Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1209 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million
37. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million Nov 13, 2012, 04:30 Fibrocyte

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 22:09:
I think it's pretty much a given that, with an audience of millions, there are many, many more individuals creating content as mods for a game than the handful of official developers... Especially when they're also tasked with fixing bugs and implementing other features that the fans have asked for, such as better mod tools. If all they did was spend their time creating new "content" like arrows made out of every single material in the game or 7 more types of stairs/fences/doors, then people would complain that there were no major new features or other support.

I agree that Mojang has not done enough to support Minecraft based on how much money it brings in, but you have to keep in mind they are still a very small indie studio trying to manage a project that has exploded to AAA+ popularity, while still wanting to move on to making other games. The mods are out there, so rather than try to compete with them, they're focusing on doing things that modders can't...

Why do we have to keep in mind that they're an indie studio, exactly? They publish the numbers touting their success, but they can't spend a few hundred thousand annually to give back to the gamers who gave so much to them.

Instead, the gamers have to pickup the slack to make the game half decent while getting paid nothing at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million
26. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million Nov 12, 2012, 17:07 Fibrocyte

Shysters rejoice!  

News Comments > Descent Fan Remake
28. Re: Descent Fan Remake Nov 12, 2012, 05:24 Fibrocyte

Closed Betas wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 15:18:
somethings are better left as great memories in the back of my mind.. I think this will be one of them.

You might be right. I remember Descent being incredible when it was first released and I had a great time with it. I know I won't get that feeling back by touching any of the old Descents again.

I wish the fan team luck but I doubt they'll bring that feeling back.

News Comments > One More "Defining" Game for Molyneux
28. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 05:49 Fibrocyte

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 15:53:
He has already defined himself. Molyneux = 1 hit wonderboy,now irreverent. Ditto Carmack amd Romaro. Just

Carmack is an "irreverent one hit wonder"... what?

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
19. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 04:16 Fibrocyte

I have a Razer Naga MMO mouse running in Windows 8 and I never installed anything to get it to go. The side buttons work just fine, too.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 4, 2012, 20:22 Fibrocyte

nin wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 15:46:
Pretty cool that XCOM is doing so well. Wish Dishonored had more of a buzz going for it.

I heard Dishonored is very short. At $60, that must feel like a rip-off. I'll wait until it is less than $10, then I'll give it a try.

I second the Natural Select 2 comment - it is a must buy.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2012, 07:56 Fibrocyte

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 16:54:
Awesome - get to work 13 hours instead of 12 tonight.

Anyone see those "State of Decay" videos from Microsoft Studios? Looks like they took the Day Z idea and going to put it on xbox and pc next year. Not sure how I feel about that - was hoping Day Z guys would get their stuff together quickly and more stable.

I've been watching War Z -- I'll probably pick that up.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched
21. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 06:01 Fibrocyte

This game just... lacked something. I built up a super powerful character and eventually nothing was challenging. I was on the brink of beating it and then lost all interest.

Borderlands 2, on the other hand, gets GOTY from me. I'm on the brink of beating it and still want to run through it again and reach max level.

News Comments > City of Steam Closed Beta Next Month
8. Re: City of Steam Closed Beta Next Month Oct 29, 2012, 07:49 Fibrocyte

Andrew Woodruff wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 03:47:
As part of the dev team for City of Steam, I find it quite annoying to always hear "clone" thrown around so easily. CoS is our original IP, based of a series of pen&paper role-playing book penned by our Lead Designer, Dave Lindsay, titled The New Epoch.

You can also see 50+ Dev Journals detailing our development progress as well as polls and extras in the forum that have driven the design and outcome of the game.

I assure you CoS is quite different and very fun even in CBT. Grab yourself a key for CBT mid next month. We're an indie team and proud of our accomplishments. It will definitely redefine browser gaming.

I'm probably missing it, but how do I grab myself a key for CBT next month without paying? Sorry, but I've yet to see a browser-based game worth my investment. I like the concept and direction of CoS but I'll need to play a beta or demo before I pay.

Thanks!

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
12. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 28, 2012, 08:35 Fibrocyte

SectorEffector wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 07:06:
Stolk wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 21:18:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 18:28:
Who cares? It's a fucking phone. Now if it were the cure for cancer, or a suitcase nuke or something, that would be newsworthy. This is up there with celebrity "news".

Because tech news often includes a cure for cancer.

Let alone PC gaming for that matter....

Don't patronize him. He's absolutely right. News should only be reported when it pertains to a cure for cancer.

10. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 28, 2012, 06:49 Fibrocyte

TurdFergasun wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 16:53:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 13:51:
I'm guessing plenty of people leave their cell phones at bars. So why is it so hard to believe that someone carrying an unreleased phone may accidentally do the same? He/she was clearly consuming alcohol which increases their chances of making stupid mistakes.

because of how easy it is to track any smart/android phone. if you were a company interested in keeping it secret, it would be very easy to keep tabs on the location of each handset. it reeks of marketing's uncreative diddling.

Tracking the device has nothing to do with this. If the drunkard got drunk enough, he may not realize he left it - or be capable of retrieving it - until the next day.

All I'm saying is this shit happens very often but you're only going to hear about it when it's an unreleased device. Who cares if someone left their iPhone4 at a bar? No one. It just goes into lost and found.

3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 13:51 Fibrocyte

I'm guessing plenty of people leave their cell phones at bars. So why is it so hard to believe that someone carrying an unreleased phone may accidentally do the same? He/she was clearly consuming alcohol which increases their chances of making stupid mistakes.  

News Comments > 0x10c Multiplayer Footage
21. Re: 0x10c Multiplayer Footage Oct 26, 2012, 05:15 Fibrocyte

The graphics are two times better than minecraft. Notch must be evolving.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 19:53 Fibrocyte

jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 19:31:
One comment: I appreciate Brad coming here and answering questions, explaining the game and the rollout, etc. It's not easy to come into the lion's den with all that's gone on recently. And few employees of any company interact with forums in this way. It's much easier just to insulate yourself from your customers.

I want Stardock to be successful. Few game companies make games like this anymore. And I've really enjoyed the SD games I've owned: Galciv 2 and Sins. And I'll be picking E:FE up as well.

Hey Brad: think you could update your screen name from "draginol" to "Brad W"? I didn't realize it was you until I was prompted to check after your 3rd comment.

This is hardly the lion's den. It's a gathering of obtuse gamers who thrive off incessant whining.

News Comments > Quest for Glory Creators' New Kickstarter
12. Re: Quest for Glory Creators' New Kickstarter Oct 20, 2012, 06:29 Fibrocyte

The very first FAQ entry at the bottom of the page:

I see several different art styles in the video and project page. What will this game actually look like?
Hero-U will be a top-down, 2D, tiled game. The overhead view you can see for a few seconds in the video represents the perspective, but *not* the look of the final art. It is a first concept drawing. Key game scenes will also be represented by full painted backgrounds such as you see in the video and in the project description. Conversations and combat will use large animated characters on each side of the screen. We are using this approach because it will let us include the best story and game play, while staying within our budget limitations. If we meet stretch goals, we will increase the art budget and have more painted background scenes as well as more tile variations.

News Comments > League of Legends Soars
18. Re: League of Legends Soars Oct 12, 2012, 18:33 Fibrocyte

I played the heck out of LoL - it is a good game with a pretty awful community.

Business Insider has their yearly revenue estimated at $25 Million for 2010. They released in 2009. There is no way in hell that they are now pulling in $5 Million per day.

My guess: "Ngmoco GM and free-to-play expert Ben Cousins" is notsomuch of an expert afterall. I found an article where he says consoles are dying.

Why can't people realize that PC gaming, console gaming, and mobile gaming can and will co-exist together?

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch
31. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch Oct 12, 2012, 09:09 Fibrocyte

Yes, although I would rate the voiceovers and FMV as average (far from terrible). I play a game like this primarily for the mechanics, not the visuals/audio.

Also, it is not easy. If you minimize your reloads because you made a mistake then the game is really quite challenging and entertaining.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch
25. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Patch Oct 12, 2012, 05:23 Fibrocyte

1. It looks like countries don't leave xcom funding until the end of the month, so if you have the opportunity, use your satellite before the end of the month.

This is great. I've had so many countries leave xcom because I couldn't get satellites up fast enough - I eventually started over. I'll still have that issue but this will slow it down. I assume there's no "perfect game" where you can prevent all countries from dropping before the end.

Edit: They also changed the default QuickSave key from F12 to F10. Now I won't take a screenshot every time I quick save

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2012, 05:34.

News Comments > Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced
7. Re: Chris Roberts' Star Citizen Announced Oct 10, 2012, 11:33 Fibrocyte

Word is that the game trailer has been in development at Robert's LA-based Cloud Imperium Games for the past year

FTFY.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2012, 06:34 Fibrocyte

It is unnecessary to replace the Start button in Windows 8 if you just give yourself a little time to adapt to the OS.

How simple some people are just blows my mind.

1209 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo