Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1209 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Adding In-Game Browser
3. Re: WoW Adding In-Game Browser Apr 10, 2013, 06:14 Fibrocyte

PHJF wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 21:52:
Will it be as awesome as the Steam browser which crashes 90% of the time I try to use it (because it can't handle the four billion flash ads seemingly on any given site)?

While I never use the steam browser, my son uses it quite heavily and never has any crashing issues that I'm aware of.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2013, 20:12 Fibrocyte

Welp, it seems I need to buy Bioshock Infinite. If the whiners that frequent this site give it mediocre reviews then it must be a really good game.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2013, 20:10 Fibrocyte

Overon wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 17:17:
For me bioshock infinite plot is a masterpiece of writing. Everything in the game is so chalk full of meaning which the designers actually intended and you don't have to read into it to discover it.

"chock", not "chalk". <3

News Comments > Hotline Miami Sequel Set in the '90s
8. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Set in the '90s Mar 31, 2013, 09:45 Fibrocyte

Fantaz wrote on Mar 31, 2013, 03:34:
Beamer wrote on Mar 30, 2013, 17:35:
I loved the music at first, but it grew horribly grating.

According to Steam I only played it 2 hours. That can't be right, though. I remember playing it for 3 or 4 days, but then hitting the "I've seen all there is to see" point. Then I went to Wikipedia and read the rest of the plot.

A very fun distraction that just got old quickly.
Just fired it up, made it through the first 10 chapters. Maybe that was just 2 hours.

Great, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this...

The only comments I could find on this game online were mostly praising it, but this game is definitely not without its faults.

Clearly it's an opinion thing. I loved the music and gameplay and longed for nothing different from the overall experience.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC
43. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 14:52 Fibrocyte

Speaking of ARMA3, does anyone have a free pass (or whatever is being offered at this time) that they can pass my way? I'll try to reciprocate from my gift inventory - which isn't that impressive but you never know.

Thanks!

(Yes, I'm talking about ARMA3 in a BF4 thread)

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 20, 2013, 09:30 Fibrocyte

Beamer wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 09:25:
What games are you playing, Verno, with QTEs?

I mean, I guess the very last thing you do in Dishonored is arguably a QTE, and maybe you can argue that taking down a brute in SR3 was, but that's one button. In Dishonored it made perfect sense.

But it's been years, and I mean years, since I've seen games like the ones that were in the late era of the original Xbox where you'd be a superhero falling down a hole and have "Y" flash on the screen and need to hit, then "X", then "B", all in quick sequence like a damn rhythm game.

Like, seriously. I have not seen that in a game in years. Maybe I'm playing the wrong (err... right) games, but QTEs seem pretty much dead to me, but some people still complain. It reminds me of old people complaining about how much nu-metal sucks even though it's so far dead that no one even remembers any of the bands anymore. There are new things to hate.

Farcry 3 used QTEs a decent amount. Aside from that, I can't think of any recent games that do.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2013, 16:20 Fibrocyte

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 10:18:
InBlack wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 10:08:
Huh? I agree with the article and Im trying to make sense of what Beamer said, locked crap makes devices cheaper?

So a cellphone that is locked to a single carrier (or account, person) is somehow magically cheaper than one thats unlocked (something that in most cases can be done with a software hack alone)....

Yes. Yes it does.

I don't get why it's a hard argument for you to comprehend, but then I remember all the stuff you couldn't comprehend in the atheism discussion and wonder why I didn't block you during that massive bout of failure-to-read.

Really struggling with you here. Look at how much it costs to buy a smartphone in Europe. Look how much it costs to buy one here. Do you see a huge difference? Yes, yes you do. The phone is cheaper. The plans cost more. You're saving on one very large upfront fee and instead getting it broken down over time. The phone is cheaper. The plan is not. Like with printers: the printer is cheaper, the ink is not.

Some people benefit from this. Some people do not. It depends on the buyer you are.

Can you link me the atheism thread? That sounds fun!

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 16, 2013, 20:21 Fibrocyte

That website is hideous - hopefully the documentary is better.  

News Comments > POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update
3. Re: POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update Mar 15, 2013, 09:56 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 09:30:
Good news, PoE is getting better and better...

Good! Because when I tried it several months ago it was pretty awful.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 15, 2013, 05:30 Fibrocyte

Domgrief wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 12:38:
Wow, that MySQL optimisation article started badly and then went downhill from there. If you're using a single-core virtual server/cloud with mostly static read-only content then maybe their recommendations are better than not tuning your database at all... but not by much.

For about 5 minutes I was unable to get to page four because the server kept throwing a database error Rotfl

Not only that, but I stopped reading on page 1 where it says you may want to switch from InnoDB to MyISAM because InnoDB uses more processing power. Years ago there were reasons to pick MyISAM over InnoDB. Today there really isn't as InnoDB has been greatly optimized and continues to be the storage engine of choice for the majority of installations out there. In addition, Oracle has switched their default storage engine to InnoDB and is discontinuing any real dev efforts on MyISAM. If the stock MySQL isn't cutting it for you, try Percona Server.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Mar 13, 2013, 05:38 Fibrocyte

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 23:18:
Yeah, sounds like he's pretty protective of his IP. Hard not to fault the studios though after blowing mega cash on both Watchmen and John Carter (looks like Oz will at least break even). I'd go see a Bioshock movie in the theater, but I'm not sure I'm the key demographic. It's not a huge name. I think a Mass Effect movie would have more of a built in audience and name awareness.

Still, I think you could have done Bioshock for $80m with the right director, especially given that most of it takes place indoors. Hunger Games cost that much. District 9 only cost $30 mil to make (and Neil would make a great Bioshock director).

For the record, I think Watchmen is an amazing movie, and I saw it in the theaters (I only go a few times a year).

I didn't know money was lost on Watchmen. I personally liked the movie very much.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 9, 2013, 11:29 Fibrocyte

AdamK47 wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 22:37:
3D Printing? Tell me more about this amazing news media magnet technology!

You're right because this isn't an interesting article at all.

News Comments > Co-op a "Big Focus" of Diablo III 1.0.8
9. Re: Co-op a Mar 8, 2013, 05:58 Fibrocyte

According to this comment section, 8/8 people do not like Diablo III.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 18:43 Fibrocyte

Shrug... I'll be buying one.  

News Comments > More on Thief
11. Re: More on Thief Mar 6, 2013, 04:41 Fibrocyte

Snapdad wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 04:29:
"Ravaged with disease and famine, the people wait for something to change."

Not interested.

That is the sentence that turned you off from this game? Really?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. removed Mar 1, 2013, 05:57 Fibrocyte

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 1, 2013, 10:15.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Version 5.2 "Imminent"
5. Re: World of Warcraft Version 5.2 Feb 28, 2013, 05:53 Fibrocyte

TurdFergasun wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 21:36:
oh boy, the mcdonalds of video games is coming out with a new flavor of milkshake!!! rejoice peasants!

Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!

(P.S. Calling WoW the McDonalds of video games is ignorant. It was an excellent bit of software engineering when it was released and they have managed to captivate audiences year after year. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad. Though I haven't played it in some time I still respect what they have built.)

News Comments > ROAM Kickstarter Ends Today
6. Re: ROAM Kickstarter Ends Today Feb 24, 2013, 12:39 Fibrocyte

I kicked in $40. I like the concept and the dev team.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
12. Re: Saturday Mobilization Feb 23, 2013, 20:05 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 15:17:
Google glasses - $1500 to show the world what a pathetic douchebag you are.

Translation: I hate what I can't afford.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Feb 19, 2013, 10:58 Fibrocyte

Go Blue! You really know how to rile up your readers.  

1209 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo