Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1255 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades
9. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 19:34 Fibrocyte

ASeven wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 19:18:
Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 18:08:
ASeven wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 16:08:
One of those rare true PC games through and through. Anyone who loves class-based MP games will love this game instantly. Nice to see the pre-order climbing the Steam charts as well.

How do you know this? I played NS1 and it was awesome, but that was *10 years ago* and it was a mod. This is a full on game and I've seen several sequels completely flop.

I'm genuinely asking how you know ppl will love this - have you played the beta or something?

Yes, been playing the alpha/beta for a couple of years now. It is a great, awesome game with a strong community already. It's the kind of game you don't see anymore, something quite innovative.

Very cool - thanks for the responses. If it is anything like NS1 then I'm going to love it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades
6. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 18:08 Fibrocyte

ASeven wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 16:08:
One of those rare true PC games through and through. Anyone who loves class-based MP games will love this game instantly. Nice to see the pre-order climbing the Steam charts as well.

How do you know this? I played NS1 and it was awesome, but that was *10 years ago* and it was a mod. This is a full on game and I've seen several sequels completely flop.

I'm genuinely asking how you know ppl will love this - have you played the beta or something?

News Comments > Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans
24. Re: Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans Sep 5, 2012, 18:04 Fibrocyte

*shrug* I was a fan of D3 when it was released and enjoyed it. However, I eventually hit the inferno wall that the majority of players also hit and have since moved on to other games. GW2 is my game of choice right now and when I'm bored with that I'm going to give TL2 a try. My guess is TL2 will make me never think of D3 again (and that's sad).  

News Comments > More on Valve's Hardware Plans
7. Re: More on Valve's Hardware Plans Sep 4, 2012, 11:16 Fibrocyte

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 10:58:
Their bread is buttered in the computer hardware space? Uh, pretty sure that isn't true.

I don't think that's what he's saying. He's saying their bread and butter is game/app sales and content delivery when in the past it was game development.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
24. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 2, 2012, 19:01 Fibrocyte

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 18:15:
Hmm, last time I checked this was a thread about the status report of the game, not your opinion of wether you liked it or not.

Nor is it about whether or not you like our comments... <3

21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 2, 2012, 17:52 Fibrocyte

I use guildwars2forums.com for my forums resource. I only spend time in the profession forums to learn a little more about the professions - everything else (such as the general forum) is irrelevant to me. Plus, these forums have enough traffic to contain the information I'm looking for.  

20. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 2, 2012, 17:45 Fibrocyte

Will wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 14:27:
Wanted to buy it.. but all the mmos before it that failed held me off.. looks like it was the right thing to do.

How did you come to this conclusion? The game is very good.

In addition, it has no monthly fee. I've put in enough GW2 hours that if I stopped playing tomorrow for some odd reason I'd still be satisfied with the purchase.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 30, 2012, 08:53 Fibrocyte

nin wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 08:31:
Hopefully the remake involves gamepad support...

The PC version didnt have gamepad support? I vaguely recall trying the game (did I buy it or is there a demo? who knows...).

Anyhow, the controls seemed simplistic enough that I can probably plug in my PS3 controller and use a MotionJoy profile to trick the game into thinking that I'm using a keyboard. I'll have to give it a try.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
83. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 29, 2012, 08:51 Fibrocyte

How does one join the Bluesnews guild? I messaged "Waxx" last night with no response. TIA.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 27, 2012, 17:54 Fibrocyte

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 15:56:
It could be that I am paranoid but I can't quite bring myself to trust my data, and access to it, to a third party who has unconditional access and control over the storage medium and I don't. That just screams to me of a security breach waiting to happen.

So someone breaches amazon (improbable but not impossible) and they gain access to your movies, mp3s, and so on. Do you really care? Why? Worst case is amazon has to restore from backup. I guarantee they have a solid disaster recovery plan in place.

For vital documents (tax info, payroll info, offer letters, etc) I can understand your reluctance so for those things you just find a alternative solution.

News Comments > Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week
16. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 19:54 Fibrocyte

Sometimes this News site feels like a Not News site.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 25, 2012, 18:03 Fibrocyte

LittleMe wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 17:53:
heroin wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 16:11:
So far its way better than D3 or The Old Republic, so I am happy to not be disappointed for once in a long time. *cut*

I played The Old Republic for two weeks, I kept wondering if I liked the game and kept pushing myself to play it. It had no soul and it was really boring through and through. I can tell I like GW Two a lot just from playing it for four hours. The world looks great, the combat feels good and the events are organic and a lot of fun.

For $60? Its absolutely worth it.

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 16:49:
Hated Guild Wars 1, loving Guild Wars 2.

Very much agreeing with both of you. GW2 is worth every penny of 60 bucks for fans of the genre. It feels like a polished MMO that's been out for a while.

Guild Wars 2 longplay - starting gameplay & basics - combat, user interface, quests, skills, etc

Is that your video, LittleMe?

Also, Half-Elf, which server are you playing on?

News Comments > Chaos Chronicles Blog
2. Re: Chaos Chronicles Blog Aug 24, 2012, 14:56 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 13:57:
This looks like it has the potential to be really good. Let's cross our fingers.

How about you cross your own fingers and I'll cross mine?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads Aug 23, 2012, 10:35 Fibrocyte

Do purchased copies get a buddy pass of some kind? I'd love to give this a try but after the past few MMO flops I'm hesitant to just drop $$ on another one. I've heard too many mixed opinions on GW2 to know for sure if its a purchase or not.  

PC Gaming > Guild Wars 2 Guild
7. No subject Aug 23, 2012, 10:30 Fibrocyte

So then we're all in agreement? Separate servers for everyone!

If I end up purchasing GW2 I'll post my server here. Can guilds span servers or are we SOL if everyone splits apart?

News Comments > WoW Adding All Race Access
22. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 18:08 Fibrocyte

Luke wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 12:23:
Or score some good numbers for the stockholders/buyers of blizzi....
so lets lure those former wow players back with this...

You do realize they are running a business, right?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2012, 16:19 Fibrocyte

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 13:18:
Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 11:20:
Bill Borre wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 09:37:
so i woke up this morning and got myself a beer

Stay classy, space captain.

The quote is from a Doors tune. The following line is "The future's uncertain...the end is always near..."

I guess you're not old enough to get the reference.

Don't be silly - I'm old enough and I know who the Doors are. However, I never was a druggy so I'm not intimately familiar with their lyrics.

So you have to be a druggie to know a Doors song? Riiiight.

I'm glad we're in agreement.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2012, 11:20 Fibrocyte

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 09:37:

The quote is from a Doors tune. The following line is "The future's uncertain...the end is always near..."

I guess you're not old enough to get the reference.

Don't be silly - I'm old enough and I know who the Doors are. However, I never was a druggy so I'm not intimately familiar with their lyrics.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2012, 07:32 Fibrocyte

space captain wrote on Aug 11, 2012, 16:20:

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Multiplayer Support
7. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Multiplayer Support Aug 10, 2012, 15:46 Fibrocyte

Beamer wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 15:27:
The most popular cellphone games work like this.

Name five.

1255 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo