Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 416 (Amateur)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month
35. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 14:52 Bundy

Ladron3dfx wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 13:57:
No GOG.com, no sale.

No DRM Free, no sale.

Boy you sure hate steam!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month
34. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 14:50 Bundy

Luke wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 12:57:
Funny how peps want to wait for this game to go on sale , but don't have nada problem putting 1000$ or more for a pixel ship in star Citizen , Wall guess those peps are feeling important like " We made the game" jezz

I'm in for $75.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 24, 2015, 11:25 Bundy

Redmask wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 08:58:
Shineyguy wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 16:58:
HoloStudio is shipping with the units/Windows 10.

You guys should seriously give a listen to Windows Weekly. Mary Jo Foley and Paul Thurott give a lot of info on HoloLens.

It sounds dumb and I have no interest in AR tech. I want to move away from Microsoft products in the future, not towards more.

Thanks Shineyguy, I'll give it a look.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2015, 09:32 Bundy

Verno wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 09:29:
Molyneux warns Microsoft: Don't overpromise on HoloLens.

Literally zero introspection or shame in that guy.

Thanks for Milo Peter!

I'm not sure if Molyneux is oblivious, sincere or just trolling us, and laughing his ass off.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2015, 09:31 Bundy

I saw a demo of some tech where they could create virtual haptic buttons using ultrasound. That would be pretty slick if coupled with something like this. Not that I know if any of the finer details make it possible. Still, a man can dream.

I think there's some neat gaming potential here though. My boy, a minecraft addict, saw the tech demo and just about lost his mind.

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2015, 00:34 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 23:48:
Don't hold your breath fellas. This is most likely vaporware. I'll believe it when I see it. Today Oxfam published a new report saying by the end of next year, the 88 richest people in the world will own over half the world's total wealth. The gap between rich and poor is growing - mostly on the poor side. Within the next 5 years most people will be worried about keeping a roof over their head and 3 squares a day. Not bullshit toys like this.

Well a bunch of tech journalists did get to play with it. Their first impressions are all over the internet. It's still in it's early stages but there are working prototypes. I think this is further along than you suspect.

It looks like it still needs to be miniaturized a great deal and the viewing angle could be a lot wider.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2015, 01:18.

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
15. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 22, 2015, 00:32 Bundy

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 23:34:
Just shows Nutella isn't getting it either.

Google stock? $520
Apple stock? $110
MS stock? $45.

It boggles the mind. It really does. This isn't rocket science. You've got 100 million potential customers for PC games alone. Never mind general office/work stuff. And they still think tying this Xbox scheisse to their OS is the way to go? Boggles the mind.

Cutter you still seem to be having trouble with how the stock market works. The price of the individual share is only half the equation for the total valuation of the company. And even then it's still a very simplistic view. MS stock is $45 but the company has something like 8 billion shares. Google's shares are $520 but they have far fewer shares than MS, the total valuation of the company is actually less. (385bn for MS vs 345bn for Google). Of course Apple still rules the roost with a valuation of 636 billion. It's dat iPhone!

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 21, 2015, 22:05 Bundy

Depends on how well it's implemented. What made the kinect difficult is you had to press buttons that weren't anywhere near your hands, so it resulted in a lot of slow movements trying manipulate the pointer to the right spot. With this the idea seems to be that you can press virtual buttons but virtually touching them right where you can see them.

If done right it would hopefully be intuitive and seamless. If not then yup, the whole thing comes crashing down. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Of course there are applications which don't require any button pressing. I'm thinking laser tag games where your "gun" (i.e. finger) shoots Star Wars esque laser blasts. I'm looking forward to seeing what AR and VR have done in a few years.

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
8. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 21, 2015, 22:00 Bundy

lol Slick, I'm half tempted to give u a "u mad bro?"

Yeah this feature seems kinda pointless. The only time I want to game on my Xbox but can't is because someone else is using it to game. I don't know why I'd want to do it on my PC or tablet. I dunno, maybe this will be useful to others. But not a feature that has me interested.

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 21, 2015, 20:25 Bundy

Lots of potential for this HoloLens.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare "Reverse Boosting" Bans
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Jan 19, 2015, 14:11 Bundy

I don't even understand what boosting and reverse boosting are? Someone explain?  

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
73. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 17, 2015, 01:11 Bundy

My point was even with the PS4's massive success, that couldn't offset the huge loses the company is taking. Simply because the console profit margins are so thin. So whether your console is incredibly successful like the PS4, or less so like the XB1, it's not effecting the bottom line of these companies a whole lot.

The embarrassing decade was with different management, maybe Nutella really digs King's Quest

71. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 21:47 Bundy

Lorcin wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:50:
Bundy wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:45:
None have survived it b/c their revenue depended on a console success. Microsoft can afford to fail more than twice and still be fine, they still have 80bn in revenue every year from their other departments.

That said, I really wish they'd throw way more resources into PC game development. Hopefully next week is the beginning of something.

Oh they can afford to fail twice just not in a row - and 3 times out of 4. Xbox was never a big profit earner. 360 did well. XBone is tanking. Next one sucks and it won't just be a huge management overhaul. They'll shut it down.

XBone is selling better than the X360. So compared to it it's doing just fine, but console hardware in general has razor thin margin's, always has, there's little money in it even if it does sell well, the point is to sell your games and services. Just look at the PS4. It's outsold the XBone every month before the price decrease and Sony's about to announce a 2 billion dollar loss this quarter.

It's worth it to MS to have a product in this category, even if it makes pennies compared to Office and Exchange. They're a services company. They want their services on your TV. Besides what good would it do to have them gone? Competition is good, it keeps Sony from being lazy.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2015, 21:59.

69. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 20:45 Bundy

Lorcin wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 20:36:
It's a long way off but I really hope Sony win the NEXT console war. They've won this one hands down and if MS fuck it again next time that will probably be the end of Xbox - no console manufacturer has survived two shitty consoles in a row.

Once they are forced to shut down the Xbox division I think Microsoft will throw all their resources and game studios behind PCs just to try and stop Sony monopolizing the market.

Weird to think the best thing I can do to help PC gaming is to subscribe to PS+ on my PS3 (give sony money to build a better next gen).

None have survived it b/c their revenue depended on a console success. Microsoft can afford to fail more than twice and still be fine, they still have 80bn in revenue every year from their other departments.

That said, I really wish they'd throw way more resources into PC game development. Hopefully next week is the beginning of something.

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
4. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 09:58 Bundy

InBlack wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 09:52:
Not a fan of that either, but its the way of the times. Everything is about the money, these days you wanna play you gotta pay...

Hasn't that always been the way?

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
13. Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback Jan 9, 2015, 14:08 Bundy

One thing that happened that wasn't mentioned here is someone on the forums found a listing where one of the billionaires was trying to sell his account. So initially with only a few people given all this money, they tried to let it slide. There's actually not a whole lot to do with your money in Elite once you buy all the ships and the best upgrades for each, so a billion might as well be a kajillion zillion.

Once it became obvious that they'd likely just try to sell them for real life money, they probably realized that they needed to actually fix this.

News Comments > Retail Broken Age Plans
9. Re: Retail Broken Age Plans Jan 7, 2015, 12:59 Bundy

Orogogus wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 12:50:
Bundy wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 12:37:
I couldn't disagree with you more regarding KQ5. Loved that game. Still do.

KQ5 to me is the epitome of clicking on random crap to get results. Throw a pie at the yeti because... I don't know, why? Why do you want to throw a boot at a one time-only event of a cat chasing the mouse? Because you can, that's why. Also, you won't be able to win the game. How do you get through the desert? Is there a map? No, you get through by saving and loading your way through. This was the kind of thing that struck me as particularly un-clever and unrewarding gameplay.

Both the pie and boot were pretty obvious solutions for me. Even my preteen self figured those out pretty quick, dunno. As for the desert. Yup. That was hard. You had to explore and have a number of save games. It was trial and error and a lot of dying. Not easy. And very frustrating. But more rewarding than the game giving you a map and pointing the way, I find. Those bloody elves in the haunted forest took me ages to puzzle out. That was another thing. Points of no return. If you didn't have the necessary items when you crossed the line, you were already dead and had no idea. Like I said, lots of saves. All the old sierra games had those. That was a big part of the challenge.

I think were just gonna have to remain enemies on this one. I'll be the evil side. I already have the Persian cat.

7. Re: Retail Broken Age Plans Jan 7, 2015, 12:37 Bundy

Orogogus wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 12:34:
Bundy wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 10:50:
Even the latter point and click games were far from easy. I challenge anyone to finish Kings Quest 3 remake without a walkthrough, in the single evening I finished Broken Age.

LucasArts games were usually easier than their Sierra counterparts. In my opinion their puzzles were less terrible (although almost any game in the genre boils down to trying to figure out what the designers were thinking), and most of their games didn't kill the player. Full Throttle in particular was a very short game, and Kings Quest 5 in particular a very terrible one (IMO).

EDIT: Re: Manhunter

I could never figure out how to get into the Empire State Building in Manhunter New York, and decades later someone made a Let's Play expounding on how terrible that puzzle was.

http://lparchive.org/Manhunter-New-York-and-San-Fransisco/Update%2013/

I couldn't disagree with you more regarding KQ5. Loved that game. Still do.

3. Re: Retail Broken Age Plans Jan 7, 2015, 10:50 Bundy

Even the latter point and click games were far from easy. I challenge anyone to finish Kings Quest 3 remake without a walkthrough, in the single evening I finished Broken Age.  

1. Re: Retail Broken Age Plans Jan 7, 2015, 09:54 Bundy

I didn't mind Act 1, can't believe how long they're taking to do Act 2. But my main gripe was the difficulty. Point and click adventure games have become stupid easy since the old King's Quest days.  

416 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo