Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1209 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released
6. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 26, 2011, 06:13 Fibrocyte

Kythlyn wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 19:07:
A bit disappointed that there are no new stages in this pack.

Agreed. I'm... not buying DLC that doesn't include more maps.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released
5. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 26, 2011, 06:12 Fibrocyte

Dev wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 23:45:
Dungeon Defenders lets you remap the keys... And its been that way since release

Trendynet disconnects you every 5 minutes... And its been that way since release

News Comments > Skyrim Specs
39. Re: Skyrim Specs Oct 26, 2011, 06:00 Fibrocyte

I predict this game will be far shorter than desired.

6GB, even compressed, can't make for a very large world. Either that or it is going to be very linear so it is less of a 'world' and more of a 'hiking trail with quests'.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced
40. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 05:31 Fibrocyte

Looks good to me.  

News Comments > Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass
23. Re: Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass Oct 22, 2011, 05:21 Fibrocyte

Boston wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 23:18:
I don't have WoW and its expansions, so that's additional $80... $236 if I want to take advantage of this offer right now. Wow, no thanks.

Damn! They almost had you fooled, too.

Anyway, this is a solid deal if you play WoW. And they're not sweating SWTOR - I can't imagine that game being good.

News Comments > New Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC
1. Re: New Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Oct 20, 2011, 11:10 Fibrocyte

Is this game any good? I haven't played any of the series.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link Oct 19, 2011, 08:20 Fibrocyte

I would rate DX:HR as an average game. It was entertaining but I'm disappointed by the fact that I paid full price for it.

I'll grab the DLC when it is way cheaper.

News Comments > Project Zomboid Code Theft
35. Re: Project Zomboid Code Theft Oct 17, 2011, 11:34 Fibrocyte

Ventura wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 09:05:
This is certainly a case where you need to set aside your pride and say "now that I think about it you guys are right".

Best of luck with that.

Granted, there are levels of backing stuff up. The more important it is, the greater the steps you should take. While I obviously wasn't going to be setting aside an off-site location for what was just a freeware mod, I still cared enough to copy it to something that would be with me during the day, just on the off-chance my home was burgled.

Not quite the same thing atall, considering they lost their source where I'd still have had a backup of mine, but you're welcome to go with whatever floats your boat.

So you your data doesn't fall under "important" which was my requirement for an off-site backup.

News Comments > Project Zomboid Code Theft
33. Re: Project Zomboid Code Theft Oct 17, 2011, 08:41 Fibrocyte

Ventura wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 06:16:
Sounds like you were doing the EXACT thing they did

Except for my taking my laptop with me, you mean? Way to miss the point.

I'm not as concerned during the weekend, because there's usually always someone here, but thanks for your concern.

I get what you're saying, but you did the same thing these bozos did. If you have important IP or data that you don't want to lose then it needs to be backed up to an off-site silo.

This is certainly a case where you need to set aside your pride and say "now that I think about it you guys are right".

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Unveiled
14. Re: Shadowrun Online Unveiled Oct 13, 2011, 14:50 Fibrocyte

I have high hopes for this because I love Shadowrun. I'll reserve judgment until I've actually played the game.  

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI & Patch Now Available
4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI & Patch Now Available Oct 13, 2011, 14:49 Fibrocyte

I decided to buy King's Bounty to satiate my turn-based RPG. I'm going to wait for this to come down in price.

King's Bounty is fun and certainly not easy. I wish the quest system was done a little better - if you get too many quests it may be hard to figure out where to go as the text doesn't always tell you.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die!
15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! Oct 11, 2011, 18:02 Fibrocyte

I played the demo of this and really enjoyed it. However:

1. It seemed very easy. The devs said that at level 4 it starts to get challenging (the demo only goes to level 3).

2. It seems like it will be very short. It took me only a few minutes to beat the first 3 levels and there are only 24 total. I can't imagine it having a high level of replayability, unfortunately.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map
14. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map Oct 11, 2011, 06:14 Fibrocyte

yuastnav wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 05:28:
InBlack wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 03:56:
I dont get all of this streamlining, no stats??? Seriously??

JEsus this isnt an action game like Diablo3, its an CRPG. Stats matter. FFS they are the ONLY thing that keeps me interested to keep on playing. Because aside from a few more interesting quests, "go there kill 20 wolves" doesnt really interest me. I want to build the uber hero kick-ass mofo and I need customization to be able to do that.

Here is an appeal to all of you who are thinking about buying/preordering the game on day 1. If you like old-school RPGS that actually have depth. Please dont. Vote with your wallet, guys. Lets actually see if this game is actually a real RPG, before buying.

Worried

Yeah but - I can only actually see that if I really play the game. Sure, I could wait for reviews but I'm kinda psyched, hence the pre-order
Oblivion or Morrowind were, just like Gothic, never real RPGs for me anyway. If I want to play a real RPG I'll fire up Fallout 2 or something like that, Oblivion is more of an action-adventure with RPG elements.
So I'm looking forward to the game though it looks like I won't have much time to play.

Agreed. I'm playing BG-II (just finished Planescape:Torment) to get my RPG fill. Skyrim isn't going to cut it because the character development aspect is so watered down, but it may still be a good game.

News Comments > Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot
2. Re: Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot Oct 10, 2011, 21:51 Fibrocyte

I really enjoyed it when it first came out - then WoW trumped it. Still, playing a Skald and doing RvR was great.

Shadowbane is still my most memorable MMO.

News Comments > RAGE Patched
79. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 10, 2011, 11:34 Fibrocyte

I didn't bother to read the 70+ comments here (the complaining gets old after a while) but I'll assume people are having issues with this patch. I have an Nvidia GTX 560 card and all I had to do to make it work was remove the start-up options I put into steam for Rage.

Prior to making this change I experienced a few seconds of video lock-up every 20 seconds or so.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 10, 2011, 11:31 Fibrocyte

Hudson wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 09:35:
Im having more fun in Rage than Deus Ex HR so far.

Same here. Not that DX:HR was bad, but I certainly do prefer Rage over it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 10, 2011, 07:05 Fibrocyte

Awesome - it's good to see Rage at the top of the list. Well deserved.  

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
120. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 11:16 Fibrocyte

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 06:45:
Overon wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 22:32:
RAGE sucks and no amount of driver issues is going to fix the fundamental GAME DESIGN PROBLEMS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GRAPHICS.

If RAGE is any indication, John Carmack and id can just go over exclusively to the console market and PC gamers will not be worse off. Let's just face reality: After years of development id's newest game is so full of terrible design decisions that graphics issues are just the icing on the shit cake.

But I have to give props to Carmack for being so honest about id's failure so soon after the game is released, of course he can only talk about the graphical failures not the game design failures, they are not his fault.

This.

And the random "*shrug* I'm enjoying RAGE and everything runs fine" people should catch on fire.

Are you jealous? You poor thing.

99. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 06:00 Fibrocyte

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 05:02:
Whining is what causes progress, fact is ID never again will be regarded as a good PC Developer after this, and Carmack nothing but a Quack when he opens his mouth about graphics technology, and the future of it.

Mega-Texture is not the future

Whaaaat? Rolleyes2

So Carmack innovates like crazy and is probably the most influential figure in FPS games ever (and graphics technology in general) and because of one game that was primarily made to make his company some money he's now a quack? Are you that boneheaded, really?

This is like that one saying: a man can build a thousand bridges but if he sucks one cock he's known as a cock sucker.

97. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 05:54 Fibrocyte

DNForever wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 23:26:
I'm usually playing 2 games, and nearing the end of DXHR it's like No Country For Old Men, and Rage is like Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

It is clear you've seen neither of those movies.

1209 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo