Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Todd

Real Name Todd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Caladell
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 25, 2007, 00:55
Total Comments 180 (Novice)
User ID 43791

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 11:53 Caladell

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 10:25:
Can anyone who bought this and has a vidcard with only 1gb of vram chime in on the performance? I'm waiting for the next revision of maxwell to come out (980gtx ti or whatever they'll call it) before upgrading my super ancient insanely overclocked 460gtx SLI setup (which really still handles everything just fine).

I'm on the fence if i should just wait to grab this and the card at the same time like 6-8 months down the road or just buy GTA5 now. Part of me thinks if i get it now, i might spoil the experience with lower textures.

I've got a pretty sub par system here. I've got a Radeon HD 6850 1gb, and honestly, it runs quite nice. It originally set the resolution to 800*600 for me, but I turned it up to 1366*768. Everything is set to normal/off. Sure, it doesn't look super fancy, but it runs well.
With this game, and the upcoming Witcher 3, I definitely need a new card though. Just trying to figure out the best card for the money. Currently looking at an R9 270x.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 19, 2015, 23:53 Caladell

I'm getting quite frustrated with GTA Online. It always freezes after each mission. First time it happened, the game wouldn't launch afterwards. Not even single player. Had to restart my computer, then it would work again. Did a mission, freeze. Ugh.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
66. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 23:08 Caladell

siapnar wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 22:56:
After all the pains I went through to get this working, it is well fucking worth it. Game is unbelievably good. Attention to detail is what astounds me.
How do they even optimize a game like this? Crazy
Caladell wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 20:13:
I can't even get the thing to run. Well, it starts up, and I can go through all the settings and such, but I can't actually play. Start the story mode, and it just sits there loading forever. At one point last night, I let it sit there for over an hour, and it still never loaded.
Trying various things again today, but so far, no luck.

[edit] Also, how do you go about playing online? Do you have to play the story for a bit? I see no option for online.

Try this solution

Went through that, and 2 of the files didn't match. Deleted em, did a repair, launcher redownloaded them. Now, however, I'm getting err_gfx_d3d_init. Trying to figure that one out, but it's looking like a reinstall. Ugh. So damn frustrating.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
59. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 20:13 Caladell

I can't even get the thing to run. Well, it starts up, and I can go through all the settings and such, but I can't actually play. Start the story mode, and it just sits there loading forever. At one point last night, I let it sit there for over an hour, and it still never loaded.
Trying various things again today, but so far, no luck.

[edit] Also, how do you go about playing online? Do you have to play the story for a bit? I see no option for online.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2015, 20:21.

News Comments > Free Elder Scrolls Online Weekend for Beta Players
9. Re: Free Elder Scrolls Online Weekend for Beta Players Apr 8, 2015, 21:31 Caladell

It's a buy to play now. No more sub, just a one time purchase. I'll probably check this out, as when I played it in the beta, I thought it was interesting. Did NOT want a sub though. But now? I may just snag it. I'll see after the weekend.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Next Month
7. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Next Month Apr 8, 2015, 21:22 Caladell

Spectral, go for it. That is a really good price. New Order was a fantastic game. Pretty excited for this one.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2015, 01:38 Caladell

Jerykk wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 00:30:
Nuuvem is selling GTAV for a little under $30. RSC-key only, no Steam.

Tempting, but what about region lock? Anyone every buy from them?

News Comments > Singularity Revival Teased
5. Re: Singularity Revival Teased Mar 23, 2015, 20:31 Caladell

Fantastic! When I first went to play it, I didn't make it far. Wasn't bad, I just wasn't into it. Months later, I decided to try again, and played all the way through. Wasn't amazing, but was a really fun experience. I also played all 3 endings. I'm glad they're doing another one.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 4, 2015, 21:20 Caladell

Cutter wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 20:42:
1badmf wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 19:51:
is it just me or are these avengers films FUCKING TERRIBLE?!?!

They are. And really? Black Widder and Hawkeye? Who's powers consist of fighting and a bow and arrows? There's easily 100 other Marvel heroes that are 1,000,000 times better. Submariner, Vision, Wonder Man, et al.
Vision is at the end of the trailer. Pretty stoked about his inclusion.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 27, 2015, 19:16 Caladell

Introducing the new White and Gold Dualshock 4.

Ha!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
52. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 17:49 Caladell

BobBob wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 17:25:
Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 16:58:

Do not try to determine the color of the dress. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no dress...

Heh...

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 10:18 Caladell

That was weird. When I first saw the picture, I saw it as White & Gold. Then when I scrolled down to the vote area, and clicked on the start button, it appeared Blue & Black to me. Now it only appears Blue & Black. Either in the vote box image, or the main image. My son only sees it as White & Gold.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 21, 2015, 19:20 Caladell

beremot wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 18:50:
Never had a facebook page. Never wanted one. I made up a facebook identity once... you may know ... " and it was the name of a friend's father. So they managed to cross reference me somehow. Kinda creepy.
Anyway, fuck facebook. Never saw a reason to use it when it started and I definitely see no reason to use it now.

I have something somewhat similar, at least in the creepiness factor. A few years ago my wife's friends kept bugging her to sign up, so she finally started working on it. I figured I'd go ahead and make one too, just as some kind of moral support. Anyway, signed up, clicked the verification link, then logged in to my wall. Already had quite a few 'you may know' possibilities, and seriously, less than a minute in, I had a post from my uncle saying hey, didn't know you were on here. I was just thinking WTF! How'd you find me so fast? Just friggin weird.
I never use it though. I've made one post in the last 2 or 3 years since I made it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 16, 2015, 21:39 Caladell

Yeah, it does seem familiar...  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking
12. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking Feb 6, 2015, 16:50 Caladell

Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 13:33:
This sounds more like something that exists solely to benefit publishers so they can data-mine what people are looking at and use it for sales later on. I see zero point to this - especially at $200. $200 are you effing kidding me? What's next anus tracking? See how many times your average gamer clenches his anus over the course of a play session?

Amnesia dev: "Anal clenching was down in Amnesia 2. We're really going to have to ramp things up for #3"

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2015, 20:59 Caladell

Caladell
It would take you...
7236 continuous hours
301 days,12 hours,37 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library
IN THIS TIME YOU COULD...
Swim across the English Channel 332 times

Eesh. Never gonna happen. And that's just Steam games. Not to mention everything else I have on Origin/Uplay/GoG/disks.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2015, 14:48 Caladell

Question that has nothing to do with any of this.
What was the script that someone posted here for DA:I? It was an autohotkey script where you click, and it basically turned on autoattack. Then click again to turn it off. Tried searching for it, but cannot find it. Google didn't help either. Just found one for turning on/off mouselook.
Thanks in advance.

News Comments > The Repopulation Early Access
5. Re: The Repopulation Early Access Dec 23, 2014, 09:03 Caladell

Terrible music and voiceover, but the game looks like it may be interesting. Hard to say though, cause something like that NEEDS players, and I'm not sure if they'll get 'em.  

News Comments > ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY
3. Re: ROTT TTURNS TTWENTTY Dec 22, 2014, 10:22 Caladell

Nice title Blue...

I picked up the remake a while back, and really did not enjoy it at all. Controls, mouse movement, it just felt off. Is it worth picking up the original?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 9, 2014, 23:46 Caladell

NotOneOfUs wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 20:39:
If it's a May launch, why is it in April?

Should read, "[It] May launch in April"

180 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo