Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1248 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2013, 15:45 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 14:13:
DICE recommends sucking their balls too. Are you going to do that?

You are so incredibly ignorant.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Avadon 2: The Corruption This Month
5. Re: Avadon 2: The Corruption This Month Oct 15, 2013, 12:28 Fibrocyte

Jivaro wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 11:33:
Sweet. Always ready for another Spiderweb Software game.

Agreed. I've played most of their games and beat some. They're perfect for long distance air travel.

News Comments > Dogs of War Online Closed Beta
1. Re: Dogs of War Online Closed Beta Oct 9, 2013, 20:49 Fibrocyte

Hmmm... I'd be interested in trying this, but can't seem to figure out how to get a key from the list of foreign sites they posted. Of course, I'm too tired to put in much effort. I'll figure it out in the morning.  

News Comments > Thief Gameplay Trailer
5. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 13:13 Fibrocyte

Wildone wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 12:56:
That was NOT gameplay, obviously

What is it, then? To me, it looks like a video containing various clips of the game being played by someone plus some added voiceover.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 9, 2013, 12:33 Fibrocyte

This is interesting, though the article could have really benefited from a prototype picture or at least a mock-up.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
9. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 8, 2013, 20:36 Fibrocyte

BobBob wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 20:03:
NKD wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 19:10:
Where is all this money coming from?

People who lack budgeting skills. I prefer to buy food for a homeless person on the street; it's a much better investment for my soul.

Nice! So why are you on a gaming website at all? Surely you've never bought a game or a PC and you give the homeless all your money, right? Your "soul" must be perfect. You will undoubtedly go to "heaven".

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Oct 6, 2013, 07:21 Fibrocyte

Quinn wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 20:43:
The guy has a point though. I loved the game but it was indeed repetative and easy. I played on normal too, because that's what any experienced PC gamer should do in his right mind. A paradox indeed, but it's because we know most games are most properly balanced on normal difficulty. Unless you're absolutely hardcore, you probably won't start a strategic game on hardest difficulty, and the game shouldn't expect you too. Point is that XCOM's normal difficulty was unbalanced and ridiculously easy.

Thank you. That's what I was saying and, given my experience on Normal, I had no desire to play it again on Hard+. I certainly didn't hate the game.

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Oct 5, 2013, 06:58 Fibrocyte

Jerykk wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 05:21:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 14:20:
Slashman wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 09:06:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 08:42:
nin wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 08:40:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 08:18:
InBlack wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 03:35:
Cant wait for Enemy within....ohhhh gimme that XCOM goodness....

Enemy Unknown was mediocre at best. It certainly wasn't worth full price.

Are you referring to the pc version, or the crappy ios game? Because yours is the first negative comment I've heard about the pc version. It wasn't perfect, and had its flaws, but people loved it.

PC version. And my comment wasn't necessarily negative, it just wasn't positive.

I payed full price and found the game to be very repetitive and easy (my 2 snipers were annihilating all aliens towards the end of the game). Had I gotten it at 50% off I may feel differently.

And you played on the hardest difficulty on Ironman right?

I'll hold off on believing you just breezed through the whole game losing no soldiers and no countries on your first playthrough.

No, I didn't. I played on Normal and would have happily went to hard if the first play through wasn't so incredibly repetitive.

You can't really complain about difficulty if you aren't playing on the highest difficulty.

This is Bluesnews. I can complain about anything I want.

Just because you love the game doesn't mean my opinion is invalid. It is damn repetitive and simple once you learn the underlying mechanics (which should happen very quickly). Increasing the difficulty will in no way resolve these combined issues.

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Oct 4, 2013, 14:20 Fibrocyte

Slashman wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 09:06:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 08:42:

Are you referring to the pc version, or the crappy ios game? Because yours is the first negative comment I've heard about the pc version. It wasn't perfect, and had its flaws, but people loved it.

PC version. And my comment wasn't necessarily negative, it just wasn't positive.

I payed full price and found the game to be very repetitive and easy (my 2 snipers were annihilating all aliens towards the end of the game). Had I gotten it at 50% off I may feel differently.

And you played on the hardest difficulty on Ironman right?

I'll hold off on believing you just breezed through the whole game losing no soldiers and no countries on your first playthrough.

No, I didn't. I played on Normal and would have happily went to hard if the first play through wasn't so incredibly repetitive.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Oct 4, 2013, 08:42 Fibrocyte

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Oct 4, 2013, 08:18 Fibrocyte

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 26, 2013, 12:07 Fibrocyte

I own Shadowrun Returns but I am going to try it on iOS, too. It seems like a very touch-friendly type of game.  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
52. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 17:22 Fibrocyte

All the crying and naysaying in this thread is hilarious (but par for the Bluesnews course).

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2013, 09:49 Fibrocyte

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 09:45:
Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 09:30:
Even offer a solid-state version for $50 more and I bet it would sell wonderfully.

When was the last time you priced those?

MSRP versus the deal that Sony or Microsoft could cut with Samsung, Toshiba, or SanDisk are two very different things.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2013, 09:46 Fibrocyte

Verno wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 09:41:
Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 09:30:
I'm surprised that they did not go with solid-state over the HDD. The technology is mature enough, the noise/power/cooling reduction is great, and at the volume they'd be buying they could keep the price down. Even offer a solid-state version for $50 more and I bet it would sell wonderfully.

SSDs are cost prohibitive for mass scale manufacturing, most laptops don't even have them standard yet. Space is important too, they want people buying a lot of content. A 500GB SSD is far more expensive than buying a 500GB hard drive at cost.

Most of Apple's notebooks use SSDs. So do most ultrabooks from any manufacturer.

I know the price is higher which is why I mentioned the +$50 pricetag. Anyway, neither the PS4 or Xbox1 has solid-state today which means we'll be stuck with consoles that have spinning disks for the next 4+ years and that's disappointing.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2013, 09:30 Fibrocyte

I'm surprised that they did not go with solid-state over the HDD. The technology is mature enough, the noise/power/cooling reduction is great, and at the volume they'd be buying they could keep the price down. Even offer a solid-state version for $50 more and I bet it would sell wonderfully.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 22, 2013, 15:49 Fibrocyte

siapnar wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 14:16:
Anyone tried State of Decay?

It seems odd to me to purchase/play a single-player only game before it is complete. For multiplayer I get it because there is a higher potential for replayability.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
6. Re: Evening Screenshots Sep 17, 2013, 07:36 Fibrocyte

Ant wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 03:56:
Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 21:11:
Wheres my beta invite fuckers?
I got mine for the three hours stress test, but didn't get to pass the character creation. The game is so dang huge to download and install!

Birthing pains... it'll get there. I'm looking forward to ESO. I suspect it'll be pushed back from the current release date [Spring 2014] - as many MMOs are - but I'm okay with that.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
13. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 14:41 Fibrocyte

NKD wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:30:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:29:
From what I understand of it this is exactly what I want. I can "lend" games to my wife on her PC's Steam account (or whatever) while I play something else on my Steam account.

She can play Skyrim on her PC, I can play Fallout on mine. We buy one copy instead of two (because why would I buy two copies for one household - that always bugged me).

Gotta use a shared PC bro.

Hmmm... it says that if I look at my son's game library and see a game that I want to play, then I simply send him an a request to authorize MY PC to play HIS games. Once approved, I can play his games.

Yea- I just re-read the FAQ and it's not a single-PC scheme at all.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 13:22 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 10:56:
Stop wasting time on your phone. I don't text or surf on my phone. I use it for work and emergencies and that's it. I pay $12 a month for an hour's talk time and I always have time left at the end of the month.

Indeed. Stop communicating on your communication device.

1248 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo