Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1254 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > League of Legends Soars
18. Re: League of Legends Soars Oct 12, 2012, 18:33 Fibrocyte

I played the heck out of LoL - it is a good game with a pretty awful community.

Business Insider has their yearly revenue estimated at $25 Million for 2010. They released in 2009. There is no way in hell that they are now pulling in $5 Million per day.

My guess: "Ngmoco GM and free-to-play expert Ben Cousins" is notsomuch of an expert afterall. I found an article where he says consoles are dying.

Why can't people realize that PC gaming, console gaming, and mobile gaming can and will co-exist together?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch
31. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch Oct 12, 2012, 09:09 Fibrocyte

Yes, although I would rate the voiceovers and FMV as average (far from terrible). I play a game like this primarily for the mechanics, not the visuals/audio.

Also, it is not easy. If you minimize your reloads because you made a mistake then the game is really quite challenging and entertaining.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch
25. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch Oct 12, 2012, 05:23 Fibrocyte

1. It looks like countries don't leave xcom funding until the end of the month, so if you have the opportunity, use your satellite before the end of the month.

This is great. I've had so many countries leave xcom because I couldn't get satellites up fast enough - I eventually started over. I'll still have that issue but this will slow it down. I assume there's no "perfect game" where you can prevent all countries from dropping before the end.

Edit: They also changed the default QuickSave key from F12 to F10. Now I won't take a screenshot every time I quick save

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2012, 05:34.

News Comments > Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced
7. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 11:33 Fibrocyte

Word is that the game trailer has been in development at Robert's LA-based Cloud Imperium Games for the past year

FTFY.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2012, 06:34 Fibrocyte

It is unnecessary to replace the Start button in Windows 8 if you just give yourself a little time to adapt to the OS.

How simple some people are just blows my mind.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2012, 19:15 Fibrocyte

You put the "Brevity" link under "The Funnies" -- was that an accident?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 7, 2012, 07:03 Fibrocyte

DrEvil wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 02:26:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 18:20:
Gojo wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 15:30:
deqer wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 14:01:

I wonder if people knew about iPhones when buying galaxy phones.

I think people knew of iphones, but avoided them. ...
Just a theory.

Pretty much a fact. Consumers savvy enough to choose the Galaxy S III almost certainly know all about the iPhone (who doesn't?) I would wager the opposite is true however, that not all iPhone consumers know much about Android phones. Of course that's just my jaded opinion.

I agree and personally think that the S3 is an excellent device. I'm pretty sure that with a modded ROM it is the best phone available.

If it's screen didn't have that awful Pentile blue tinge, I might agree with you. The HTC One X has the better screen; so does an iPhone 4S+.

I've personally never noticed that, but maybe I will now.. jerk!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 6, 2012, 18:20 Fibrocyte

Gojo wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 15:30:
deqer wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 14:01:

I wonder if people knew about iPhones when buying galaxy phones.

I think people knew of iphones, but avoided them. ...
Just a theory.

Pretty much a fact. Consumers savvy enough to choose the Galaxy S III almost certainly know all about the iPhone (who doesn't?) I would wager the opposite is true however, that not all iPhone consumers know much about Android phones. Of course that's just my jaded opinion.

I agree and personally think that the S3 is an excellent device. I'm pretty sure that with a modded ROM it is the best phone available.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 3, 2012, 07:52 Fibrocyte

If only Apple could afford to hiring competent QA engineers and perform proper testing before each new release.  

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
5. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 27, 2012, 20:28 Fibrocyte

Meh, I purchased it since I own all the other xpacks. My wife likes WoW so we re-subbed to try MoP.

Honestly, it feels lack luster to both of us. It could be the xpack or it could be we're just done with WoW once and for all.

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
80. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 19:30 Fibrocyte

Windows 8 is actually quite good. It's stable and more responsive/smooth than Windows 7. I've had zero compatibility issues.

My only complaint is that more games/apps are metro-enabled so I can stop going to the traditional desktop.

Win8 is a different interface than previous versions of Windows. If you don't embrace that when you start using it then you're just going to end up spewing complaints all over the internet. However, if you actually give it a chance then you might actually like it.

News Comments > The Secret World Patched
3. Re: The Secret World Patched Sep 26, 2012, 13:41 Fibrocyte

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 13:24:
I'd like to know as well

What happened to your icon?

News Comments > The Secret World's New Game Director
6. Re: The Secret World's New Game Director Sep 24, 2012, 15:28 Fibrocyte

KS wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 15:23:
As City of Heroes is shutting down, I'm looking for something else, and TSW was one on the list. Layoffs and management shuffles after launch don't inspire me with confidence.

To be fair, you WERE playing City of Heroes which means you'll play just about anything...

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
1. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 10:24 Fibrocyte

Like my wife always tells me: "too little, too soon". What?  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
7. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Sep 19, 2012, 22:43 Fibrocyte

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:09:
deqer wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:02:
Had I known the game would turn out the way it did, I would not have bothered with it.
I don't like where the game has gotten to, but there's no way I could say that. I enjoyed the hell out of the first four years I played the game.

Of course, I agree with you. deqer's comment is beyond absurd.

News Comments > On The Secret World's F2P Potential
2. Re: On The Secret World's F2P Potential Sep 17, 2012, 13:15 Fibrocyte

I tried TSW on a 24-hour pass and was not impressed.

I have no problems with WoW's monthly subscription given the quality of the product, and so I'm still surprised that GW2 has no sub fee. I think they could have asked for some nominal amount, say $3/month, from their playerbase and not lost any players.

News Comments > Steam Beta Allows Custom Installation Locations
17. Re: Steam Beta Allows Custom Installation Locations Sep 12, 2012, 15:33 Fibrocyte

This was my only real complaint about steam... I'm glad to see they resolved it.  

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month
16. Re: Marvel Heroes Beta Next Month Sep 10, 2012, 08:51 Fibrocyte

One can only complain so much as it is going to be free.

I can see plenty of young people being interested in this as they're more comic book fans and less "control scheme" snobs.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 7, 2012, 13:02 Fibrocyte

I own the original Kindle Fire but I never use it because it is too small.

However, an 8.9" kindle is quite interesting. It's a nice, cheaper alternative to the pricey ipad.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades
9. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 19:34 Fibrocyte

ASeven wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 19:18:
Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 18:08:
ASeven wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 16:08:
One of those rare true PC games through and through. Anyone who loves class-based MP games will love this game instantly. Nice to see the pre-order climbing the Steam charts as well.

How do you know this? I played NS1 and it was awesome, but that was *10 years ago* and it was a mod. This is a full on game and I've seen several sequels completely flop.

I'm genuinely asking how you know ppl will love this - have you played the beta or something?

Yes, been playing the alpha/beta for a couple of years now. It is a great, awesome game with a strong community already. It's the kind of game you don't see anymore, something quite innovative.

Very cool - thanks for the responses. If it is anything like NS1 then I'm going to love it.

1254 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo