Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1255 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 27, 2013, 11:23 Fibrocyte

Dev wrote on Jul 27, 2013, 01:41:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 23:06:
Really guys? 3.5GB, and here your modern PC OS takes under 1.7GB on average with a normal installation.
Since when? Try 10 times that for most modern windows installs.

Go home, Dev. You're drunk.

Seriously, though, I'm guessing you misread the comment that you responded to. My Win8 install is taking 1.8GB right now. If it required 17GB then my computer wouldn't even boot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Neil Gaiman's Wayward Manor This Fall
5. Re: Neil Gaiman's Wayward Manor This Fall Jul 26, 2013, 06:44 Fibrocyte

Deepjay wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 01:16:
I honestly dont understand the hype for American Gods. I found it to be completely underwhelming. The story moved at a snails pace and the main protagonist was completely passive. It was well written, but the above just really had me eager to finish it to be done with it.

It's not your typical action book. It may not have been your thing, but I enjoyed it like many people did.

News Comments > StarCraft II Birthday Party
14. Re: StarCraft II Birthday Party Jul 23, 2013, 14:16 Fibrocyte

Krovven wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 14:10:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 13:50:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 13:42:
MattyC wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 09:53:
It is your loss.

No, it really isn't. It's a formulaic retread of a game you already bought and paid for more than a decade ago. It isn't a good story nor is it even a decent continuation of the original storyline.

To be clear, you've never played and enjoyed 2 games of the same genre? You're such a snowflake.

Yea I do not get the mentality of "everything must be unique and ground breaking for it to be any good". It makes no sense and seems to me you'd go through life being pretty miserable with that expectation.

Burrito of Peace has only ever owned 1 skateboard, scooter, motorcycle, car, boat, etc in his life. He refuses to own/use 2 of the same type of transportation because they're formulaic retreads of a mode of transportation that he already bought and paid for more than a decade ago. He just hopes that he can afford Mooney aircraft before his car dies for good...

9. Re: StarCraft II Birthday Party Jul 23, 2013, 13:50 Fibrocyte

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 13:42:
MattyC wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 09:53:
It is your loss.

No, it really isn't. It's a formulaic retread of a game you already bought and paid for more than a decade ago. It isn't a good story nor is it even a decent continuation of the original storyline.

To be clear, you've never played and enjoyed 2 games of the same genre? You're such a snowflake.

7. Re: StarCraft II Birthday Party Jul 23, 2013, 13:32 Fibrocyte

Okay - knowing that SC2 has solid coop support just made me want to install it and play it again- thanks for that tip.  

News Comments > Ultra Street Fighter 4 Footage
2. Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 Footage Jul 22, 2013, 13:13 Fibrocyte

Techie714 wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 11:58:
That was a pretty cool video

Agreed, though I noticed it is not a PS4 title. I'd love to play this with my son on the PS4 when that comes out.

News Comments > LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center
7. Re: LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center Jul 12, 2013, 06:29 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 00:47:
I can't bother with MOBAs. I have a life.

If by 'life' you mean that you bitch and whine on this website 24-hours a day then I completely agree.

News Comments > Dota 2 Rollout Details
20. Re: Dota 2 Rollout Details Jul 10, 2013, 15:39 Fibrocyte

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 15:11:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 14:11:
Verno: How do you like cubeworld? I tried registering on their website but it seems the registration system is down at this time. Can anyone purchase/play the game right now?

Yeah the store/site is under heavy DDOS attack from weirdo Minecraft fanboys, even after moving some of it to AWS they've been having problems. Best time to try is early in the AM.

It's really really cool as long as you're going into it with the right expectations. It is not a Minecraft clone, the voxel based engine and some other minor stuff is all they share. If you are into those sorts of games to dig and build stuff on the terrain look elsewhere. It's like a multiplayer game of Zelda with stronger RPG elements and good co-op stuff. It's early alpha and very rough but relatively stable in terms of crashing and whatnot. The classes are pretty cool and well differentiated, there is a basic mission system and the dungeon generator works well. The towns are good, the NPCs and pets already show decent AI and exploration is very rewarding, particularly in the water. They even have a neat little hang glider (although make sure you equip it properly before you jump, doh!) and some other stuff.

It is very cool though, even this early in alpha the game is pretty fun/stable. Just needs music, some mechanics adjustment and more mission/enemy variety. Despite its shortcomings my group has still managed to sink something like 20 hours into it already. If you do manage to get it hit me up on Steam, I've got a server running for friends and family. Strongly recommend you read a few forums threads on Beginner Tips too, mechanics are not explained at all in the alpha, it is totally sink or swim and the game can be very difficult.

Very good info - thanks! That's really unfortunate that they're getting nailed by DDoS attacks as I am looking to buy a copy for myself and 2 more for my kids. I'll hit you up on steam sometime and read the forums in advance.

15. Re: Dota 2 Rollout Details Jul 10, 2013, 14:13 Fibrocyte

NKD wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 12:42:
Panickd wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 12:11:
A snorefest of a game in a snorefest of a genre. I cannot think of anything more uninteresting and un-fun than a MOBA in all of gaming. Run at the enemy, run away from the enemy, run at the enemy, run away from the enemy, oh the enemy is down there now! Run down there at the enemy, run away from the enemy, use item that allows you to run at the enemy for a slightly longer time! Run away from the enemy, rinse/repeat.

Stalemate Simulator 2013

It's kind of weird though. Even though most of the people on my Steam friends list play Dota 2 or some other similar game, they drop it at the first sign of any other game to play. It's like filler or something. I can't really think of a genre that is similar in that way.

Also, to be quite frank, all my Dota 2 playing friends seem to suck at everything else we play.

Dear Frank:

Given that DOTA2 is more challenging to master than most FPS games, I would say you are the weakest link - not your friends.

14. Re: Dota 2 Rollout Details Jul 10, 2013, 14:11 Fibrocyte

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 14:03:
Panickd wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 13:43:
Popularity is not indicative of quality or level of enjoyment.

Though your definition of enjoyment may differ from mine. I, for example, dislike having my balls in a vice. But to each their own.

The hyperbole and silliness isn't necessary, if you don't like Dota 2 hey whatever man, fun is subjective. I can see criticizing specific elements of it because no game is perfect and I definitely think Dota 2 has its flaws but it also has plenty to offer as well. The gameplay you described is only a piece of the puzzle, part of the psychological component of baiting and trying to get an opponent to over extend.

I think the bigger issue is that while mobas are enjoyable, where do they go from here? They already have tons of heroes and item combos. The logical extension is more game mechanics and maps but that might affect the learning curve and popularity of them.

Verno: How do you like cubeworld? I tried registering on their website but it seems the registration system is down at this time. Can anyone purchase/play the game right now?

As for MOBAs, more maps and game types will sustain them quite well. LoL has 2 maps for the typical game type and then they have ARAM as well as Dominion game types - both are quite fun.

News Comments > Dota 2 Leaves Beta [Updated]
15. Re: Dota 2 Leaves and Returns to Beta Jul 10, 2013, 05:42 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 20:21:
Better Vale time than HL3.

Great comment. You're always contributing something intelligent to this site.

News Comments > Dota 2 Leaves Beta [Updated]
14. Re: Dota 2 Leaves and Returns to Beta Jul 10, 2013, 05:42 Fibrocyte

Fantaz wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 02:33:
Is there a main story line to this game? I've never really played or liked the idea of a MOBA game, and strictly play games for their campaigns/stories. So is this worth me getting into it now with my buddies? Or will us noobs just be called names, be royally humiliated and simply just not enjoy it?

The crowd isn't that bad. Just jump in a game and see. Sure, you'll get a jackass or a child every once in a while but you just put them on ignore and play on.

DOTA2 and LoL are both fun games and the communities are not as awful as people make them out to be - just use ignore when needed. They are no different than 95% of the other online games out there.

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Beta Weekend
5. Re: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Beta Weekend Jun 30, 2013, 14:43 Fibrocyte

Quinn wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 13:13:
|oR|jonvall wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 13:06:
Xero wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 11:50:
I own the game and attempted to get into single player many times. The problem is that I feel like there are too many damn controls in the game. I never press the right button when I need it and the dual weapons is handled retarded.

I tried to play it also but, if I remember correctly, the controls just kinda sucked and it felt console'ish to me.

Honestly, and thereby sounding like an asshole, it seems you two just suck at the game then. Obviously.

JC2, for me, has great gameplay and although the dual-wielding took a few minutes to figure out properly, the rest of FEW controls are very easy to learn.

My son and his friends play this on PS3 and PC and it is a great engine. However, the multiplayer has been being worked on for so damn long that it is becoming silly.

News Comments > Mac OS XCOM: Enemy Unknown
6. Re: Max OS XCOM: Enemy Unknown Jun 28, 2013, 11:16 Fibrocyte

wonkawonka wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 08:49:
InBlack wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 03:38:
Will this work with iOS or is that port still forthcoming?
It's already out on the app store. Working well starting with the iPad 3. They did a hell of a job.

This and KOTOR seem to be damn good ports.

News Comments > Mac OS XCOM: Enemy Unknown
4. Re: Max OS XCOM: Enemy Unknown Jun 28, 2013, 08:30 Fibrocyte

How do you get from "Mac OS X" to "Max OS" ? That's a helluva typo.  

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
18. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 28, 2013, 07:17 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 20:54:
Play fair? Like building your game to encourage people to have to use the RMAH so you can profit by it? That sort of fair?

Cutter tears in every thread. Sigh.

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Invite Glitch
3. Re: BF4 Alpha Invite Glitch Jun 26, 2013, 09:26 Fibrocyte

deqer wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 09:10:
So, instead of manning up for your mistakes (and letting those people play the alpha), you're instead just going to say "sorry, deal with it" and reject those people?

Cool.

What they did (not accept the accidental invites) is fine. What they should have ALSO done is apologized -- I don't see an apology in his message.

Accidents happen and even though the gaming community is made up mostly of cry babies, they don't need to detour their alpha testing just because of a premature invitation blast.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deadpool
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deadpool Jun 26, 2013, 08:23 Fibrocyte

Beamer wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 07:58:
TheWitcher wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 04:35:
Should I get this or Last of Us? Juggle

A game rated as one of the best of an entire console generation or a game rated as average-at-best?

Not sure the choice...

thatsthejoke.jpg

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jun 25, 2013, 09:38 Fibrocyte

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 20:34:
I'll plug Defender's Quest. Great game, and it runs on your laptop.

I purchased this because of your plug. I'll play it in a few days. Thx!

News Comments > OZombie Kickstarter
12. Re: OZombie Kickstarter Jun 25, 2013, 09:03 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 22:05:
I'll be surprised if this gets past 75k lol.

It is over 50k with 41 days to go. As with all things, you'll be wrong about this.

1255 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo