Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vulkan

Real Name Vulkan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vulkan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 17, 2007, 21:46
Total Comments 243 (Novice)
User ID 43580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > From Software Sold
14. Re: From Software Sold Apr 28, 2014, 15:01 Vulkan

Not sure wtf everyone in this thread is on about but FromSoft owns the rights to the Dark series, it's Demon's that they don't own. The change from Namco to Kadokawa is also a good thing, it means a bigger budget for From and finally getting rid of terrible, terrible Namco.

In any case, I'm not sure about everyone else but the last thing I want to see is another Souls game. A new Tenchu, a new Otogi, bring Armored Core over to the PC or, dare I say it?

METAL WOLF CHAOS 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unity 5 Announced
5. Re: Unity 5 Announced Mar 18, 2014, 20:25 Vulkan

With Unity 5, Kerbal Space Program will finally get some sorely needed 64 bit support on Windows platforms, one of the best bits of good news I've heard this week.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2014, 19:42 Vulkan

If there's one thing about Black Knight 2000 that's going to stick with me forever and ever, it's the soundtrack.

http://youtu.be/QQPGtzmStq4

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
25. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 14:47 Vulkan

The first stage and last stages were absolutely dreadful, IIRC I never finished the game due to all the hitscan enemies in the last stage being able to hit you from miles away.

The Norse and Greek stages were both better than the other 2, though that's not saying a whole lot.

What they should have done, is done a remake of the GBC version of Daikatana, which was quite good.

News Comments > New Frictional Game Trailer
14. Re: New Frictional Game Trailer Oct 1, 2013, 16:49 Vulkan

Don't know about everyone else but this looks more SCP than System Shock to me.  

News Comments > DayZ's Real-Life Survival Inspiration
14. Re: DayZ's Real-Life Survival Inspiration Aug 29, 2013, 00:52 Vulkan

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 23:00:
Imagine trying to climb K2 though, seriously look at this picture. That mountain wants to fucking kill you!

It's the Murderhorn!

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 24, 2013, 22:57 Vulkan

Fantaz wrote on Aug 24, 2013, 18:02:
e-books take longer to sift through pages, and there's something about reading paper under sunlight that I think is better for the eyes than staring at backlit screens for many hours.

I used to feel the same way about mobile readers until I tried an e-ink display, they don't use backlights at all.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Dedicated Servers Planned
7. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Dedicated Servers Planned Aug 22, 2013, 14:21 Vulkan

Black Ops 2 also had dedicated servers on PC yet hitreg and lag compensation in that game were some of the wackiest I've seen in any FPS to date, it just felt really off compared to previous games.  

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
19. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 14:12 Vulkan

WyldKat wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 13:35:
I hope they take their time and get it right. That said, if they wait TOO long the State of Decay MMO might be out, then all bets are off. Other than the Xbox 360s jankiness because it couldn't handle all the interiors in SoD, I really enjoyed that game. Melee felt far more responsive and I actually felt like I had an impact on things by rescuing NPCs, building up a base, and getting supplies for that base.

I do hope future versions will have more realistic vehicle handling, though, they're FAR too twitchy.

Slight caveat though: I wouldn't be at all surprised if State of Decay 2 ends up being One exclusive.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rogue Legacy
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rogue Legacy Jun 27, 2013, 21:58 Vulkan

The Giant Bomb quick look got me to play it: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-rogue-legacy/2300-7631/

It's a fun, cheap time waster, though if you're one of those people that are sick of indie platformers this won't do anything to change your mind.

News Comments > LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen
17. Re: LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen Jun 14, 2013, 14:52 Vulkan

I'm not gonna try and shift blame from the thief to the poor guy, but this is why I never let go of my messenger bag whenever I'm at a public place, that thing stays on my shoulder at all times.

That said, I truly hate LA.

News Comments > Pinball FX2 on Steam Next Week
4. Re: Pinball FX2 on Steam Next Week May 3, 2013, 20:10 Vulkan

So when is The Pinball Arcade coming to PC? That one has both the Twilight Zone and Medieval Madness tables available for it, which are the only 2 I give a damn about anymore.  

News Comments > DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011
20. Re: DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011 Apr 3, 2013, 23:04 Vulkan

Calling it: Next id shooter will be Kickstarter funded.  

News Comments > Hybris Announced
4. Re: Hybris Announced Mar 1, 2013, 17:09 Vulkan

Oh yeah great game. Played it twenty five years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QBStOhiIzA Love the music.

I remember visiting a computer shop (Remember those?) out in New Mexico back in the day and witnessing for the first time both Hybris and Sidewinder, walked right out of there with an Amiga 2000 in my arms.

Was a little sad finally putting the ol' C128 out to pasture though.

News Comments > PC Resident Evil 6 Gets New Mode
7. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 Gets New Mode Jan 26, 2013, 23:37 Vulkan

The question is: Will No Mercy support multiplayer this time around?  

News Comments > Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month
21. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 19, 2013, 11:43 Vulkan

Finally! Can't wait!

I hardly read anything avout thia DLC but I think it'll be awesome. You can fly dragons now! I hope it's possible in Skyrim too and not just Solstheim.

The few screenshots I saw dragged me back to Morrowind's fond memories. Why walk when you can ride(, outlander)?

Don't get your hopes up with the dragon mounts as it is the weakest part of the DLC, the rest is great though.

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
6. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 13:55 Vulkan

why exactly? tv's and monitors have (generally) the same aspect ratio. i'm assuming it's "correct" because console hardware is incapable of handling a normal FOV.

It's because you're generally sitting farther away from the screen.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Zombies Trailer
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Zombies Trailer Sep 26, 2012, 18:43 Vulkan

The zombies must have a bitchin' dental plan.  

News Comments > Castle Crashers on Steam This Week
6. Re: Castle Crashers on Steam This Week Sep 23, 2012, 13:57 Vulkan

This is one of those already good games that's a million times better when you've got 3 other people to play it with.  

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle 6
11. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 6 Sep 19, 2012, 10:42 Vulkan

Worth it just for the Shatter soundtrack, good lord is the music in this game great.  

243 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo