Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1254 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Starbound Beta Details
6. Re: Starbound Beta Details Dec 5, 2013, 11:32 Fibrocyte

Anyone know of any decent hosted game server services that'll support Starbound?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Starbound Beta This Week
6. Re: RE: Follow up Dec 2, 2013, 10:00 Fibrocyte

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 08:30:
If only there was the capability to mulithread, cache in memory and perform read-aheads. If only...

Then again, that would imply there was some effort being placed in to actual production value.

This isn't a question of loading a map that already exists. This is more than likely just their way of having a glorified loading screen while new content is being generated.

This is not unexpected and that amount of load time - considering it is a one-time thing for that particular planet/world - is not excessive.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
63. Re: Into the Black Dec 1, 2013, 12:06 Fibrocyte

Isn't this a repeat of news from a new days ago?  

News Comments > State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay?
14. Re: State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay? Nov 29, 2013, 19:09 Fibrocyte

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 15:15:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 15:01:
The inventory/item management interface is clunky - clearly this originated as a console game.

Brilliant deduction! :p It was an XBLA blockbuster last summer and is being ported to PC by popular demand. That's why it's early access; the game itself was already finished.

I wasn't deducing - I already knew the history. I was just pointing out that it still has strong console influence on the PC.

6. Re: State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay? Nov 29, 2013, 15:02 Fibrocyte

Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:41:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:45:
I bought SoD a few days ago and wasn't very impressed after about 20 minutes of gameplay. I'm going to give it another go this weekend but I doubt I'll find it as enjoyable as some people on this site.

I felt the exact same way during the first 20 minutes or so but trust me, it gets better. There will come a point where you realize how awesome it can be. It never plays out the same and there are some awesome things that can happen. I don't want to say anything because it will spoil it.

Okay, cool - I'll play more.

5. Re: State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay? Nov 29, 2013, 15:01 Fibrocyte

jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 14:18:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:45:
I bought SoD a few days ago and wasn't very impressed after about 20 minutes of gameplay. I'm going to give it another go this weekend but I doubt I'll find it as enjoyable as some people on this site.

Interesting. What didn't you like?

Well, the engine is a little weak. It doesn't matter which setting I use from lowest to highest, the shadows are just ugly/intrusive.

I left the main cabin, visited some tents, came back to the main cabin and the survivors were dead. It isn't clear if this was because I did something wrong (for example I did not board up the windows) or if it is unavoidable / part of the story.

The inventory/item management interface is clunky - clearly this originated as a console game.

And... I'm not sure if the game is actually fun.

Like I said though, I'll give it some more time and hopefully my opinion will improve.

News Comments > Black Friday Consolidation
2. Re: Black Friday Consolidation Nov 29, 2013, 13:50 Fibrocyte

This article is specific to the U.K.  

1. Re: State of Decay Breakdown DLC Delay? Nov 29, 2013, 13:45 Fibrocyte

News Comments > WoW's Ninth Anniversary
9. Re: WoW's Ninth Anniversary Nov 24, 2013, 05:45 Fibrocyte

ESO beta is horrible right now. I really hope it improves dramatically before release.

At the moment it cannot hold a candle to FFXIV.

News Comments > The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Early Access
1. Re: The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Early Access Nov 19, 2013, 04:58 Fibrocyte

What is this I don't even.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending
19. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending Nov 13, 2013, 09:38 Fibrocyte

Sho wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 08:34:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 07:54:

Steam is so convenient and non-intrusive that I would hesitate to categorize it with typical DRM. Why must people whine so damn much about nothing?

It's not whining to point out that none of Steam's convenience and non-intrusiveness derive from its DRM features; it'd work just as well if it didn't have them, and it would allow users additional freedoms that I've sometimes desired in practice. I use Steam, I get value out of Steam, but I think it could be even better. Fortunately, it actually has been improving, too.

I think having DRM-free purchase options for games only increases the pressure on Steam to improve, so I think it's a good idea to ask for them for that reason alone. However, I've also sometimes explicitly bought a game from a different vendor than Steam because circumstances required me to have those additional freedoms Steam doesn't offer (for example, concurrent logins).

Having an opinion != whining.

I don't disagree with much of what you said, but still stand by what I said. This was the comment I quoted:

"Sooner you do, the sooner I buy! No more money for Gabe Newell's DRM."

That is whining. He did not state that Steam has value but he wants it to get better.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending
14. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending Nov 13, 2013, 07:54 Fibrocyte

Optional Nickname! wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 07:43:
"We’re starting work to get Shadowrun Returns available on GOG.com right now - not sure how long that will take but we’ll let you know as soon as we have an answer."

Sooner you do, the sooner I buy! No more money for Gabe Newell's DRM.

Steam is so convenient and non-intrusive that I would hesitate to categorize it with typical DRM. Why must people whine so damn much about nothing?

News Comments > Warcraft and Warcraft II Coming to Modern PCs "In Some Form or Fashion"
5. No subject Nov 11, 2013, 10:11 Fibrocyte

FFXIV is a damn good MMO in the mean time. The PvE is done really well and PvP is coming in early December. Yeah, it'll take time to balance PvP but there's plenty of PvE for me in the meantime. Plus, the game is just downright beautiful.  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups
6. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups Nov 9, 2013, 02:55 Fibrocyte

El Pit wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 02:21
: Why is Blizzard making Hearthstone?
A: We looooooove money. [/quote:

95% of the other game makers out there would say the same thing. The remaining 5% who say otherwise are liars.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 2, 2013, 21:15 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 16:27:
Why do you think I've always said, "Google is not your friend."

People should always be looking at most corporations from an entirely hostile and adversarial perspective. Apple especially.

Google is fine if you aren't a cry baby. I don't mind if they advertise towards my interests since they give me the best free search engine, best free email, etc.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
26. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2013, 21:12 Fibrocyte

Even if we stop treating him like a traitor he'd still be one. What a stupid coward that guy is.  

News Comments > Thief Trailer
10. Re: Thief Trailer Nov 1, 2013, 18:56 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 18:47:
Jesus, they're really just destroyed this property.

Well sayed.

News Comments > ROAM vs How to Survive
13. Re: ROAM vs How to Survive Oct 28, 2013, 13:51 Fibrocyte

Alamar wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 13:40:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 11:29:
Quboid wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 10:59:
I can see why he'd be concerned but this is why you don't go public until you're damn sure. At best he's looking silly and if 505 Games aren't amused he could be sued.

I presume ROAM, the game, existed in development before 505 contacted Roam, the developer - so it couldn't be that in fact they're ripping off 505's idea (which I think was Creston's point, that you seemed to have missed Fibrocyte).

505 contacted ROAM through Kickstarter. Suggesting that Ryan ripped off "Monster Island" and is now trying to cover it up by accusing 505 of stealing from him is absolutely absurd. If Ryan stole from anyone then his best course of action is to stay quiet.

So I didn't miss Creston's point at all. Creston missed what is going on here. However, like I said in my initial post, I agree that he should've did some serious fact checking before going public.

How is it absurd that eh may have stolen the idea from "Monster Island"...

Maybe because he didn't know about it before this fiasco... Oh wait, who claimed that? : )

-Alamar

Because he's the accuser. This isn't a complex situation, guys.

9. Re: ROAM vs How to Survive Oct 28, 2013, 11:29 Fibrocyte

Quboid wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 10:59:
I can see why he'd be concerned but this is why you don't go public until you're damn sure. At best he's looking silly and if 505 Games aren't amused he could be sued.

I presume ROAM, the game, existed in development before 505 contacted Roam, the developer - so it couldn't be that in fact they're ripping off 505's idea (which I think was Creston's point, that you seemed to have missed Fibrocyte).

505 contacted ROAM through Kickstarter. Suggesting that Ryan ripped off "Monster Island" and is now trying to cover it up by accusing 505 of stealing from him is absolutely absurd. If Ryan stole from anyone then his best course of action is to stay quiet.

So I didn't miss Creston's point at all. Creston missed what is going on here. However, like I said in my initial post, I agree that he should've did some serious fact checking before going public.

5. Re: ROAM vs How to Survive Oct 28, 2013, 10:49 Fibrocyte

Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 10:40:
What to do when you're stealing someone's game:

Step 1) Accuse the other guy of stealing YOUR game.

It's okay if you don't understand what is going on here.

1254 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo