Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 391 (Amateur)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
45. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 18:07 Bundy

Julio wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 18:02:
Big difference between official reviews and user ratings so far. Will be interesting to see how this ends up.

Metacritic Critic Score 87
Metacritic User Score 5.6

Metacritic user reviews are as useless as the critic ones. "it doesn't run well on my low end pc. 0/10"

Watch some streams on twitch, decide if you like what you see.

One guy even gave it a 0 because he wanted it to have turn based combat.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2014, 18:13.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 17:51 Bundy

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 17:41:
Bundy wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 17:11:
Woot, got my copy. PC deluxe edition. Bioware buddy hooked me up. Wouldn't even take my money. What a nice fellow.

Dang, wish I knew I nice Bioware fellow...

I live in Edmonton, half of my comp Sci graduating class went to work there. I've known a lot of guys who've been in and out of there. I considered it once upon a time, but the tradeoffs were too great. I work as a .net and database developer for an oil equipment company. Not as glamorous, but one of my bonuses is probably half the total annual salary I'd get at bioware, and I get two bonuses a year. Financially it's a no brainer, plus my hrs are better. Those guys work a ton of unpaid overtime.

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 17:11 Bundy

Woot, got my copy. PC deluxe edition. Bioware buddy hooked me up. Wouldn't even take my money. What a nice fellow.  

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 16:06 Bundy

Bad news, Creston. Leliana is NOT a romance option. Just read it. Thought you might want to know... I feel like I need to go get drunk now.  

News Comments > Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change "Any Time Soon"; DX10 Support Unlikely
50. Re: Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change Nov 15, 2014, 20:23 Bundy

Flatline wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 17:19:
InBlack wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 16:35:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 12:57:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 12:39:
Aw shit. Here. 256TB RAM, a core i19@5.3Ghz and a GTXMegaForceSupreme99990Ti.
Well the good news is you will not need specs like that to play the other space game that is due out in a month
and instead of a digital cigar or hair comb they are giving all beta testers an additional free ship (your choice of the 5 new ships) as a thank you for the support.
Oh yeah and there will be 5 more ships in the final game than what was promised in the kickstarter

Looking forward to it. Probably a day one buy. I didnt opt in the beta as Im still lacking a proper TrackIR (it's on the way yay!) but I will definitely purchase Elite Dangerous as soon as it goes 'live'. I realise the game is kind of barebones but it will be a nice change of pace from DCS which is what Ill be playing 'full time'.

Ah you already ordered it. I was going to tell you to google EDTracker. Assembled it's about 50 bucks, if you buy the pieces on their own, figure about 30 bucks plus some soldering. It basically uses similar bits to the Occulus Rift to do accellerometer based head tracking and works really well for X/Y plane tracking (Z plane isn't doable with the chipsets involved apparently).

If you don't have TrackIR it's a good option.

I thought about getting TrackIR for ED, but felt that it would be obsolete once I get Oculus.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 13, 2014, 23:15 Bundy

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 22:35:
Bundy wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 22:19:
Lelianna is still crazy hot.

HANDS OFF MY LELIANA!!!!

I'll post more tomorrow if I can play more. But Creston will probably have more info before then.

I won't be able to play until Monday night when it releases, or probably Tuesday when it finishes downloading. I'm not paying EA for early access.

Thanks for the early impressions

Oh my bad, thought u had it. Ok well ill post more tomorrow unless my kids suck up all my remaining time before I get home from work.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 13, 2014, 22:19 Bundy

Ok, so, my wife came down and kicked me off the TV. Here's what I got so far. First, this game is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally pretty. And plays pretty well. I'll be getting this for PC though, I don't like using a gamepad for this type of game. Just doesn't feel natural to me.

The henchman AI seems better than DAO. They were firing off special moves constantly and not waiting for me, but it still has the same problem where they don't position themselves very well. In the first boss fight, after a few minutes, I switched to the party members and noticed both my mage and archer were in melee range of the ogre and firing their ranged weapons. I had to take control of each and march them away.

I haven't had a chance to get a look at the size of the world yet, or the size of most of it's zones. But the beginning few seem a pretty decent scale.

I wish I could play it with kbm cause the controller took getting used to when trying to go through all the different options.

For production quality, it's top notch. Voice acting is solid, lipsyncing is solidish. Sounds are great, visuals are really great. On the Xbox One which is going to be the worst of all the platforms, I was impressed.

Careful grabbing onto ladders to climb down, I was an inch too far away and instead jumped over the damn cliff.

Lelianna is still crazy hot. And I want to bang Cassandra pretty bad too.

The skill tree is like a cross between Witcher 2 and DAO. Probably closer to Witcher 2, which is good cause it was pretty stale in DAO.

I'll post more tomorrow if I can play more. But Creston will probably have more info before then.

When it comes down to it, buying this game is a no brainer, I've already seen enough to know that I'm gonna love it. My only worry would be the game length cause I haven't played enough to gauge it, but I'm seeing reviewers have played it 80+ hrs and still going hard.

And PC all the way, in my opinion.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 13, 2014, 20:14 Bundy

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 20:11:
Pretty certain the 13.5 million Sony quotes is shipped, too. I see it listed as both, depending on the site.

All 3 systems are easy to find, but that stupid white Xbone sold out pretty much immediately.

Yeah it is. That's the thing, if one of them starts using "shipped". Then they both kinda have to. Remember that the audience here isn't us. We already have one or both of these. They're trying to convince folks on the fence, and if having a bigger number is what it takes to convince that person they'll use as big a number as they can manage.

Most people reading these headlines that are potential customers aren't going to try to disseminate sold and shipped and sold through. They just see 10 MILLION!!!!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 13, 2014, 20:07 Bundy

Kyle at Ars said that the Analysts he's talked to told him that typically with consoles the shipped figure is pretty close to the sold figure. It takes a couple weeks for sold to catch up to shipped. Big box stores try not to order much more than they're getting in demand, and at a year into sales they probably have a pretty good idea what demand is going to be.

A lot of people seem to think that 10 million shipped means 5 million sold over the past 12 months and 5 million currently sitting on store shelves. Which is pretty absurd.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 13, 2014, 15:55 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 15:38:
Wait for the Xmas sales at least. And it's only right that Creston take the plunge first and give us his feedback.

I have a couple friends that work at bioware. One of them said he can get me a copy at a discount. I said, awesome sauce.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 13, 2014, 09:52 Bundy

Downloaded Inquisition overnight. Will give it a play this evening. I'll post my impressions here for anyone who's interested.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $61M
3. Re: Star Citizen Passes $61M Nov 12, 2014, 21:14 Bundy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 21:09:
You know what we should do?

Combine the Star Citizen and Gamergate threads in to one.

I want to watch the Internet burn.

The fire would burn black. And hot.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 12, 2014, 21:04 Bundy

Ahh, HardOCP. You gotta watch yourselves over on their forums. They wield the ban hammer like no other. I once saw a guy get permabanned for asking the mods to "have some sympathy" regarding another guy that got banned. Someone else got an infraction for calling out an Apple fanboy on his fanboyism, he then posted "What the hell, I got an infraction for that?!" They permabanned him and deleted the post. Everybody else was too afraid to speak up.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2014, 21:11.

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
1. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 12, 2014, 21:02 Bundy

No word on the console versions? 20 fps is working as intended I guess  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Preorders
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity Preorders Nov 12, 2014, 09:50 Bundy

WOoooooooo  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Nov 11, 2014, 22:47 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 22:44:
I fucking hate Stan Lee. He's an egomaniacal prick.

Wow! I think I missed a story there.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Nov 11, 2014, 22:19 Bundy

I was gonna get this on the XB1 as an Xmas gift to flesh out my library, but of course, it's half the price on Steam. PC it is!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity
33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 16:11 Bundy

Task wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 16:05:
The review from Conan on COCO was hilarious. I wonder why they couldn't hire french voice acters (that know english) for the game for authentic accents. I can understand native French that speak English just fine. Probably too much to ask I guess, considering most ancient docudramas have english actors for some reason.

For sure, plus, Ubisoft is a French company, you'd figure they'd take extra care here. I know it was developed by studios all over the place, but the marching orders come from France, do they not?

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 15:16 Bundy

Woo, you can get the Remastered Last of Us for $26.  

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 11, 2014, 14:58 Bundy

Dammit! There was a sale! So I grabbed it for $40. Me and my stupid lack of willpower.  

391 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo