Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 550 (Apprentice)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week
9. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week Dec 9, 2015, 14:09 Bundy

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 13:22:
They finally learned from their mistakes and released a trailer with actual gameplay footage. Looks fantastic.I haven't played since the long range missions were insanely profitable, getting me over $100 million in 3 days. Now seems as good a time as ever to jump back in.

I missed that window. And because I missed it the grind feels extra grindy. Can't play for more than 1 or 2 missions a week. The universe needs more stuff to do.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: A Telltale Games Series Announced
3. Re: Batman: A Telltale Games Series Announced Dec 4, 2015, 10:24 Bundy

nin wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 09:46:
So I was playing Tales from the Borderlands and think I finally ran into the bug people get, where your previous decisions are ignored, and the game goes in a different direction. Kinda killed the buzz, and I've not been back since. Wish they'd fix that shit.

Batman could be awesome (especially if it focuses on the actual detective side of things), but if that bug keeps happening...

I thought Thrones had that bug too, but turned out it's just cause none of your previous decisions actually effect the game in the first place..... Zing!

News Comments > Batman: A Telltale Games Series Announced
1. Re: Batman: A Telltale Games Series Announced Dec 4, 2015, 09:44 Bundy

After how disappointing Game of Thrones was, there's no chance I'll get this one.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans
31. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 16:48 Bundy

Oh for sure, Disney is taking SW to the nth degree. But they didn't pay 4 billion dollars to make a couple low key movies.  

29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 16:12 Bundy

TheEmissary wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 16:06:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 10:29:
1badmf wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 23:10:
can be please get a real star wars game that isn't eviscerated by greed?!?!

Yeah right. The definition of Greed should have a pic of Star Wars.

I think Disney as a company takes that honor. They have their hooks in practically everything now.

I honestly don't remember the older StarWars or the Prequels being marketed the way this movie is right now. You can't go anywhere without seeing some Star Wars tie in or what have you. I have seen more merchandise for this one movie than I have for the entire lifetime of the franchise.

Star Wars as a franchise is worth significantly more now than it was in the early 80's. But both empire and Jedi were merchandised very heavily. Lucas' motivation for changing Wookies to Ewoks in Jedi was because teddy bear toys were an easier sell to children. I believe there was even a moment in empire where he screened it for Scorsese (they were close friends) and Scorsese felt that the movie would be stronger if Lucas made some changes, but Lucas explained how that wouldn't fit with the mainstream angle he was trying to achieve.

Don't let your nostalgia fool you. The moment the first star wars became a massive success, the money gears started churning.

25. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 10:31 Bundy

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 10:29:
1badmf wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 23:10:
can be please get a real star wars game that isn't eviscerated by greed?!?!

Yeah right. The definition of Greed should have a pic of Star Wars.

This. Star Wars became all about making money the moment the first one was a huge success. Lucas decided to make it a franchise and the latter two were written with merchandising in mind.

23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 09:41 Bundy

Not into multiplayer shooters myself, but I had fun playing the early access. But my kids just loved it. They about had a riot when the 10 hrs ran out in the middle of their match against each other. I'll be getting this one for them for Xmas.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month
19. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month Nov 5, 2015, 16:16 Bundy

Timmeh wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 16:11:
It is nice to see some of these space games finally starting to catch up to what Derek Smarts had in his games for like the last 15 years.

the graphics are just prettier is all.

This is satire, right? Has to be. I've never seen a DS game that wasn't complete garbage.

13. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month Nov 5, 2015, 15:04 Bundy

Zanthar wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 15:01:
Bundy wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 14:24:
That's right, in Elite the "game" and the "fun" aren't just handed to you. You have to find both of them yourself, everyone knows that. No hand holding here. This game is only for the pinnacle of the gamer elite. While I'm running my 600th route to some system that looks exactly like the systems in the 599 routes before it, I chose to make my own fun watching Star Wars on my second monitor. And imagining that I was playing that, instead of Elite Dangerous. Don't be some lame ADD twitch gamer. Come to Elite where the real gamers are, staring at their screen, watching a tiny clock tick down as they very, slowly, approach their destination.

And then you get to do it again!

Yeah just buy the 100th version of Call of Duty or Madden.

I hate both those franchises.

11. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Planetary Landing Beta This Month Nov 5, 2015, 14:24 Bundy

That's right, in Elite the "game" and the "fun" aren't just handed to you. You have to find both of them yourself, everyone knows that. No hand holding here. This game is only for the pinnacle of the gamer elite. While I'm running my 600th route to some system that looks exactly like the systems in the 599 routes before it, I chose to make my own fun watching Star Wars on my second monitor. And imagining that I was playing that, instead of Elite Dangerous. Don't be some lame ADD twitch gamer. Come to Elite where the real gamers are, staring at their screen, watching a tiny clock tick down as they very, slowly, approach their destination.

And then you get to do it again!

News Comments > The Park Released
11. Re: The Park Released Oct 27, 2015, 14:51 Bundy

Not all games need to have action and shooting in them. Sometimes the scary part is the fact that you're helpless.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2015, 00:23 Bundy

Red wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 22:32:
Cousins isn't incest. Nor is it biologically problematic to any significant degree. I didn't watch the yahoo episodes, but if it was only cousins, it wasn't promoting incest. Just a cultural taboo (that not all cultures share).

Yup, it's true. Statistically there's a far greater impact on genetic problems with babies from a mothers age, than the biological relationship with the father.

News Comments > Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Ends Next Month
5. Re: Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Ends Next Month Oct 21, 2015, 20:53 Bundy

Nucas wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 17:38:
Bundy wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 14:26:
I had high hopes for this game but was immensely disappointed with it. They took Martin's "the good guys sometimes lose the battle" trope way too far. You lose every single damn time. No matter what choices you make or how successful your QTE reflexes are. In the end, something will happen and your character and their family will be worse off. In one of the last chapters you even had the option to "stab Ramsey". I laughed, knowing that it didn't matter Ramsey was looking the other way, or that his men were way beyond reach. Something would happen that would prevent the stabbing. And I was right.

Regret my purchase with this series.

to be fair, the show totally went off the deep end with that too. it used to be a story that wouldn't cheat to let the good guys win - it's now a story that cheats to make sure they lose.

I'm one of those book elitists whose known all the events on the show for a few years now. They're handled a bit better in the novels than the show. Mostly in that there's more story around each of the events that show why it plays out in that particular way. But I do recall throwing the book across the room a few times. Usually after some jackass dumb choice a protagonaist makes that u know will get them killed. The events around Meereen in the last novel were particularly bad.

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2015, 16:57 Bundy

shihonage wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 16:39:
I've seen this entire show.

Not only was the episode itself clearly supportive of inciest, but-

"“Wedding Videography” ends with Briggs Hatton appearing on the screen stating that he is the writer of the episode and was an advocate for cousins marrying, and incest in general. (Editor’s Note: Briggs Hatton did write the episode, but that was the actor Matt Gourley playing him).

Briggs had talked with the rest of the writers in the Community writing room, and they had agreed to allow Briggs to make this episode under the stipulation that he reveals his identity and views at the end of the episode."

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 16:07:
shihonage wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 15:22:
This last season they had an episode where they tried to legitimize incest. Without a joke. For real.

I don't recall the exact episode, but the show in general has a lot of dry satire... You probably just missed the joke.

If Allison Brie is the cousin in question then I am 100% on board.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2015, 15:52 Bundy

shihonage wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 15:22:
This last season they had an episode where they tried to legitimize incest. Without a joke. For real.

Some people have a really got cousin.... Just sayin.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2015, 14:32 Bundy

It was US only as well. Which bummed me out. <-- Canada.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Footage?
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Footage? Oct 21, 2015, 14:30 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 11:18:
Yeah it looks way better than the trite garbage they are going to release in a few weeks. For example no retarded power-ups. See how the dude actually walked up to the snowspeeder, hopped in and took off from the hangar? The way it is meant to be played.
EA/DICE can keep their fucking stupid casual garbage moron-friendly half-bred rip-off abortion of Battlefront.

I dunno, I had a lot of fun playing the beta. There's nothing wrong with having a game you can just jump in for a few quick fun rounds. Not everything needs to be Battlefield or Counterstrike.

News Comments > Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Ends Next Month
1. Re: Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Ends Next Month Oct 21, 2015, 14:26 Bundy

I had high hopes for this game but was immensely disappointed with it. They took Martin's "the good guys sometimes lose the battle" trope way too far. You lose every single damn time. No matter what choices you make or how successful your QTE reflexes are. In the end, something will happen and your character and their family will be worse off. In one of the last chapters you even had the option to "stab Ramsey". I laughed, knowing that it didn't matter Ramsey was looking the other way, or that his men were way beyond reach. Something would happen that would prevent the stabbing. And I was right.

Regret my purchase with this series.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2015, 15:13 Bundy

Verno wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 15:04:
Bundy wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 14:55:
Believe me, I'm not supporting fake reviews. I'm moreso ranting on how one-sided the system is. Off topic, I know. One thing that gets far too often ignored though isn't fake reviews, but bad reviews. I made a spelling game earlier this year and I got a 1 star review that just said, "I wanted to download Alpha Betty Saga but my phone downloaded this one instead, I didn't want this one. I wanted Alpha Betty." Honestly, you clicked the wrong icon and I get the 1 star review?! What the hell am I supposed to do about that.

Perhaps in the beginning word of mouth could get the ball rolling but that's not the case these days. There's just too much saturation in the market. The vast majority of users download from the top 10 and featured lists.

Yeah I can see that as very frustrating. It reminds me of Newegg reviews where people are dinging products for things entirely unrelated.

I'm not sure about your second point though. Yeah people absolutely use top10 lists and stuff like that due to the glut of apps. Is that really a problem though? If you're entering a market with that sort of saturation don't you have to focus on a niche to get noticed? I agree its tough to compete without paid reviews but isn't that the way it should be when you have 1,000,000 apps all fighting for attention? I don't see any fair way to equally represent them. Don't get me wrong, the paid reviews shouldn't be there at all.

I dont have any solutions. And quite frankly I download from the top 10 lists too, or because I read about an app/game on the internet and was intrigued. Its definitely frustrating when you work for a long time on a game, release it, and it gets buried in the dungeon of the app store immediately. Then king releases a game with the exact theme as yours two weeks later and apple puts it front and center in the app store and gets 10 million downloads in 1 day.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2015, 14:55 Bundy

Believe me, I'm not supporting fake reviews. I'm moreso ranting on how one-sided the system is. Off topic, I know. One thing that gets far too often ignored though isn't fake reviews, but bad reviews. I made a spelling game earlier this year and I got a 1 star review that just said, "I wanted to download Alpha Betty Saga but my phone downloaded this one instead, I didn't want this one. I wanted Alpha Betty." Honestly, you clicked the wrong icon and I get the 1 star review?! What the hell am I supposed to do about that.

Perhaps in the beginning word of mouth could get the ball rolling but that's not the case these days. There's just too much saturation in the market. The vast majority of users download from the top 10 and featured lists.

550 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo