Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 233 (Novice)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy Jul 31, 2014, 14:47 Bundy

Is this any good?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
2. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 09:45 Bundy

I'm pretty stoked for this game. Between it and Star Citizen, one of them is bound not to suck! Right?!  

News Comments > Falling Skies: The Game Trailer
11. Re: Falling Skies: The Game Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 21:22 Bundy

Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 14:52:
Bundy wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 14:04:
Jackplug wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:24:
Atm anything is better than Extant!

I've actually been rather entertained with Extant. It's not my favorite show by all means, but hardly a dud. That might change though, of course.

I can't stand Extant but I'm watching it anyway, go figure. The plotholes already piling up 3 episodes in, Halle Barre still hasn't done anything decent in her career except Monster's Ball and the show completely busts suspension of disbelief which is saying something for sci-fi.

What plot holes? She went up in space, got preggers from brain aliens or whatever. The company knows and has some strange motive. That's really all that's happened. And nothing they've shown has shattered my suspension of disbelief. Even that weird kid is creepy robotic. Although I'm not sure he's even acting to pull it off. He was creepy in Looper too.

8. Re: Falling Skies: The Game Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 14:04 Bundy

Jackplug wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:24:
Atm anything is better than Extant!

I've actually been rather entertained with Extant. It's not my favorite show by all means, but hardly a dud. That might change though, of course.

4. Re: Falling Skies: The Game Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 09:34 Bundy

I'm mixed about this show. On one hand, it's about aliens and the future. And we have very little watchable sci-fi on tv these days. On the other the show spends a great deal of time NOT having aliens or the future on it and seems burn through a lot of dialog with two people sitting in a room, or on a roof, moping about humanity and how we have to keep our ways and not fall into dispair. Ugh. Fuck off, gimme more aliens and future.  

News Comments > Titanfall Update to Add Marketplace, Not Microtransactions
5. Re: Titanfall Update to Add Marketplace, Not Microtransactions Jul 24, 2014, 14:04 Bundy

Yup, my kid tried to play a game and sat in matchmaking for 10 minutes before giving up.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 14:30 Bundy

InBlack wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 10:28:
Panickd wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 10:26:
...although there are certainly large numbers of players who would argue that they struggle to tell the difference between 30 and 60 frames per second.

Who are these mythical players? I would certainly concede that the difference between say 900p and 1080p is so small as to be completely negligible and inconsequential especially if you're not playing them side by side. And I would concede that most games are perfectly playable at 30 fps. But anyone who can't see the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps is just brain dead.

I wouldnt say they are brain dead. Id call them blind. Also, there is a vast difference between something running at a constant 30 FPS and something running at 30 FPS and dropping frames, or stuttering during heavy action etc.

If it doesn't dip below 30 then it's all good to me. I'm not sure I could tell the difference to be honest and my eyesight is just fine, thank you. I was running benchmarks on Tomb Raider after I got my latest PC. My old PC could run it maxed out at 38 fps. My new one could hit 105 fps. I'd have to struggle to notice any difference. But the old one would occasionally dip, and that I could see right away, even for a split second. So I don't mind if something is capped at 30.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2014, 17:09 Bundy

Julio wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 17:02:
$75 isn't enough to downgrade to Xbox One. I don't even want one for free.

I got one for free. I was planning on getting a ps4 when it happened. I'm not that big of a console gamer to feel that strongly one way or the other, so I took my free XB1 and went on my merry.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2014, 15:45 Bundy

Fion wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 15:42:
Wait.. the 'next gen' Xbox cant even run Diablo 3 at 1080p? WTF were they thinking.

My rather pimping PC had a few issues with Diablo 3. I'm not so quick to blame MS on this one. I think Blizzard has spent too much time developing WoW and lost its edge.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2014, 14:09 Bundy

I wouldn't read to much into pulling the Surface 2. It's only in their brick and mortar stores and they really don't have very many stores. They probably just want their only onhand stock to be the latest stuff. Help give the appearance of being premium.

For the Xbone stuff, you're right. I don't think the console is bad like most of the internet seems to. The X360 was lauded for it's simple and easy hardware, mostly b/c the PS3 was such a hot mess. The XB1 was just a continuation of that design, except faster and more memory. Nobody expected Sony to throw and complete the hail mary they did. We were all expecting a super retarded Cell 2.0 that nobody would ever figure out. And that was before the DRM disaster at E3. MS got outplayed, market is reflecting that. Removing the Kinect and offering discounts is the only play they have left.

But fear not, in 5 years we get to do this all over again.

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week
10. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week Jul 4, 2014, 09:59 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 17:21:
I don't even know why they bother doing this. Yes, we understand why they have to with TV shows, yet it's entirely unnecessary - and doesn't work well - with games. That's why almost everyone else never bothered with episodic gaming.

Well, and with TV shows, when they go on an extra long break, that has killed off a lot of shows. Audiences forget what happened when they left, they found something new to watch in it's time slot that they like better. More than a few good shows were killed by the network putting it on a 4 month hiatus while they fucked around with other shit.

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month
6. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month Jul 2, 2014, 13:33 Bundy

Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 13:16:
Bundy wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 09:38:
I've been mixed about this season of Walking Dead. I enjoyed the last season quite a bit more. They've always been more interactive storytelling than they have been adventure games, but with the last couple episodes you barely have to do anything. Just click your way through dialog options, most of which don't seem to make any difference to the story. While I do enjoy the story, for both this and Wolf Among Us, it's getting to the point where I'd just rather it be a TV series.

I'm actually happy that all I have to do is stare at the screen and choose a dialogue option every now and then. When I start up TWAU or TWD, I enter lazy mode. Every time I can walk around with my character, I'm like "Hmmpf blegh".

I do strongly agree with you on the other critizism, which is the lack of consequence for your choices. "[X] will remember you lied." "[Y] will remember you chose his side." O RLY?! True, there's choice and consequence but only in the form of one or two sentences. Nothing story/chapter changing. Even remotely so.

There have been a few cases where it said X will remember you were honest with them, or whatever and then literally next scene they were killed. Well, wtf was the point of all that.

EDIT: Ugh, blues is really hard to use on your phone.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2014, 13:40.

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month
2. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 4 This Month Jul 2, 2014, 09:38 Bundy

I've been mixed about this season of Walking Dead. I enjoyed the last season quite a bit more. They've always been more interactive storytelling than they have been adventure games, but with the last couple episodes you barely have to do anything. Just click your way through dialog options, most of which don't seem to make any difference to the story. While I do enjoy the story, for both this and Wolf Among Us, it's getting to the point where I'd just rather it be a TV series.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 30, 2014, 16:26 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 16:23:
Bundy wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 14:09:
Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:22:
Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:12:
Why do the PR people keep allowing her to speak when she's only there to be pretty? Everything she just stated only shows why she should have never been promoted in the first place. That's the problem when companies choose looks over talent.

Jade Raymond produced Assassin's Creed, one of the biggest franchises currently going. But, yes Cutter, she's only there because of her looks and shouldn't be allowed to speak.

There's absolutely no way Cutter isn't a single 44 year old in his mother's basement wearing a fedora, trench coat and My Little Pony graphic tee.

I like Jade Raymond, yes she's pretty, but she also seems to know what she's talking about and clearly hasn't just memorized a bunch of buzzwords and talking points before interviews. If it wasn't the gaming industry she was in, nobody would give a damn what she looked like.

Of course, that said, I don't really give a damn about this particular interview, I'm still gonna click on it, cause..... they'll probably post a picture of her.... yeah.

Do yourself a favour and put that troll on ignore like all the other smart people around here.

I did the moment I read him disparage the fedora

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 30, 2014, 15:50 Bundy

Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 15:46:
She'd wrong, but not because of the "40 year-old design" part of her statement. Where she really shows she doesn't get it is at the end of the article:

"We've gone from a world of undivided attention, to a world of multi-tasking," she added. "Play has always been a way to practise real world skills, and in order to maximise our time here on earth we're looking to be productive, and turn the mundane into entertainment.

"The world is becoming an even more connected and tightly integrated place. It's normal now to be in constant communication with everyone you know, and I think we can make our real world environment playable."

She's not wrong about the direction of Western societies, but about the results. 5000+ years of human history has shown that problems were solved fastest, most efficiently, and most effectively when humans focused their undivided attention on them. You can look at multiple cultures through history and track their intellectual and creative histories, and the peaks almost always come when people reach the political, social, and economic comfort-levels that enable intense personal study. But, now that we have lots of flashy-beepy things, all of human history is irrelevant... and we're going to multitask to Nirvana.

Why did the American Revolution succeed while the French Revolution failed (or you could substitute the Soviet Revolution, as the idea is the same)? Because the American Revolution was predicated on the idea that people DON'T CHANGE. The folks who wrote the US Constitution believed that humans could not be perfected, so they designed a system that would work in spite of human flaws. The French (and Soviet, and others...) Revolution failed because it had, at its basis, the idea that humanity could change. That if you could get the right people in power who could mold society in the proper way, then you could have utopia. This is why, for all of its faults, the US government has long outlived most of its competitors. It's also why I'm constantly surrounded by 20-somethings that only hear half the conversations and instructions, and then screw up everything they touch.

Yet Jade Raymond et al. seem to think that somehow, humanity is going to change so that multitasking will be the new great path forward in human progress. And she'll be as wrong as Robespierre and Lenin...

Yeah but she's really hot.

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 30, 2014, 14:53 Bundy

Fantaz wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 14:52:
Bundy wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 14:09:
[...]

Of course, that said, I don't really give a damn about this particular interview, I'm still gonna click on it, cause..... they'll probably post a picture of her.... yeah.

the pic they took was above the bewbs this time, so yeh...

I know. Lame.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 30, 2014, 14:09 Bundy

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:22:
Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:12:
Why do the PR people keep allowing her to speak when she's only there to be pretty? Everything she just stated only shows why she should have never been promoted in the first place. That's the problem when companies choose looks over talent.

Jade Raymond produced Assassin's Creed, one of the biggest franchises currently going. But, yes Cutter, she's only there because of her looks and shouldn't be allowed to speak.

There's absolutely no way Cutter isn't a single 44 year old in his mother's basement wearing a fedora, trench coat and My Little Pony graphic tee.

I like Jade Raymond, yes she's pretty, but she also seems to know what she's talking about and clearly hasn't just memorized a bunch of buzzwords and talking points before interviews. If it wasn't the gaming industry she was in, nobody would give a damn what she looked like.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Jun 24, 2014, 19:44 Bundy

Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 11:10:
Fan reaction to Garden Warfare has been nothing short of amazing.

Really? Where? In some local cafe down your street or something? Did you get confused between this and PvZ 2?

Launch trailer contains no gameplay footage. Mention of booster packs, in-game coins, etc. so monetized out the ass. Sounds like a winner.

Its been out on console for months. I got it for my boys, they love it.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
21. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:40 Bundy

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:34:
I'm tempted to pick up XCOM:EW, but only if the game has XCOM been fixed. I haven't noticed any patches since I bought it, except the patch that added support for EW. I quit playing the game because it got too buggy. I was pretty far into the game, then all of the sudden the hit percentage indicators stopped working. No matter what the situation, the hit percentage only showed 1% or 99%.

I had to rage quit XCOM a while back. My soldier was 1 tile away from an alien. He stood up, fired 3 rounds from his assault rifle, point blank. Missed. Alien counters, shoots my soldier, who panics, pulls out his pistol, fires across the map and hits my sniper who was in cover, probably 70 feet away. Gets him right between the eyes. Dead.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:24 Bundy

PropheT wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:23:
Now they're rocking sales for games that aren't even out yet. Not that I'm complaining, but... seems weird.

I noticed that too, of course, it's not a new game in itself, just new on PC. I doubt we'll see a "AAA coming to the same time as console" game pop up though. Although if that does happen. Lord help me.

233 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo