Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Todd

Real Name Todd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Caladell
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 25, 2007, 00:55
Total Comments 200 (Novice)
User ID 43791

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. SC Gillian Jan 23, 2016, 10:21 Caladell

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 23, 2016, 09:41:
I'm an old fart but I've never had an interest in Gillian Anderson during her heyday. Agent Scully did absolutely nothing for me. Totally unsexy. Zero sex appeal. No thanks. Pass.
But today (or for a few years already actually) I find her fairly attractive. She's one of those rare specimen of the female gender who has actually become more attractive with age.

Old Gillian = meh
New Gillian = fapping material

Seen her in the show 'The Fall'? Damn!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2016, 21:06 Caladell

JayDeath wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 18:49:
I really want Satellite Reign. For $10, I'm willing to take the gamble but I don't want another game that I'm not gonna play. Has anyone played this? Does it play anything like the original syndicate? I might just buy it anyway. It looks awesome.

I grabbed it, and have only put about an hour into it so far. It does seem pretty good, although I'm not too far past the tutorial stage. It does feel like an updated Syndicate, but again, I haven't gotten real deep into it, so I haven't experienced how the whole game works.

News Comments > New Brutal Doom
1. Re: New Brutal Doom Jan 2, 2016, 12:18 Caladell

Played a little bit last night, and it's pretty damn awesome.  

News Comments > UnderRail Released
3. Re: UnderRail Released Dec 18, 2015, 20:25 Caladell

I'm finally going to play this. Bought the alpha on Desura...I don't know how many years ago. Tried a couple times as updates came in, but didn't want to play much until it was final.
Now I'm going to check it out. Hope it was worth the wait.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 6, 2015, 21:39 Caladell

Exactly. Absolute bullshit. Years ago I worked in a grocery store, and a brand of wine came in with the brandname Housewife. So the wine steward put up a bunch of banners and signs that he got with the wine. One of the employees complained because it was 'degrading'.
Since the name is housewife, all the ads were women doing household things. Washing dishes, cooking dinner, etc.
Everyone else had no problem with it. Just the one. Shit like that, and this, just irritate the hell out of me. People are just too damn high strung.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 3, 2015, 20:19 Caladell

Wow. Looks pretty cool.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies
15. Re: Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies Oct 24, 2015, 00:27 Caladell

Jerykk wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 23:02:
Cutter wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 19:53:
Given what a disappointment the game was they won't see sales like that again. And it's PoE, Path of Exile is PoEx.

Hmm... a quick glance at Metacritic shows a critic average of 89 and a user average of 8.4. On Steam, almost 5000 people gave PoE a positive review, with the overall rating being "Very Positive." Given these facts, I fail to see how PoE is a disappointment.

On a more relevant note, these numbers seem low. According to SteamSpy, there are about 550k owners on Steam alone. Throw in GOG and I'd expect total sales to be at least 600k.

Could be that they only counted true sales, and not backer redeemed copies.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 18, 2015, 21:50 Caladell

Techie714 wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 18:55:
Not on the list but I've been playing another pass on "Wasteland 2: Directors Cut" and man what an amazing game. They really added some great features & the graphics look better too. Enjoying it immensely!

Yeah, I just started it up too. Having a good time, but it keeps crashing on me, which is friggin annoying.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2015, 19:45 Caladell

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 10:34:
More Daredevil! \o/

Yep, pretty sweet. I really enjoyed season one. Was pretty bummed when it was over. Have to wait until April though...ugh.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 19:16 Caladell

Happy Birthday!
I haven't been coming here for the full duration, but probably pretty darn near it.
You thank us, but we also thank you

News Comments > Titanfall Passes 10M [Updated]
5. Re: Titanfall Passes 10M Sales Oct 3, 2015, 12:55 Caladell

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 12:48:
I'm sure it is, which is why he neglected to mention anything else along with the figure. What's the deal with that, by the way? Is there a free trial or can a bunch of people sign in on the same console or what?

It's been on Origin's free weekend thingie a few times.

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
20. Re: Amnesia Free on Steam Sep 15, 2015, 22:36 Caladell

I really enjoyed Amnesia. Well, what I played of it anyway.
I made it a little past a part where you're in the flooded basement or something, and you have to jump crate to crate because...well. If you've played it, you know.
That part scared the bejeezus out of me. Afterwards I realized I was breathing heavy and my heart was pounding. I had never had a game scare me like that before.
I stopped not because of the scariness, but because I had taken a leave of absence from it for a while, and had no idea what I was doing or supposed to do once I returned to it. Just got frustrated wandering the same few rooms over and over.
Anyway, I am looking forward to SOMA. Maybe I'll actually get through it.

News Comments > Runic Announces Hob
10. Re: Runic Announces Hob Aug 17, 2015, 23:11 Caladell

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 22:52:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 19:31:
If successful, follow up will be called "Cal." It will be shorter than Hob, but more prone to ruminating on the meaning of life and insulting gross girls.

Does it include a cardboard box that turns you into a spaceman or dinosaur?

No no. Clones

News Comments > Otherland Early Access This Month
3. Re: Otherland Early Access This Month Aug 14, 2015, 20:45 Caladell

The Otherland series was awesome. I enjoyed it much more than his Memory series.
As for the game, eh, I dunno.

News Comments > Prison Architect Breaks Out in October
19. Re: Prison Architect Breaks Out in October Jul 31, 2015, 00:57 Caladell

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 11:47:
would love a good in game tutorial as I haven't touched this in over a year

There's one in now. I picked up the game a couple months ago, and it had a full on tutorial with a story.
Like others have said, I started playing 'just to check it out', and played it the entire friggin day. Haven't touched it since though, as I've been waiting for it to be finished. Really good game. Crazy amount of detail, and just so many things you can do.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 18, 2015, 16:08 Caladell

Does sound interesting really. Maybe I just never got into the meat of the game.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 18, 2015, 00:33 Caladell

Amazing. I really don't understand how people are going nuts over this. I heard good things about the first one, and had picked it up. I tried to get into it, but I pretty much hated it. Some of the worst voice acting I've heard, and gameplay that felt pointless.
But! It's good that people who've been clamoring for a new one for years are able to get another one. I'll never understand the appeal though.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jun 30, 2015, 02:00 Caladell

Happens to me on occasion. Just click the 'new blue' button in customize, and it'll be back to normal. Unless, of course, you go with the retro colors.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
9. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 14, 2015, 23:42 Caladell

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the pc talking, nor that dialog system. Rest of it looks friggin awesome though.
Also bummed that Shelter is iOS only. Looked like an interesting little game.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 12, 2015, 19:14 Caladell

New Symphony of the Night style game, by the designer of SOTN:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

Apologies if this has already been posted. I just saw it today

200 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo