Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email fibrocyte@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1250 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Strife Open Beta
6. Re: Strife Open Beta Aug 30, 2014, 07:36 Fibrocyte

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 06:29:
oh wow.. another MOBA.. snore

"exciting new take" ... haha if it's moba it's moba. Nothing you do with that can make it exciting or new Though if it has vs AI ... maybe....

As opposed to another FPS, or another RPG, or another 4X, and so on...

So in your mind, once the game's genre has been defined there is no room left for innovation and creativity. Wow.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
26. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 27, 2014, 11:54 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 03:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 01:55:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:38:
Upgrading legendary gems has no cost other than completing a greater rift. The only catch is there's some percentage chance of it failing (haven't seen it yet, it probably has to do with the rank of the gem versus the level of the rift you progressed to).

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:20:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:13:
Yeah, everything's offline again. Sucks, I was in the middle of a greater rift. =/

You should know better than to play a Blizzard game on a patch.. week

It's not them, it's those DDoS asshats. It had been smooth as silk all day long since the servers came back up from maintenance, then suddenly community services went down, party matchmaking went haywire, and then my game was terminated. Entire B.net is offline.

B.Net works fine for me.. If it was DDOS then it would be nice to have some proof... otherwise it is exactly how every single D3 patch ever looked to me..... maybe I am just unlucky

Well.. or the DDOS didn't affect European B.Net or maybe we just got bigger pipes

Well said Eraser, but it wont convince the fanbois. Its not Blizzard being cheap and not having enough servers for peak demand. Its never Blizzards fault.

You're a worldclass moron.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month
6. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 16, 2014, 17:23 Fibrocyte

The base version is just disappointing for some reason... I'm having a hard time being interested. I guess I'll give it another try before WL2 is officially released.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 16:09 Fibrocyte

Alamar wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:55:
Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:40:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:15:
Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:12:
nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:18:
Guess Divinity is the new skyrim. Congrats to them!

Dammit, I was gonna say the same thing!

Okay, okay, let's put our wood away. When it's still in the top ten a year from now we can start saying that.

Or we can just give credit where credit is due. DOS is a top notch RPG that deserves the success it is receiving.

Granted, but it's been up there 3 weeks, not 30, so it's not really even close to Skyrim (yet?).

The play style/game type isn't popular enough for it to be up there for 30 weeks. Either way, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game and will likely play through it a second time using 2 classes I didn't touch in the first play through and going Lonewolf on both.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 15:40 Fibrocyte

jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:15:
Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:12:
nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:18:
Guess Divinity is the new skyrim. Congrats to them!

Dammit, I was gonna say the same thing!

Okay, okay, let's put our wood away. When it's still in the top ten a year from now we can start saying that.

Or we can just give credit where credit is due. DOS is a top notch RPG that deserves the success it is receiving.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2014, 06:19 Fibrocyte

Divinity Original Sin is excellent and there's no reason to wait 4-6 months.

Does anyone know if Divinity 2 was good? I know it's slightly different but now I've got the Larian itch again.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 8, 2014, 22:03 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 19:46:
How is their silence growing exactly? They were silent before but somehow they're getting more silent? Kind of like when someone says 'hold very very still', not just very still, but very very.

They were not silent at all - I received constant e-mails from them asking for my support and they are/were at the forefront of the effort.

News Comments > Firefall This Month
7. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 12:14 Fibrocyte

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 10:47:
Thread hijack, the Warlords of Draenor beta pretty much tells the Pandaria-style atmosphere to fuck off as soon as you get ported to the Dark Portal. It's definitely the darkest timeline and it remains that way through much of what's playable.

Even a god damn dog dies by getting impaled from a spear by a super dick.

The problem is I have several level 85 (or whatever the previous max was) level chars but since I mostly skipped MoP I'd need to grind out those 5 levels and I don't want to do that. Oh well.

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week
4. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week Jul 3, 2014, 14:23 Fibrocyte

Where is Cutter to bitch about how long this series is taking?  

News Comments > Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold
50. Re: Minecraft Passes 50M Units Sold Jun 26, 2014, 19:44 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 16:48:
Dagnamit wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 15:06:
Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 13:46:
Dagnamit wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 11:33:
C'mon Cuts, your Minecraft hate only comes across as jealousy. Also, there's no such thing as an in-crowd.

And everything else you have to say is invalid after that statement.

you just don't offer any valid criticism of the game other than saying its a bandwagon affair. Newsflash, most popular things start off as a bandwagon, but Minecraft has absolutely transcended all boundaries. Like I said, (you read it) it's a cultural phenomenon. It reaches almost everyone now. This in-crowd of which you speak, is almost everyone but you. the "in-crowd" is just phrase used to disparage something.

Clearly you don't understand a thing about sociology. You can do a doctorate on the topic if you like but I'll keep it simple.

"What is a cultural phenomenom?

A cultural phenomenon, also known as the bandwagon effect, occurs when certain individuals behave a certain way merely because other individuals do as well. An example of a cultural phenomenon is the trend of sending flowers on Valentine's Day.

A cultural phenomenon also occurs when something or someone gains widespread popularity. This includes everything from films to musical artists to clothing styles. The thing that gains popularity is not a cultural phenomenon; rather, the cultural phenomenon is the process of something becoming popular. For example, Beyonce accumulating a large fan base is a cultural phenomenon. The theory is people are more prone to like something because other people like it."

And yes, the in-crowd isn't me. Never has been, never will be. I disparage anyone who goes along because it's the easy thing to do. Because they're afraid to be on the outside. I've rebelled my whole life over that shit. Maybe I'm just a contrarian but the idea of living a life going to BBQs and ballgames, and hanging out around the water cooler talking about American Idol or playing Minecraft simply because other people do makes me throw up in my mouth.

What criticism of the actual game do I need to provide? That its ugly? That other games have editors that allow you build stuff? If you think mining pixels or voxels or whatever the fuck they are is the height of culture then you're only proving my point for me.

What exactly does Minecraft provide as an actual game that no other game can provide. Please educate me. What exactly is the draw that's so utterly compelling and unique about it? I tried it for all of 30 minutes and I literally found that watching paint dry was far more entertaining. Literally.

No, it's a cultural phenomenon. One member of the herd hears about it and is told that this is what all the cool kids are doing. And being the conformist he is he can risk social alienation or he can go along with the crowd. Then when someone asks him about it it gives him a sense of validation and self-importance. And the cycle continues.

I'll just leave this here on my way out....
Conformity

Wow - I always pegged you as unintelligent, often drunk, and probably homeless or damn near it, but now I can add fruitcake to the list.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 on PTR
7. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 on PTR Jun 26, 2014, 14:26 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:46:
nin wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:35:
InBlack wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 09:29:
Great, so 6-12 months before it hits live....

Hope they reveal another expansion at blizzcon this year...more classes, please.

More trading please. And PvP. Without these two things Diablo is dead to me There is no reason to interact with other players, none whatsoever. I find this very sad as Diablo 1 and 2 used to be great places to hang out, and shoot the shit once in a while...

Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 23, 2014, 17:03 Fibrocyte

10GB is certainly silly and their reasoning seems a little bit like BS. Rather than pointing out that any mistakes were made they just said that they've been optimizing the game. Ugh.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
24. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:59 Fibrocyte

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:52:
For some reason, steam will not let me log into a browser window here at work. Yet I can download the client and log in fine...

Brilliant!

Same problem here. Glad/sad to know it isn't just me.

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
23. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 13:49 Fibrocyte

WaltC wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 12:56:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 11:54:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 09:58:
...just...lol...
Most of the Macs use Intel integrated graphics, so it really isn't a platform to consider :p

The Intel Iris 5200 plays many games just fine on my macbook pro. Is it the ultimate gaming rig? Of course not, but I can certainly still game on it.

What you call "gaming" and what I call "gaming" are no doubt two entirely different things...;)

Probably the only Mac sold today that would be capable of running the games I play would be a Mac Pro--and even that is "maybe." And, most of those games would have to be run under Windows via Bootcamp because 95%+ of the games I play are not OpenGL and have not been ported to OS X at all.

Basically, today, building your own box is the only way to go--you can build one that's less expensive than any of the OEMs will build and sell you, and you'll have higher-quality components, with better factory warranties, as well (especially an overpriced brand like Alienware, for instance.) Business is booming in the PC DIY market--just take a gander at the hundreds of options of motherboards, power supplies, gpus, ram DIMMs, hard drives and the like that sell on Amazon. If Amazon wasn't moving a ton of them they wouldn't be listed--indeed, it would be hard to find companies selling PC components individually if there weren't millions of steady buyers globally.

Gaming, of course, is for *desktops*--doesn't matter whether you're talking Macbooks or Windows laptops, desktops are *the* way to go for gaming (not to mention they'll do everything else better, too--with only one exception: running on batteries. Desktops don't that well at all...;))

Intel integrated graphics are the absolute bottom-of-the-barrel when it comes to the support of games--which is exactly why many Windows laptops feature a second gpu to be used exclusively for gaming--either an AMD or nVidia gpu, alongside the Intel igp. The Intel igp is simply insufficient for any task other than low-power operation on batteries--ie, cell-phone-like gaming support.

Our ideas of gaming aren't different. I primarily game on a gaming PC that I built and re-create with new hardware every few years.

However, I travel a lot for work and play those same games on my laptop because it is capable. Yes, I'm using bootcamp to get to Windows because there typically isn't OS X support but it would be great if I didn't have to.

Also, MBPs have the option for a secondary Nvidia video card. Though my particular model only has the Iris.

The two games I'm playing right now at a comfortable FPS with decent visuals are Wildstar and Diablo 3.

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
10. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 11:54 Fibrocyte

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 09:58:
...just...lol...
Most of the Macs use Intel integrated graphics, so it really isn't a platform to consider :p

The Intel Iris 5200 plays many games just fine on my macbook pro. Is it the ultimate gaming rig? Of course not, but I can certainly still game on it.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
25. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 11, 2014, 08:51 Fibrocyte

Ventura wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 07:04:
Torment 4 grinder here, about 220 paragon levels in, my main is a Barbarian. I was firing it up daily until about half a week ago, when I just stopped playing, and I've had no urge to play since.

It's a good game, I'm just... over the grind. The game really doesn't have a whole lot of depth when you stop to think about it.

I'm mostly in the same boat. My witch doctor can farm T5 solo (though T4 is much faster) and I abruptly stopped playing when Wildstar was released. I may pick-up D3 again at the next expansion if they add some more interesting elements other than just an extension of the story.

News Comments > Star Citizen Patched
12. Re: Star Citizen Patched Jun 7, 2014, 14:25 Fibrocyte

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 13:54:
Timmeh wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 13:18:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 12:05:
Christ, if we are going to get news every-time this game is going to be patched, might as well rename the site StarCitizenNews.com.

Being that the site is "bluesnews" I think Blue is free to post whatever the hell he thinks is news. especially if its something major going on in the PC space.

Go make your own site and post whatever the hell you want.

oh yeah.. the obligatory :-)

Yeah but I don't think you really understand what smiley at the end means.... SARCASM. However I could forsee it getting out of hand with this one. But at this time, sarcasm. Go look up internet rulebook.

After reading more comments... I suggest a few more go look up how this all works. I could smiley or /sarcasm at the end.

You'll get this type of response anytime you question one of Blue's decisions. The man is flawless - don't you know that by now?

News Comments > WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers
20. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 20:49 Fibrocyte

Fion wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 20:25:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 19:19:
Fion wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 13:33:
When there are other games out there that offer content twice as often as that and quite often very good content without a monthly fee attached, (no matter your opinion of said MMOG), doesn't that make you think 'if they can do it.. why cant these guys?'

$60 purchase + Monthly Fee, with microtransactions almost surely just around the corner? Hell no.

Microtransactions like WoW which aren't Pay-To-Win are completely irrelevant. Please stop spewing bullshit.

Hah nothing about any of my posts on the subject are about pay2win. I'm not knocking microtransactions, they can be viable. My point was simply that I'm not paying $60 + $15 a month + microtransactions for this game.

I simply assumed you were talking about pay-to-win microtransactions because why would they be relevant to this conversation otherwise?

Box fee is mandatory. Monthly fee is mandatory. Microtransactions are optional. So when we're talking about what it costs to play this game why would you care if the company is also making some extra money off an optional offering that isn't game-changing?

18. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 19:23 Fibrocyte

Frijoles wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 15:43:
I just unlocked housing in the game this morning. My character is so poor now. And the last few hours are a blur. Oh lordy, I'm playing Barbie's Dream House instead of questing. What has become of me?

Seriously, A+ on the housing in this game.

Haha nice. BTW, my suggestion for making early game gold is to become a survivalist and then sell the wood you get from trees. Tier-2 wood sells for 8 silver each (to vendors) which adds up quick. I had my mount and house at 15. Other gathering skills may yield similar gains but I haven't tried them, yet.

17. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 19:21 Fibrocyte

born2expire wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 10:21:
They originally launched with a whopping 3 PVP servers. GG Carbine

And they were bringing new servers online, multiple times, on day 1 and beyond. It would have been better for them to have to fewer servers with the ability to immediately scale out than to have too many servers with very low server populations. They had to go one route or the other and IMO they did it wisely.

In addition to all that, they're already offering free server transfers in case you were separated from your friends - that's respectable.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2014, 19:48.

1250 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo