Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1248 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed
39. Re: The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed Jan 18, 2012, 06:29 Fibrocyte

Undocumented Alien wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 20:12:
Powerleveling is also optional.

Right on!

Level 19 Gunslinger, /played 1 Day, 4 Hours, 8 Minutes... enjoying the ride.

I've played more than you as I have 3 chars in the low 20's that I'm dabbling with. So far I prefer the Gunslinger.

My assessment is this game has its ups/downs but is certainly a very good MMO. For me it is a WoW-killer because I am bored with WoW.

Had both games been released at the same time (WoW with a current graphics engine) then it would undoubtedly crush this game. However, WoW was released ~8 years ago and has had plenty of time to bore people to death.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Old Republic Update Next Week
29. Re: The Old Republic Update Next Week Jan 14, 2012, 06:11 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 19:01:
The best thing about GW2 is that dickholes like you won't be there so it works out for everyone.

You're a special kind of dickhole when you think dickholes like you are better than dickholes like him.

You've entered ultra-moron mode, Cutter. Keep 'em coming!

News Comments > The Old Republic Update Next Week
8. Re: The Old Republic Update Next Week Jan 13, 2012, 07:46 Fibrocyte

Dev wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 05:48:
About how many patches (if any) have they done so far to fix issues in the game? I don't play it, I'm just wondering if they are doing regular patches to fix things as well as add content.

Probably 10 patches since release - all of those have been bug fixes. They're making a solid effort and I applaud them on their minimal downtime strategy as I am rarely waiting for the servers to come up (and I'm an early morning player).

Lots of people say this is such a single player game and that's just not true -- it promotes multiplayer questing/instances/pvp just as much as any other MMO *but* it is so much better in the single-player aspect than those other MMOs.

I'm enjoying it - I'm glad their patching - and I'll probably stick around until a better MMO comes out or I get truly bored.

News Comments > Bethesda Buys Fallout MMOG Rights
40. Re: Bethesda Buys Fallout MMOG Rights Jan 10, 2012, 09:01 Fibrocyte

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 08:52:
They continue to include mod tools because every game since Oblivion has been using the same 2006 edition of Gamebryo (despite the damned lie Todd Howard repeatedly told of Skyrim being an "all new in-house engine") and it's trivial for them to release them. And as others said, this allows them to release afterthought PC ports with the same horrible UI because they know modders will fix it for them. I guarantee you, when the next generation of consoles finally forces them to start using a current engine, they'll probably forgo mod tools on the PC, or they'll release ones that are watered down in comparison.

Quite right, quite right... It would be an absurdity to think that anyone in that company advocates Bethesda's mod community support for all the right reasons.

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
83. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 06:33 Fibrocyte

Flatline wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 04:42:
Dirwulf wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 23:35:
The Starcraft 2 emulators, all two of them, suck, half the game is broken since they can barely keep up with the updates. The same thing will happen with any Diablo 3 emulators, and why would you hate on making real money in a game for selling your single player items

Ah, so legitimizing gold farmers and the ebaying of characters and shit is a *good* think in your point of view.

Gotcha.

The real money auction house is actually specifically *why* I won't be playing Diablo 3. Everyone is like "I'll just be able to play and make money off of the game!!!" when in reality you'll be competing with shit like prisons in China who force their inmates to play 20 hours a day and farm that shit out wholesale.

Blizzard is saying "fuck it, it's a big industry, so we might as well legitimize it and take a cut of profit from it."

So you won't be playing the entire game because of one optional feature that you simply feel you won't be able to profit from? Got it!

In other news, they'll have a gold-based auction house for those who don't prefer the real money version.

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
82. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 06:30 Fibrocyte

Ventura wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 05:44:
How is it at all different than you playing any games on Steam?

You're joking, right? Take your computer offline and see how many of your Steam games you can play while it's in offline mode. I just fired up Torchlight, MW3 and Dungeon Defenders with my network cable pulled from the back.

As he said, Diablo 3 is an MMO wannabe. It won't let you play at all, period.

True. Shouldn't be a big deal at all. This will be the first good game purchase of 2012.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans
31. Re: The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans Jan 5, 2012, 15:07 Fibrocyte

Dades wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 14:56:
Haha sure that's so much better, as if everyone just got together and decided what to like and dislike. Oh and they just happen to dislike the things you like. Everyone on the entire website, they all do it just because....they like to. Yep that's totally rational and not at all weird or paranoid. Everyone hates everything ever because they're meany heads, not because they are humans with opinions that sometimes conflict with yours or something.

They're all out to get you, time to stock up on foodstuffs and used videogames

No ma'am, you're still missing the point.

29. Re: The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans Jan 5, 2012, 14:51 Fibrocyte

Dades wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 14:48:
Anyone who blames disagreement about a videogame on an imaginary conspiracy of negative gamer groupthink is obviously a troll or an insecure moron who likely can't function in group settings

My comment is not specific to SWTOR. It is the same in almost every thread for every game.

Let me know if I need to help you comprehend anything else that is going on here. Allthumbsup

27. Re: The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans Jan 5, 2012, 14:43 Fibrocyte

Dades wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 14:41:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 14:34:
Whatever, jackass. You're well aware that bluesnews is SWARMING with people who constantly complain, complain, complain. I feel sorry for Blue because he seems like a nice guy who has somehow attracted a group of mostly negative gamers.

Whatever, dickhead. I'm well aware that you're an insecure little troll who doesn't understand that the universe doesn't revolve around his videogame opinions.

Are you just typing random words? I'm neither insecure nor trolling. Go beat up your dog or something you angry little man.

25. Re: The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans Jan 5, 2012, 14:34 Fibrocyte

Dades wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 07:21:
I'm glad to hear they're fixing the bugs. There's plenty but the game is still a great MMO to play. Is it okay to post non-complaints on bluesnews?

In your case it seems to be only flowery fanboy defense for this game. Must offset all negative comments about game because I enjoy it!

Whatever, jackass. You're well aware that bluesnews is SWARMING with people who constantly complain, complain, complain. I feel sorry for Blue because he seems like a nice guy who has somehow attracted a group of mostly negative gamers.

14. Re: The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans Jan 5, 2012, 07:09 Fibrocyte

yuastnav wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 06:47:
WarpCrow wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 01:57:
[...] I'm playing the game and I'm having a lot of fun with it, despite having very low expectations thanks to EA's involvement. [...]

Uh, that is not correct. You are having fun because you had low expectations, not despite having low expectations.
You see - you had low expectations i.e. you did not expect very much from this game and the game offered more than you expected and that is why you are having fun.
If you had high expectations than the game would have under-delivered and you would not be having fun.

What an asinine twist you put on his positive comment.

11. Re: The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans Jan 5, 2012, 05:47 Fibrocyte

I'm glad to hear they're fixing the bugs. There's plenty but the game is still a great MMO to play. Is it okay to post non-complaints on bluesnews?

Also, for those who have issues not being able to talk in party/guild chat - try leaving your guild and getting a reinvite. It worked for me.

Edit for 2 more points:
1. They said the chat issue is next on the fix list and quite possibly going to be fixed before the next Tues maintenance.
2. Yesterday's scheduled maintenance was finished 5 hours early. Blizzard still hasn't managed to do that.

News Comments > Syndicate Co-op Trailer
11. Re: Syndicate Co-op Trailer Jan 4, 2012, 08:02 Fibrocyte

Acleacius wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 22:42:
Extremely, underwhelming.

Commagain?

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
68. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 4, 2012, 07:57 Fibrocyte

^Drag0n^ wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 04:21:
Wow. What an absolutely wretched sounding game. Their solution to a clear design flaw? Ban those exploiting it. Brilliant. What a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

^D^

Drama queen.

58. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 18:14 Fibrocyte

Krovven wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 17:14:
Rossafur wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 16:45:
Krovven wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 16:34:

If you insist on finishing every sentence with "lol", please never post again.

Nice fail on detecting Fibrocyte's annoyance with KilrathiAce's use of "lol" and a throw-away comparison to WoW.

I caught it just fine, thanks captain obvious. He isn't the grammar police, nor is KilrathiAce's opinion any less trivial than Fribrocytes. Clearly you failed at the irony of my post.

You obviously didn't get it the first time and this is just your attempt to save face. Nice.

Back to the topic at hand: I understand this rule isn't posted. What I am saying is once you are aware that it isn't proper activity then you should cease doing it. Whether you know not to do this by reading the forums, getting warned by an administrator, or just being born with common sense isn't really relevant.

41. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 16:19 Fibrocyte

Warskull wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 15:14:
WyldKat wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 14:30:
EDIT: Disregard, apparently according to Bioware via Reddit, low-level farming of Ilum is okay.

Unless they decide it isn't. They said if a lowbie goes and opens a chest he won't be banned, but if you repeatedly "exploit" the resources you will be.

That is even worse, if you cross some moving, arbitrary invisible line, they can temp ban you. Basically, you can open chests and you only get banned if they feel like banning you.

Just fix the mechanic, it is so easy. Level limits on the chests, area, scaling the loot to level, ect.

This is the worst of the culture that infests MMOs. If you don't play the way people think you should, you are cheating and should be banned. It is like people who try to put arbitrary "no spawn camping" rules in games. Either the supposed spawn camping isn't a problem or the map is crap and no one should play it.

How about not doing it if it isn't what you should be doing? If you didn't know (really?) then you'll get a warning. If you do it again, you deserve a ban.

This is hardly different than speed limits. You have the option to go over the speed limit even though you shouldn't - but when you do, you're penalized. Or should the government put governors on all our vehicles?

Just play the game as it was intended. This is not a single-player game where you can exploit something and it only impacts you. Some of your actions in an MMO impact others and you should act accordingly.

40. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 16:14 Fibrocyte

KilrathiAce wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 13:50:
This reminds me of WoW... oh wait this game is basically WoW in star wars theme lol.

That's right, it's an MMO lol.

Thanks for your input lol.

Please don't ever post again lol.

News Comments > The Old Republic Stats
84. Re: The Old Republic Stats Dec 28, 2011, 11:45 Fibrocyte

Steele Johnson wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 11:15:
There's more to do in Skyrim than this game. Why would I pay a monthly sub? Doh!

No... no there's not.

81. Re: The Old Republic Stats Dec 28, 2011, 11:06 Fibrocyte

Creston wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 10:43:
Verno wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 08:49:
Am I blind or are there no actual sales figures in there?

It's called "throwing up a lot of smoke to hide the (possibly ugly) truth."

Creston

It's called marketing, actually. They have no ugly truth to hide.

78. Re: The Old Republic Stats Dec 28, 2011, 09:59 Fibrocyte

Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 09:57:
KilrathiAce wrote on Dec 28, 2011, 06:52:
Star Wars: World of Warcraft...yep we all know there is massive market for people who just love mindless grind for hours and hours...throw in star wars stuff and bam. I am glad this is not available on steam for once EA made me proud on that. Keep these annoying mmos off steam.

Mis-post due to Blue's primitive website design.

1248 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo