Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1209 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 17, 2014, 06:38 Fibrocyte

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 20:13:
ChildChildren can swipe a screen but can't use toy building blocks, teachers warn.

Yeah, the rule is no screens before 3, then 30m per day after that. Not good for the kids.

/boggle

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 05:39 Fibrocyte

PropheT wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 22:55:
Just how screwed up are things when they give out awards for telling the truth. Oy

It seemed like a moronic prize and then they confirmed it by giving it to Snowden.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Apr 8, 2014, 05:37 Fibrocyte

I have to completely disagree on the driving sim games. I bought one because of the comments on blues and it's not relaxing at all. Maybe if I had a better driving apparatus than mouse+keyboard it'd be more enjoyable.  

News Comments > On ESO Charges
2. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 09:43 Fibrocyte

Task wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 09:13:
Wow if someone has insufficient funds to play an MMO, they should probably be spending the 15 bucks in their bank account on NOT a game.

If your card is declined for ANY reason then you're unable to play, which is wrong. You already paid for the first 30 days.

This really is a shitty process.

News Comments > Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins
2. Re: Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins Mar 14, 2014, 11:01 Fibrocyte

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 10:00:
Too little too late. What a waste of using Turbine skills to bring such a game out now. MOBA's are on the decline already, the novelty has worn off.

MOBAs have been around since the early 2000's. Are you SURE the novelty has worn off? Also, are you sure you know the definition of novelty?

Plenty of people still enjoy MOBAs today. I may give this a try.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode "Almost There"
10. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Mar 14, 2014, 10:50 Fibrocyte

nin wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 10:24:
Quboid wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 10:06:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 09:58:
Only EA could draw something like this out so long. Any programmer could have fixed it in 5 minutes at most and that includes testing the change.

Is this sarcasm or comic exaggeration, or do you actually think this is a quick fix? What do you think a programmer is going to do in a few minutes?

Considering it only took hackers 2 weeks?

More sarcasm or comic exaggeration, I assume?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
82. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 4, 2014, 08:25 Fibrocyte

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 22:00:
Wow....lots going on in here....99% not about the games listed...hahahahah

/65 tards on my tard list. Lots of them banned over the years (used the script until the update, then added all of those people), lots of them no longer around, but some are still very active. oh well. My life is busy, I don't have time for some of the garbage/attitudes - they get blocked.

//17 messages in this thread are blocked - and I have no doubt I am blocked by several.....

People disagree with xXBatmanXx or don't care for his whining so they become 'tards' (classy, btw) and go on his ban list.

How do you deal with conflict IRL, cupcake?

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending
4. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 20:24 Fibrocyte

Fion wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 19:57:
Thankfully 2.01 condenses the crafting mats. Lets mats, more stacks, very nice.

And yea, like in a WoW expansion, you'll be replacing most of your gear inside an hour lol.

Excellent. Thanks for the info, Fion.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2014, 14:59 Fibrocyte

Blue: You should've taken advantage of the downtime to implement a mobile version of this page.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 9, 2014, 15:39 Fibrocyte

jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 14:02:
Google Tops Exxon Mobil to Become World's 2nd Most Valuable Company.

Information is the new oil?

Snowden is the new BP?

(Get it? It's a joke about leaks)

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 9, 2014, 13:01 Fibrocyte

Panickd wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 12:24:
Fantaz wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 11:54:
"I can call ‘Flappy Bird’ is a success of mine. But it also ruins my simple life. So now I hate it."

WTF? how can making a game ruin ur life? a little criticism shy, are we?

Ever since the game launched there has been a vocal group claiming that the download numbers for the game were artificially inflated and that brought his other games under scrutiny. If you didn't do anything wrong and if you're not used to being in the public eye that kind of negativity can be tough to take. I can see why he's unhappy and wants to be left alone. And let's face it, if he was making $50k a day he can afford to walk away now and just say, "Fuck it!"

If I were him, I'd leave the game up to keep the cash stream alive and just disconnect myself from the internet. Hell, he could go spend 3 months on some secluded island and then just purge his e-mail/messages upon return.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend
2. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend Feb 7, 2014, 14:50 Fibrocyte

MoonSpook wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 09:09:
As mentioned yesterday in On Sale, Get Games Go has a sale on BL2 as well, some of their prices are cheaper than the Steam equivalents, so check there first.

Good tip. I always check cheapshark.com before buying any game anymore.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Loadout
16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Loadout Feb 1, 2014, 08:22 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 22:55:
Yeah, this would be great....if I was 14.

Huh... all of your comments have always made me think that you were 14.

So... you're downloading it now?

News Comments > ESO Imperial Edition Outed
25. Re: ESO Imperial Edition Outed Jan 29, 2014, 17:50 Fibrocyte

Fantaz wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 17:18:
BuckwalterIII wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 16:46:
There is an ongoing closed beta of TESO (not the weekend ones) which is open 24/7 and continually played. May I just say this game is in pretty rough shape. Being in the beta has literally shown me why I will never buy or play this game.

This CE/Imperial thing really was the icing on the cake for me. Besides the boring questing, terrible terrible loot, lack of group mechanics, no auction house, no housing, no dueling capabilities, and just general poor gameplay mechanics.

do they still have a text-to-speech engine for the NPC voices? that sounds so stupid...

I didn't hear it in the latest beta weekend - everything sounded good. Plus, why would anyone care about that. It's just placeholder stuff.

I saw significant improvements from a few beta weekends ago to the most recent one.

News Comments > ESO Imperial Edition Outed
12. Re: ESO Imperial Edition Outed Jan 29, 2014, 13:29 Fibrocyte

Ripperjack wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 11:00:
briktal wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 09:43:
You forgot the biggest part:

"The Imperial Edition will also have exclusive digital content including the ability to play as an Imperial in any alliance"

Buy the CE and get access to a whole new race.

Wow, the game has only now just gone into Beta, and they are already pushing the Pay-2-Win button.

I hope this trend does not go farther than this, or the game is going to end up like every other F2P Pay-2-Win trash!

So they did not just enter BETA (they've been running betas for many months now) and this is in no way pay-2-win.

Why did you even post?

74. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 11:25 Fibrocyte

Krovven wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 06:43:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 06:26:
Krovven wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 04:35:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 01:37:
You have a source for these sales figures and the development budgets of ArmA3 and DayZ?

Yep, Google. You have fingers, use them.

Translation: Due to the possibility and probability of me being wrong, I'm not going to cite my sources. Instead, I'll ask you to go out and try to find the information yourself and then just say you're bad at google when you can't do it.

You were saying? Don't bother taking the foot out of your mouth, it suits you.

At a glance, none of the links you provided show development budgets for Arma3 and DayZ. See the original quote above if you're confused on the sources you need to cite during your second attempt.

Hey... at least you tried.

58. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 06:26 Fibrocyte

Krovven wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 04:35:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 01:37:
You have a source for these sales figures and the development budgets of ArmA3 and DayZ?

Yep, Google. You have fingers, use them.

Translation: Due to the possibility and probability of me being wrong, I'm not going to cite my sources. Instead, I'll ask you to go out and try to find the information yourself and then just say you're bad at google when you can't do it.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
11. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 27, 2014, 06:23 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 18:41:
And so much for EQ Next. You'd think those idiots would have learned from the failure that's DCUO. MMOs do not belong on consoles. I don't some shitty control scheme because it has to be designed for console controllers. Pass.

FFXIV works just fine on the console and it is damn near impossible to tell if someone is on PC or console w/o asking them if you're both in the same group.

Why do you continue to make such moronic assertions?

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 13:30 Fibrocyte

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 11:38:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 11:31:
Objectively bad games do not top the Steam best sellers for weeks on end... So go ahead and keep on with your meaningless hate, but don't tire yourself out too soon; there's no telling how long it'll be on this list.

bla bla bla. Already have my request in for a refund.

You know SIMS is one of the most purchased games ever? Nuff said.

But you're a habitual cry baby and DayZ is not for the faint of heart. You requesting a refund is understandable. You being given a refund is absurd.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2014, 13:43.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jan 25, 2014, 05:19 Fibrocyte

Prez wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 01:45:
I got The Bureau - XCOM at Get Games - www.getgamesgo.com - for 7 bucks today in case anyone is interested. I am intrigued enough by the premise to risk that much at least.

Thanks for the tip - I may give it a try too.

1209 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo