Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1245 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Door Kickers Demo
3. Re: Door Kickers Demo Jun 2, 2013, 08:29 Fibrocyte

Seems very much like Hotline Miami - which I loved. I need to try the demo and possibly contribute.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2013, 08:40 Fibrocyte

So he didn't get paid for his work? A good contractor would continue to do work like this, build a significant portfolio, and ask for more money at each subsequent job (up to a reasonable point). If you want to become "VP of Game Design" then you shouldn't be contracting anyway.

This guy seems very much like someone I would not like IRL. I'm guessing his termination was not some random event or reduction of force, but rather due to his personality.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization May 30, 2013, 20:44 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on May 30, 2013, 12:45:
Jivaro wrote on May 30, 2013, 12:07:
I hope they sell a zillion copies and it encourages more of the classic catalog to be released and perhaps a focus on deeper games in general.

Heh, you're dreaming, man. People who are pad/phone gamers aren't at all interested in deeper games in general. All they want is lite fluff to stop them from having to think or learn.

As usual, you're wrong.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 30, 2013, 20:42 Fibrocyte

His comment is related to this:

http://youtu.be/KbWgUO-Rqcw

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
27. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 13:36 Fibrocyte

Optional nickname wrote on May 29, 2013, 13:22:
Creston wrote on May 29, 2013, 12:20:
Their Diablo 3 failure sold like 12 million copies, so there's literally nobody at Blizzard who views it as a failure.

Creston

it's going to sell another 12 million this fall on the PS3. Everyone that bought the PC version will HAVE to find out the minute differences between the two.

rinse and repeat for XBoxOne and the PS4 next spring.

36 million copies, not bad at reselling a dead horse to the same owner hoping it will geeup eventually. everything strange happens to everyone once in their lifetimes, I guess this is Blizzards moment in history.

Posting while drunk. Stop doing it.

News Comments > One Billion Hours of BF3
16. Re: One Billion Hours of BF3 May 26, 2013, 04:48 Fibrocyte

Rattlehead wrote on May 25, 2013, 23:47:
TurdFergasun wrote on May 25, 2013, 22:09:
deqer wrote on May 25, 2013, 21:33:
Steele Johnson wrote on May 25, 2013, 20:53:
Any company has the right to know how often their users use their software.
Sure, but they're going to abuse that right to take advantage of you.

I see it as an invasion of privacy for the consumer.

hope you don't like using internet search engines for anything... ever.
I've never seen Deqer post anything even close to resembling intelligent thought.

That doesn't mean he doesn't search. He searches but then he can't comprehend.

Regarding Cutter, I can't imagine what he meant by his comment. People love this game and it is well done. It isn't perfect but what game is?

It is not my type of game and I don't play it but I do understand its popularity.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 24, 2013, 08:45 Fibrocyte

While the death of the homebrew PC would be sad, it would in no way kill the PC. What a ridiculous suggestion.  

News Comments > Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in August
7. Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in August May 24, 2013, 06:24 Fibrocyte

Kobalt wrote on May 24, 2013, 01:20:
Tried beta for the new version. Actually pretty good. If it wasn't for the character models you could 100% pass it as a completely new game. Hell, you can even click things! Dont think FF11 ever got that right

I don't suppose you'd be interesting in sharing your beta account if you're no longer playing it?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2013, 07:23 Fibrocyte

Rhino wrote on May 19, 2013, 22:42:
Fibrocyte wrote on May 19, 2013, 16:54:
Don't Starve is good but... when you die you lose everything and that's very discouraging. I don't think they should change that, but perhaps up the survivability a little. I spent a lot of time exploring the game w/o reading anything online so I died when night came... and I died when sanity got too low and my hallucinations were attacking me... and I died when the hounds first came because that was very unexpected... and I died by freezing once because I thought I had a little more time to reach my campfire at base.

Now that I know most of what will kill me, it's stupid mistakes that end up getting me. For example, I was collecting manure and accidentally clicking a beefalo instead of the manure pile and the entire herd massacred me in 1/2 a nanosecond.

Still, the game is very neat and well done. I've also not touched Adventure mode, yet.

I would disagree with the surviving aspect. It seems just fine for me, and some of your mistakes would be easily alleviated by paying a little more attention to the information that the game issues to the player. As an example, you mentioned dying when night came: I assume this was because you didn't build a fire; but as dusk starts to settle in the Wilson character says "It's getting late. I should make a fire."

If your sanity is depleting you should have expected bad things to start to happen as there are multiple screen effects to suggest that bad things are a-comin'. Along the same lines there are methods to increase sanity, most notable of which, early on, is making the garland head gear. The description for the garland headgear suggests exactly that: "Something to sooth the nerves."

There are other examples, too; but I don't want to come across as yelling "you suck, you worm" when I'm just trying to illustrate the point.

This may simply be different play styles but the game is, for me, absolutely fantastic, and what difficulty exists is offset to some degree by reading the information that is available to the player from within the game itself as well as making the appropriate interpretations thereof. I enjoy the humour, the variety of ways to achieve goals, and the regular discoveries of using different things to achieve the same result (often accidentally), such as getting fur off of the beefalo without attacking them.

My point was that those were the various ways that I have died so far. Of course I made a torch when night came but in early summer the nights are so long that 1 torch often is not enough and I did not have the supplies (again, this was play attempt #1) to make a second torch (or maybe I just didn't make the second torch fast enough) -- so I died.

As for the hallucinations, well, one would naturally just assume that the screen would get more distorted and more strange visuals would pop up but I didn't think they'd attack me. It is cool that they do, but I didn't expect it.

I didn't really feel the need the wrap explanation around each of the deaths as I assumed that those who played it (such as yourself) have died for various reasons as well.

In the end, food management is something that really needs to be mastered properly and that's fine. But when you spend 1.5 hours collecting supplies and building a sustainable food system just to die because of a misclick - that sucks.

I also know you can find/wear amulets and use the altar for some protection - but you sacrifice winter-prep time for exploration and that can end up bad down the road.

I like the game very much, too, and will definitely be playing the patch that is due out tomorrow (caves).

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 20, 2013, 07:14 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on May 20, 2013, 03:45:
I love how with every new Windows we lose so much ability to actually see whats going on under the hood, so to speak, not to mention how we continually keep getting a product that is less usable than the previous version. All in the service of the almighty lowest common denominator. In like 50 years most people wont even understand what a processor is, or what RAM does, everything will work like magic and if it doesnt then you will press a button and an engineer (magician) with remote access will fix it for you....Fuck you Microsoft.

Cite examples of what you can no longer see in Windows 8 vs Windows 7, please.

News Comments > Free 16 Bit Arena Experiment Underway
7. Re: Free 16 Bit Arena Experiment Underway May 20, 2013, 07:09 Fibrocyte

Taking bids on the amount of helium used to make this video...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 19, 2013, 16:54 Fibrocyte

Don't Starve is good but... when you die you lose everything and that's very discouraging. I don't think they should change that, but perhaps up the survivability a little. I spent a lot of time exploring the game w/o reading anything online so I died when night came... and I died when sanity got too low and my hallucinations were attacking me... and I died when the hounds first came because that was very unexpected... and I died by freezing once because I thought I had a little more time to reach my campfire at base.

Now that I know most of what will kill me, it's stupid mistakes that end up getting me. For example, I was collecting manure and accidentally clicking a beefalo instead of the manure pile and the entire herd massacred me in 1/2 a nanosecond.

Still, the game is very neat and well done. I've also not touched Adventure mode, yet.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 18, 2013, 16:16 Fibrocyte

Holy shit... "Christ Centered Gamer". Really? I scanned the article just to see what the hell some religious nut would say about Blood Dragon and it's about what you'd expect:

"The morality issues keep me from recommending this game to others."

I would love to read their review of Quake 1.

Also, the reviewer is "Blue" -- is that this site's owner?

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Community Patch
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Community Patch May 18, 2013, 07:53 Fibrocyte

deqer wrote on May 18, 2013, 04:18:
TF2 still sucks, though. It's too balanced, that it's actually handicapped.

Also filled with the current generation of kiddy teens, and servers with emo all-talk enabled, it's just garbage.

Don't waste your time with this one.

Fun, fast-paced, cartoony games... played by KIDS? Yea, don't bother with this trash. Go play one of those other cartoony games that only adults frequent.

Idiot...

News Comments > Diablo III XP Boost
10. Re: Diablo III XP Boost May 16, 2013, 06:15 Fibrocyte

Krovven wrote on May 16, 2013, 04:44:
jacobvandy wrote on May 16, 2013, 01:55:
I don't get it... Is this some kind of permanent boost, or more like a "bonus XP weekend" thing that only lasts while you play during this time.

"Players who log in to defend Sanctuary between May 15 and May 21"

I don't get it...

News Comments > Anno Online Open Beta
9. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 20:52 Fibrocyte

Is 1404 better than 2070?  

News Comments > Anno Online Open Beta
6. Re: Anno Online Open Beta May 14, 2013, 14:55 Fibrocyte

Slayblaze wrote on May 14, 2013, 13:58:
Ubi/Blue Byte's own Settlers Online is better (much better) than Anno, at least at this stage in Anno's development. The only thing I like more about Anno than Settlers is the slightly superior updated engine being used. If they could port that over to Settlers it would be a win/win for Blue Byte.

Thx for the tip on Settlers Online.

News Comments > Diablo III Turning One
27. Re: Diablo III Turning One May 14, 2013, 12:43 Fibrocyte

Coincidentally, I just tried out Path of Exile again today and have to say it has much improved since my attempt during BETA. Let's see if it it any good after playing it at length.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 14, 2013, 06:15 Fibrocyte

DukeFNukem wrote on May 13, 2013, 22:21:
And taxing violet video games will accomplish what exactly? *crickets chirping*

So violet video games are "okay" with Joe Biden as long as he gets a cut of the money. Do I have the correct interpretation on this matter?

No, you don't. I'm not sure how, either, because it is simple to understand.

Biden is saying that if there is a sufficient amount of scientific evidence to support the claim of the group that is requesting the tax then it would be taken under consideration. Plus, such a tax is not unlawful.

News Comments > Bethesda Game Vulnerability
35. Re: Bethesda Game Vulnerability May 13, 2013, 09:15 Fibrocyte

CJ_Parker wrote on May 12, 2013, 10:29:
KS wrote on May 12, 2013, 10:00:
Here's the exploit: The company continues to convince people to pay for the series in spite of it being fairly boring to many.

badda-boom!

Yep. For kiddies like yourself with an attention span shorter than your penis who need non-stop "badda-boom!" ... "badda-boom!" action, the TES games may in fact be a bit boring.
For us adults it's a slightly different story. Maybe you'll understand in a decade or so when you're in your teens.

Now fuck off and go play some CoD, CS, Angry Birds or a Lego game, kthxbye!

Quite the adult... quite the adult.

1245 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo