Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1252 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Painful Memories DLC Next Week
11. Re: Max Payne 3 Painful Memories DLC Next Week Nov 27, 2012, 09:50 Fibrocyte

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 07:48:
The cutscenes were grossly excessive and those that were pre-rendered were of such pathetically low quality that I actually thought the game was broken when I first played it. When you play at 2560x1600 and maxed out graphics and you're thrown into a cutscene at 1280x720 (if that - I'm really not sure) with low quality settings and no anti-aliasing then you REALLY notice the change. That and the gameplay gets a bit tedious at points.

I'll get around to completing it at some point but the reviews were overly generous. The Metacritic user score tells you the real story.

Meh, I didn't mind the cut scenes. I liked Max's narrative for the most part. If you're not into what he's saying and what is happening in the story/max's past then I can see how the cut scenes can be a nuisance.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed
18. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 27, 2012, 09:48 Fibrocyte

Zyrxil wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 09:34:
A sequel already? Weren't they just talking about an expansion DLC? Maybe it was extra-expanded into a sequel I guess.

Fantaz wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 19:29:
This game is highly overrated... hell, I can make a game like this if i wanted to all by myself (without the music of course).

So do it. I feel like complaints about the success of relatively simple games to be like complaining about modern art because you don't really understand it. 'Wtf, Pollock is just throwing paint at canvas, I could do that.' The whole is more than the sum of its part- they put HM together and made the whole package work very very well. Without the music HM would be nowhere near as satisfying to play.

All good points. Not to mention it was made by only 2 guys (excluding the music, of course), really.

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2012, 04:43 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:55:
How could you not immediately clue in? I'd know it was a prank instantly.

Brazil is a very religious country. It is primarily religion that is going to let you believe in bullshit like that.

Still, it was a fun prank.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 04:31 Fibrocyte

Amazon.com has Dead Island GOTY Edition for $6.79 (66% off).

I haven't played this, so I'm unsure if it is good.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Painful Memories DLC Next Week
9. Re: Max Payne 3 Painful Memories DLC Next Week Nov 27, 2012, 04:29 Fibrocyte

I played through single-player and just beat this 2 days ago. It was fun - the cover system didn't bother me.

I experienced a hang during a cut scene. I left it there and took my daughter to school - when I returned it had progressed. Just FYI.

It is sad, however, that they only release MP DLC. I wouldn't want to play MP3 against others.

News Comments > Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed
16. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 27, 2012, 04:22 Fibrocyte

This game is awesome. I just beat it last night. The story, the gameplay, and especially the music are all excellent. They even ported it to mac - good for them.

I will buy the sequel when it is released.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Patch
5. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 14:08 Fibrocyte

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 11:46:
The one and only thing I absolutely DETEST about this game is the completely utterly total shitty crappy aiming system for guns. So you are master assassin but you can't aim at a barrel that 3 guards stand next to (game lets the aim snap to the guards, always, there is literally no way to aim at explosive barrels when the enemy stands near them, you have to aim at them ahead of time..)

Besides that, awesome game. Also just for the record, the naval battles are awesome, stunning, visceral. And thankfully, not needlessly realistic.

Interesting... I heard this game is the worst one of the series. I'll have to investigate more before I grab it for my son for xmas.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Video
6. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Video Nov 22, 2012, 16:42 Fibrocyte

Icewind wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 11:02:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 08:41:
I've played Divine Divinity and loved it.

It looks like Divinity 2: Director's Cut is the latest installment in the series -- is it any good?

I played both Divinity 2 when it came out and Divinity 2's expansion as well, and since Director's cut is simply both of those shipped together with a dev console thrown in, I'd have to say that it's one of the best deals you can buy in the action RPG genre right now.

It's light on story, but there is a fairly long quest with some tough combat and challenging boss fights if you're into that thing. Some of the locales are constantly recycled though, but not on Dragon Age 2's scale.

Overall it's not as good as Divinity 1, but it's a solid ARPG that should keep you busy for a month.

Thanks for the info! I'll probably pick it up.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Video
4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Video Nov 22, 2012, 08:41 Fibrocyte

I've played Divine Divinity and loved it.

It looks like Divinity 2: Director's Cut is the latest installment in the series -- is it any good?

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter
24. Re: Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter Nov 21, 2012, 18:41 Fibrocyte

I was going to make a joke about the picture of the 22cans team. I was going to say they could rename it "2cans" because there is only one female in the entire company. Then I found the other female and screamed.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
42. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 18:40 Fibrocyte

mistell  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
6. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 16:43 Fibrocyte

Hmm... I grabbed Krater for $5. The critic reviews aren't stellar but apparently they've patched the hell out of the game since release and even added coop. The user reviews are much more favorable.  

26. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 08:54 Fibrocyte

Trevellian wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 08:49:
Only 13 members of my Outfit were able to get downloaded (Due to connection speed/when they got of work, not due to server issues) and connected last night. But even with 13 people we were able to run some pretty damaging Ops.

We had 2 hour long massive battles inside of Bio Labs (Probably the hardest base to siege) One was Defense, One was Offense. Both were amazingly fun battles. We had some other great skirmishes against enemy squads over outposts and such when we were trying to hold a few outposts that gave us Influence to 2 bases trying to help the zerg out.

We had time to run some vehicles as well. We ran a 3 Liberator bomber squadron with Skyguard cover on the ground which mopped up a lot of kills. We also managed to get a 6 Prowler tank column rolling with a Sundy Ammo dispenser running support that pushed front lines quite a bit.

Those of you having issues dropping in or Deploying to hotspots this is your issue with the game. You are what those of us who run dedicated Outfits/Squads call "Fodder" We let the Zerg run the frontline while we run ops on outlying Outposts to create Influence and opportunity. This is a Team Game in every sense of the word. Planetside was designed around Outfits/Clans in mind, not Lone Wolf players. Sure you can Lone Wolf in a base fight and do alright, but if you really want to enjoy the full potential of the game you need to be in a dedicated outfit.

This is probably the way to do it - with a group you know.

However, just jumping in to play was quite boring (yes, I found the action quickly).

I don't think I care much for the engine either. I can see why some would like this game but it certainly isn't for me.

21. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 07:18 Fibrocyte

NKD wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 03:49:
InBlack wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 03:20:
Definitely a hard game to get into, not for the "ME ME ME ME!" generation. Very steep learning curve. If you were born after 1990 then this game is probably not for you....

Once you do get into it its actually fantastic, the only thing that was lacking in the beta was a large server population.

Hopefully that will be alieviated now that the game has gone live, time to jump back into it.

Yup, not really an easy-mode game, nor a game for need-to-leave-the-gene-pool COD players. There's no logging on for 30 minutes, killing a few people, calling them gingers and/or fags and logging off. At least not if you want to have any fun or accomplish anything. You have to be working with a lot of other players to do anything. But the scale is rewarding once you find a crew to roll with.

What to know how I know you're a ginger?

20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 07:18 Fibrocyte

SlimRam wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 22:32:
I've got to give this a go; Hell I need a new game to make me feel 'combat ineffective' and generally get pwned by 12 year-olds with disturbing regularity besides Battlefield 3

Downloading now

I'm in the same boat - I get smashed by the youngins in all online combat FPS games. I'm not even that old, either - it is more about practice. They play 18 out of 24 hours a day and I play 2 hours per month.

Also, what's a train wreak?

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists
32. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 21, 2012, 05:13 Fibrocyte

Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:43:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 11:14:
Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 00:29:
Not sure the anger/surprise. They didn't take the map away from anyone, they just took it off public matchmaking rotation.

Which makes sense - only people that preordered have this map. There's no solution possible without fractioning the community far too much (as right now you can bet about 75%+ of players have that map.)

I'd guess it'll be included in the first map pack. Then there can be separate public matchmaking for people that buy that pack without splintering the community too much.

It's somewhat a sign of it being dumb to offer a multiplayer map as a preorder, but it isn't like they're rendering its value zilch.

I guess that sort of makes sense, but why was it in the rotation for the first week (give or take a few days) then? Didn't it fracture the community the same way?

I just never makes sense to me why devs seem to think that taking stuff away from their playerbase, in any way, shape or form, makes sense. Because it doesn't.

Creston

I don't have the game, and someone already corrected me a bit, but my assumption is that the vast majority of early buyers have this so it wasn't a big deal for launch week.

Someone said it was a special playlist, though, which is what they do for map packs, too. And it's zombie-only, too, which I didn't realize.

Regardless, this is why maps are probably not a good thing to give as a preorder bonus. Skins, solo play stuff, whatever, but not maps.

It is not zombie-only.

29. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 11:19 Fibrocyte

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:42:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:26:
Look, I get it. You're a hardcore PC gamer and you get weirdly jealous when a game designed for consoles gets a lot of attention. Hell, you're so hardcore that you post your gaming rig details in your signature. That's HARDCORE! Speaking of bullshit, did you actually buy two GTX680 cards and SLI them?
Heh. Yeah, it's best not to take me seriously... I say a lot of random shit.

Heart

26. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 10:26 Fibrocyte

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 10:03:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 06:15:
I found it there, too, just a short while ago and couldn't help but smile after all the BS posted in this thread.
The only bullshit in this thread is you admitting that you actually bought this game.

Actually, I bought it for my son. I'm terrible at console games but I've been dabbling with it over the past few days. I've also heard that I'm not the only one to buy it - but maybe that is just a rumor.

Look, I get it. You're a hardcore PC gamer and you get weirdly jealous when a game designed for consoles gets a lot of attention. Hell, you're so hardcore that you post your gaming rig details in your signature. That's HARDCORE! Speaking of bullshit, did you actually buy two GTX680 cards and SLI them?

21. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 06:15 Fibrocyte

Ventura wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 05:42:
Apparently they've thrown Nuketown back into a new "fast-action playlist" in the Bonus category. It's called Chaos Moshpit, and it also has Carrier, Cargo, Express, Hijacked, Slums and Standoff in the rotation.

Predictably, most of those that have bagged Treyarch here won't post again once this news hits.

I found it there, too, just a short while ago and couldn't help but smile after all the BS posted in this thread.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 20, 2012, 04:43 Fibrocyte

mag wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 21:49:
Pacific Centre. Haha, what a goofy name.

Oh you...

1252 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo