Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1254 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
74. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 11:25 Fibrocyte

Krovven wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 06:43:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 06:26:
Krovven wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 04:35:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 01:37:
You have a source for these sales figures and the development budgets of ArmA3 and DayZ?

Yep, Google. You have fingers, use them.

Translation: Due to the possibility and probability of me being wrong, I'm not going to cite my sources. Instead, I'll ask you to go out and try to find the information yourself and then just say you're bad at google when you can't do it.

You were saying? Don't bother taking the foot out of your mouth, it suits you.

At a glance, none of the links you provided show development budgets for Arma3 and DayZ. See the original quote above if you're confused on the sources you need to cite during your second attempt.

Hey... at least you tried.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

58. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 06:26 Fibrocyte

Krovven wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 04:35:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 01:37:
You have a source for these sales figures and the development budgets of ArmA3 and DayZ?

Yep, Google. You have fingers, use them.

Translation: Due to the possibility and probability of me being wrong, I'm not going to cite my sources. Instead, I'll ask you to go out and try to find the information yourself and then just say you're bad at google when you can't do it.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
11. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 27, 2014, 06:23 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 18:41:
And so much for EQ Next. You'd think those idiots would have learned from the failure that's DCUO. MMOs do not belong on consoles. I don't some shitty control scheme because it has to be designed for console controllers. Pass.

FFXIV works just fine on the console and it is damn near impossible to tell if someone is on PC or console w/o asking them if you're both in the same group.

Why do you continue to make such moronic assertions?

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 13:30 Fibrocyte

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 11:38:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 11:31:
Objectively bad games do not top the Steam best sellers for weeks on end... So go ahead and keep on with your meaningless hate, but don't tire yourself out too soon; there's no telling how long it'll be on this list.

bla bla bla. Already have my request in for a refund.

You know SIMS is one of the most purchased games ever? Nuff said.

But you're a habitual cry baby and DayZ is not for the faint of heart. You requesting a refund is understandable. You being given a refund is absurd.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2014, 13:43.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jan 25, 2014, 05:19 Fibrocyte

Prez wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 01:45:
I got The Bureau - XCOM at Get Games - www.getgamesgo.com - for 7 bucks today in case anyone is interested. I am intrigued enough by the premise to risk that much at least.

Thanks for the tip - I may give it a try too.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 23, 2014, 13:08 Fibrocyte

Lord Tea wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 02:37:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 21:20:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:28:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 17:49:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 16:07:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 13:10:
Great study. Completely ignores reality, but great study.

It makes sense. If your 'network' slows down or stops facebooking then you will to. Plus, the study cites data that shows a decline in FB traffic since Feb 2012.

I personally dislike FB. I only have an account to keep track of notifications from one organization that I am affiliated with - otherwise, I have no connections on the system and find it useless. In addition, the interface is pretty damn awful and the constant nagging that they do about updating your profile or 'do you know this person?' is a major turn-off.

Plenty of things "make sense" but are not true. There was no peer review, the model is based on diseases, and they are guessing based on how My Space rapidly declined. Guess what? Facebook has already outlasted My Space and as much as some people like to demonize it, social media is not a disease.

Haha so I see you read the article but not the study. Read the study, then respond or don't and remain ignorant.

HAHA, I see you can make stupid assumptions based on nothing. I read the study before I responded.

Apparently you didn't read past the introduction then, unless you completely ignore the fact that they modified the traditional SIR model based on the dynamics of OSN (see equations 3a - 3c). Taking this into account, the disease model actually is now perfectly applicable to social networks and they even explain why.

Thanks for posting this. I saw his last response and thought "He either lied about reading the study or is too stupid to understand it so this conversation can go no further."

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 23, 2014, 13:01 Fibrocyte

avianflu wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 12:08:
MMX requires Uplay. Sadly that is a pass.

I've been dabbling with MMX. I think it has potential to be a fun RPG but the damn engine is so slow/intensive that I hate to run it. No other game makes my computer's fans run so hard.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blackguards
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 19:32 Fibrocyte

Ouch... I just installed the demo and will try it in the morning but that pricetag is too much. Hopefully there's a sale in the near term.  

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2014, 19:28 Fibrocyte

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 17:49:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 16:07:

It makes sense. If your 'network' slows down or stops facebooking then you will to. Plus, the study cites data that shows a decline in FB traffic since Feb 2012.

I personally dislike FB. I only have an account to keep track of notifications from one organization that I am affiliated with - otherwise, I have no connections on the system and find it useless. In addition, the interface is pretty damn awful and the constant nagging that they do about updating your profile or 'do you know this person?' is a major turn-off.

Plenty of things "make sense" but are not true. There was no peer review, the model is based on diseases, and they are guessing based on how My Space rapidly declined. Guess what? Facebook has already outlasted My Space and as much as some people like to demonize it, social media is not a disease.

Haha so I see you read the article but not the study. Read the study, then respond or don't and remain ignorant.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2014, 16:07 Fibrocyte

News Comments > Blackguards Demos
1. Re: Blackguards Demos Jan 22, 2014, 15:54 Fibrocyte

This actually looks interesting. Downloading the demo to give it a try.  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
23. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 22, 2014, 07:19 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 06:44:
How slow, grindy is it? How long would you have to play to get a decent deck? (Without spending money)

The decks you get from money or from gold are completely random so your question is asinine.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens
5. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Opens Jan 21, 2014, 19:56 Fibrocyte

I've been playing this for a few days and find it enjoyable. As someone else said, it will be amazing on a tablet but until then I'll gladly play it on PC.

I am also a casual player who gets stomped by most others online but win the occasional game. Part of the issue is I just use the canned decks rather than building my own. I have yet to try arena mode... perhaps this weekend.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
10. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 18, 2014, 18:03 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 16:25:
If they allow it you cam just bank on the "air meltdown" stories abounding. Flying is painful enough, this'll be throwing thermite on the fire.

Flying is painful for sissies. I fly often and it doesn't phase me. Grow a pair.

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
32. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 14:41 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 14:13:
Is there a point to even playing this game any more? Why earn anything when you can just buy it?

Perhaps you can post a list of things that can be bought with real money from Blizzard and a list of things that must be earned through gameplay to support your point?

News Comments > Octodad This Month
2. Re: Octodad This Month Jan 16, 2014, 12:08 Fibrocyte

What is this I don't even...  

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 Next Month
8. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 Next Month Jan 15, 2014, 08:22 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 17:13:
Yeah, you wanted to milk the WD2 and other crap first. I'm certainly never buying one of their games again until it's complete. As for getting the rest of Wolf out in a timely fashion I'll believe it when I see it. I'm still really fucking pissed about this whole fiasco.

Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby

News Comments > Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects
20. Re: Telltale Stirred, Not Shaken, at James Bond Prospects Jan 6, 2014, 16:32 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 14:19:
Shut up! Shut up and get fucking Wolf finished already! I swear to fuck I'm this close to demanding my money back. These assholes keep pushing it back and back and back to work on other stuff. NEVER again will I give these guys money until a game is actually complete. Goddamned game should have been finished by now and we still don't even know when we'll see chapter 2.

Baby

News Comments > Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Revealed
14. Re: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Revealed Jan 6, 2014, 09:31 Fibrocyte

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 18:03:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 10:03:
Brad was heavily involved in Everquest and that is a successful MMO. I wish him the best of luck in delivering another one so I can get some enjoyment out of it.

Fuck the same ole mmo and yes everyone can be a bitchfest. Why should this be able to be immune to our opinions? MMO's right now in many minds are in a very bad place.

Well said!

News Comments > Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Revealed
10. Re: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Revealed Jan 5, 2014, 10:03 Fibrocyte

briktal wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 22:13:
Fletch wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 13:18:
"Bring us back to the great days of MMOs."
When was that, exactly?

Either now, or before you had ever played an MMO.

If MMOs aren't your thing then why are you even commenting here? Not every thread needs to be a whine-fest on bluesnews.

Brad was heavily involved in Everquest and that is a successful MMO. I wish him the best of luck in delivering another one so I can get some enjoyment out of it.

1254 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo