Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bundy

Real Name Bundy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bundy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2007, 17:54
Total Comments 476 (Amateur)
User ID 44068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > HTC RE Vive VR Headsets Delayed
14. Re: HTC RE Vive VR Headsets Delayed Aug 28, 2015, 18:08 Bundy

TangledThorns wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 17:24:
I only suspect this has something to do with Half-Life 3.

HL3 CONFIRMED!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: G4 Makeover Coming? Aug 28, 2015, 11:19 Bundy

Probably. Vendors wanted X amount of dollars by a certain date for production. HTC couldn't afford to line it all up.  

3. Re: HTC RE Vive VR Headsets Delayed Aug 28, 2015, 09:57 Bundy

Exact same as Oculus. With the same refresh. They're probably buying from the same manufacturer.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 09:55 Bundy

I liked Prometheus! There. I said it! And I know I'm the only one in the world. That's ok.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Sells 6M
26. Re: The Witcher 3 Sells 6M Aug 27, 2015, 14:47 Bundy

InBlack wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 11:59:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 11:47:
And according to Forbes they development and marketed this game for $65 million US dollars.

6,000,000 x $60 = $360,000,000
$360,000,000 - $65,000,000 = $295,000,000 profit

I don't think it's anywhere near that amount as not all of the 60$ goes to CDPR but it's probably in the ballpark. Im glad. Let's hope they don't sell out like some of those other great RPG developers did. *cough* Bioware *cough*

I have a friend who's been at Bioware for ages, without getting into too much detail he told me that after the EA purchase everything changed. They're just another console dev now.

I've been playing a bit of Dragon Age but took a break and decided to try out Pillars of Eternity. AAA resources aside, the quality of gameplay is just night and day. Too bad Bioware can't make us a Baldur's Gate 3.

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
64. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 14:50 Bundy

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 14:27:
Phasenoise wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 14:06:
descender wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 13:32:
Actually the sky is purple

Let's go full derail mode... purple isn't actually a real color (monochromatic wavelength)! It only exists in your mind as the overlap between the blue and red spectrums.

Purple is every bit as "real" a color as any other. All wavelengths are by definition monochromatic as they describe a single color. And "purple" is a wavelength a touch larger than violet, a little over 400nm.

I think you're confusing the properties light itself with the additive color model used to reproduce a rainbow from fixed-color primaries.

I think he's going all Nietzsche and suggesting that "color" as a concept exists in our human mind, and since humans can only detect discrete RGB, then all color that isn't R xor G xor B is a pure product of our mind.

Distinction being physical reality vs human/perceived reality.

-scheherazade

Summary. Purple is a color. It's just not a color in the rainbow (that's voilet).

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Aug 24, 2015, 14:03 Bundy

I would think that Kotaku would be the exact target audience for MGS. I always found the games to be pure ridiculousness.  

News Comments > The 13th Doll: A Fan Game of The 7th Guest
4. Re: The 13th Doll: A Fan Game of The 7th Guest Aug 7, 2015, 09:52 Bundy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 23:15:
Shy Gypsy Slyly Shyly Tryst By My Crypt.

I could not for the life of me figure this one out, and back in the 90's with barely an internet, there was no way to get the solution. I ended up giving it to my aunt who's a scrabble buff. It took her about 10 minutes.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
22. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 14:59 Bundy

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 14:46:
Bundy wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 14:30:
Yeah they wanted to not let you turret. I prefer Star Citizen's method to this, personally. In ED they gimped your ship. In SC they didn't, but if you keep spinning too quickly your vision gets blurry and you lose consciousness. I don't care for the flight system in ED. Regardless of their reasons. Even the nimble ships feel like you're flying a freight train. Just wasn't fun.
I much prefer ED flight model to SC.
SC just makes me frustrated and it feels like I am controlling a freecam not a space ship.

Anyways we'll see what Chris Roberts does until release but if they keep the flight model the way it is I won't be playing SC at all. Elite is way better imo, to each their own.

Everyone has their own preferences. Mine are completely mirror to yours, I don't know if I'll ever play ED again b/c everytime I enter supercruise, or have to dogfight, I end up half turning around and watching a TV show behind me

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
20. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 14:30 Bundy

jdreyer wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 13:03:
InBlack wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 12:16:
Im not sure Im gonna be paying full price for this expansion if all it ends up being is the landing mini game from Mass Effect. Had some fun with Elite though when it came out, but yeah it kind of got old quite quickly for two reasons. First of all Im not the kind of guy who enjoys trading in space games and the combat while fun got old fast, as the mission types were really repetitive snooze fests. Secondly I disliked the really terrible artificially limited yaw speed, while the rest of the flight model was absolutely awesome I couldnt stomach this one huge glaring mistake.

As I understand it, the flight model is that way for 2 reasons:

1. The original game was that way I think

2. Desire to avoid "turret in space" syndrome.

It's a shame that they went back on their promise to allow offline single player, as I'm sure that would be one of the first mods out the door. It would be interesting to see how it played.

Yeah they wanted to not let you turret. I prefer Star Citizen's method to this, personally. In ED they gimped your ship. In SC they didn't, but if you keep spinning too quickly your vision gets blurry and you lose consciousness. I don't care for the flight system in ED. Regardless of their reasons. Even the nimble ships feel like you're flying a freight train. Just wasn't fun.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 4
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 4 Jul 24, 2015, 14:46 Bundy

There was something like 2 or 3 months between the first and second games. But I don't blame him one bit. The games were all a huge success. It's good to see an indie dev take a simply little niche idea and run it all the way in.

Gives the rest of us a little hope.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 9, 2015, 14:11 Bundy

Kajetan wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 11:14:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 11:01:
Derek has a less then stellar history in the older PC gaming community. I see why they let him have a voice, with his history with his own overreaching(at the time) space game. I will not listen to him however, his past is one he cannot run from, in my eyes.
Just look at his behaviour last week, when he turned up again on BluesNews after several years.

The discussion started very good, people were polite and i thought: "Ok, maybe he really has learned something. Lets hear him out." But then, very fast, there were his typical unprovoked attacks on people who had the impertinence of disagreeing with His Highness.

He was on here last week?

News Comments > The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna This Month
3. Re: The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna This Month Jul 9, 2015, 09:40 Bundy

This was a good game, I really enjoyed it.  

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
10. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 6, 2015, 18:59 Bundy

Kajetan wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 18:17:
Deathman29 wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 17:45:
Such a shame.
Why? Vulkan, the sucessor to OpenGL is based on Mantle. Source 2 will support Vulkan, others will follow. Because Direct3D is not the right choice for every dev and every plattform.

For PC gaming it's hard to argue a compelling reason to choose OpenGL over D3D. Unless you're trying to cross platform, obviously, as the case of Source 2. But for the most part with Windows, D3D will probably remain the API of choice. Remember the whole Unreal vs ID Tech showdown of the naughts. There was what, like 2 games that used ID Tech, and thousands using Unreal.

News Comments > Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC
11. Re: Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC Jul 1, 2015, 13:49 Bundy

NetHead wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 13:41:
Brumbek wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 13:30:
born2expire wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 10:45:
3.25million of perhaps the worst control ever in a PC game.
Hold up now...PC gaming means options. There is nothing wrong with being a PC gamer who uses a controller! Many games work better on controllers (brawlers, 2d platformers, Dark Souls).

So anyway, the controls are fine on PC...if you use a controller...which you should. When we already spend much money on PCs, spending $40 more for a controller isn't a big deal. Anyway, PC isn't about stubbornly using KB/M...it's about having the best of both worlds.

It's as if he doesn't see the irony in what he's saying, either that or trolling.

Oh with KB/M it's unplayable. So I am using a controller. And they're still a mess. Unless that's what it's like with console too. If that's the case, I don't know how anyone plays this game.

News Comments > Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC
6. Re: Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC Jul 1, 2015, 11:32 Bundy

Hopefully they'll start paying more attention to the PC after seeing these stats. The controls are the worst.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 19, 2015, 16:59 Bundy

]
quote="Julio"Jun 19, 2015, 16:30]
nin wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 09:22:
Nucas wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 04:17:
Julio wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 19:37:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 14:56:
Not sure why she's inspiring so much hate.

Nobody likes people who make false discrimination accusations. They're about as popular as false rape accusers.
christ, here we go..

Just throw them on ignore. No need to read that drivel.

Ignore everyone who doesn't agree with you, that way you're always right!

Pretty sure that's my wife's mantra.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2015, 14:13 Bundy

She gives me the creeps. Everytime I see one of these articles there's a picture of her smiling regardless of the context. Like she loses this huge lawsuit, her lawyers look all serious and she's there smiling away. Like she wants to eat your baby.

Gives me the willies.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
25. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 17, 2015, 14:43 Bundy

Well it certainly looks interesting. Like u all I'll remain skeptical for the time being. Elite Dangerous has a whole lot of galaxy too, but way too few things to do in it. Got boring pretty quick. I wanna see more of the gameplay, cause I can't imagine sightseeing will be enough for most of us.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 16, 2015, 09:54 Bundy

nin wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 08:58:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 04:18:
With how unique the architecture on the PS3 was compared to the pretty standard x86 hardware in the 360, I don't see the PS4 getting emulation of PS3-era games ever.

They'll continue to push their streaming service. which is unfortunate, as I'd much prefer local emulation (which I totally agree with you - w/o the chip, it's going to be extremely hard if not impossible).

I don't think the Xbox 360 was x86.

476 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo