Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1209 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
196. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 16, 2012, 11:49 Fibrocyte

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:57:
Yifes wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:33:
They're not deceiving anyone. They're letting you know months in advance so you don't waste your money. You can either buy it and deal with it, or move the fuck on and stop bitching about it.
Actually, I can NOT buy it, AND bitch about it! Free speech is cool. I can tell others that Blizzard and the fanboys are full of shit when they say stuff about it being online only to prevent cheating. I can point out that you're at the mercy of their servers and your ISP if you want to play the game you paid for. I can at least help to inform some people about the problems. If they want to buy anyway, fine. That's their decision. My decision is to point out the crap that ActiBliz is peddling.

This is all very true. The trick to making it work is to ensure that the people receiving your message are stupid enough to agree.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

195. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 16, 2012, 11:47 Fibrocyte

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:36:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:15:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:13:
You really have no clue how Diablo 2 worked, do you?

It's pretty clear to me that Kowen does not understand the concept of Diablo's OFFLINE SP Mode at all.

I like his use of /facepalms and swears though, makes it all that much funnier when he just keeps digging that ignorance hole.

Ehhh... it's equally funny to see people complaining about a persistent connection requirement given where we are with technology today.

I get it. Some people are poor. Fine. You probably shouldn't be spending your money on video games anyway.

D3 is not a persistent connection game, it literally only plays on a blizzard server, you never host a game on your machine, you connect to a hosted game session on some b.net server, even if playing alone - that means you always have lag and delay if blizzard has crappy servers and you can not play if blizzard or you have an outage.

This has nothing to do with money.

You're right. I hadn't thought of Blizzard having crappy servers! They probably don't have the funds or past experience to do this right.

193. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 16, 2012, 11:42 Fibrocyte

Teddy wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:24:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:15:

Ehhh... it's equally funny to see people complaining about a persistent connection requirement given where we are with technology today.

I get it. Some people are poor. Fine. You probably shouldn't be spending your money on video games anyway.

It sure is a good thing you're here to tell everyone what they should or shouldn't be spending THEIR money on.

I see I rooted out one poor person.

141. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 20:15 Fibrocyte

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 20:13:
You really have no clue how Diablo 2 worked, do you?

It's pretty clear to me that Kowen does not understand the concept of Diablo's OFFLINE SP Mode at all.

I like his use of /facepalms and swears though, makes it all that much funnier when he just keeps digging that ignorance hole.

138. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 19:56 Fibrocyte

ASeven wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 19:09:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 19:08:
ASeven wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 18:30:
I played the D3 beta, I played Path of Exile. I'll stick with PoE, far more fun than the latest D3 beta and while it's online only at least it has the right price for such a scheme, FUCKING FREE.

That PoE was compared to D3 in terms of being online only and not looking into the fact that PoE has the right price for many of us who are opposed to online DRM because it's FUCKING FREE is laughable. Anyone who plays PoE over D3 doesn't have double standards, we do have working brains though because we're able to distinguish FREE from paid.

Such passion!

Nah, just plain common sense, something that's sorely lacking to some in this thread.

I'm not sure making a direct comparison between the two games is fair. That's why I plan on downloading PoE to give it a whirl.

134. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 19:08 Fibrocyte

ASeven wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 18:30:
I played the D3 beta, I played Path of Exile. I'll stick with PoE, far more fun than the latest D3 beta and while it's online only at least it has the right price for such a scheme, FUCKING FREE.

That PoE was compared to D3 in terms of being online only and not looking into the fact that PoE has the right price for many of us who are opposed to online DRM because it's FUCKING FREE is laughable. Anyone who plays PoE over D3 doesn't have double standards, we do have working brains though because we're able to distinguish FREE from paid.

Such passion!

News Comments > Yesterday Next Week
1. Re: Yesterday Next Week Mar 14, 2012, 11:34 Fibrocyte

Looks interesting. I may give it a go.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
32. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 13, 2012, 13:21 Fibrocyte

I may pick this up... I'd already have pre-ordered if that got me into beta today.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2012, 07:48 Fibrocyte

Good for Arizona.  

News Comments > Scrolls Will Be Scrolls
21. Re: Scrolls Will Be Scrolls Mar 11, 2012, 20:41 Fibrocyte

Efflixi wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 20:27:
Graham wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 19:45:
I don't suppose you could cite the source for $300k-$400k per day being pulled in, could you? 20,000 copies per day seems quite impressive, and I haven't heard anything of the sort from Notch or Mojang.

http://www.minecraft.net/stats

"13,288 people bought the game."

Jesus H. Macy

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 "Biggest Entertainment Launch of 2012"
26. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 10, 2012, 07:22 Fibrocyte

ASeven wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 06:46:
Possible spoilers:

http://i.imgur.com/plXNC.jpg

That's.... funny.

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
31. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 10, 2012, 07:19 Fibrocyte

Stolk wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 02:06:
Icewind wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 21:57:
I doubt anyone remembers, but back in the old B.net community, I remember when it was announced that Diablo 2 would have a PvP toggle and that you could only PK players who had it effectively "turned on" and everyone shit a brick in Ogden's Tavern.

Still cracks me up to this day. A lot of the old farts stayed in D1, thankfully. Or moved to Ultima Online.

Diablo 3 looks like shit more and more every day though. It's like an inferior version of Torchlight.

I'd rather get Torchlight 2 or Grim Dawn. Both are basically what the gaming public expected Diablo 3 to be anyway.

I've played Torchlight and I've played the D3 beta. It's a cute comment but if you think Diablo 3 is inferior to Torchlight then you haven't played Diablo 3. But then you know how Torchlight 2 plays without playing it. Boggle.

I agree. It's fine to be a Torchlight fan but let's not make absurd statements.

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
31. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 15:52 Fibrocyte

fujiJuice wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 15:28:
What is the story behind Milo and Kate? I feel like I am missing something.

It was all over the news. Kate was Milo's math teacher and they had a romantic relationship which was, of course, initiated by Kate. If you watch the video you can see there is a major age difference. Kate was found guilty and is now a registered sex offender; she'll be released from prison in late 2013.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 7, 2012, 13:24 Fibrocyte

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 11:41:
Well to start with, putting these guys in jail is probably a dumb thing to do. They should be employed to counter the chinese hackers who are far more lethal. Currently the government is doing a very poor job of protecting assets from the chinese.

You clearly didn't RTFA

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 7, 2012, 13:24 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 09:33:
Good to know that the FBI is spending months and months doing surveillance and tens of thousands of tax dollars to aprehend these deranged and dangerous criminals. They are the biggest threat to the existence of western civilization and should definitely be locked up for ever.

Yea... they should really just ignore these hackers and give them free reign on the internet to shutdown, destroy, and steal whatever they like.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2012, 13:12 Fibrocyte

SirKnight wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 09:51:
Google Play? LOL! What a stupid name. Android Market made a lot of sense and was obvious what it was. But hearing Google Play it's like...what? what's that? A music player or something?

Agree... wth

Ugh.

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial
9. Re: The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial Mar 7, 2012, 11:29 Fibrocyte

Ripperjack wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:02:
A friends trial offer, so soon after release? This game WILL go F2P within 6 months, if this keeps up. Then you can play your WoW with glow sticks for free, each month.

I realize you are trying to be witty and I have high hopes that you'll get there eventually.

15. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 11:01 Fibrocyte

coldcut wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 09:54:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 09:45:
Who?
Fail.

It's sarcasm... Speechless

3. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 09:45 Fibrocyte

Who?  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play Dropped
11. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play Dropped Mar 6, 2012, 14:42 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 14:09:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 13:23:
Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 13:13:
It's entirely a controller issue. MS and Sony have tried this too and to their great surprise *gasp* the console people always get utterly destroyed by PC players. So that's really not a whole lot of fun for them. So there's really no point in cross-platform play.

So why don't they come out and say it, then? What do they have to lose by telling the truth?

EDIT: If it were as simple as "PC players destroy all non-PC players" then they could simply add multiple server types: pure-console, pure-PC, mixed.

They have a lot to lose because they're admitting it's an inferior platform all around. For gameplay, for graphics, etc. Not to mention you have to pay to multiplay on the Xbox. You are seriously on a considerable amount of drugs if you think console players with controllers can compete with PC players.

I know that most PC players have an advantage over most console players. That's not the point.

If they came out and said "we're dropping cross platform support because we've observed that PC players have an advantage over console players" then they wouldn't lose a single sale. This isn't news to anyone.

So I'm just wondering if you have any good reasons for your theory, or if you're just console bashing to fit in with the Blues community?

1209 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo