Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1255 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners
8. Re: Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners Dec 19, 2013, 16:23 Fibrocyte

Wetworks wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 15:39:
I bought Scrolls when it first came out but it wasn't worth it to me to keep playing it. For some unforgivable reason Scrolls doesn't work with Avast antivirus. I have to disable Avast just to play Scrolls, even after all these months the problem hasn't been fixed yet.

Doesn't really matter, I'm having so much fun in Hearthstone that I doubt I'll ever go back to playing Scrolls.

I suspect I'll like Hearthstone more, too. But in the meantime Scrolls might hold me over.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners
4. Re: Gift Copies for Scrolls Owners Dec 19, 2013, 14:36 Fibrocyte

This was nice of Mojang. As with Half-Elf, I'd love to jump into this game if anyone has a spare key they don't need.  

News Comments > DayZ Character Wipes
5. Re: DayZ Character Wipes Dec 19, 2013, 14:34 Fibrocyte

Darks wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 10:14:
The forums were alive with people complaining about the game. Most were saying the mod is better. I personally donít care for this kind of game because of all the player killing that goes on. It get to out of hand with people who like the camp and are being asshats about it.

PVP is a huge (intentional) factor in this game. You should expect the worst from most people you run across.

However, spawn camping is nonsense and you have the option to switch servers when that happens.

News Comments > Rise of the Wang
8. Re: Rise of the Wang Dec 19, 2013, 06:47 Fibrocyte

harlock wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 23:51:
its all in the reflexes

+1 for BTLC reference.

News Comments > DayZ Sales Soar
27. Re: DayZ Sales Soar Dec 18, 2013, 16:26 Fibrocyte

Fly wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:39:
Incredible game. There's just nothing like it and the scope will be enormous. Will take time, but will be worth every step of the way.

...So I was looting some town in the dark of night, far North of Elektro. The wind rustling through the bushes beneath the trees. Faint sounds of wildlife stirred my nerves under the moonlight. The sound of my footsteps upon the wooden floor, creaking ever too loudly.
I crept out from a shanty town house and nearly fell out of my chair. The screams of zombies beyond the door shattered my nerves. Through the window, I could have swore I seen a survivor. Their flashlight beam reflecting off the wall. Much like my blood as the zombies tore at my skin. Unconscious, I became. Respawn.

Aaaaand... sold! I'll give it a go.

15. Re: DayZ Sales Soar Dec 18, 2013, 10:54 Fibrocyte

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 10:11:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 05:22:
This or RUST? I'm not buying either right now but I suspect I'll eventually own RUST.

I'd throw 7 Days to Die as well. Which will be The One?

I already backed 7days2die. I'm just waiting for release instead of jumping into it early.

12. Re: DayZ Sales Soar Dec 18, 2013, 05:22 Fibrocyte

This or RUST? I'm not buying either right now but I suspect I'll eventually own RUST.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
14. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 10:47 Fibrocyte

I'm still on the fence about supporting this game...

Can anyone recommend a controller/flight stick to use with it?

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 17, 2013, 08:44 Fibrocyte

Rhino wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 05:34:
Kosumo wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 01:31:
You guys remember back in the day, before that sale; when Rhino used to have money, he was so happy then.

What happened?

Crazy Coughing Paperbag

Heh heh. Ah, I'm just on a high at the prospect that that pathetic, over dramatic, attention seeking, whiny, food devouring blob might be getting out of here. I'd kick her out if she weren't watching the kids during the day while we were at work. Though her stupidity and ignorance have lead to some amusing moments.

Mother in Law: "Oh, she's looking at you with bedroom eyes!"
Me: "That would mean that our infant daughter wants to have sex with us, and that's not happening, here."

My Mother in Law), sitting on the floor with one of the kids, staring at one spot on the floor in front of her. My wife and I noticed this.
Wife: "Mom, is something wrong?"
Mother in Law: "Oh, there are a couple of centipedes here on the floor."
A few seconds go by.
Me: "...maybe you should DO something about that."
Mother in Law: "Oh, they're burrowing in and out of the carpet."
Now I know she's looking to be dramatic. It's carpet, and centipedes aren't tunneling into the floorboards at such a rate that they can't be scooped up with a tissue.
Me: "Jesus Christ, here, I'll do it.
*sigh* Those aren't centipedes."
Mother in Law: "Sure they are. I saw them all of the time growing up. Those are centipedes."

Let me describe these centipedes:
Their bodies consisted of three segments. These three are oval in shape, roughly. The head segment had a pair of antenna, and the creatures had six legs.

And it goes on and on... those are just a couple of the amusing ones. I don't want to think about the ones that made me almost abandon my policy of non-violence.

Fun story!

Using the cardinal latin numeral prefix I'd guess those insects were sexapedes.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2013, 13:39 Fibrocyte

Starbound deserves to be up there. Great game with excellent developer support.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 14, 2013, 19:22 Fibrocyte

*tumbleweeds* for the 6 people who actually read bluesnews, but the millions who still play WoW probably care.  

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam "Any Day Now"
6. Re: Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam Dec 14, 2013, 13:41 Fibrocyte

Revengeance is such a stupid word.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
33. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 12:54 Fibrocyte

jomisab wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 10:40:
I'm sure it's easier to get funding when someone like John Carmack is your CTO.

That's correct. When you build a company, you build it to be successful. What's the problem?

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
82. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 13:46 Fibrocyte

BitWraith wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 13:11:
Beamer wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 12:48:
BitWraith wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 11:46:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 11:42:
BitWraith, I didn't know you were an architect.

I'm not. It's a hypothesis. I don't have any way to prove it to be true myself, so a hypothesis it remains. It seems reasonable to me, but I'm not out making videos and websites about it, either. Since it came up in conversation, I don't mind discussing it. Believe whatever you want.

It seems reasonable to you because you aren't reasonable.

Did you really say that the Twin Towers look like a controlled demolition, therefore it reasonably may likely have been such?

Jesus, man. Jesus. I don't even have words beyond that.

You don't know me, so you don't know that I am, in fact, reasonable.

I didn't say that the Twin Towers look like a controlled demolition. I said that WTC Building 7 looked like a controlled demolition, which is completely different from the words you're inserting into my mouth. And it does, BTW, look like a controlled demolition.

So you do controlled demolition for a living? I trust your trained eye in this matter.

76. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 12:56 Fibrocyte

TheGenk wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 11:54:
@Fibrocyte: (Quote got lost somehow)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi
Read some history, go on, read it!

With todays technology and the amount of spying they are apparently doing the NSA is capable, should they decide to, to take over the US government(openly or covertly).
What should scare you is the fact that it might have already happend and then there is nothing you can do about it because any attempt from your side to challenge them will result in them using their detailed information about you against you.

I've already watched V for Vendetta. Do I still need to read that whole thing?

23. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 10:59 Fibrocyte

Verno wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 10:50:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 10:28:

What is the NSA's end game with all this? To steal my credit card number? To steal my identity? No - it's to protect America. The mentality of 'they don't have a right to do this until I've done something wrong' simply doesn't make sane, rational sense.

I don't know how you attach "sane, rational sense" to an argument for essentially entrusting almost every available piece of information on every citizen in the entire country to a government organization, one that has loose oversight at best and literally lies to congress about its activities. I understand that technology changes and government has to change with it but that just seems too far reaching and something I would expect from a dictatorship. If that is what is required for our national security then I think I would rather deal with terrorist attacks and their aftermath.

The idea that government should always be trusted is naive, we have countless examples in history of government suppressing its perceived political opponents just as one example, let alone its citizens for other reasons. I remember reading on Ars last month that some of the diggings into NSA abuse revealed employees using tools to stalk ex's and dig up dirt on fellow co-workers.

Your Ars comment is reason to improve their internal processes - not eliminate the their efforts altogether. You don't think USPS workers have abused their access to sensitive information? Should we shut them down for that reason?

I'm all for more oversight if that's required - but I can't agree with the neverending bitching and whining that goes on about the NSA.

20. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 10:54 Fibrocyte

Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 10:46:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 10:28:
nin wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 10:05:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 09:59:
FFS. Who CARES!?

Hopefully sane, rational people?

What is the NSA's end game with all this? To steal my credit card number? To steal my identity? No - it's to protect America. So why should I care if they track my gaming patterns, read my emails, monitor my cell phone activity? I don't need to fully understand why they need to do these things to achieve their goals for me to be okay with it. If they exposed what, how, and why they do everything that they do then it would be simple for "terrorists" to circumvent the NSA's methods. I would rather they be PROACTIVE in their efforts (scour everyone's data for specific patterns) so they can stop events before they happen rather than reactive.

The mentality of 'they don't have a right to do this until I've done something wrong' simply doesn't make sane, rational sense.

Maybe you should consider the possibility that the intelligence that they acquire could be used to blackmail anyone who gets in their way, including members of Congress, the Senate, or even the President and his administration, not to mention us peons. Do you really believe that this sort of thing isn't already happening (General Petraeus ring any bells)? What's to stop them from taking over the country from within? How do you know that they haven't already? You do realize that defense industry contracting companies design, build, and maintain these systems don't you? They aren't run by the government. Do you think corporations have your best interests in mind or that they should be running these systems? You really need to expand your mind a bit and think about how dangerous this is and stop being so naive. Maybe read a history book or something.

There is a reason why Eisenhower and Kennedy both warned about the Military Industrial Complex.

Ehh... I can't really get on-board with conspiracy theories. Sorry.

13. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 10:28 Fibrocyte

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 10:05:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 09:59:
FFS. Who CARES!?

Hopefully sane, rational people?

What is the NSA's end game with all this? To steal my credit card number? To steal my identity? No - it's to protect America. So why should I care if they track my gaming patterns, read my emails, monitor my cell phone activity? I don't need to fully understand why they need to do these things to achieve their goals for me to be okay with it. If they exposed what, how, and why they do everything that they do then it would be simple for "terrorists" to circumvent the NSA's methods. I would rather they be PROACTIVE in their efforts (scour everyone's data for specific patterns) so they can stop events before they happen rather than reactive.

The mentality of 'they don't have a right to do this until I've done something wrong' simply doesn't make sane, rational sense.

3. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 09:59 Fibrocyte

FFS. Who CARES!?  

News Comments > Starbound Beta Details
17. Re: Starbound Beta Details Dec 5, 2013, 15:33 Fibrocyte

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 14:31:
harlock wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 11:37:
havent played it yet but its supposedly takes the terraria concept and runs with it

2d platforming metroidvania style - randomly generated worlds, enemies and loot.. multiple races for characters, towns with npcs and quests, random events, dungeons, crafting and building and spaceship upgrades, rpg-like character stats, pets, co-op.. some other stuff i probably forgot

the art quality is quite a bit better than terraria, also it may have some story/world history elements where terraria does not

Forgot to add that it is overpriced.

Did you post this in the wrong thread or are you just incredibly obtuse?

1255 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo