Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1245 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2011, 11:55 Fibrocyte

Haha is the Scott Weiland album a joke? He sounds drunk in most of those songs.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW: Mists of Pandaria Talent Calculator
15. Re: WoW: Mists of Pandaria Talent Calculator Nov 26, 2011, 06:59 Fibrocyte

If there are less talent choices then there is less balancing that needs to be done which means more dev resources can be shifted to Titan.

Yep, they'll lose a lot of players from this but they probably expect a lot of those players to move to their next MMO, anyway.

News Comments > Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue
18. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 04:16 Fibrocyte

Xombie wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 23:14:
AdamK47 wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 22:41:
It really doesn't take much time or effort to "track down" these DX11 performance issues. I have a 3960X at 4.5GHz with three GTX 580s in SLI and can see the problem right away.

So which line of code was it?

My thought exactly. How could someone not know that "experiencing" the issue and "tracking down" the issue are two entirely different things?

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Christ Centered Gamer. Nov 23, 2011, 13:41 Fibrocyte

LittleMe wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 11:43:
Those that love role playing games will enjoy this game, but make sure the moral content doesn't bother you before parting with $60.

He doesn't outright mention or is ignorant about the game's profuse occult and Satanic references. Skyrim is no game for people who want to avoid these things.

Earth is no place for people who want to avoid those things.

Seriously - how could you NOT separate fantasy and reality in a game like Skyrim (or any game)? Some people and their small brains... sigh.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim New LAA Workaround
29. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim New LAA Workaround Nov 22, 2011, 19:33 Fibrocyte

WaltC wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 18:44:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 18:17:
What's illegal in most Western countries is the act of circumventing the copy protection. That means that downloading a cracked EXE may be legal. But installing and using it is illegal. That's how it usually goes, although legislation (or rather jurisdiction) might differ from one country to another.

Actually, it's only illegal behavior if you engage in it solely in order to deprive the copyright holder of his due--ie, it's illegal if you use the circumvention to distribute unpaid-for bootleg copies, etc. If you paid for your copy and can prove it I hardly see how using a modified exe in its place would be illegal, since the copyright holder would not have been damaged by that activity.

OTOH, I tend to avoid "cracked" anything because I can never be sure of *what else* I might be getting besides the "cracked" exe...;)

So when it comes time to prosecute you, you're going to have to show a receipt predating the pirate date for every title in question.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch
7. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Nov 22, 2011, 16:16 Fibrocyte

TurdFergasun wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 15:46:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 15:20:

I'm sure they're intentionally preventing non-US customers from accessing their download service for no reason whatsoever other than "we don't want your money".

no it's a pack of shit eating lawyers and parasitic corporate douchebags who want more $$ then they deserve to release rights for these things to other countries. they see new golden age in the market for middle-manning usage rights for amurikan media outside of the us, and withholding rights to countries who don't play by the MAFIAA rules. what an ironically comedic coincidence of name's they chose for that group.

Sounds like a good explanation and doesn't sound like Amazon's fault.

I just received a Kindle Fire as a gift so let's not bash them today.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch
4. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Nov 22, 2011, 15:20 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 15:15:
Huzsar wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 14:54:
If you are in US, Amazon has it for $16 right now on their download service.

I'm not. I have no idea why Amazon limits downloads to the US. That's just plain bad business. Oh well, I guess they really don't want money from hundreds of millions of other gamers around the globe.

I'm sure they're intentionally preventing non-US customers from accessing their download service for no reason whatsoever other than "we don't want your money".

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works
81. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works Nov 22, 2011, 11:55 Fibrocyte

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 11:48:
StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 11:39:
Considering the irrational love people have for Valve and Steam itself, I don't really take majority opinion on my comments as some kind of clear sign that I am in the wrong. Sorry.
There's nothing "irrational" about it. Steam offers a service that is miles beyond anything offered by the competition. It's certainly not without its flaws and I'm the first to point them out, whether it be with their policies regarding VAC, the inability to block automatic updates, the requirement to have Steam running for retail games and the (mild) form of DRM they use.

But Steam has dramatically improved gaming from how it used to be, with CD-checks, manual patches, inconsistent screenshot functionality, OS compatibility, manual installers, purchasing, etc. Going forward I'd like to see increased use of Steam Cloud (including a manual version that creates a local backup that supports all games), removal of existing DRM (and blocking of 3rd party DRM), the ability to roll back to previous versions of games, further improved security, etc. But improvements are being made all the time.

I agree and am very fond of Steam. Oh, and all the minor issues that people complain about? They have the power to easily make them go away: just remove that stick from your uptight ass.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works
69. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works Nov 22, 2011, 10:59 Fibrocyte

planar_rift wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 10:03:
I've been trying to explain to a friend of mine why he should wait 3 to 6 months before buying this (or any) major title.
Instead, I'll just point him to this thread.

Carry on...

Nice! You definitely want to prevent him from really enjoying himself for as long as possible. Why limit yourself to 6 months? Tell him to never buy this game at all.

He sure is lucky to have you as a friend.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm level 30 and have never had an issue with Skyrim before or after the patch. I'm sure I'm in the gross minority which is why this game is getting absolutely awful reviews.

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway
9. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:44 Fibrocyte

Wildone wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 12:29:
wow even my mom has FB, you gotta be a serious recluse lol come on join the rest of humanity!!!

Eeehhhh... I don't really care to see pictures of my cousins new girlfriend nor do I care what my wife's coworker had for lunch last Wednesday so I don't see a big need for a FB account.

News Comments > On Minecraft Mod Support
17. Re: On Minecraft Mod Support Nov 16, 2011, 12:01 Fibrocyte

Verno wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:37:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:14:
Why is this a troll? He sold something that wasn't even a finished product and made millions off it.

There isn't anything wrong with that, he was fully up front with what people were buying and has always offered a free version that functions as a demo. People were able to enjoy it and use the product regardless of its version number.

Now, what he considers a finished product (officially released), requires mods to be what it should have been.

That's just your opinion and you don't speak for anyone else. I played Minecraft without mods and fully enjoyed the experience. He's adding mod framework because people want to customize their experience with the game, not because the game is fatally flawed without it. That's part of what makes Minecraft so powerful that you don't seem to understand, it's many different things to many people despite being one core product. Many people choose to extend the replay value of the game with mods and that's their right, he is under no obligation to compensate people based on what people do with his game though.

It's not a troll. You're just upset that I disagree with your viewpoint.

No, it's a troll. The language you used and the inability to see or consider another view point are what clearly labels it a troll. Not to mention it was downright stupid, as if he should be liable to somehow distribute money to others based on random people doing things to his game that he probably doesn't even have knowledge of.

Hmmm... I disagree on all points.

15. Re: On Minecraft Mod Support Nov 16, 2011, 11:31 Fibrocyte

nin wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:16:
Now, what he considers a finished product (officially released), requires mods to be what it should have been.

I don't agree with that statement at all.

That's fine, but plenty of people do.

13. Re: On Minecraft Mod Support Nov 16, 2011, 11:14 Fibrocyte

Verno wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 09:55:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 09:52:
Yet only Notch benefits financially... Go go shyster Notch!

He doesn't charge people for others work so your shyster troll is unsurprisingly invalid. People can charge whatever they want for their mod and distribute it however they please, the fact is that most mods aren't worth paying for which is why we see so few paid ones.

I'm not sure the message we want to send to companies (small or large) is that they are liable for collecting revenues on behalf of mod makers either. That will be a quick way to kill modding scenes for new games, what little we see these days. I'd rather be allowed to do it within the context of the license myself, I don't want a publisher/developer doing it for me.

Why is this a troll? He sold something that wasn't even a finished product and made millions off it. Now, what he considers a finished product (officially released), requires mods to be what it should have been.

It's not a troll. You're just upset that I disagree with your viewpoint.

10. Re: On Minecraft Mod Support Nov 16, 2011, 09:52 Fibrocyte

tuddies wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 08:21:
Mods ARE Minecraft!

If you are playing vanilla Minecraft, you will be bored out of your skull in a few hours. Mods add almost all of the gameplay and content to your Minecraft world.

Yet only Notch benefits financially... Go go shyster Notch!

News Comments > No More Orcs Must Die! DLC
2. Re: No More Orcs Must Die! DLC Nov 16, 2011, 06:29 Fibrocyte

Dev wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 03:38:
Seems kinda silly to pump it all out in a few weeks after release if that's all they ever had. Wouldn't it have been more effective to do like a midweek sale for the game and past DLC every time they brought out a new DLC, and space it out one a month at least?

Yea, you're probably right. I like the game and it was priced right IMO. I do think they could still make a nice amount of $$ from a few more DLC packs but its not a big deal to me.

I'm hoping they'll take this same engine/concept and add multiplayer support. Dungeon Defenders did a good job but I think I'm already done with it.

News Comments > Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours?
8. Re: Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours? Nov 15, 2011, 10:42 Fibrocyte

Halo wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 10:38:
How long before PC gamers demand a D11 patch?

The game looks quite amazing. I can't imagine anyone stomping their feet demanding a DX11 patch.

News Comments > Minecraft Gold
39. Re: Minecraft Gold Nov 15, 2011, 08:56 Fibrocyte

Verno wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 08:38:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 04:29:
Me or you? Choose carefully, idiot.

Read it a bit slower next time superstar Star_half

Only if you do the same, sweetheart.

37. Re: Minecraft Gold Nov 15, 2011, 04:29 Fibrocyte

Razumen wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 19:26:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 18:50:
Dades wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 17:35:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 15:29:
Erm.. actually, people who have nothing better to do may actually find this game fun. Oh, also 10 year olds.

I can see how this game wouldn't appeal to people who are incapable of playing anything more complex than call of duty or who watch wrestling.

Yes, those are additional groups who this game may appeal to. I'm glad we see eye to eye on this.

LOL, reading comprehension fail.

Me or you? Choose carefully, idiot.

36. Re: Minecraft Gold Nov 15, 2011, 04:28 Fibrocyte

Razumen wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 21:16:
Dev wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 19:38:
Upcoming features may or may not be in the release version. For instance, dual weilding is in that list. I'm interested in what's the major changes (specifically new features) between a year ago and now, not what might change in 2012.

As for bugs being listed differently than new features. Sure. Did you read it?
Its mostly things like "New settings in Server.properties: view-distance, allow-nether" and "New Bow shooting sounds" neither of which I care about.

Even if I stick to JUST the new features list on that link, its not a trivial amount of time (unlike your claims) to read that 50 page document.

In addition, with some changes, its hard to tell if they are trivial or not.

Whatever man, if you actually visited that link you'd see that what's clearly in the 1.0 release section WILL be in the next release.

The features are listed differently, some releases don't have anything but bug fixes. For those that do have new features the most major additions ARE RIGHT AT THE TOP OF EACH ENTRY. If you want to know if it's a trivial change or not just click on the link that they so generously provided that will take you to a page with more details about it. How much easier do you need it to be?

It sounds to me like you'd rather have something tell you why they think you should play MC rather than making a qualified decision for yourself.

Are you intentionally missing his point? I think so.

25. Re: Minecraft Gold Nov 14, 2011, 18:50 Fibrocyte

Dades wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 17:35:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 15:29:
Erm.. actually, people who have nothing better to do may actually find this game fun. Oh, also 10 year olds.

I can see how this game wouldn't appeal to people who are incapable of playing anything more complex than call of duty or who watch wrestling.

Yes, those are additional groups who this game may appeal to. I'm glad we see eye to eye on this.

1245 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo