Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mac
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 6, 2007, 16:05
Total Comments 129 (Novice)
User ID 44014

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players
28. Re: Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players Oct 30, 2014, 13:01 Mac

Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:07:
Mac wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:22:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 14:20:
Other then the increase to 30 people online there's nothing about online. All this nice new shiny stuff is single player, always shown as single player. What's getting implemented online is going to be the deciding factor for me. Otherwise I'll wait for the price to drop.

GTA in multiplayer have always been a car crash (literally) ... GTA is just about the SP ... only reason to play them!

Heh, I haven't played single player since online went, ahh, online... and from R* data the vast majority of people who play the game play multiplayer. You have obviously never even played the game yet feel the need to tell us how it is eh? Like another 'who shall remain nameless' twat who doesn't play games yet is now somehow a game critic.

Actually if you check out my PS3 profile Maccy-72 you will see that I have completed the SP game, and played a few hours of MP. But lets not let that get in the way of your assumptions shall we?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players
12. Re: Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players Oct 28, 2014, 15:22 Mac

Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 14:20:
Other then the increase to 30 people online there's nothing about online. All this nice new shiny stuff is single player, always shown as single player. What's getting implemented online is going to be the deciding factor for me. Otherwise I'll wait for the price to drop.

GTA in multiplayer have always been a car crash (literally) ... GTA is just about the SP ... only reason to play them!

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing
9. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing Jul 8, 2014, 13:36 Mac

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 13:01:
Multiboxing should be banned, plain and simple. It isn't a reasonable practice.

Why? Who does it harm now the AH has been closed down?

News Comments > Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch
9. Re: Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch Dec 3, 2013, 12:21 Mac

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 11:55:
Anyone do this and Marvel Heroes?

To me they are both good, I just see a lot a praise for this and not much for Marvel. Wonder why? Both are FTP ARPG's, so they fit the same pay model anywho.

Not really - the pay things in PoE are generally cosmetic, but Marvel Heroes is just a cash shop (I know you can get different char drops, but they are too rare and its all about taking your cash from you to play a mediocre ARPG) ... on the other hand PoE is good fun, and there is no need for you to buy anything if you prefer not to.

I like the PoE model - so I'm happy to give them some cash. Given the price of new chars and skins in Marvel - they can kiss my a$$!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 4 Ocean Size and Harpooning Explained
7. Re: Assassin's Creed 4 Ocean Size and Harpooning Explained Aug 6, 2013, 15:08 Mac

Xil wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 13:58:
I really enjoyed AC1, more then enough to buy AC2, found the whole story line just great if not brilliant, wanted to play more to learn/uncover more. So with that in mind AC3 was a must buy but the whole story did not really grab me that much and now I am looking at AC4 and thinking naaaa probably not.....

Same for me - the Italian buildings were fantastic to scale up and look down on the rest of the city. The more open world AC3 just didn't do it for me. In fact I got the season pass cheap and i'm still to get around to finish it ...

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
25. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 14:12 Mac

Jivaro wrote on May 3, 2013, 12:27:
I think very nearly everyone feels like they were disingenuous. I am just not sure that constitutes as illegal. I will follow this with some interest, but I am not sure anger and some sort of misguided sense of revenge is a legitimate reason to hope a lawsuit succeeds. I don't want video game companies to stop making preview videos and releasing demos because of liability. Regulation has a way of doing that. Companies don't necessarily always conform to regulation, they just stop doing whatever it is that is being regulated unless it is necessary. It isn't like a lot of marketing and hype doesn't already get thrown out there without actually showing any gameplay.

Even if this lawsuit is successful it will not stop dev teams posting alpha/beta videos of their game. The difference with Aliens: Colonial Marines is that they posted videos of a different game and claimed them to be in game footage - when the changes to the game were made, they "forgot" to tell anyone to ignore what they had seen to date and decided to trade off a lie!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Season Pass Details
11. Re: Assassin's Creed III Season Pass Details Oct 4, 2012, 14:24 Mac

I guess i'll pick it up when they finish it then ... should be a lot cheaper that way too ...

Good luck with that business model Ubi ...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3 DLC
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3 DLC Aug 10, 2012, 09:13 Mac

peteham wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 07:03:
Bought this in the Steam sale and so far I'm absolutely hating it (the single-player, haven't tested the MP and don't intend to). Aside from the annoyance of having to sign into RSC, there's the slightly janky controls. Cutscene interruptions at a ridiculous rate. Cutscenes that often place you in a less than advantageous position when they end. Cutscenes that change your armament. And the glorious steam integration where pulling up the overlay to chat with your friends simultaneously drains your bullet time (shift) and uses up your painkillers (tab), instead of auto-pausing. The cover system feels weird too.

I'm just not having any fun playing this (up to chapter 5), and so I haven't even launched in more than a week. Think it's going to join LA Noire on the grand small shelf of games I never bothered finishing.

It should be mentioned I never liked the first one either, and so skipped the 2nd installment of the series. Just not my type of shooter.

So, can I mark you up as a maybe for buying the DLC?

hehe

News Comments > Vanguard Goes F2P Next Week
16. Re: Vanguard Goes F2P Next Week Aug 6, 2012, 04:17 Mac

It was a horrible broken mess upon release which resulted in people playing (or trying to) it for the first 30 days then dumping it hard as it was so broken.

By the time the dev team made it into a very playable and enjoyable game people had already been tarnished by it.

Why do MMOs still continue to release before they are ready? - the MMO crowd isn't patient at all, and given the examples shown by Horizons, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Star Wars:TOR, etc if you blow your first chance it is nay on impossible to recover. You would think they would learn ...

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
18. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 3, 2012, 13:53 Mac

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 13:16:
Not ready for prime time - still buggy as hell. Not nearly enough content to justify a client fee and a monthly fee - not even close. Ambiance is nice but that's about it. Catastrophic failure imminent.

Sounds like the Funcom model - just see Age of Conan. It's still some 4 years + on missing features promised for launch ... pretty fundamental ones too (working sieges)

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
15. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 3, 2012, 13:14 Mac

deqer wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 13:00:
The market for MMOs is becoming saturated. We now have--what--20 MMOs now? ...

Try a again ... there are a LOT more than 20 .... http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

News Comments > Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans
8. Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Apr 1, 2012, 04:53 Mac

Prez wrote on Mar 31, 2012, 22:46:
Jesus tap-dancing Christ... 6 to 8 months for a "minimalist alpha release? I also have a different interpretation of what "not far off" means - it sure isn't 6 to 8 months, especially when after all this time they're not even close to pre-alpha stage. As exciting as the prospect of a spiritual successor to Titan Quest is, there's really no point in me following this anymore; at this rate we'll be waiting another 4 years at the bare minimum. I'll start caring again when we at least know the friggin' year the game's coming out.

I'm sure you're positive upbeat persona will be missed ...

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs
46. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 16, 2012, 04:19 Mac

Illumin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 23:46:
This is just so wrong. Fallout New Vegas was/ is a great game 1 point doesn't stop anyone from buying a game especially if its in the 80+ range. Meta critic isn't the best source of info either.

Why is it wrong - they signed up to a contract with a set target to achieve. they didn't achieve it so do not get anything. This is the way contracts work.

Could you imagine the chaos is all contracts worked on the "close enough theory"?

They should have negotiated for a bonus at 80%+ if it was that important to them.

News Comments > Trine 2 This Week
9. Re: Trine 2 This Week Dec 6, 2011, 03:50 Mac

Strange release date given that we all know that it will be at least half price in less than a month in the Steam Sale ... ah well, it gives me time to finish the first one.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Preorder Bonus Map
1. Re: Max Payne 3 Preorder Bonus Map Nov 23, 2011, 12:34 Mac

Dumb DLC ... why split the community up by limiting access to a MP map from launch?  

News Comments > PC Call of Duty Elite Free, Delayed
1. Re: PC Call of Duty Elite Free, Delayed Nov 4, 2011, 11:55 Mac

We’re as committed as ever to the PC
So, not at all then ...

The issue here is that the PC is an insecure platform. Without a central, trusted resource for stats, a lot of our competition features become unfair. We can’t give away prizes when people can easily cheat their stats. Leaderboards are less fun when a lot of the users are there unfairly.
So there will not be any hacks or cheats on the 360 or PS3 ... yeah right !

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
66. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 17:04 Mac

Teddy wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 15:39:
Mac wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 15:30:
EA must be racist ... what other reason is there to delay the launch until Friday in the UK?

Congratulations. You won the most retarded post of the day award.

Congratulations, I'm glad that the operation to remove your sense of humour via your arse was such a success.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 15:30 Mac

EA must be racist ... what other reason is there to delay the launch until Friday in the UK?  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week
13. Re: Orcs Must Die! DLC Next Week Oct 21, 2011, 13:28 Mac

Interesting when a dev lies to the community - there is a post on the Steam forum just before release, when someone asked if there was any DLC planned, and wanted to avoid it if it was going to be like Sanctum - to which a Dev posted saying that there were no plans for any DLC at this moment in time and they would not be doing a Sanctum ...

Liar Liar Your Bum Is On Fire ...

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Patch Sep 24, 2011, 16:30 Mac

Just buy it from shopto.com digital download - ~£22, so much cheaper than Steam, and they just send you a CD key you plug into steam and download it through there  

129 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo