Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1254 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists
21. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 06:15 Fibrocyte

Ventura wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 05:42:
Apparently they've thrown Nuketown back into a new "fast-action playlist" in the Bonus category. It's called Chaos Moshpit, and it also has Carrier, Cargo, Express, Hijacked, Slums and Standoff in the rotation.

Predictably, most of those that have bagged Treyarch here won't post again once this news hits.

I found it there, too, just a short while ago and couldn't help but smile after all the BS posted in this thread.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 20, 2012, 04:43 Fibrocyte

mag wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 21:49:
Pacific Centre. Haha, what a goofy name.

Oh you...

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists
19. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 04:38 Fibrocyte

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 00:06:
So you go through all the trouble to build a MP map, and then you don't let people play it anymore?

Okay, so I guess it goes as follows:

1) Do what I described above.
2) ...
3) Profit!

I'm sure this makes sense to Bobby Cocktick. Undoubtedly they're planning on charging people 15 bucks to get the map back.

Creston

Read the info provided by Blue repeatedly until you fully understand it. Then you may make your comment.

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
138. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 11:17 Fibrocyte

DukeFNukem wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 11:10:
Zetler wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 10:52:
Right, we should fight Windows 8 because Steam is not a walled garden at all and represent freedom am I right folks? LOL. There's much irony in this.

No one is forcing you to download and use Steam. Windows 8 is stripping away freedom, choice, and power, in more ways than just one.

I don't understand why all the people who love Windows 8 don't just go out and buy themselves a tablet. What makes Windows 8 so much more compelling than Windows 7. "It boots faster". Okay, get a tablet. They boot even faster. "Its more secure". Ok, get a tablet. Its more secure than Windows 7. There is virtually no compelling reason for Windows 7 users to upgrade to Windows 8. Yet there are many reasons to avoid this catastrophe. The stripping away of choice, freedom, flexibility, and power are many of the reasons I will not even look at Windows 8 lest I begin puking.

"It boots faster." You keep saying that. Is that really the only advantage you're aware of? Hell, even in this cess pool of comments there are a few more called out.

All I'm saying in tone down your tantrum until you've educated yourself a little or you're going to end up looking as bad as ASeven.

135. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 10:51 Fibrocyte

ASeven wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 10:18:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:23:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:15:
ASeven wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 07:53:
I suppose there were apologists, fanbois and shills who defended WinME so seeing them do the same on Win8 is hardly surprising.

1/10 ... your mention of WinME gains you that one point.

Oh, and if you were being serious then you're incredibly obtuse.

Someone asking if that was serious or not, obviously is one of the guys he mentioned... lol

LOL! Oh Beaver... you're the wittiest!

How do they say it?...

Butthurt a lot, are you not?

How DO they say it, ASeven?? Do tell...

133. Re: hmmmm Nov 18, 2012, 09:58 Fibrocyte

DukeFNukem wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:47:
Shataan wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:36:
I game primarilly.

Is Win 8 optimized for PC gaming???? If not, I`ll stick with Win 7.

Vista arrived, I stuck with WinXP. No loss there. Ya know, I saw tons of peeps who didn`t like WinME. Dunno why. It was a system you could easilly tweak for performance. I had no problems with it at all.

Why not just buy a PS3 or an XBox console if you just want to play optimized video games. You can even surf the internet on each system unless I am mistaken. Why even bother with an operating system? Your gonna bring everybody else down with you who hates Windows 8 by purchasing it, which will send Microsoft the wrong message, so you can play video games?

Who gives a frogs fat ass if it "is" optimized for video games. I'll tell you what I know it "is" optimized for and that is "tablets". Game over.

My favorite part was the ending where you say "Game over."

131. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 09:39 Fibrocyte

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:36:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:28:
I suppose there were apologists, fanbois and shills who defended WinME so seeing them do the same on Win8 is hardly surprising.

Someone asking if that was serious or not, obviously is one of the guys he mentioned... lol

Thanks for confirming me!

Allthumbsup

127. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 09:29 Fibrocyte

Dev wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 09:22:

BTW, if you go look in previous win 8 threads, you CAN find at least one or two ppl who defend win ME as one of the best windows. They DO exist.

I don't doubt that at all. But to compare Win8 to the WinME debacle is asinine.

126. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 09:28 Fibrocyte

123. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 09:15 Fibrocyte

107. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 04:43 Fibrocyte

I've been running Win8 since it was released - It certainly seems like the superior OS to Win7 in just about every way (and Win7 was just fine).  

106. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 04:42 Fibrocyte

DukeFNukem wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 03:17:
noman wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 03:06:
Windows8 still has more changes compared to Windows7, than what Win7 had compared to Vista. The changes at kernel level are fairly substantial, and there are bunch of very useful new features (ISO mount, better SSD management, better printer stack, better network discovery, better desktop rendering with WDDM1.2, better alt-tab handling, better battery life on laptops, better AHCI support, native USB3, better file history feature, new storage space feature etc.) and it still takes less overall hardware resources than Win7.

Native ISO mount, seriously? Wow. It pains me to think what I have been missing out on all this time. So the Windows Media Center is gone by default but on the plus side I can still mount my DVD .ISOs. Sweet.

Uses less resources than Windows 7? Damn, imagine that. An operating system that was designed around and optimized for tablets using less system resources? Wonder if ripping out the Aero interface and replacing it with funky tiles had anything to do with that.

Most, if not all, of the features you mentioned regarding Windows 8 could have been implemented in a Windows 7 Service Pack. But that wouldn't make Microsoft very much money I guess.

But you forgot to mention my favorite reason that people quote for upgrading over Windows 7 in favor of Windows 8. "IT BOOTS FASTER!!!!!!! Ding, ding, ding ding. We have a winna!!!!" LOL.

Or my favorite reason that people quote for not upgrading to Windows 8 "I can't find my way around the new USER INTERFACE!!!" LOL.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 16:02 Fibrocyte

BTW, the guy may have been wrongfully charged (TBD), but he sort of deserved what he got for lacking the common sense not to do what he did.

Everyone knows the TSA rules by now and knows how they will react. If you still leave the house for the airport with that non-sense on your wrist then you deserve the harassment you get.

Of course, this may have been his plan all along. Maybe he designed a new watch (he's an artist) and wants to sell it. What better advertising then this crap?

Last thought: Who is to say he wasn't working with an accomplice?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2012, 14:56 Fibrocyte

"In it's totality , it didn't add up," Nelson said. "He was on a trip for work and he didn't have to check any bags. Everything didn't seem right. It didn't pass the smoke test." The bomb squad arrived within ten minutes after the 7:45 p.m. call and after examining McGann's watch, found no explosive materials present, Nelson said.

"He had every component to make a trigger mechanism," Nelson said. "Was it? No. But was everything there? Yes."

McGann was arrested under a section in the state's penal code that says that "a person who possesses any substance, material, or any combination of substances or materials, with the intent to make any destructive device or any explosive without first obtaining a valid permit to make that destructive device or explosive, is guilty of a felony."

I get it, he was extremely suspicious and should have been temporarily detained and questioned - no problem. But to charge him with "the intent to make any destructive device" is unjust. They don't know his intent. In addition, I always travel for work - usually for 1 week at a time and I never check bags.

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
53. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 17, 2012, 14:48 Fibrocyte

Dev wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 07:08:
Thats a great vid. He's trying to be funny, but he's also being completely honest as to how MTV (and by extension the music industry) views consumers. And he's one of the heads at MTV.

He's an [amateur] actor playing a head of MTV - maybe that's what you meant.

20. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 13:24 Fibrocyte

Prez wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 13:20:
I don't like the series very much either (though I do buy them when they are deeply discounted for the singleplayer when I'm in the mood for some brief "Michael Bay meets Terrorist Whack-a-Mole" action), but the pervasive attitude among hardcore gamers that anyone who buys the Call of Duty games every year are somehow less intelligent is crude. The game is as much of a cultural phenomenon as it is a game; it gets non-gamers gaming, just like WoW did. It really isn't some kind of profound statement on society or anything. Quite a few "hardcore gamers" can be caught playing the CoD games at any given time too.

How do I subscribe to your newsletter?

18. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 12:46 Fibrocyte

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 12:37:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 11:32:
What I hate is the amount of amazing titles that struggle or fail because people won't broaden their horizons beyond one or two yearly franchises.

I think a lot of Call of Duty's customers only buy a few games a year, actually. So why would they risk buying something that might disappoint them when they know they will enjoy CoD's MP for hundreds and hundreds of hours?

My wife's a middle school teacher, and a lot of the kids in her classes have been talking about the BLOPS2 launch, as it's typically the only game they get all year. (It's a school in a pretty poor, rural area.) It's not that hard to see why they'd stick with what they know. After all, I do the same in a restaurant.

Creston

This makes sense and so it has no place in the Bluesnews comment section. Honestly, why are you contradicting the sad narrow-minded opinions of Cutter, deqer, InBlack, and others with this perfectly sane logic?

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Patch Adds New Pets
6. Re: Torchlight 2 Patch Adds New Pets Nov 16, 2012, 09:03 Fibrocyte

This game is a lot like J. Howard Marshall: It came and went!  

News Comments > Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched
2. Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Patched Nov 16, 2012, 09:02 Fibrocyte

Ceribaen wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 04:20:
How is this?
I am interested in picking it up... just wondering what discount should wait for on Steam to make it worth it. Bit leery of it at full price due to its history.

Scoot over a bit. We're in the same boat.

News Comments > HISTORY Legends of War Announced
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2012, 05:44 Fibrocyte

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 04:38:
Rigs wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 02:39:
What a waste of #$%& time and resources...seriously, why do we have to have games that cover the same ground over and over and over again? How many freakin' FPS's have been about or started around D-Day? And this is coming from a WW2 fanatic! (Well, more the Pacific theater anyway, but still) It's obvious that anything associated with The Pawn Stars Chan...uh, I mean The Ice Ro...sorry, The HISTOWEE Chanel, is going to be an absolute disaster, so WhyTF bother? Argh...

Yea... I remember when I actually enjoyed the History Channel. It was back in the day when the only thing they aired that was color was their logo.

1254 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo