Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1248 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2013, 06:32 Fibrocyte

Flatline wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 01:11:
Contagion looks promising but probably needs some more cooking time.

It's an interesting concept but not a recommended buy at this time. You start each round as a human with a gun and you and your team of other players have objectives to complete. There are, of course, zombies between you and your objectives. Once you get killed by a zombie you become a zombie until the humans either win or are all converted.

The biggest issue I have with the game right now is that the maps are big (which is fine) but once you become a zombie it can be damn near impossible to find the humans. Either the map is just too damn big and you're unlucky -OR- you are completely blocked off by the map to get to them (sounds weird, I know). Anyway, you basically either wait 20 minutes once you become a zombie or you switch servers. Out of 5 games I think I found the humans once.

I'll gift you a copy if you'd like to trade for anything on my wishlist -- I've got one available.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 16:54 Fibrocyte

beaves wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 15:25
uicksave f5 quickload f6[/quote:

That's... hilarious!

News Comments > On Sale
25. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 21:07 Fibrocyte

Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 20:31:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 20:17:
Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:47:
Incidentally, at $12 with coupon, that makes it lowest ever for the lego marvel game.

Where has Dev been?
Hey, thanks for noticing

Been busy with life stuff. I still often read blues, I just can't always find the time to read the comments (yes I generally read all of them in a thread when I'm interested in responding) and respond.

You typically don't complain when you make comments and you come across as intelligent. That's why I noticed your absence (or reduction in post frequency).

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 20:59 Fibrocyte

Jerykk wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 20:43:
Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:16:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 17:48:
Krovven wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 14:33:
XCom EW $15, Lego Marvel Superheroes $12, Wolf Among Us $16.75, Sleeping Dogs $5, FarCry 3 $7.50...cheapest any of them have been, a couple have been this price before.

That's just a sampling. People complaining that sale prices aren't good enough, are idiots. I need to stop viewing Cutters posts to see what people are responding to, when I have him ignored for a reason.

Nothing you want, that you don't already have? First world problems.

Agreed. The lack of objectivity some people display is astounding. The quality of a sale is determined by both the extent of its discounts and the amount of unprecedented discounts. There have been plenty of both in these holiday sales across all sites.

If you're agreeing with that tool than you're just as bad as he is. How dumb are you? This is entirely about personal tastes and personal ideas about what constitute value, and those are subjective.

If you believe that the entire world revolves around you, then sure. However, it is possible to have an opinion that isn't exclusively informed by your own narrow viewpoint and bias. Opinions should be informed by logic and reason. For example, I haven't bought much in these sales because I already had most of what I want. However, I'm able to recognize that a lot of these games have never been this cheap before and that many games, regardless of my interest in them, have been discounted for the very first time during these sales. As such, it's unreasonable to claim that these sales have been worthless when these quantifiable factors are taken into consideration.

There is no point in trying to use logic with Cutter. He lacks the capacity to grasp anything you just wrote.

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 20:17 Fibrocyte

Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:47:
Incidentally, at $12 with coupon, that makes it lowest ever for the lego marvel game.

Where has Dev been?

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 19:32 Fibrocyte

Jerykk wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:11:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 18:00:
XCom EW $15, Lego Marvel Superheroes $12, Wolf Among Us $16.75, Sleeping Dogs $5, FarCry 3 $7.50...cheapest any of them have been, a couple have been this price before.

That's just a sampling. People complaining that sale prices aren't good enough, are idiots. I need to stop viewing Cutters posts to see what people are responding to, when I have him ignored for a reason.

I want to try Lego Marvel but I'm waiting for it to go 50% off or better.

GMG is selling it for 50% off

Awesome, thanks! I just used voucher "GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49" on it and got an additional 20% off.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 18:00 Fibrocyte

I want to try Lego Marvel but I'm waiting for it to go 50% off or better.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 20, 2013, 16:08 Fibrocyte

FFXIV is a surprisingly good MMO. Too bad FFXIII isn't on sale.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 20, 2013, 15:08 Fibrocyte

WaltC wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 15:03:
Hobeaux wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 10:08:
actually, yes. I've read several articles over the years that the Mac hardware runs Windows better than many/most/all (depending on the year) PC hardware. There are a couple of options, such as VMWare or Parallels, so one could have Windows running in a VM inside the OS Xóbut Apple provides a solution called Boot Camp that allows a user to choose OS X or Windows at boot so you get the full native experience.

That said, it's not a guarantee that Windows will understand some of the hardware components, so YMMV.

You've been reading far too many Mac-oriented publications...;) I suggest you broaden your horizons and get away from Apple for a couple of years--if you ever want to learn anything besides Mac propaganda, that is. First of all, Macs, including this hideous monstrosity (looks like a spittoon from the top and a coffee-maker from the side)use the very same hardware you find in PCs--it's called x86 Intel. Bus standards, hard drives--the works--it is all 100% Intel bog standard off-the-shelf.

The major difference is that Macs--those few that can be called desktops, that is--support only a fraction of the hardware Windows supports. Windows, btw, runs natively on the Mac--it is not an emulation--it runs just as natively on a Mac as OS X. Bootcamp simply automates the Windows install process since the great majority of Mac owners are clueless when it comes to setting up systems that dual boot between two OSes.

But, yea, you can run Windows natively to get the real experience of a personal computer--which means that all that Windows software that is published which doesn't support OS X (a lot!) can be accessed and enjoyed by Mac users, too--provided they've installed Windows. If you want to run Windows, though--best not buy a Mac at all, frankly. Like someone said earlier, Bootcamp hardware drivers (which have to be supplied by Apple) are generally not up to par. WIndows supports at least 10x the amount of hardware that Apple supports in OS X and builds into its Macs. IE, buy a Mac and your choices of hardware are severely diminished.

It's posts like yours that let me know that the RDF is still powerful and thriving in Apple land...;) Keep it up, though--always amusing to read stuff like this.

Ouuuuch!

News Comments > Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed
6. Re: Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed Dec 20, 2013, 12:58 Fibrocyte

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 12:48:
It's fun, but it's designed to suck your wallet dry rather than be a long lasting game. You can play for free all you want, but you will lose to anybody that spent money on cards. Kind of like Magic the Gathering. Which is why I quit that game a year after it started.

Is Scrolls pay-to-win? I guess I need to research it a bit...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 20, 2013, 09:47 Fibrocyte

That Mac Pro looks slick. Can it run Windows well?  

News Comments > Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed
1. Re: Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed Dec 20, 2013, 09:44 Fibrocyte

Dammit I want to play this... or scrolls. I've spent enough $ on games this year.  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
20. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2013, 06:01 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 22:07:
Never buy a broad jewellery. Enh, nothing good out of the gate so far on any of the sites. Let's hope it gets better.

Unless you're competent. Then you can buy a "broad" jewelry.

News Comments > Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners
8. Re: Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners Dec 19, 2013, 16:23 Fibrocyte

Wetworks wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 15:39:
I bought Scrolls when it first came out but it wasn't worth it to me to keep playing it. For some unforgivable reason Scrolls doesn't work with Avast antivirus. I have to disable Avast just to play Scrolls, even after all these months the problem hasn't been fixed yet.

Doesn't really matter, I'm having so much fun in Hearthstone that I doubt I'll ever go back to playing Scrolls.

I suspect I'll like Hearthstone more, too. But in the meantime Scrolls might hold me over.

News Comments > Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners
4. Re: Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners Dec 19, 2013, 14:36 Fibrocyte

This was nice of Mojang. As with Half-Elf, I'd love to jump into this game if anyone has a spare key they don't need.  

News Comments > DayZ Character Wipes
5. Re: DayZ Character Wipes Dec 19, 2013, 14:34 Fibrocyte

Darks wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 10:14:
The forums were alive with people complaining about the game. Most were saying the mod is better. I personally donít care for this kind of game because of all the player killing that goes on. It get to out of hand with people who like the camp and are being asshats about it.

PVP is a huge (intentional) factor in this game. You should expect the worst from most people you run across.

However, spawn camping is nonsense and you have the option to switch servers when that happens.

News Comments > Rise of the Wang
8. Re: Rise of the Wang Dec 19, 2013, 06:47 Fibrocyte

harlock wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 23:51:
its all in the reflexes

+1 for BTLC reference.

News Comments > DayZ Sales Soar
27. Re: DayZ Sales Soar Dec 18, 2013, 16:26 Fibrocyte

Fly wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:39:
Incredible game. There's just nothing like it and the scope will be enormous. Will take time, but will be worth every step of the way.

...So I was looting some town in the dark of night, far North of Elektro. The wind rustling through the bushes beneath the trees. Faint sounds of wildlife stirred my nerves under the moonlight. The sound of my footsteps upon the wooden floor, creaking ever too loudly.
I crept out from a shanty town house and nearly fell out of my chair. The screams of zombies beyond the door shattered my nerves. Through the window, I could have swore I seen a survivor. Their flashlight beam reflecting off the wall. Much like my blood as the zombies tore at my skin. Unconscious, I became. Respawn.

Aaaaand... sold! I'll give it a go.

15. Re: DayZ Sales Soar Dec 18, 2013, 10:54 Fibrocyte

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 10:11:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 05:22:
This or RUST? I'm not buying either right now but I suspect I'll eventually own RUST.

I'd throw 7 Days to Die as well. Which will be The One?

I already backed 7days2die. I'm just waiting for release instead of jumping into it early.

12. Re: DayZ Sales Soar Dec 18, 2013, 05:22 Fibrocyte

This or RUST? I'm not buying either right now but I suspect I'll eventually own RUST.  

1248 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo