click your way through dialog options, most of which don't seem to make any difference to the story. While I do enjoy the story, for both this and Wolf Among Us, it's getting to the point where I'd just rather it be a TV series.

I'm actually happy that all I have to do is stare at the screen and choose a dialogue option every now and then. When I start up TWAU or TWD, I enter lazy mode. Every time I can walk around with my character, I'm like "Hmmpf blegh".

I do strongly agree with you on the other critizism, which is the lack of consequence for your choices. "[X] will remember you lied." "[Y] will remember you chose his side." O RLY?! True, there's choice and consequence but only in the form of one or two sentences. Nothing story/chapter changing. Even remotely so.

There have been a few cases where it said X will remember you were honest with them, or whatever and then literally next scene they were killed. Well, wtf was the point of all that.

EDIT: Ugh, blues is really hard to use on your phone.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2014, 13:40.

281 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo