Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1248 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 30, 2012, 08:53 Fibrocyte

nin wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 08:31:
Hopefully the remake involves gamepad support...

The PC version didnt have gamepad support? I vaguely recall trying the game (did I buy it or is there a demo? who knows...).

Anyhow, the controls seemed simplistic enough that I can probably plug in my PS3 controller and use a MotionJoy profile to trick the game into thinking that I'm using a keyboard. I'll have to give it a try.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
83. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 29, 2012, 08:51 Fibrocyte

How does one join the Bluesnews guild? I messaged "Waxx" last night with no response. TIA.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 27, 2012, 17:54 Fibrocyte

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 15:56:
It could be that I am paranoid but I can't quite bring myself to trust my data, and access to it, to a third party who has unconditional access and control over the storage medium and I don't. That just screams to me of a security breach waiting to happen.

So someone breaches amazon (improbable but not impossible) and they gain access to your movies, mp3s, and so on. Do you really care? Why? Worst case is amazon has to restore from backup. I guarantee they have a solid disaster recovery plan in place.

For vital documents (tax info, payroll info, offer letters, etc) I can understand your reluctance so for those things you just find a alternative solution.

News Comments > Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week
16. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 19:54 Fibrocyte

Sometimes this News site feels like a Not News site.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 25, 2012, 18:03 Fibrocyte

LittleMe wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 17:53:
heroin wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 16:11:
So far its way better than D3 or The Old Republic, so I am happy to not be disappointed for once in a long time. *cut*

I played The Old Republic for two weeks, I kept wondering if I liked the game and kept pushing myself to play it. It had no soul and it was really boring through and through. I can tell I like GW Two a lot just from playing it for four hours. The world looks great, the combat feels good and the events are organic and a lot of fun.

For $60? Its absolutely worth it.

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 16:49:
Hated Guild Wars 1, loving Guild Wars 2.

Very much agreeing with both of you. GW2 is worth every penny of 60 bucks for fans of the genre. It feels like a polished MMO that's been out for a while.

Guild Wars 2 longplay - starting gameplay & basics - combat, user interface, quests, skills, etc

Is that your video, LittleMe?

Also, Half-Elf, which server are you playing on?

News Comments > Chaos Chronicles Blog
2. Re: Chaos Chronicles Blog Aug 24, 2012, 14:56 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 13:57:
This looks like it has the potential to be really good. Let's cross our fingers.

How about you cross your own fingers and I'll cross mine?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads Aug 23, 2012, 10:35 Fibrocyte

Do purchased copies get a buddy pass of some kind? I'd love to give this a try but after the past few MMO flops I'm hesitant to just drop $$ on another one. I've heard too many mixed opinions on GW2 to know for sure if its a purchase or not.  

PC Gaming > Guild Wars 2 Guild
7. No subject Aug 23, 2012, 10:30 Fibrocyte

So then we're all in agreement? Separate servers for everyone!

If I end up purchasing GW2 I'll post my server here. Can guilds span servers or are we SOL if everyone splits apart?

News Comments > WoW Adding All Race Access
22. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 18:08 Fibrocyte

Luke wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 12:23:
Or score some good numbers for the stockholders/buyers of blizzi....
so lets lure those former wow players back with this...

You do realize they are running a business, right?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2012, 16:19 Fibrocyte

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 13:18:
Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 11:20:
Bill Borre wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 09:37:
so i woke up this morning and got myself a beer

Stay classy, space captain.

The quote is from a Doors tune. The following line is "The future's uncertain...the end is always near..."

I guess you're not old enough to get the reference.

Don't be silly - I'm old enough and I know who the Doors are. However, I never was a druggy so I'm not intimately familiar with their lyrics.

So you have to be a druggie to know a Doors song? Riiiight.

I'm glad we're in agreement.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2012, 11:20 Fibrocyte

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 09:37:

The quote is from a Doors tune. The following line is "The future's uncertain...the end is always near..."

I guess you're not old enough to get the reference.

Don't be silly - I'm old enough and I know who the Doors are. However, I never was a druggy so I'm not intimately familiar with their lyrics.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2012, 07:32 Fibrocyte

space captain wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 16:20:

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Multiplayer Support
7. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Multiplayer Support Aug 10, 2012, 15:46 Fibrocyte

Beamer wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 15:27:
The most popular cellphone games work like this.

Name five.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 10, 2012, 07:45 Fibrocyte

Blizzard is not the company it once was, and Diablo-3 - while it did awesome in sales - was a huge disappointment overall. Still, that timeline is damn impressive.

If Titan is a flop or just a mediocre product then I'll likely stop caring about future Blizzard releases.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 9, 2012, 06:23 Fibrocyte

Prez wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 06:22:
For the life of me I can't figure out why people buy Madden games each and every year. My next-door neighbor owns every one for the last millennium it seems. Not being one who has every team's roster memorized, if he puts any of the last 8 or so in his X-Box, I'm hard-pressed to know he's even playing a different game. At least the Call of Duty games of recent years have some different maps; the gridiron is still a gridiron in 1960 or 2013. It just baffles me.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but football fans are typically violent and stupid.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 9, 2012, 06:05 Fibrocyte

Spectre-7 wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 20:56:
Regarding the [sic], there are some excellent recent articles on the supposed plural nature of the word data.

The Data Is In, pt. 1

The Data Is In, pt. 2

Its irregularity is entirely artificial, and there’s no purpose for it except a misguided loyalty to the word’s Latin roots.

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
82. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 9, 2012, 05:27 Fibrocyte

hb3d wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 03:11:
Dev wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 23:09:
Edit: I'm not sure steam allows a credit card to purchase on more than 1 account.
Valve doesn't admit this on its support website, but the limit is two Steam accounts with the same credit card. On any subsequent accounts you will immediately receive a generic denial message that your credit card is over the limit even when the card is not actually over the limit. Calling your credit card company will confirm this. By the way this limit also proves that Valve stores and tracks credit cards indefinitely as it doesn't matter how much time has transpired between purchase attempts with the same card. It also doesn't matter if you don't check the option box to remember the credit card information for the account. If you try to use a single credit card for purchases on more than two accounts, it will be automatically denied.
killer_roach wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 01:39:
PayPal, maybe?
I never tried it with PayPal. I assume the limit would still be two Steam accounts to the same payment method though.

For comparison's sake Amazon has no such limit on its accounts for digital media, software, and games. You can have as many accounts as you want all using the same credit card.

I have 3 steam accounts. One for me, one for each of my kids. I use the same CC across the board and have never had problems. Sometimes I use PayPal, too, and that has never been an issue either.

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
69. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 20:42 Fibrocyte

The amount of bitching over this service is mind numbing.  

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailer, Experiment
4. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailer, Experiment Aug 8, 2012, 06:46 Fibrocyte

space captain wrote on Aug 7, 2012, 21:19:
they should have just rebooted tetris instead

btw, all projects thematically derived from "the most dangerous game" type scenarios must include Ice-T in some form, in order to retain any modicum of legitimacy. this is of course due to his mastery of that character portrayal

It is called "Surviving The Game" and I just started watching it last night.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today
27. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 2, 2012, 16:12 Fibrocyte

Any chance of me trying this game before paying for it?

This worked nicely for Secret World as I knew within an hour that I had no interest in that game.

I suspect I'll like GW2.

1248 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo