Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Przemek

Real Name Przemek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Soulburner
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2007, 13:24
Total Comments 53 (Suspect)
User ID 43517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Mod Tools Beta
1. Re: The Witcher 2 Mod Tools Beta May 13, 2013, 11:14 Soulburner

Hmm, any idea if these mod tools are advanced enough to allow someone skilled to make a first person perspective mod? :]  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced
7. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced May 7, 2013, 10:35 Soulburner

I'm not sure if I just didn't notice or was there no mention of "id Software" in the trailer? I know Bethesda bought all the rights to id titles, but it just seems wrong with no id Software logo somewhere.

It would be funny as hell if it used Unreal Engine instead of any implementation of id Tech

Also, didn't Carmack or some other id guy say some time ago that they will not outsource any of their IPs and work on their titles in-house only from now on?

News Comments > Bethesda's New Tease
2. Re: Bethesda's New Tease May 6, 2013, 13:56 Soulburner

Techie714 wrote on May 6, 2013, 13:43:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Fallout 4?

Probably not..lol

Not Fallout 4, the news says it's not related to anything Bethesda Game Studios is working on.

News Comments > Chasm Kickstarted; Demo Available
3. Re: Chasm Kickstarted; Demo Available May 6, 2013, 13:50 Soulburner

I also thought about the old shooter. I remember how I thought "wow, it looks better than Quake!" back in the day.  

News Comments > Project Hell Becomes Hellraid
8. Re: Project Hell Becomes Hellraid Apr 29, 2013, 18:08 Soulburner

Give me a shotgun and a nailgun in this game, please!  

News Comments > XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August
11. Re: XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August Apr 26, 2013, 12:14 Soulburner

Third person shooter? Back when it was a first person shooter I thought it was very interesting. Now... I don't.  

News Comments > Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to "Next Adventure"
37. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 15:27 Soulburner

I hope they are making Fallout 4 now. Unfortunately, hiring Obsidian to do it is a bit unrealistic because they are busy with their own game, Project Infinity. When they finish it, a Fallout: Something is very likely - a few weeks ago someone from Obsidian mentioned they would like to do it and Bethesda would like them to do it too.  

News Comments > Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects
9. Re: Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects Feb 12, 2013, 12:31 Soulburner

Another FPP-RPG Fallout from Obsidian? Day one purchase!  

News Comments > RAGE Tool Kit
33. Re: RAGE Tool Kit Feb 9, 2013, 09:54 Soulburner

Rage, of course, has many things that could have been done differently:
- invisible walls in some areas. There could be some visible obstacles there to make it more obvious the player should not go there
- killed enemies don't leave weapons. The weapon models disappear.
- the minor pseudo-RPG thing could have been done a little differently. Why the need to press "enter" so often when "talking" to NPCs? If we'd have dialog options then sure.
- the storyline was weak and simply unfinished
- static world, physics limited only to ragdolls and two or three crates

There are only two or three areas in the game in which you get instantly shot if you walk a different path than the intended. They're at the begining of the game as some sort of a tutorial.

There are many good things about the game, though:
+ solid first person shooter gameplay. The last time I had so much fun with a shooter was back in the days of Quake 2
+ one of the best ragdoll physics I've seen
+ diversified maps and enemies. I have not seen any other game like that
+ level of detail: when you move closer to something you saw in a distance, you don't see the models changing its level of detail or suddenly popping before you. Everything you see is simply there.
+ when you stop watching the textures too closely, you start to notice they are awesome in overall. So even if Rage might not be considered the best demonstration of virtual textures it's a great future for artists.

The Mod Tools are late... very late. John Carmack complained about it at least a few times on twitter. Tim Willits may be a good lead designer but he's very poor at interviews. It is also the first id game built by a much larger studio. Doom 3 and earlier were developped by like a dozen people. This time, there were around a hundred (or more) - some miscomunication may have occurred and made Tim Willits 100% sure the mod tools would be ready at launch.

News Comments > RAGE Tool Kit
22. Re: RAGE Tool Kit Feb 9, 2013, 03:49 Soulburner

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 21:19:
Reading the pdf and there's some hilarious tidbits about how non-functional this editor is. First, the install is up to 45GB. Ok, I have a 1TB HD and can give that one a pass. But then loading a map takes upwards of 60 minutes. Loading simple assets takes 30 minutes. Smaller maps take 30-40 minutes. Who is going to put up with such long and numerous load times to mod a game so few are playing?

John Carmack did say they are using a 300 core renderfarm for that purpose. Remember, you are not dealing with standard textures here, that's gigabytes of data that needs to be uncompressed. No matter how much you might dislike how Rage looks, it's a totally different technology to UE3 or CE3.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's REDengine3 Details - The Witcher 3 Image?
43. Re: CD Projekt RED's REDengine3 Details - The Witcher 3 Image? Feb 4, 2013, 05:18 Soulburner

I do not see texture loading when quickly looking around with my mouse. The release date problems are long gone. If you see texture loading in Rage on your PC today, your PC has a problem or you are a cyborg. Static shadows? Ok. Green shadows? Where?

Most of all, it's simply a great game. I stopped looking at the textures up close and just focused on the world in overall and noticed it looks beautiful and plays great. The ragdoll physics are probably the best I've seen so far, next to Left4Dead.

Are the textures ugly as hell up close? Sure they are. Does it mean Rage uses bad technology? Nope. Megatexture or virtual texturing is a paradise for artists. So maybe it wasn't used to its full potential in Rage, possibly thanks to focusing on consoles' hardware. Was the PC version neglected? Yup. However, the 'detail texturing' update did introduce bicubic texture filtering which is kind of new in 3D games.
Is the gameplay flawless? Of course not. There's a lot of unnecessary and gameplay mechanics, invisible walls, etc.... but it's fun!

Am I a "Rage defender"? Sure, the game needs defending against opinions of people who saw only videos and screenshots of walls.

40. Re: CD Projekt RED's REDengine3 Details - The Witcher 3 Image? Feb 3, 2013, 13:36 Soulburner

Oh, yeah, Rage is ugly:
http://www.electricblueskies.com/category/community-shots/rage/
There was another website with some kickass Rage screenshots, but I can't find it.

7. Re: CD Projekt RED's REDengine3 Details - The Witcher 3 Image? Feb 1, 2013, 12:14 Soulburner

Great screenshot. Kind of makes me dream about a first person perspective RPG game from CDP. Putting the backs of a third person perspective playable character in front of that view would ruin it, IMHO ;p  

News Comments > RAGE DLC Next Week
32. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 05:04 Soulburner

Awesome news! I thought id and Bethesda would leave Rage and never come back to it. Thankfully, I was wrong.  

News Comments > Medieval CryENGINE 3 Footage
17. Re: Medieval CryENGINE 3 Footage Dec 11, 2012, 08:43 Soulburner

Is this going to be a first person perspective game, similar to The Elder Scrolls or recent Fallout games? If so, I'm hyped  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
31. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Dec 4, 2012, 16:02 Soulburner

To anyone that has problems with the installer failing - you have to:
1. uninstall the current drivers and reboot
2. extract the drivers installer with Winrar or 7zip
3. open Device Manager and find your graphics card. Double click it and select the "update driver" button, then point it to the extracted files
4. The system will install the driver only - reboot just in case
5. NOW, run the installer normally. It will complete without failing.

It's weird. Earlier, I've tried only uninstalling the drivers and running DriverSweeper, but that did not help.

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
122. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 18, 2012, 08:27 Soulburner

I like Windows 8 and I'm not a new poster. Also, I've been visiting Bluesnews daily since... I don't know, 2001?

Windows 8 has some very nice improvements on the desktop. The ribbon in explorer is surprisingly useful, the new file copy dialogs are a great improvement. Under-the-hood improvements in Win8 are also very good. The system feels a lot more responsive than Win7. The "Metro" interface is also a nice thing - you just have to get used to it. And once you do, it makes sense.

I remember Windows 7 not being such a success we are made to believe today. I recall people posting on forums how stupid and useless the new taskbar is. That is huge, that there is no separate quicklaunch bar and the Internet was full of tricks how to bring the pre-7 functionality back. Windows 8 is not much different.

I do, however, think that closing the Modern UI apps only to the Windows App Store is a bad idea. I'd be okay with it on Windows RT devices, but all x86/x64 editions should allow "sideloading" of apps. The app store would be a source for certified apps only.

So I understand why Gabe Newell and others criticize Windows 8 so much and I agree with them. That doesn't make Windows 8 itself a bad OS, though.

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
22. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 16:18 Soulburner

I love Windows 8. It's fast, I like the desktop UI changes, I even like the Modern UI apps and the start screen. I use it on a desktop PC and see no issues with it being designed for touch.

But I agree with these comments from Croteam, Gabe Newell, etc. Closing the platform is a really bad idea. I hope more developers voice their concern - maybe Microsoft will change its mind? I don't think that's likely, but if game developers avoided the Windows App Store and "Metro" apps, it would make Microsoft execs at least think about it.

Since I'm a satisfied Windows 8 user, I hope all the criticism of the app store doesn't impact the games I run on the desktop. It would really suck if a game would run flawlessly on Windows 7, but would crash or otherwise work badly on Windows 8, just because developers don't agree with the Modern UI app store philosophy.

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
10. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jul 24, 2012, 02:49 Soulburner

Regarding Fallout, I also believe New Vegas was brilliant. The writing, the dialogs, the side quests! Each companion had an interesting story and quests associated with them. The dialogs were engaging (with speech skill and some perks greatly influencing gameplay) and often funny.

While playing Skyrim, after I while I started noticing what's missing. The dialogs weren't any fun, including the dialog options. The speech skill was useless. Side quests were mostly rather uninspired. And I'm bored! And New Vegas... I keep returning to it and always find something cool. The DLCs were also pretty nice.

So yeah, Bethesda, please hire Obsidian to do Fallout 4. Maybe while Obsidian would work on Fallout 4, Bethesda could focus on the new Elder Scrolls game. That would be pretty good, wouldn't it?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Jun 27, 2012, 09:15 Soulburner

So this is no longer a first person tactical shooter?  

53 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo