Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 281 (Amateur)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
82. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 14:49 Bundy

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:30:
Bundy wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:21:
I'd argue that it is, if not more. Go to any grade school and ask for a raise of hands on who likes Minecraft and I bet nearly all those little hands go up. My kids, and all their little friends. They live and breathe this game..

We have a 6 year old and I have yet to encounter anyone (parent or child) playing or mention Minecraft around here. So yeah anecdotes and all that. Besides, the casual market is fickle and unpredictable, everyone loved Justin Bieber not too long ago.

It is, I think, the third highest selling game of all time? Is that right? Or was it second? But either way far more than any pokemon game and it's barely started on the merch. Cards and board games will hit the market next. Let's not pretend it isn't a enormous, massive success. I'd wager my ancedotal evidence is better than yours.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

75. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 14:21 Bundy

Verno wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:59:
Has anyone even considered the fact that Minecraft as a property is pretty much at Pokemon-level mass appeal and recognition at this point?

I don't think its anywhere near Pokemon levels of market penetration (~300 million vs what, 33 million?) though to be fair Pokemon isn't doing as well with the youth of today thanks to Nintendos odd marketing. It has a lot of youth appeal for sure but I'm not sure what kind of staying power its going to have over time which I think is a healthy question to ask in a multi-billion acquisition. I wouldn't have much faith in a Microsoft produced sequel to be honest but perhaps you're right that it would just sell on name alone regardless of quality. It certainly seems to work for EA at times.

I'd argue that it is, if not more. Go to any grade school and ask for a raise of hands on who likes Minecraft and I bet nearly all those little hands go up. My kids, and all their little friends. They live and breathe this game.

I don't get it at all, and I've REALLY tried to get it. But there was something Notch did with this game that just burrowed into the brains of our youth..... Ok NOW I know why Microsoft is so interested. Their next phone will be Minecraft themed and targeted to 14 yr olds.

The world is doomed.

11. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 09:51 Bundy

NamecaF wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 09:40:
This cant be true, can it? I mean the ludicrous hypocrisy and double-standards if true is just utterly amazing.

After publicly spitting the dummy and shaming and calling a boycott on Oculus Rift for "selling out" after being acquired by Facebook, to then turn around sell out yourself (to Microsoft of all companies!) is just too hilarious to be true.

Didn't he also come down on MS when they wanted him to port MC to the Windows Store?

6. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 09:30 Bundy

This one I get, at least. Mojang has a product, that they sell for real money. But Snapchat and Whatsapp being valued 10bn and 18bn?

Although, I'm not sure this is a good fit, Mojang is essentially one game. Wouldn't MS be better off trying to buy Valve, acquiring Steam makes much more sense than Minecraft.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
28. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 14:26 Bundy

Alamar wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:24:
InBlack wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:50:
netnerd85 wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:49:
Omni wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:36:
Does anyone care ?
Yes. I want this game.

Why?

Because, like every title people on here bitch and whine about, it's not as bad as they claim...

Plus, you know... Different opinions/interests/etc...

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The fighting style took some adjusting, and was too easy in many ways, but otherwise it looked and played great.

Yeah, I felt the same. The game wasn't fantastic, but for the most part I enjoyed the play thru, don't think I'll ever play thru it again. But I'd probably pick up a sequel, if one were to ever be made.

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
33. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 17:13 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 17:11:
Do you even need Freespace anymore with ED on the way?

Yes, yes we do.

Though I prefer both.

28. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 17:08 Bundy

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 16:31:
Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:56:
Imagine if dude gets on stage, picks up the mic and says "Freespace", then just drops the mic and leaves. That would be the most awesome thing, in the history of awesome. And I'm not sure the universe is prepared for the nerdgasm that would follow.

If by nerdgasm you mean mostly quiet people, then sure.

I know it's hard to believe, but Freespace 2 is a month shy of being 15 years old. A significant chunk of gamers, especially the kind that attends things like PAX, will have never played it, and will have no idea even what it is.

I feel so old...

23. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 14:56 Bundy

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:53:
Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:50:
There's a 0% chance it's Freespace. Pretty sure they don't own the IP. But there's a part of me, deep down, that truly believes it's totally gonna be Freespace.

That inextinguishable fire of hope. I'm totally with ya: No way in hell, but damn...we can dream.

"Prepare for disappointment", I tell myself.

Imagine if dude gets on stage, picks up the mic and says "Freespace", then just drops the mic and leaves. That would be the most awesome thing, in the history of awesome. And I'm not sure the universe is prepared for the nerdgasm that would follow.

21. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 14:50 Bundy

There's a 0% chance it's Freespace. Pretty sure they don't own the IP. But there's a part of me, deep down, that truly believes it's totally gonna be Freespace.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
19. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 14:46 Bundy

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:44:
Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:27:
Does the normal game also have co-op multiplayer?

What do you mean, normal game?

I mean like the standard game. Not that I want this, just curious. I've kinda been wanting the Elder Scrolls games to have some sort of co-op MP. So I can run around with my buddy. I'd rather 2 player co-op Skyrim than ESO.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 14:27 Bundy

Does the normal game also have co-op multiplayer?  

News Comments > Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs
11. Re: Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs Aug 27, 2014, 14:25 Bundy

Maybe if the installation ran right after the download completed, this would be useful. But it doesn't speed things up if this just means downloads can run simultaneously. At least not for me. My download speed already caps on Steam, this would just mean that I get to download 10 games at once, each at 1/10th the speed as normal. The advantage to one-at-a-time is that you can start playing one of them while the others are downloading.  

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
141. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 26, 2014, 14:46 Bundy

Man, I haven't been paying attention at all! I completely missed this whole Zoe Quinn story. Gonna have to do some reading this afternoon...  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King Aug 26, 2014, 14:34 Bundy

garrywong wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 14:32:
What, the DLC? Or you mean the whole DS2 game?

Oh, I mean the whole DS2 game.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King Aug 26, 2014, 14:08 Bundy

Might have to give this another try. Every couple of weeks I give it another attempt. I must be missing something cause I just don't see what all the hype is about. I've yet to find the fun.  

News Comments > Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced
36. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 12:57 Bundy

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 12:45:
Bundy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 12:29:
I think a lot of people have a strong sense of entitlement. Microsoft attached the age of empires name to this because its recognizable. That's all this was. Boy people have a strong opinion about that. My concern is why you even give a crap what they call it. It's a stupid clash of clans clone. Who. Cares.

I think you have a strong sense of brand bias so *shrug*.

I've already explained this several times, now you're just going in circles. The name isn't unimportant, that's why they used it. Taking a recognizable property and turning it into something else often doesn't go over well with its previous fans. This being a PC gaming site I'm not at all surprised to see people care. You're also purposely ignoring the larger context of how Microsofts contributions to PC gaming have gone over in the past 5+ years.

It's a stupid clash of clans clone. Who. Cares.

This is a bad argument, you care enough to post about it so of course others do. I don't see anyone telling you what to think or do about this game, people are just posting their own thoughts. You just don't like them because they're negative.

Your own biases are quite clear too so *shrug*. All in all I couldn't care less what you think. I just think its funny that I was the only one not pissed about this. And of course I'm the only one attacked. Oh well, back to work for me. Good day.

33. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 12:29 Bundy

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 11:57:
Bundy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 11:53:
17 I hate Microsoft comments before i chimed in. Guess i missed the memo, this place is for bitching only.

Literally no one said they hate Microsoft. 2 people used the word hate in this thread and you're one of them. The other person said they hate Windows 8.

This place isn't for bitching only but bitching in this topic is perfectly fine and even understandable considering the context. Maybe they could have avoided that by not using the name, I don't know but its no surprise to see some angst because they did.

No one is telling you what to do with your money or time. Quite the contrary, you're the one who seems concerned about what other people think and say about this.

I think a lot of people have a strong sense of entitlement. Microsoft attached the age of empires name to this because its recognizable. That's all this was. Boy people have a strong opinion about that. My concern is why you even give a crap what they call it. It's a stupid clash of clans clone. Who. Cares.

31. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 11:53 Bundy

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 11:45:
Bundy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 11:43:

Lol, I'm sorry you didn't get AoE4. This little game is just something for WP and Surface because there's no Clash of Clans. Just pretend it isn't called Age of Empires and you'll feel better. Chill pill, dude. It's a freaking phone game.

I was just explaining why people were upset and why it was legitimate. Stop pretending we're all outside the Redmond campus with signs and pitchforks. It's an obvious cash-in attempt and why would anyone ignore the name? That makes no sense. They are using the name on purpose because its recognizable.

Chill pill dude, relax, people are just venting. How about you pretend people aren't posting about it and be happy?

17 I hate Microsoft comments before i chimed in. Guess i missed the memo, this place is for bitching only.

29. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 11:43 Bundy

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 11:37:
Bundy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 11:34:
My point still stands.

Your point still sucks for the reasons stated below.

Lol, I'm sorry you didn't get AoE4. This little game is just something for WP and Surface because there's no Clash of Clans. Just pretend it isn't called Age of Empires and you'll feel better. Chill pill, dude. It's a freaking phone game.

27. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 26, 2014, 11:34 Bundy

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 11:28:
Bundy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 11:24:
This is a mobile game, it's for tablets and phones. If Sony released a cut down version of God of War for Android it wouldn't even be a story. But MS does it and its KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Literally see previous response.

My point still stands.

281 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo