Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1209 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play Dropped
5. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play Dropped Mar 6, 2012, 13:23 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 13:13:
It's entirely a controller issue. MS and Sony have tried this too and to their great surprise *gasp* the console people always get utterly destroyed by PC players. So that's really not a whole lot of fun for them. So there's really no point in cross-platform play.

So why don't they come out and say it, then? What do they have to lose by telling the truth?

EDIT: If it were as simple as "PC players destroy all non-PC players" then they could simply add multiple server types: pure-console, pure-PC, mixed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
43. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 13:17 Fibrocyte

Bhruic wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 13:08:
Yes.

In that case, I have this wonderful bridge to sell you. Cheap.

Only a moron would try to sell a bridge they didn't own.

40. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 12:58 Fibrocyte

Illumin wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 12:02:
Yakubs wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 09:48:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 09:34:
I wonder if there are any moral qualms on Blue's part about advertising that ME3 is available for download like this...

You honestly think there's a pirate out there who was blissfully unaware of his own intentions to pirate this game, and had his $60 ready and waiting, but then this BluesNews post reminded him to go do so?

Yes. Someone has 60 bucks set aside ready to buy a game and they find out they can get it for free just by reading the news? Damn stright. You don't have to be 40 years old living in your mom's basement to be a pirate. Average everyday people wanting to save 60.00 that say to themselves, I've bought shitty games before this is just my way of trying before buying. Then they never end up buying. If you don't think that happens I can tell you your wrong.

Im not knocking Blues because your right it is news. But people do see that ME3 can be gotten free and they go looking for it.
Its not Blues fault. Its no worse than the news saying "coppers is at an all time high" then right after that talk about how empty houses are being stripped of copper.

This is pretty much what I was trying to convey.

Had this been 8 years ago I "know a guy" who very well may have acted just because of this particular article on bluesnews.

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 10:03 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 09:59:
Your thinking might have been straightforward but your writing wasnt. You wrote 'advertising'. There is nothing ambivalent about your wording in the sentence you used. Had you used the word 'reporting' instead of 'advertising' the sentence and its meaning would be entirely different.

Right. I'm sorry you were confused.

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 09:51 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 09:43:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 09:34:
I wonder if there are any moral qualms on Blue's part about advertising that ME3 is available for download like this...

You know there is a reason why this site is called Bluesnews. It has something to do with news.

Advertising is not the same as reporting. For one thing advertizing isnt free. Are you suggesting that Blue is getting paid by pirates to promote their 'free' warez games?

No, I'm not suggesting that and I can't fathom how your brain even went there other than to start some unnecessary argument.

My thinking was as straightforward as what I posted. I wonder if Blue has a hesitation before posting such an article where he thinks "am I increasing the number of pirated downloads of this game by publishing this bit of news?"

If you have someone who pirates software -and- their only/primary gaming news source is bluesnews.com then he probably did.

That's what I was wondering. I never said anything about whether he should or should not.

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 09:34 Fibrocyte

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 4, 2012, 18:59 Fibrocyte

She's surprisingly not ugly.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
107. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 4, 2012, 18:21 Fibrocyte

Beamer wrote on Mar 4, 2012, 14:03:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 4, 2012, 11:45:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 4, 2012, 01:18:
Are you crazy? Where did that make any sense? Are people going to start playing PC games on the couch with keyboard and mouse? Yeah? Really?

I do it right now, you oaf.

If done right, the SteamBox will sell well and increase Valve's profits substantially. I'd be surprised if they didn't do this right.

You're one in a billion. There's a reason why so many companies have desperately tried to make some kind of mouse/keyboard combo for couches - what we have now does not work. The keyboard can be ok, but the mouse? I used to do some work on the couch, and it fucks your wrist up very, very quickly. You can buy a couch desk to rectify that, but who wants to bother?

Many on this board are convinced that console users want the luxury of having a mouse and keyboard you pick specifically, that they want to be able to tweak performance of both their games and their hardware, and that they want all that a PC offers.
Many on this board are wrong. These things that matter to us aren't interesting to most gamers, which is why they're on consoles and not PCs.

I have a Logitech Anywhere mouse that works flawlessly on my couch. It works on the cushion that I'm sitting on or up on the arm rest. No mouse pad is used or required, either. No wrist issues here, though I understand where you're coming from.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
98. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 4, 2012, 11:45 Fibrocyte

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 4, 2012, 01:18:
Are you crazy? Where did that make any sense? Are people going to start playing PC games on the couch with keyboard and mouse? Yeah? Really?

I do it right now, you oaf.

If done right, the SteamBox will sell well and increase Valve's profits substantially. I'd be surprised if they didn't do this right.

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Mar 4, 2012, 07:52 Fibrocyte

Good tip - thanks! I'm installing the game + patch now.  

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2012, 07:26 Fibrocyte

Dev wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 21:46:
I already have a copy of VTMB I think, but at that $5 price I'll pick up another, just to have it on steam. I don't remember if I ever finished it back in the day. And I might as well pick up that tower defense game at $4 since I like tower defense.

I grabbed VTMB - though I've never played it before. It looks interesting.

Also, there's an iBomber bundle for 20% off which gives you the original and the sequel so I just grabbed that as well.

News Comments > Minecraft Preview Build; Mod Support Plans
15. Re: Minecraft Preview Build; Mod Support Plans Mar 1, 2012, 12:45 Fibrocyte

WarpCrow wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 06:21:
Fibrocyte wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 20:32:
I want to get into this game but its so hard to do. Playing solo is fine... for a bit.

Multiplayer is kinda meh as servers disappear as fast as they appear, griefers run amuck, and there's little cooperation. I'm sure I'm not getting on the right servers but they're a bit of a PITA to find.

Check out minestatus.net and try one of the bigger servers. My server of choice is Buxville which has been around for something like two years and griefing is illegal, but there are a few good ones depending on what mix of PvP, PvE, and mods you might desire.

tyvm for the tip -- I'll give it a try. =)

News Comments > Minecraft Preview Build; Mod Support Plans
9. Re: Minecraft Preview Build; Mod Support Plans Feb 29, 2012, 20:32 Fibrocyte

I want to get into this game but its so hard to do. Playing solo is fine... for a bit.

Multiplayer is kinda meh as servers disappear as fast as they appear, griefers run amuck, and there's little cooperation. I'm sure I'm not getting on the right servers but they're a bit of a PITA to find.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Tease
27. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 07:26 Fibrocyte

You can get BG-1, BG-2, and more for $7.

Link to Gamersgate

Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
Baldur's Gate II
Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
Icewind Dale
Icewind Dale 2
Planescape Torment
The Temple of Elemental Evil

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 28, 2012, 07:36 Fibrocyte

avianflu wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 07:12:
I have the galaxy II S and while it is a GREAT phone, it has 8 hours of battery life if I keep LTE on.

However it is worth mentioning that if I turn data off, I get 2 full days easily.

The Galaxy S III is supposedly going to have better battery life than the S II.

I have an S I and I'm not happy with it -- I'll likely grab an S III when it is released. If battery life is an issue then I'll upgrade the battery to one with higher capacity - I prefer the bulkier device anyway.

News Comments > Sons of Anarchy Game?
5. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 25, 2012, 14:21 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 13:52:
I've never understood the appeal of bikers. I've always viewed them as dirty criminal scumbags.

I've always viewed them as people who ride motorcycles.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears
105. Re: the best gaming experience Feb 25, 2012, 05:26 Fibrocyte

Xombie wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 18:25:
Yifes wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 17:39:
I don't understand what this incessant bitching is about.

This is Blues News forums, where people complain about games more than they actually play them.

I've been saying this forever... Too funny.

75. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 16:18 Fibrocyte

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 15:06:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 13:02:
I find it funny that some people have no problem with Blizzards always on DRM but never fail to castigate Ubisoft for it - and they've actually started backing away from it.

Hey Cutter, there was a post a month or two ago about Diablo's always on DRM in which 100 or so comments totally hammered Blizzard for it. I've read comments on both threads (Blizzard and Ubisoft), and saw about the same ratios of hatred vs. ambivalence (ran about 5 to 1). I think very very few people are being hypocritical about this.

Counter-thought: the average gamer is a big cry baby.

25. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 12:02 Fibrocyte

Alamar wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 11:50:
Fibrocyte wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 11:37:
Hudson wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 11:31:
Game is NOT in good shape. It has HORRIBLE animation lag they STILL have not addressed!

Have you tried buying a new computer?

Different people have different defitions... Hell, consider 'lag'... That's originally a network term, but since massives became popular, it's now a graphical issue too, and most people don't know the difference...

Ironically, the 'animation lag' in D3 could be a network issue... If you fire off a projectile, and you're lagged, it won't show up till it's halfway to the mob; rather annoying, but I guess a super fast bolt or, crazy enough, a client predicted bolt, would be crazy ; )

-Alamar

Yep - I know. I've played the beta on two entirely different computers and never had any issues. So I was being half-facetious with my comment to him.

21. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 11:37 Fibrocyte

Hudson wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 11:31:
Game is NOT in good shape. It has HORRIBLE animation lag they STILL have not addressed!

Have you tried buying a new computer?

1209 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo