Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 392 (Amateur)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - 4K PC Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
7. Re: Ship Ahoy - 4K PC Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Dec 19, 2014, 09:32 Bundy

I don't get this franchise. My little brother was big into it, made me watch various cutscenes, kept looking over at me like he thought I was supposed to be impressed. But I just don't, get, it. I don't think Kojima is a good storyteller. His characters are weird and way over the top, and the plot just doesn't make any sense.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
8. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 14:09 Bundy

Acleacius wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 13:47:
Wth is up, with the never ending scroll down and has anyone ever actually made it to the end?

It'll scroll forever, you'll see games randomly repeating themselves.

Addictive though, isn't it. I probably scrolled the height of the empire state building during the black friday sale.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
61. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 14:48 Bundy

Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 14:38:
No problem
Here are all the training videos if you did not want to do the tutorials in game

Wouldn't mind seeing some tutorials on how to do missions.

For instance, got a mission that requests 3 toxic containers...

So, my first noob question... where? 400 Billion Systems... what are some pointers to understand how to approach it.

Very much liking the game... MUCH to learn

Some missions require the product to be stolen, it'll tell you on the mission. I'm not sure why they care if it's stolen or not, but that's the deal. And these pay pretty well. Other missions will ask you for X number of Y and it's up to you to figure out where to get it. I believe in this case, the product must NOT be stolen. So you have to find a station that sells them.

There's no super easy way in game to figure that out, unfortunately. What you can do is look in the galaxy map and check out the trade routes to give you a hint. Food products are likely sold at agricultural stations. But that's not a guarentee that the product you need will be.

I believe there's an iPhone app Frontier made that lets you check out market data around the galaxy. But I've never tried it, nor know how it works.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
60. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 14:41 Bundy

I got a little cocky with my moderately upgraded Cobra. Beat a few Sidewinders and Eagles on the first pass. So I took on an Anaconda.... Didn't go as well as with you. I had to book it before I lost the ship, thankfully Cobra's have plenty of armor. But I just couldn't adjust my attack pattern to defeating auto-turrets. They just chewed me up.  

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta
7. Re: Kerbal Space Program Enters Beta Dec 16, 2014, 14:05 Bundy

First time you manage to land on the minmus (smaller moon), and successfully get your crew back to kerbal is a great feeling. You actually feel like you just accomplished something historic.  

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
32. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 16:42 Bundy

beigemore wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 16:36:
Beamer wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 13:10:
Or do people just not really realize how much slower time is moving when they're in their 30s than in their teens?

Not that it matters, but I think you have that backwards. Time feels like it moves faster as you get older. That's why summers feel endless as a child but are over too soon as an adult.

That's the truth. When you turn 30 and are entrenched in the daily work routine. It goes by so fast. I have a hard time accepting my little boy will be out and on his own in a few years. I swear to god I was rocking him to sleep just a few months ago, not years and years.

30. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 14:59 Bundy

Verno wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 14:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 13:03:
Good luck with that one. C'mon Gabe hurry up with SteamOS. Pretty please? Or at least give us HL3 or something
Hopefully MS support will not run out on 7 for a while.
I really hate 8

I am really hoping SteamOS isn't another in a long line of dropped Valve projects because I barely use anything Windows specific anymore outside of games.

Yeah, I dunno about Valve sometimes. They'll take a product right to the finish line and then it's just like Gabe wakes up in a bad mood and cancels the entire thing.

28. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 14:21 Bundy

The Xbox App here that everyone seems really angry about kinda already sounds a lot like the Games app in Windows 8. Except has a few extra things they took from Smartglass.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2014, 14:08 Bundy

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:07:
Why wouldn't these be powered by android/iOS where you have speed, apps and everything? Why go with a much smaller proprietary system? It's like they are inventing something that just needs to be a tablet for a car.

Well, Apple, Google and MS are all interested. They are each working on in-car systems. I saw a demo of Apple's system and wasn't very impressed. It's basically an iPad mini in your console with a fraction of the functionality and requires an iPhone to be physically plugged into the system. Surely Apple can do better than that.

But that said, keep in mind that one product only sells when the whole vehicle sells. That doesn't have the same $$$ as tablets and phones. So I imagine the budget the in-car department has is quite a bit less than what the iPhone team gets.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2014, 09:50 Bundy

My Explorer has Sync, I don't mind it. But I've seen some demo's of the QNX system. It's pretty slick. Wish I could upgrade...  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
4. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 09:48 Bundy

Asmodai wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 09:34:
I usually don't mind steam sales as a way to stock up on a few decent titles for later play, but this thing is fucking awful...

My entire inventory wouldn't buy a brass razoo (hundreds of cards, I don't bother buying to make sets), leaving me with a prospective pile of shit gems that aren't worth anything and no winning bids I'd imagine.

If I bothered to participate...

Ya I looked into this last night. Shitty games going for hundreds of thousands of gems, but you can only convert cards for 10, maybe 20? This is their dumbest event yet.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 11, 2014, 14:05 Bundy

Last year my son's best friend, who was 10 yrs old, died of cancer. He'd been fighting it for 5 years. There is not a more horrible thing for any family to go through.

The wounds for all of us are still pretty fresh, I read through their kickstarter page last week. I was crying my eyes out mid way through. This would be a tough game to play.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2014, 09:51 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 21:39:
Bundy wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 14:47:
It's a timed exclusive, these happen all the time, let's not get carried away.

Rape and murder happens all the time, let's not get carried away.

Besides didn't Sony and Capcom just do the exact same thing with SF5, like yesterday?

There is a huge difference in that Sony does not have any stakes in the PC. I'm totally fine with Sony doing everything in their power to make the PS4 the best entertainment product. It's their very own closed platform and they can do as they please.

The fuckers from Microsoft, however, "own" both the PC Windows as well as the ShitBox platforms. We all know their priorities. In Microsoft's ideal world we are all using our PCs and MS Windows and Office for work and the ShitBox to wind down on the couch in the evening. You know, fuck the consumer and their idea of how to spend their spare time because Microsoft knows better and makes that decision for us! Awesome - like not at all...

Additionally Microsoft has outright sabotaged and destroyed the PC Windows gaming platform by actively shutting down most of their internal PC game dev studios (Ensemble and Aces for example) and striking many disgusting exclusive deals with 3rd parties to fuck PC gamers in the ass while at the same time claiming about once a year that the PC really matters to them.

If you can not see how Microsoft is effectively one giant big unwiped brown asshole, then I don't know what else you need, except maybe Nutella dude squatting over your face and showing you his goatse style...(?)

Yeah, b/c rape, murder and video games can be equated just like that.

I see two games, that each have exclusive deals on competing platforms. Looks like the same thing to me.

I didn't read all the other stuff you said, sorry. It was too frothy. You're an angry fellow, find a new hobby, this one disagrees with you.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2014, 14:09.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2014, 14:49 Bundy

Kobalt wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 11:24:
It's sad how little hype is surrounding tekken 7 compared to street fighter 5. But then at least capcom changes the game every once and a while.

Was never really a fan of either game in my youth. The only fighting games that have recently got my attention were the latest Mortal Kombat and Injustice, and primarily b/c they have a storyline. Which is far overdue, imho.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2014, 14:47 Bundy

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 11:40:
Ugh thanks for the TR reminder and what a bunch of cockfags Microsoft are (and to a lesser extent Square Enix for accepting the tasty bribe).
Come on Mickeysoft... it's Xmas time, why don't you fuckwads make us feel all warm&fuzzy inside and tell us just once more how much you care about PC gaming, hm?

It's a timed exclusive, these happen all the time, let's not get carried away. Besides didn't Sony and Capcom just do the exact same thing with SF5, like yesterday?

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
65. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 16:16 Bundy

Kosumo wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 15:42:
Star Citizen is a joke, a really bad one.

If you cant see that selling virtual internet space ships for real life money for a 'game' that is no where near finish (or even started/planned) is a joke I feel sorry for you.

But don't listern to me, listern to Chris 'You guys fund my dreams' Roberts*

*who has not released a game in over a decade

OR you can pay 60$ which is the standard price for a game anyway. But hey, listern for a second. Don't feel sorry for me. I'm doing ok. We square?

50. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 14:52 Bundy

Wildone wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 14:40:
IKR and what are the other options? SC is a JOKE so then...???!!

SC is still just a small demo at this point. I know it's fashionable to hate on it, blues seems especially the place to do that for some reason. But I wouldn't call it a joke. There's not enough game yet to call it anything, really. My only grievances are that I dislike how you can't unbind keys. Super annoying when your HOTAS isn't in the default joystick mapping list, and so you have to make your own maps, and make a mistake and set a button wrong.

The flight model is improving. But not quite there yet. It's still a bit sloppy, although the last patch vastly improved it. Personally though I prefer it to ED in general, I just can't stand the artificially gimped Yaw and Pitch in ED. Drives me nuts.

And in the hanger SC has this weird stuttering when I climb into my ship and move/look around. It's been there since day one, and occurs on two different PC's I've tested, with an AMD and NV vid.

But is the game a joke? Not currently.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 9, 2014, 14:38 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 20:16:
She's obviously made some decent cake if she could quit her job, but 100 mils? Uh no.

My cat needs to pick up the slack!

45. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 14:27 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 14:11:
Bundy wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 14:04:
you'll still make quite a bit more money just hauling fish around the galaxy.
Planning to do that tonight, haven't had time to play much lately but will do now since there is no more wipe

Me too, I saved enough to buy a Hauler and then a Cobra. Then I quit b/c it's a long grind for the next big upgrade after the Cobra and there was no way I'd get before Dec 16.

But now I can start again. I'm still concerned though. The lack of things to do is still there. They never really addressed it. All we have is the promise that they'll be injecting some life into the galaxy at some unknown future date.

41. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 14:04 Bundy

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 12:49:
Arithon wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:18:
Those of us who have been playing the game are fairly pleased by the news we get to keep the assets we've traded hard to get since November.

Cheaters will have their accounts wiped if they are found to be using exploits and anyone who wants to "reset" can at any time.

Moaners love to moan.

Half the complaints are based on the absurd notion that there is some kind of finish line. There is NO PRIZE for the first one to a billion credits, no medal for owning the largest ship. It's a sandbox, not a drag race.

Just out of curiosity, would this mean they also don't reset the exploration stuff? As in the guy who first explores solar system A-12345 gets paid for that, and then it can't be explored anymore.

You'll still get paid for exploring systems that are unexplored to you. You just got some bonus cash for being the first to explore it ever. But given how much exploring pays in general, you'll still make quite a bit more money just hauling fish around the galaxy.

392 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo