Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1209 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Bastion DLC Next Week
5. Re: Bastion DLC Next Week Dec 10, 2011, 04:54 Fibrocyte

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 23:02:
I've really got to play more of this but I just have too many games... I haven't completed Skyrim yet, I haven't even start LA Noire, I've got back into Defense Grid (I played for 18hrs recently because of the addon), I've just picked up Payday: The Heist and still have a backlog of other major games (Crysis 2, Assassin's Creed II, Dragon Age II, DOWII-Retribution, F1 2011, etc.

For what it's worth I really enjoyed the 4-5hrs of Bastion that I've played so far.

Hmmm... I haven't finished Skyrim either. Maybe its TOO long. I have two different level 30 chars [archer & assassin] who are pretty damn powerful gear/perk-wise. I need to jump on one and just plow through the main story line.

But then I got into the D3 beta and played that for a while, then Bastion came out, and soon I'll give SWTOR a try. Someday, Skyrim... someday.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bastion in a Browser
1. Re: Bastion in a Browser Dec 9, 2011, 11:50 Fibrocyte

Excellent game. If I hadn't bought it for $5 two days ago then I might actually try the browser version.

News Comments > Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced
22. Re: Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced Dec 9, 2011, 11:39 Fibrocyte

RollinThundr wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 10:26:
Kosumo wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 03:21:
I was taking the piss - The French are not to be fucked with and are a super power.

Nothing wrong with surrendering if its the right thing to do ... they have been in many wars are are still around.

Actually France has quite the history of surrendering.
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

Thanks for the link! It was an enjoyable read. My 2 favorite parts:

- French Revolution
- Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.
AND

Or, better still, the quote from last week's Wall Street Journal: "They're there when they need you."

News Comments > Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced
19. Re: Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced Dec 9, 2011, 08:30 Fibrocyte

My first thought was this will be bad, but then I thought it might actually be a gook game.  

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today
27. Re: No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today Dec 6, 2011, 15:33 Fibrocyte

OldScho0l wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 14:38:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 11:04:
Not adding VOIP in this game was a HUGE mistake. I play for team "TAW" and without TS (Team Speak) this game would be further crippled. I still can't believe this game didn't ship with it. As far as the business decision goes my only guess on this is that EVERYTHING that goes into a game is carefully discussed & looked at from a profit standpoint, business deal, etc.

Edit Don't trust TAW. They have been caught robbing their clan members. They get you to install mods and game related apps and are actually deploying trojans and other goodies. Beware.

Just curious how you know this and if you wouldn't mind posting a link to some examples/proof.

News Comments > Trine 2 This Week
12. Re: Trine 2 This Week Dec 6, 2011, 08:38 Fibrocyte

That trailer looks quite good...  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2011, 08:33 Fibrocyte

It is mildly funny.  

News Comments > A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours
13. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours Dec 5, 2011, 12:21 Fibrocyte

Techie714 wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 10:59:
I would like to read this series but man those books are HUGE. Like reading multiple copies of War & Peace..lol. I'm about half way through "American Gods" right now & I'm enjoying it. I've heard HBO is doing a series on that book too?

American Gods is excellent - and I didn't hear they were making a series out of it.

A Song of Fire & Ice is a great series and though it is long it is certainly worth it. I'm almost finished with the latest book and wish I had more to read.

News Comments > A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours
1. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours Dec 5, 2011, 10:11 Fibrocyte

political skills can be as lethal as a sharpen sword

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch This Week
23. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 5, 2011, 08:53 Fibrocyte

KilgoreTrout wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 07:27:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 05:42:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 19:05:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 18:56:
Wish there was a way that servers could filter out players over certain ranks. It sucks that I can't dedicate my life to this game and am only rank 8 and get my ass handed to me constantly by 35+ers out there.

Play Team Deathmatch and you can rank up pretty quick, also don't forget you can pick up guns that have fallen on the ground.

Thanks for the tip. I just started playing multiplayer on Friday and I'm only rank 2. I probably get about an hour per day in so I'll give team DM a try.

Try to find a 64-player Metro conquest server where explosive use is banned (one named Killzone 7 comes to mind, but there are probably lots of them). Play as assault. You will rack up lots of points just by reviving/healing teammates, and quickly get enough kills to unlock weapon equipment even if you are not an expert player.

Thanks to you, too -- I'll give this a try.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch This Week
19. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 5, 2011, 05:42 Fibrocyte

DangerDog wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 19:05:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 18:56:
Wish there was a way that servers could filter out players over certain ranks. It sucks that I can't dedicate my life to this game and am only rank 8 and get my ass handed to me constantly by 35+ers out there.

Play Team Deathmatch and you can rank up pretty quick, also don't forget you can pick up guns that have fallen on the ground.

Thanks for the tip. I just started playing multiplayer on Friday and I'm only rank 2. I probably get about an hour per day in so I'll give team DM a try.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Peripherals; Trailer; Music Dec 3, 2011, 05:12 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 00:45:
eunichron wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 22:19:
Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 20:50:
$250 keyboard? $140 mouse? $130 headset? $50 dollar mouse pad? $60 client? $15 per month? Getting scammed by Lucas/EA/Bioware/Razer? Priceless...for them.

ROFLMAO. A sucker really is born every minute.

How many GW2 themed peripherals are you going to be buying?

Uh none, because GW2 only has players, not fanboys. SWTOR has all you clowns for that.

Says the GW2 fanboy...

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Trolling?
42. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 15:30 Fibrocyte

deqer wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 14:48:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 11:10:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 11:07:
Better have a new engine on par with BF3 or Crysis!

Agreed. The BF3 engine is quite nice.
No, let's not. The Valve engine is based on the id Software engine, which is one nice solid piece of a technology. The DICE(BF1-3) engine has always been experimental, and currently with BF3 it is DX12 2012 crap.

The valve engine is quite capable of doing the graphics(which is probably the only thing that you are referring to) as what you'd get with the DICE engine.

Look at the upcoming game OverDose, which is based off a custom(and now highly enhanced) build of the id Software engine, tech 2. See all the new graphics/effects that have been added while maintaining optimization on your hardware.

However you want to slice it. I won't talk for Techie714, but the only point I was trying to make is BF3 is a very nice engine and undoubtedly superior to the HL2 engine when HL2 was released.

If Valve wants to take that same engine and push it forward, whatever - as long as it is on par with what the BF3 team did.

News Comments > BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates
10. Re: BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates Dec 2, 2011, 11:55 Fibrocyte

You don't need to pay more than $19 for BF3. I got it from here: http://online.1c.ru/games/game/11403507/ - then converted it to English. Works perfectly and thousands of others have done the same with no issue.  

News Comments > BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates
3. Re: BF3 Back to Karkand Release Dates Dec 2, 2011, 11:11 Fibrocyte

I've been out of the FPS scene for quite a while so I'm going through the single player, first. Eventually I'll logon to multiplayer and get destroyed.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Trolling?
6. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 11:10 Fibrocyte

Techie714 wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 11:07:
Better have a new engine on par with BF3 or Crysis!

Agreed. The BF3 engine is quite nice.

News Comments > South Park: The Game Announced
19. Re: South Park: The Game Announced Dec 2, 2011, 08:49 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 08:09:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 07:13:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 00:26:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 23:47:
Recent SP episodes have kind of sucked as they have kind of lost interest in SP

Disagree. They've been just as hilarious and smart as ever.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Over the years the guys from South Park poked fun at a lot of people. So under which category are you Fibrocyte?

White Supremacist? Black Supremacist? Religious (fanatical) NUT? Richard Dawkins? Babara Streisand? (I could go on, but the list is basically without end)

Common own up, and be a man about it.

You were close but you missed me: Religious Supremacist.

I think it is fine to poke fun at anyone and anything with no limit - Family Guy and American Dad do a great job of that.

South Park is just stupid and generally very immature (more so than the MacFarlane shows).

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 2, 2011, 07:15 Fibrocyte

Perhaps that analyst needs to realize that in this case, 3rd place is synonymous with last place (which is only okay in the Special Olympics).  

15. Re: South Park: The Game Announced Dec 2, 2011, 07:13 Fibrocyte

Sepharo wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 00:26:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 23:47:
Recent SP episodes have kind of sucked as they have kind of lost interest in SP

Disagree. They've been just as hilarious and smart as ever.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

14. Re: South Park: The Game Announced Dec 2, 2011, 07:12 Fibrocyte

Sepharo wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 21:38:
Figured this woulda been mentioned in the summary.

"Parker and Stone are writing the script, performing the dialogue, and overseeing the development of South Park: The Game."

Maybe they left it out because it's a bad thing?

1209 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo