Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1245 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Dota 2 Leaves Beta [Updated]
15. Re: Dota 2 Leaves and Returns to Beta Jul 10, 2013, 05:42 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 20:21:
Better Vale time than HL3.

Great comment. You're always contributing something intelligent to this site.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dota 2 Leaves Beta [Updated]
14. Re: Dota 2 Leaves and Returns to Beta Jul 10, 2013, 05:42 Fibrocyte

Fantaz wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 02:33:
Is there a main story line to this game? I've never really played or liked the idea of a MOBA game, and strictly play games for their campaigns/stories. So is this worth me getting into it now with my buddies? Or will us noobs just be called names, be royally humiliated and simply just not enjoy it?

The crowd isn't that bad. Just jump in a game and see. Sure, you'll get a jackass or a child every once in a while but you just put them on ignore and play on.

DOTA2 and LoL are both fun games and the communities are not as awful as people make them out to be - just use ignore when needed. They are no different than 95% of the other online games out there.

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Beta Weekend
5. Re: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Beta Weekend Jun 30, 2013, 14:43 Fibrocyte

Quinn wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 13:13:
|oR|jonvall wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 13:06:
Xero wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 11:50:
I own the game and attempted to get into single player many times. The problem is that I feel like there are too many damn controls in the game. I never press the right button when I need it and the dual weapons is handled retarded.

I tried to play it also but, if I remember correctly, the controls just kinda sucked and it felt console'ish to me.

Honestly, and thereby sounding like an asshole, it seems you two just suck at the game then. Obviously.

JC2, for me, has great gameplay and although the dual-wielding took a few minutes to figure out properly, the rest of FEW controls are very easy to learn.

My son and his friends play this on PS3 and PC and it is a great engine. However, the multiplayer has been being worked on for so damn long that it is becoming silly.

News Comments > Mac OS XCOM: Enemy Unknown
6. Re: Max OS XCOM: Enemy Unknown Jun 28, 2013, 11:16 Fibrocyte

wonkawonka wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 08:49:
InBlack wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 03:38:
Will this work with iOS or is that port still forthcoming?
It's already out on the app store. Working well starting with the iPad 3. They did a hell of a job.

This and KOTOR seem to be damn good ports.

News Comments > Mac OS XCOM: Enemy Unknown
4. Re: Max OS XCOM: Enemy Unknown Jun 28, 2013, 08:30 Fibrocyte

How do you get from "Mac OS X" to "Max OS" ? That's a helluva typo.  

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
18. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 07:17 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 20:54:
Play fair? Like building your game to encourage people to have to use the RMAH so you can profit by it? That sort of fair?

Cutter tears in every thread. Sigh.

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Invite Glitch
3. Re: BF4 Alpha Invite Glitch Jun 26, 2013, 09:26 Fibrocyte

deqer wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 09:10:
So, instead of manning up for your mistakes (and letting those people play the alpha), you're instead just going to say "sorry, deal with it" and reject those people?

Cool.

What they did (not accept the accidental invites) is fine. What they should have ALSO done is apologized -- I don't see an apology in his message.

Accidents happen and even though the gaming community is made up mostly of cry babies, they don't need to detour their alpha testing just because of a premature invitation blast.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deadpool
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deadpool Jun 26, 2013, 08:23 Fibrocyte

Beamer wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 07:58:
TheWitcher wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 04:35:
Should I get this or Last of Us? Juggle

A game rated as one of the best of an entire console generation or a game rated as average-at-best?

Not sure the choice...

thatsthejoke.jpg

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jun 25, 2013, 09:38 Fibrocyte

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 20:34:
I'll plug Defender's Quest. Great game, and it runs on your laptop.

I purchased this because of your plug. I'll play it in a few days. Thx!

News Comments > OZombie Kickstarter
12. Re: OZombie Kickstarter Jun 25, 2013, 09:03 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 22:05:
I'll be surprised if this gets past 75k lol.

It is over 50k with 41 days to go. As with all things, you'll be wrong about this.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Battling Through "Legal Hell"?
26. Re: Baldur's Gate III Battling Through Jun 24, 2013, 15:56 Fibrocyte

sauron wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 15:09:
Was hoping to play this on my Android pad. Oh well...

BG:EE is completely awful on tablets.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Battling Through "Legal Hell"?
21. Re: Baldur's Gate III Battling Through Jun 24, 2013, 14:19 Fibrocyte

If the sequel is by the same people who did the enhanced edition then I can't see why anyone would get excited by it.  

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Footage
1. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Trailer Jun 23, 2013, 17:38 Fibrocyte

This is a gameplay _video_, not a _trailer_.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
50. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 14:50 Fibrocyte

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:53:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:43:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:29:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:16:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 10:23:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 09:35:
Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 15:07:
“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.” - Theodore Roosevelt

“The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.”- H.L. Mencken

Outside of your moronic/distorted view of the world, your first quote doesn't apply to Obama and your second quote doesn't apply to Snowden.

Says the naive fool who is glad he voted for Obama. You have to be completely fucking oblivious to still support this horrible president and be happy that you did.

Obama vs McCain and Obama vs Romney? You have to be completely fucking oblivious to think that either one of those individuals was a better choice. But of course you can't be reasonable about the situation. Instead, because your candidates lost and you are most likely resentful that a black person is leading the nation, you have to spew negative comments about Obama every chance that you get.

You and Cutter both have the typical republican personality and that's really sad.

What you said right there proves you are a racist.

What you said right there proves you can't comprehend what you read.

1. Obama's skin color is one of the few things about him that doesn't bother me. 2. Skin color is ALWAYS the thing liberals like yourself reach for when your back is to a wall. Who is the racist? YOU.

If Romney won the election and all this same shit was going on I'd give him the same shit I gave Bush. I bet you loved criticizing Bush without really knowing why. Where are you now? Deflecting to Mccain and Romney and RACISM to justify your mindless adoration of Obama. Not only are you a racist, but you are a hypocrite.

I'm as white as it gets and I don't mind Obama being in office. Where is the racism here, exactly?

47. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 13:43 Fibrocyte

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:29:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 13:16:
“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.” - Theodore Roosevelt

“The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.”- H.L. Mencken

Outside of your moronic/distorted view of the world, your first quote doesn't apply to Obama and your second quote doesn't apply to Snowden.

Says the naive fool who is glad he voted for Obama. You have to be completely fucking oblivious to still support this horrible president and be happy that you did.

Obama vs McCain and Obama vs Romney? You have to be completely fucking oblivious to think that either one of those individuals was a better choice. But of course you can't be reasonable about the situation. Instead, because your candidates lost and you are most likely resentful that a black person is leading the nation, you have to spew negative comments about Obama every chance that you get.

You and Cutter both have the typical republican personality and that's really sad.

What you said right there proves you are a racist.

What you said right there proves you can't comprehend what you read.

44. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 13:16 Fibrocyte

42. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2013, 09:35 Fibrocyte

28. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:55 Fibrocyte

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 12:03:
You voted for Obama. It's ok. Admitting is the first step in the healing process.

I voted for Obama and am glad I did. He isn't perfect, but he was a hell of a lot better than the alternative choices.

As for Snowden, he should be charged with espionage. What he did was lunacy and NOT the correct way to go about trying to make a difference in this country.

26. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 12:53 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 02:09:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 23:38:
What bothers me is that the average American can't see the harm in all this spying and all the other corruption. They have zero critical thinking skills and no ability to envision where all this stuff is heading. They get mad for like a day and then they all repeat what their god, the TV, tells them. They are so easily programmed that it actually amazes me to see it. I guess it's not called television programming for nothing. Of course, it's passed along through all the other forms of communication too. People are terrified of being on the losing team or to be separated from the herd.

We're doomed, Cutter. Doomed. Nineteen Eighty-Four is almost here. Our grand kids will be living in a total police state where there is an army of police in every community and surveillance everywhere.

That's why I chose not to have kids and think people that do are nuts. Sure every generation says 'Oh it's all horrible' until they look back on it with rose colored glasses and then it was all great. Thing is, we've been able to qualify and quantify this stuff for decades now. We know things are getting worse. Environment? Check. Standard of living? Check. Money being hoovered up by the elites as the middle-class slides into poor? Check. Erosion and eradication of civil and human rights? Check. And on and on it goes. The only possible upside is that history also demonstrates when the this shit gets to be to much the people revolt, and that's what we need. However, the sad thing is it still needs to get a hell of a lot worse first before the sheeple get to that point.

Frags, this is for you, me, and all the other people who question....

Tim Minchin - White Wine in the Sun.

Absolute brilliance. Listen to some of his other stuff. The man is a genius.

Holy hell, you're a lunatic.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle
18. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle Jun 20, 2013, 14:16 Fibrocyte

I have to be honest, this edition is not enhanced. It is an awful port to the ipad and I requested a refund after playing it for 20 minutes.

Now Star Wars KOTOR is an excellent port - I just started it (never fully played through the original).

1245 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo