Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1252 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
82. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 9, 2012, 05:27 Fibrocyte

hb3d wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 03:11:
Dev wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 23:09:
Edit: I'm not sure steam allows a credit card to purchase on more than 1 account.
Valve doesn't admit this on its support website, but the limit is two Steam accounts with the same credit card. On any subsequent accounts you will immediately receive a generic denial message that your credit card is over the limit even when the card is not actually over the limit. Calling your credit card company will confirm this. By the way this limit also proves that Valve stores and tracks credit cards indefinitely as it doesn't matter how much time has transpired between purchase attempts with the same card. It also doesn't matter if you don't check the option box to remember the credit card information for the account. If you try to use a single credit card for purchases on more than two accounts, it will be automatically denied.
killer_roach wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 01:39:
PayPal, maybe?
I never tried it with PayPal. I assume the limit would still be two Steam accounts to the same payment method though.

For comparison's sake Amazon has no such limit on its accounts for digital media, software, and games. You can have as many accounts as you want all using the same credit card.

I have 3 steam accounts. One for me, one for each of my kids. I use the same CC across the board and have never had problems. Sometimes I use PayPal, too, and that has never been an issue either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
69. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 20:42 Fibrocyte

The amount of bitching over this service is mind numbing.  

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailer, Experiment
4. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailer, Experiment Aug 8, 2012, 06:46 Fibrocyte

space captain wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 21:19:
they should have just rebooted tetris instead

btw, all projects thematically derived from "the most dangerous game" type scenarios must include Ice-T in some form, in order to retain any modicum of legitimacy. this is of course due to his mastery of that character portrayal

It is called "Surviving The Game" and I just started watching it last night.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today
27. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 2, 2012, 16:12 Fibrocyte

Any chance of me trying this game before paying for it?

This worked nicely for Secret World as I knew within an hour that I had no interest in that game.

I suspect I'll like GW2.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
46. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 30, 2012, 19:55 Fibrocyte

I'd love to play Day-Z -- my son plays it and I watch him. It looks like fun and we'll enjoy playing together.

However - I need a sale. I'm not dropping 29.99 on ARMA-2.

(Yes, I know I missed the steam summer sale)

News Comments > Castle Story Kickstarter
20. Re: Castle Story Kickstarter Jul 29, 2012, 10:04 Fibrocyte

netnerd85 wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 15:29:
J wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 14:55:
Perhaps, unlike Minecraft, it'll feel finished?
It's easier to "finish" a game that isn't as open or doesn't have any where near the same amount of features and functionality as Minecraft.

True. They could go Notch's route: Rake in millions of dollars from selling the shitty alpha/beta versions of the game while developing at a sluggish rate, then use that shyster-earned money to bulk up the development team post-release and THEN start adding in features that make the game slightly less boring.

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found?
31. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 21:21 Fibrocyte

Prez wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 17:29:
EDIT: I just realized I posted in a Diablo 3 thread without saying anything bad about it or Actiblizz. To right that wrong let me say I find it hysterical that a game that was made online only because it would eliminate hacking has an official Hack Report Form on the Blizzard website. LMAO!

Online-only is used to prevent hacking within the game. Your user account can still be hacked, hence the form on the website.

Online-only will never and never was intended to prevent exploiting the built-in game functionality (such as the recent exploits being so very newsworthy lately).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2012, 16:20 Fibrocyte

nin wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 16:13:
Julio wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 16:05:
The Batman movie was mediocre...overly long, lacking much of a plot and the plot that was there was completely predictable with no surprises.

I'd wait for it to hit Redbox.

I wouldn't call it mediocre, but the pacing felt off to me. While I realize this is Bruce Wayne's story, it felt like too much time was spent there (S: The whole "Bruce goes to prison" piece ran waaay too long, and felt like it was just a way for him to have something to do for a bit), and not enough of Batman kicking everyones ass...

As an end to a trilogy, it was ok (and I appreciated how it tied into the first one), but by itself, I felt it was easily the weakest of the three.

I enjoyed this one. Something did feel off, maybe it was just too much Nolan+Batman and felt like more of the same stuff we got in the first 2 movies.

However, I really enjoyed Bane. I felt he was a good villain and his voice was excellent.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2012, 16:14 Fibrocyte

Yakubs wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 11:13:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 11:03:
Too bad, without the shooting it looks like TDKR might have set the record for a release weekend.

That's bullshit. An excuse that studio suits would use to cover their asses.

You're right -- it had zero impact.

Were you born in your fantasy world or did you walk through a magical portal to get there?

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
10. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Jul 24, 2012, 16:10 Fibrocyte

The game engine just 'feels' bad - and that ruins any game.

From what I read in general chat, there are some major graphics/animation bugs that need to be resolved soon.

Otherwise, the concepts in the game are pretty cool. The skill tree looks like a clusterf*ck at first, but isn't bad at all.

Other that that, there are certainly aspects of this game that feel clunky but I hope those will be resolved by release.

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
59. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 24, 2012, 07:41 Fibrocyte

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 01:39:
flechett3 wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 01:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 18:07:
Yeah because Hellgate London worked out so well. Oh wait.

I ordered a copy online to be delivered on release. Somehow, I would up with 2 copies. I still have an unboxed still-in-shrink-wrap copy of Hellgate. I really wanted to like the game, because I loved the concept and I knew Roper had his mitts in it. Still kinda bummed that more people aren't investing in the action-rpg genre. It seems like it's all story driven (Mass Effect series/Dragon Age series) or the combat isn't real-time. So few games now give you the thrill of new amazing loot swarming over you while you cut a swath of death through the overwhelming numbers of bad guys...

Seems like there's plenty of ARPGs coming out now though. Torchlight 2, Path of Exile, Bordlands 2, Krater, Grim Dawn, and I think I'm leaving a couple out still...

I've preordered and played the PoE beta. Unless they make massive strides between now and release then that game will sink.

46. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated] Jul 23, 2012, 19:28 Fibrocyte

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 18:57:
Got all the classes to at least mid 40's and quit. I am very disappointed in this game, Blizzard blew it.

With hundreds of hours invested in the game, never saw one legendary item. 95% of the rares you find are only good for salvage. Tried playing with items I found, but when you are in the 40's and still finding gear in the low thirties...well it is not good.

Just horrible itemization. About the worst I have experienced in a game.

So who really cares if there are exploits, most of us quit the game weeks ago!

You may have quit sooner if you did find a legendary item. I ran across 3 legendaries and 2 set items in my many hours of D3 play. Not one of them was usable and not one of them sold for more than 50k on the AH.

31. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 23, 2012, 15:23 Fibrocyte

descender wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 14:04:
Serving text content and running an online gaming system are like, totally the same thing!

I see. So they shut down the "online gaming system" to defragment the graphics to maintain optimal framerates.

Thanks for your insight.

12. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 23, 2012, 12:54 Fibrocyte

I really enjoyed D3 when it was first released. I wasn't one of the ones bickering about the online DRM. However, I quickly hit a ceiling in Act1 of Inferno that would require me to switch from casually playing the game and farming items to intensely playing the game and farming items just to progress. While the gameplay is certainly fun, constant farming (with little to no forward movement) with nothing else to do in the game world becomes very boring.

Sadly, I think Blizzard will invest far less effort in resolving the replayability of D3 because it has no monthly subscription.

One other thought: They regularly take BNET offline for hours on end for 'scheduled maintenance'. It is a little mind boggling how they can do this - weekly - considering how most online service providers strive for five 9's of availability or higher. The issue is Blizzard has no SLA commitment to their customers. I can't imagine what they're doing during that maintenance window.

6. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 23, 2012, 12:08 Fibrocyte

What does online DRM have to do with an exploit that is reproducible via a repeated sequence of spells? They're not using a 3rd-party hack or anything else.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
137. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 10:32 Fibrocyte

I'm enjoying Legend of Grimrock and will play it through. Still on the fence about Warlock. I'm downloading that demo now and will give it a go.  

50. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:43 Fibrocyte

Trevellian wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:26:
I find it sad that Grimlock is such an amazing game and some of you didn't even think it was worth the already cheap 15 bucks. Shame.

Hmm... I've been playing it for about 30 minutes and while it is good, it certainly is simple. Very much like The Bard's Tale, which is great.

But to say it's worth $15.... that's debatable. At the current sale price it's definitely worth it, though.

8. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:00 Fibrocyte

mch wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:52:
Woohoo Legend of Grimrock!

Is it any good? I'm considering it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 12, 2012, 12:36 Fibrocyte

Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 10:59:
Honestly it seems pretty damn reasonable. I very rarely go over 250GB and when I do it's not by a huge amount. Comcast is going to upgrade that to 300GB... The first three times I go over that there's no charge, and then when I do go over it there's only a $10 charge when I go over by 50GB.

Those are some pretty soft rules and I imagine they're doing so because existing policy would go from being very soft (non-existent) to shutting down your service for egregious and repeat offenses. This is better.

Of course the downside is the precedent itself. As we become more and more data intensive Comcast will have to raise the cap to stay reasonable and that's going to be hard for them to do when they're making more and more off of overages.

Speak for yourself. We're 12 days into July and I'm already at 177GB for the month just from the family streaming video on our Rokus.

News Comments > The Secret World Content Plans
21. Re: The Secret World Content Plans Jul 11, 2012, 17:23 Fibrocyte

Nomaar wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 16:35:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 16:24:
Nomaar wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 12:11:
Well I'm loving it so far. Immersive, detailed world; deep storyline and lore; free-form character development that does away with cookie-cutter levels and builds; lots of quests that make you use your brain. What more could you ask for?

If anyone is interested in trying it, I have one 24-hour buddy pass at my disposal. First poster gets it. I'll need your e-mail address.

Nomaar: I'll take it! fibrocyte@gmail.com

OK, you should be getting it shortly.

Thanks! I got it and am downloading the client, now.

1252 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo