Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1255 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
46. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 17:50 Fibrocyte

JayDeath wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 16:54:
Ratty wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 13:33:
I like the wishlist. I guess I'll go in and choose some games this evening. Dishonored is the only one that comes to mind right now. Might pick up a Serious Sam. I'll pass on Rage. I haven't bought very many games over the last two years - they just don't make them like they used to. Any SP FPS's I might want to look into? Even if they're a couple of years old.

Yes, you want Dishonored. It's really great.

And Hitman: A is absolutely worth 25 bucks.

I believe Hitman: Absolution is cheaper on amazon.com w/ steam key. Check it out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
45. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 17:47 Fibrocyte

El Pit wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 15:21:
Arkham City is a steal at $7.50!

nabbed it...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 20, 2012, 05:03 Fibrocyte

Jerykk wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 03:58:
Many people are seriously overestimating the power of next-gen consoles. While they'll certainly be more powerful than current gen consoles, they'll still be several generations behind top-end PC hardware. Hopefully they'll have a lot more memory so we don't have to look at low-res textures all the time.

I very much doubt they will be several generations behind the current-gen PC hardware. That's absurd. Possibly one generation behind to ensure they're working with hardware that has been proven out, but not 'several' generations.

Also, current-gen consoles still look quite good if you take off your PC-gaming-snob glasses. The next-gen consoles will do nothing but vastly improve what we have today.

Keep in mind that the Xbox360 was released in *2005* and the PS3 in *2006*.

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle 7
7. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 7 Dec 20, 2012, 04:57 Fibrocyte

Seeing as you can pay $1 for the bundle without the bonus content, I don't see a reason to ever skip one of these.

I already own LoG and DD but will likely pay the $6.50 or whatever for the DD DLC. However, what I'm most interested is the other titles as many are SteamPlay compatible. Nice little games to play on the airplane using my MacBook Pro.

News Comments > Project GODUS Prototype Footage
12. Re: Project GODUS Prototype Footage Dec 18, 2012, 05:49 Fibrocyte

Maybe I wasn't paying full attention during the video, but it seems like the gameplay is simply molding the terrain?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 17, 2012, 19:00 Fibrocyte

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 18:29:
I liked the new Total Recall. The reason why starts with a 'J,' and ends with an 'essica Biel.'

She didn't make the movie good... sorry

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 17, 2012, 18:16 Fibrocyte

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 16:08:
Is the Total Recall remake really that bad of a movie? I've loved the original one. I've also loved Fifth Element those movies were so good back in the day. Not sure why there are no good sci fi movies like that anymore. Most new not remake sci fi movies these days are all horror.

The Fifth Element is still a awesome movie even today.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 17, 2012, 18:15 Fibrocyte

Leper wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 17:34:
It was pretty bad and, for once, it didn't seem like Colin's fault. The story and directing were just awful.

When has it ever been Colin's fault? All the bad movies he's been in just seem like bad movies overall. Daredevil comes to mind. He was entertaining in Fright Night and Horrible Bosses and I hear Seven Psychopaths was good.

I haven't seen this remake, but I plan to rent it.

His acting was pretty terrible in Daredevil.

He's generally not someone I would list as a "good actor".

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 17, 2012, 13:12 Fibrocyte

It was pretty bad and, for once, it didn't seem like Colin's fault. The story and directing were just awful.  

News Comments > Op Ed
54. Re: Gamasutra Dec 16, 2012, 05:37 Fibrocyte

I agree that Molyneux had no business doing a kickstarter project. I'm happy to see that it will likely fail (unless he or one of his buddies steps in at the last minute and does a major donation to save face).

Oh, and Notch the shyster is on the main GODUS page endorsing the project and yet it will fail - nice.

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Gamasutra Dec 16, 2012, 05:35 Fibrocyte

Zarkonis wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 05:05:
Having read the Gamasutra article, I'm reminded of why I never read anything they print. To them, nothing is ever going to be as good as World of Warcrap. So therefore, they'll incessantly whine and nitpick everything to death.

Okay, but just keep in mind that nothing to date has been better than World of Warcraft in its entirety.

Some MMOs did this or that better, but none have rivaled it.

News Comments > RAGE DLC Next Week
34. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 05:59 Fibrocyte

NotOneOfUs wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 20:29:
Over a year, still waiting on the 64bit.exe

Okay! (weirdo)

News Comments > A Valley Without Wind 2 Alpha Footage; Beta Next Week
3. Re: A Valley Without Wind 2 Alpha Footage; Beta Next Week Dec 14, 2012, 19:33 Fibrocyte

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 13:57:
I am kinda sad none of my critics were implemented.. I wanted smoother animations, more (2-3 frame) connections between animation steps as well as a smooth idle animation that's unique for each character. Because otherwise the best artwork is gonna look terrible. As well as a more solid particle system with advanced (openGL style) particle functions, like relative particle-age effects, where each particle of a certain age set can have different effect. I got shot down for memory reasons.. MEMORY REASONS in this day and age

I kinda stopped caring, though it is free for owners of AVWW1

critiques*

News Comments > Valve San Francisco
6. Re: Valve San Francisco Dec 14, 2012, 16:20 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 10:53:
NVM, just read that he worked on Plants vs Zombies...

Yea! That's _nothing_ compared to what InBlack has worked on.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 11, 2012, 18:15 Fibrocyte

Axis wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 09:59:
Lets see if I've been right about PoE. Anyone wanna wager? Sure were a lot of you crappin on it, lets put some money down!

Crapping on crap yields crap.

/crap

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
56. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 10, 2012, 08:18 Fibrocyte

shihonage wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 18:21:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 17:02:
Apparently one part of Windows 8 being a walled garden makes it a "catastrophe" but an entire box being a walled garden is A-OK if Valve does it. OK Gabe, sure. And yeah, he said "our hardware will be a very controlled environment,"

He wants to think Windows 8 is a "catastrophe" because of the completely optional Windows Store, that's his opinion and that's cool. But if Valve's going to do the same thing with the entirety of their living room box, I can't see how that's anything but hypocritical. I don't run Windows 8 and honestly, do kind of want to see Metro flop. But this seems a little two-faced to me.

Wrong.

A game console SHOULD be a walled garden. A desktop PC should NOT.

It's that simple.

Yea because nothing new should ever be invented or dreamed up and there's just no place for hybrids.

I think YOU'RE that simple.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 9, 2012, 18:19 Fibrocyte

FarCry 3 is quite good. I'm enjoying it and my son said it is GOTY for him. Of course, he hasn't touched AC3/Dishonored/Hitman:Absolution but still.  

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
34. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 18:15 Fibrocyte

So much unnecessary whining in this thread. I like the idea of this and, depending on the specs, may consider buying one when it is released.

It would be hilarious if this out sold the next-gen consoles.

News Comments > Dark Souls II Announced
31. Re: Dark Souls II Announced Dec 9, 2012, 09:37 Fibrocyte

bigspender wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 20:52:
throws money at screen.

ds1 co-op was the best game i've played in a long time.

Is the main story coop-capable? Or is it just some additional content to play through with someone else?

News Comments > Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned
8. Re: Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned Dec 8, 2012, 05:40 Fibrocyte

Wow - we've got some really impressive complaining going on today. Hitting escape, holding a button down, and having to walk up to action points.

This game is well done and enjoyable.

1255 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo