Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Roger

Real Name Roger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Angry Young Man
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 8, 2007, 23:14
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 43276

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > C&C3 Limited Collection & RA3 Beta
24. No subject Mar 1, 2008, 20:32 Angry Young Man

Dawn of War craps on C&C 3 to be honest. I've played the original DoW, all expansions, single and multiplayer and somehow it always manages to keep my interest after all this time. Yet while playing C&C 3 I was pretty much bored half way through the GDI campaign. The much touted FMV (which I didn't have high hopes for anyway) was poorly scripted and the acting wooden and utterly cheesy (go and watch the RA2 FMV for an example of *good* cheesy acting). I would have rather they canned the FMV and spent the money on the game. The music was instantly forgettable as were the sound effects. The graphics were so-so, and I actually ended up turning off the effects because they were so overdone. I could have forgiven all of the above if the gameplay had been good, but it was dreadful. All the units had paper armour which pretty much eliminated any level of strategy and battles were resolved by simply piling up units in one place and then steamrolling the AI, that was up until the late game, where all that was needed was to tech up in the first 5 minutes of the game and roll out the top units which would wipe the floor with everything else. Most importantly though, unlike DoW, C&C 3 had no character, no soul, everything about it is generic and lifeless.

Tiberian sun suffered from some the same problems, yet RA2 didn't, so I guess I can hold out some small modicum of hope that EA might just manage to make a game out of RA3 that makes me think, even for a second, that someone did actually give enough of a shit to make it fun and engrossing and not generic pap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Details
6. No subject Feb 21, 2008, 14:27 Angry Young Man

I can't see how this game can ever be as good as AvP2, but the co-op could make this an interesting diversion nonetheless. Stay frosty, Marines.

News Comments > GameSpot Editor Fired Over Review?
95. Re: Summary... Nov 30, 2007, 18:24 Angry Young Man

Quote:
I have been in the industry too long to know that one person can't make a difference. End of the day, think about what puts food on your dinner plate.

Take them for what they take you. Play the game like they do.

Seriously.

If you want to make a difference, do it on your own time and your own causes.

There is many more worthwhile things you can be doing.

The rat race is full of rats.

I won't say who I work for (it's a company we all love but I play the game like everybody else

What I say comes from reality, if you get burn't out nobody will give a shit, they will just replace you. I've been down that road, there is nothing there. Its a game, play it . Make your money, retire, play the system and do your own "hobby".

Fuck the corporate world. After all its fucking itself.

-----

Shoddy advice. Just because you have zero integrity and will power doesn't mean you should preach it to others.

People who are this disillusioned with the environment they work in need to get out rather than feed the corporate machine with their fucking misery.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Unreal Tournament 3
30. No subject Nov 19, 2007, 16:05 Angry Young Man

I quite enjoyed the UT3 demo, though for some reason I sometimes get horrible stuttering that makes DM all but impossible to play. VCTF is awesome, though the demo VCTF map certainly isn't. Anyway I'll definitely be buying this.

Also, the GamePro award was... interesting, "Most Innovative Game"? Do they even know what innovative means? Fuckwits, if you're going to give out awards, at least try and make them plausible.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
1. No subject Nov 12, 2007, 13:56 Angry Young Man

Guitar Queer-o.

Sorry, just felt the urge.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Saga Announced
10. Hmm Oct 2, 2007, 18:10 Angry Young Man

I never really see the point in these compilation packs. I mean, anyone who is into C&C probably has most of the previous games anyway, and those that haven't tried C&C before aren't likely to be interested in a load of really dated games.

Actually, anyone who hasn't played C&C yet has really missed the boat. Red Alert 2 was the last decent C&C, none of the newer C&C games deserve the title as EA have turned a classic franchise into a pile of generic crap.

Go and pick up the Dawn of War anthology instead of this.

News Comments > EA Gets More Ubi
6. Well Aug 8, 2007, 19:23 Angry Young Man

I didn't really need any more of an excuse to stay away from Ubisoft games. I avoid them like the plague already, same as EA. Both publishers have a really poor track record of forcing out games before they are ready, having poor support and milking tired franchises dry.

At least if EA buy up Ubisoft I will only have one shit publisher to look out for.

Go to hell Electronic Arse, and take UberShaft with you too.

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo