Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1252 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
50. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 14:50 Fibrocyte

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:53:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:43:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:29:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:16:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 10:23:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 09:35:
Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 15:07:
“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.” - Theodore Roosevelt

“The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.”- H.L. Mencken

Outside of your moronic/distorted view of the world, your first quote doesn't apply to Obama and your second quote doesn't apply to Snowden.

Says the naive fool who is glad he voted for Obama. You have to be completely fucking oblivious to still support this horrible president and be happy that you did.

Obama vs McCain and Obama vs Romney? You have to be completely fucking oblivious to think that either one of those individuals was a better choice. But of course you can't be reasonable about the situation. Instead, because your candidates lost and you are most likely resentful that a black person is leading the nation, you have to spew negative comments about Obama every chance that you get.

You and Cutter both have the typical republican personality and that's really sad.

What you said right there proves you are a racist.

What you said right there proves you can't comprehend what you read.

1. Obama's skin color is one of the few things about him that doesn't bother me. 2. Skin color is ALWAYS the thing liberals like yourself reach for when your back is to a wall. Who is the racist? YOU.

If Romney won the election and all this same shit was going on I'd give him the same shit I gave Bush. I bet you loved criticizing Bush without really knowing why. Where are you now? Deflecting to Mccain and Romney and RACISM to justify your mindless adoration of Obama. Not only are you a racist, but you are a hypocrite.

I'm as white as it gets and I don't mind Obama being in office. Where is the racism here, exactly?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 13:43 Fibrocyte

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:29:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:16:
“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.” - Theodore Roosevelt

“The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.”- H.L. Mencken

Outside of your moronic/distorted view of the world, your first quote doesn't apply to Obama and your second quote doesn't apply to Snowden.

Says the naive fool who is glad he voted for Obama. You have to be completely fucking oblivious to still support this horrible president and be happy that you did.

Obama vs McCain and Obama vs Romney? You have to be completely fucking oblivious to think that either one of those individuals was a better choice. But of course you can't be reasonable about the situation. Instead, because your candidates lost and you are most likely resentful that a black person is leading the nation, you have to spew negative comments about Obama every chance that you get.

You and Cutter both have the typical republican personality and that's really sad.

What you said right there proves you are a racist.

What you said right there proves you can't comprehend what you read.

44. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 13:16 Fibrocyte

42. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 09:35 Fibrocyte

28. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:55 Fibrocyte

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 12:03:
You voted for Obama. It's ok. Admitting is the first step in the healing process.

I voted for Obama and am glad I did. He isn't perfect, but he was a hell of a lot better than the alternative choices.

As for Snowden, he should be charged with espionage. What he did was lunacy and NOT the correct way to go about trying to make a difference in this country.

26. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:53 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 02:09:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 23:38:
What bothers me is that the average American can't see the harm in all this spying and all the other corruption. They have zero critical thinking skills and no ability to envision where all this stuff is heading. They get mad for like a day and then they all repeat what their god, the TV, tells them. They are so easily programmed that it actually amazes me to see it. I guess it's not called television programming for nothing. Of course, it's passed along through all the other forms of communication too. People are terrified of being on the losing team or to be separated from the herd.

We're doomed, Cutter. Doomed. Nineteen Eighty-Four is almost here. Our grand kids will be living in a total police state where there is an army of police in every community and surveillance everywhere.

That's why I chose not to have kids and think people that do are nuts. Sure every generation says 'Oh it's all horrible' until they look back on it with rose colored glasses and then it was all great. Thing is, we've been able to qualify and quantify this stuff for decades now. We know things are getting worse. Environment? Check. Standard of living? Check. Money being hoovered up by the elites as the middle-class slides into poor? Check. Erosion and eradication of civil and human rights? Check. And on and on it goes. The only possible upside is that history also demonstrates when the this shit gets to be to much the people revolt, and that's what we need. However, the sad thing is it still needs to get a hell of a lot worse first before the sheeple get to that point.

Frags, this is for you, me, and all the other people who question....

Tim Minchin - White Wine in the Sun.

Absolute brilliance. Listen to some of his other stuff. The man is a genius.

Holy hell, you're a lunatic.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle
18. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle Jun 20, 2013, 14:16 Fibrocyte

I have to be honest, this edition is not enhanced. It is an awful port to the ipad and I requested a refund after playing it for 20 minutes.

Now Star Wars KOTOR is an excellent port - I just started it (never fully played through the original).

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
5. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 17:07 Fibrocyte

This was completely expected and will gain them many sales. I'll still get a ps4 but this will close the gap a bit between the two consoles by quite a bit.  

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed
2. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 11:50 Fibrocyte

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 10:35:
Hotline Miami was easily one of my favorite games of 2012. It's so unforgiving but has such a cool atmosphere and most of all is FUN. I don't know how anyone under the age of 25 can appreciate it, though.

This is probably a cliche comparing the game to Drive. However, people should also check out The Place Beyond the Pines. I found it a strange coincidence the first half of that movie with Ryan Gosling reminded me of "The Biker" finale from Hotline Miami.

I agree completely and I would certainly compare this game to the movie Drive. It has similar music and a high level of violence. I haven't seen The Place Beyond the Pines, yet, but I soon will.

I'm looking forward to HM2.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 17, 2013, 22:56 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 21:02:
Further, it's important to bear in mind I'm being called a traitor by men like former Vice President Dick Cheney. This is a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up on the way to deceitfully engineering a conflict that has killed over 4,400 and maimed nearly 32,000 Americans, as well as leaving over 100,000 Iraqis dead. Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American, and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him, Feinstein, and King, the better off we all are. If they had taught a class on how to be the kind of citizen Dick Cheney worries about, I would have finished high school.

Give that man a fucking cigar!

Oh THAT'S what was missing for him to finish high school.

I agree. Give him a fucking cigar - just lace it with cyanide, first.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 14, 2013, 18:18 Fibrocyte

In other news, 1 in 3 Americans are morons.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 17:02 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:21:
Dumbed down game and shitty UI so once more PC players have to suffer because of consoles. You'd think the failure that was DCUO would have warned them why this is a bad idea. Anyway, my interest in the game has now just evaporated.

Excellent. Do us all a favor and never post in an ESO thread again. Baby

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 16:59 Fibrocyte

fujiJuice wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:03:
Fion wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 10:07:
I'm a little worried because afaik it has not been playable at any convention to date, even with a release date barely six months away. I was playing GW2 at Pax East two years before it even hit, 40 minutes a go.

It says spring 2014, why do you say six months?

Because of Blue's misleading title. He really needs an editor.

5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 09:38 Fibrocyte

I'm very much looking forward to this game. Let's hope it is well done.  

34. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 19:04 Fibrocyte

Bard wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 18:52:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 17:36:
They are collecting information with a court order to do so. Then, when they need to analyze the information, they'll get a more specific court order to do that.

This guy is really pathetic to do what he did. There are PLENTY of things that all of us dislike about the government, but we don't break the law to put the spotlight on those things. If we do, then we deserve to deal with the consequences just like this guy does.

And now he's hiding out in another country? Hah... what a stand up citizen.

You're being told this is done with a court order - but apparently that's just the PR face.

What the NSA documents prove is that they are grabbing EVERYBODY'S data, without a court order.

They are playing word games - saying that unless they search that data it doesn't count.... however...

Look at the other illegal activity Obama has been up to - the IRS scandal and the recent journalist surveillance scandal - stuff that forced Nixon to resign rather than face the law.

Yet, we'll have what the Nazis called 'useful idiots' - who will, in their utter ignorance, support what the Nazis.. err government - says.

No, the court order is a blanket pull of millions of records of US citizens and non-US citizens. Everything that I am reading on this points to their activities being secretive but not illegal - which is sort of what you'd expect from the NSA.

Let the dust settle on this topic and see what the situation is, but my guess it won't matter to you based on your other anti-government ramblings.

31. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 17:36 Fibrocyte

They are collecting information with a court order to do so. Then, when they need to analyze the information, they'll get a more specific court order to do that.

This guy is really pathetic to do what he did. There are PLENTY of things that all of us dislike about the government, but we don't break the law to put the spotlight on those things. If we do, then we deserve to deal with the consequences just like this guy does.

And now he's hiding out in another country? Hah... what a stand up citizen.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 8, 2013, 15:36 Fibrocyte

Julio wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 15:01:
We definitely know there are Microsoft shills here too, not very surprising. Basically anyone who likes Windows 8 and Xbox One is pretty much guaranteed to work for Microsoft.

I have no care or love for the XboxOne, but Windows 8 is just fine to those of us who have the mental capacity to do a little adapting when an OS changes.

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
5. Re: Path of Exile Patched Jun 6, 2013, 10:17 Fibrocyte

I think the skill tree is a mess. Yes, it can be comprehended with a little effort but at first glance it is chaos. Couple that with little to no in-game programmatic help and it is quite a turn off.  

News Comments > Tower of Guns
1. Re: Tower of Guns Jun 5, 2013, 21:25 Fibrocyte

Wasn't there some seriously shady business going on with 38 studios? How involved was this guy? I'd hate to support his new work if so.  

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Launches
49. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 22:42 Fibrocyte

Axis wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 21:47:
Wolfox wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 21:09:
Redmask wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 20:49:
Kosumo wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 20:06:
Just a quick question, have ASeven and Axis played the game?

Cos they both seem to be bagging a free game.

The idea that games can't be criticized because they're free is really dumb. The fact that something is free just means I'll move on without reservations, it doesn't mean I won't tell other people not to waste their time.

I think his point is that they're both trashing a game they haven't actually played, and a game that they could play (if they wanted) because it's free. Which is a fairly good point.

The greater point here is none of you guys can read for shit. I made it very clear why I'm not playing it, and my reasons have more than enough merit on their own.

For instance, if I don't like your face I won't want to fuck you. Sure I could try to fuck you and see if I like it, post a review about how great or terrible a fuck you are, but your face makes me wanna puke so I won't be testing your fuckability. Got it?

I don't get it. Why are you bashing a game that you haven't played? Why don't you play it first and then report back to us?

1252 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo