Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3077 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 1
18. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 1 Jun 10, 2014, 02:32 NKD

Rockstar doesn't give a shit about PC. The only reason PC is getting GTA5 is because it's not too much trouble while they release it for next gen.

Fuck any idiot who falls for Rockstar's tricks and buys this game twice.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers
10. Re: Into the Black Jun 10, 2014, 02:16 NKD

I'm in for the co-op alone.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2014, 18:54 NKD

No, A 'Supercomputer' Did NOT Pass The Turing Test For The First Time And Everyone Should Know Better

Straight up bullshit. No news here.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 0
11. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 0 Jun 9, 2014, 18:48 NKD

Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 18:22:
I get that exclusivity periods of DLC are easy, I mean, it just costs money and if there's one thing MSFT has it's money, but does it actually sell systems? Does anyone actually care? I suppose people must, but I buy systems for games. I buy very, very little DLC. Basically, if it isn't in the box I'm not buying it, so I get DLC if and only if I buy a GOTY edition.

Does it sell new systems? I don't see how it could. Virtually everyones reaction to exclusivity periods on systems they don't own is "Fuck you, eat a bag of dicks." That's not really a sentiment that you want people having towards your company. Exclusionary practices are not a way to build new customers. Obviously you're going to make more enemies than friends. But it DOES build loyalty among existing customers who can't look past their own selfish desires to see the behavior for what it really is.

Everyone has exclusives. That's just business. But Microsoft were the ones who pissed me off first, so I'll be buying Sony consoles and will probably never own an MS console again. I imagine there are other people like me who Microsoft has alienated.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 0
7. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 0 Jun 9, 2014, 18:19 NKD

The catchphrase for this years E3 seems to be "New content first on Xbone". MS has bought up an exclusivity period for DLC on things like The Division, Dragon Age, Assassins Creed, etc.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jun 9, 2014, 10:01 NKD

Frijoles wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 09:48:
Wildstar has the worst spam of any MMO I've ever played. And I played ESO, so that's saying a lot. No way that I can see to easily report spammers, either (needs a right-click option in my mail). I kind of wonder why MMOs aren't able to more easily ban spam. Seems like it'd be an easy problem to solve (this email just went to 50 people and has a URL in it, better flag it for review).

I'm not sure why we see so much spam in Wildstar. Their automated bans for gold spam are EXTREMELY aggressive (to the point of causing a significant number of false positives when people set off triggers while merely DISCUSSING gold spam in zone chat), why can't they filter it out at the same time?

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $45M
33. Re: Into the Black Jun 8, 2014, 23:36 NKD

harlock wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 21:28:
NegaDeath wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 20:19:
a nazi sympathizer

should i even bother to ask?

Dude was downplaying the Holocaust and playing up the benefits of the Third Reich in a previous thread. I believe the context was he wanted a game where he was a Nazi hero.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2014, 01:24 NKD

Redmask wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 23:19:
No one cares about your ignore list, putting people on ignore when you were the one at fault is asinine. Its a very transparent attempt at saving face and pointless when you could have just said 'oops i should have read a bit more closely, my mistake'.

e: Please feel free to put me on ignore for daring to make sense though, I'll happily wear that badge.

There's really no reason for Cutter to be here. He contributes nothing. Honestly, he makes a token negative post, which nearly everyone has learned now to disregard, and then moves on to the next post.

It's always some inflammatory bullshit based on reading the headline and not the article. And if it's not that, it's some bullshit that is so infuriatingly wrong that he's either stupid, or a troll. And he just ignores anyone who doesn't agree with him. He doesn't have enough knowledge on any subject to sustain any kind of conversation or debate, so when you post a rebuttal, he disregards it rather than put any effort into discussion.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released
17. Re: Watch Dogs Conspiracy! DLC Released Jun 5, 2014, 17:17 NKD

Task wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 16:45:
I don't think Ubi understands what "Conspiracy" means. It certainly doesn't involve cyborgs.

Says the guy with an avatar related to a game where there is a conspiracy involving cyborgs.

News Comments > Steam FAQ Adds Early Access Caveat
9. Re: Steam FAQ Adds Early Access Caveat Jun 5, 2014, 04:52 NKD

Luke wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 04:00:

Does that include Star Citizen

I don't know. I don't really follow Star Citizen that closely, I don't know what disclaimers they've given, if any. Certainly you're taking your risks buying into a title that ambitious, but if they haven't been clear that the title might end up being something less than indicated, then that's on them, at least partially, not on the people who bought in with the idea that they were going to deliver.

News Comments > Steam FAQ Adds Early Access Caveat
7. Re: Steam FAQ Adds Early Access Caveat Jun 5, 2014, 03:46 NKD

If the developer and Steam make it clear that there is no promise the title will ever reach a certain state of features and content, and you still pay your money for the game in its current state, then that's that. If the game doesn't turn out how you want, you don't get to cry six months later and say it's not complete enough and demand your money back. You DO get to go fuck yourself however.

Early Access is buying a game in its current state with the hope that it'll be more. The hope, not the guarantee. If you can't handle this arrangement, don't buy Early Access titles and you don't have to worry about it. It's pretty fucking simple.

Certainly more simple than trying to come up with some convoluted and ridiculous system for defining what is or isn't a "finished" game.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
26. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 17:13 NKD

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 17:02:
Towyn wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 16:58:
Dirwulf wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 16:07:

The story in the game so far is pretty boring. I've been playing for a week straight, but I did have to start over on day 2 because of the save game bug. I haven't even finished Act 2 yet, because I've been doing all the side missions and collectibles. I have been having fun, but I'm to the point that I kind of just want to do the missions and get the story over with already.

The story feels a bit lackluster and predictable... the same "plot twists" that you see from a mile away, the same rather unsatisfying ending... The story is definitely something I wish they would have invested more effort in, a pity, cause the game is a lot of fun.

I finally did a couple missions last night. After I did the "back seat driver" mission, it opened up all of the upgrades, and I am maxed and I haven't even started the game. ahahhahaha I guess all of my time doing side stuff was helpful! I have almost $1M.....not sure why money is such a focus.....after buying all guns (about 200k+) all you need to do is buy ammo...

/raptr says I have 30 hours in the game

At one point about mid way through the story, maybe a bit before, you unlock the ability to buy all those one-time hack things from a vendor. They can drain your funds pretty quickly if you use them a lot. Other than that, not much to buy, yeah.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
9. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 15:15 NKD

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:47:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:34:
. They say this is not only a Ubisoft record, but it also makes Watch Dogs the bestselling new IP in history based on NPD and GFK data and internal estimates as of June 3, 2014.

BS

Peak players on Steam is only 25k. Well below SEVERAL games. There is no way this set any records other than their own.

Cause Steam stats represent Xbox and Playstation sale right?

Seriously, for better or worse, this game was the "poster child" for Next Gen consoles. It's going to be even more console-heavy on its sales than most titles. People literally bought consoles JUST for this game. Whether that was smart or not doesn't matter. That's how it goes. Also it's sell-through, so that's actual copies in the hands of people, not just rotting on shelves.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 1, 2014, 21:54 NKD

I can't play Distant Worlds because I can't read the font on my monitor :/ Haven't found a mod for it either.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
71. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 21:53 NKD

Sexism in game content is a lot less of a problem than sexism in game development studios and the gaming community at large.  

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
15. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 1, 2014, 21:51 NKD

If you're a more casual MMO player, don't bother with this title. It's quite a grind to level if you don't have a static 2-3 person group, and they've focused their modest budget on PvE endgame so that they don't need a bunch of subs to keep the game rolling along.

There's other stuff in the game, but that's where their focus is. So if you're not interested in that, don't bother.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
2. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 11:35 NKD

Cutter wrote on May 31, 2014, 11:32:
Was there one weird little trick to it?

Rapists hate her!

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
54. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 21:28 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on May 30, 2014, 21:21:

I had to get use to driving and the car handling in the game. It's not as good as GTA4/5 but slightly better then Saints Row 3 and Sleeping Dogs, but Motorcycles are just as horrible as Saints 3 and Sleeping Dogs.

I found myself actually preferring motorcycles in Watch Doge after I spent some time with them. My gamepad was having issues so I had to go back to KB/Mouse for driving, and for some reason motorcycles were a lot easier for me with KB/Mouse than cars were. Plus it's a lot easier to not kill civilians with the smaller profile.

And the city is full of little sidewalks and stairs that motorcycles handle easily but cars will not. And being able to thread Blockers is nice too.

51. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 21:17 NKD

Creston wrote on May 30, 2014, 18:08:
It's just sad to see how little stuff there is in WD, while said stuff IS in GTA5. I can't even imagine how little there would have been in WD had they not delayed it right after GTA5 came out and they realized their game would have looked terrible compared to it.

Probably shouldn't be watching biased, literally one-sided videos by people with an axe to grind if you don't want to feel sad.

Maybe I ought to make a video where I compare Saints Row to GTA by rubbing my car against a wall and then declare the Saints Row series literally unplayable shit.

46. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 18:01 NKD

Finally beat the story last night, and I've gotten through most of the side stuff now.

I'm interested to see where they go with the franchise. I'm hoping a Watch Dogs 2 will be similar to Assassins Creed 2 in terms of a bump in focus. Like figuring out what worked, what didn't, and doubling down on what did. And of course fixing the performance disaster. Game looked and ran phenomenally for me, but my system is nowhere representative of what developers should be targeting.

All in all, I'd say it's a solid first installment for a new game, but you can definitely see a lot of AC1 in it, where they didn't know exactly what they wanted to do.

3077 Comments. 154 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo