Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3927 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
14. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 11, 2015, 22:41 NKD

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 11, 2015, 21:55:
NKD wrote on May 11, 2015, 21:37:
Fuck preordering this game. Waiting for the inevitable "Enhanced Edition"
I'll wait for reviews... and maybe a small discount in the Summer Sale.

Edit: Who am I kidding. I don't even have time to play this. Too many other things in the backlog right now. Maybe I get it in Holiday Sale or next Summer Sale instead.

That's the way to do it with these guys. There'll be some enhanced edition that is cheaper and more polished a ways down the line. Better experience for less money? Sign me up.

How to become an "indie game developer": Dye your hair a bright color, take a strategically angled profile pic, create a Tumblr account, fight on Twitter all day, and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES ever create an actual game.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
10. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 11, 2015, 21:37 NKD

Fuck preordering this game. Waiting for the inevitable "Enhanced Edition"  

How to become an "indie game developer": Dye your hair a bright color, take a strategically angled profile pic, create a Tumblr account, fight on Twitter all day, and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES ever create an actual game.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week
21. Re: Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week May 9, 2015, 07:28 NKD

harlock wrote on May 9, 2015, 07:04:
NKD wrote on May 8, 2015, 14:26:
Xero wrote on May 8, 2015, 08:05:
Someone needs to drop the nail in AC coffin already. This series has gone on waaaaay too long. Has it already eclipsed Resident Evil? A franchise from the 90s that has numerous spin offs and sequels? lol

If people stop buying it, they'll stop selling it. People shitting al over something on Blue's News means nothing to Ubisoft or any other company if they still sell millions of copies.

wow you must be a genius.. did you figure this out all on your own?

Nah your mom helped me.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 9, 2015, 04:10 NKD

Amazon’s rapid growth is driving gentrification into popular neighborhoods such as quirky, traditionally gay, Capitol Hill. But Capitol Hill is becoming ‘less gay’ and LGBTQ hate-crimes jumped from 6 in 2011 to 19 in 2012.

What are they trying to say?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse May 8, 2015, 18:23 NKD

Did they also remove men and women references from their clothing?  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week
19. Re: Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week May 8, 2015, 14:26 NKD

Xero wrote on May 8, 2015, 08:05:
Someone needs to drop the nail in AC coffin already. This series has gone on waaaaay too long. Has it already eclipsed Resident Evil? A franchise from the 90s that has numerous spin offs and sequels? lol

If people stop buying it, they'll stop selling it. People shitting al over something on Blue's News means nothing to Ubisoft or any other company if they still sell millions of copies.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs
12. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs May 7, 2015, 07:52 NKD

Agent.X7 wrote on May 7, 2015, 00:41:
I think it was a mistake to not allowing flying mounts in the new expansion. I would come back and play if I wasn't forced to take 10 minute gryphon rides all the time, or trek out of my way to reach a place I could easily fly to. They thought it would keep people in the game, but they thought wrong.

Lack of flying mounts didn't really bother me because there was literally no reason to leave my garrison. I'm not sure what you were planning on doing with your flying mounts.

I think the larger problem is that it's Garrison Simulator 2015: Make More Alts Edition.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 5, 2015, 13:03 NKD

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 5, 2015, 12:42:
Oh, and I certainly don't see the Democrats as superior in all ways. Unfortunately they are in most though. Primarily because the Republicans take so many noxious positions in addition to the few good ones they have. The bad far outweighs the good there.

Yeah, even if a Republican came along with a good number of policies I agreed with, their pandering to the people who want an ignorant anti-science theocracy in our country would make it impossible for me to justify voting for them.

I can look past a few policies I don't like. I can't look past disgustingly regressive social ideals.

If we had a multiple party system, there could be a party for people who like certain conservative policies but don't believe in outlawing being gay or atheist.

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
4. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 5, 2015, 12:09 NKD

More companies need to sign off on free fan projects instead of DMCAing them down.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 3, 2015, 19:29 NKD

Sometimes I feel like we're living in a Person of Interest episode.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 2, 2015, 22:42 NKD

Redmask wrote on May 2, 2015, 21:19:
Cutter wrote on May 2, 2015, 12:01:
No it's not. Once people realize they wasted their money on the latest useless fad it'll be over before it began.

Other things you've been wrong on include vaccination causing autism, smartphones being a 'fad' and predicting records were going to take over again from mp3s. I wonder how it feels to be completely out of touch with the rest of the world.

Cutter has a pretty low batting average for someone who seriously considers himself some kind of infallible prophet.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley
62. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 2, 2015, 04:37 NKD

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 1, 2015, 20:12:

We've all seen so many tech demos over the years that pan out to be nothing

Like Star Citizen?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 2, 2015, 02:00 NKD

People need education about how disruptive the lasers are to pilots. When I see this topic come up I see a lot of people talking like it's "common sense". It's common sense that a laser will annoy someone, it isn't common sense that it can distract them enough to cause an incident or cause blindness. Most people are unaware of the differences in the laser wavelengths and power. They picture the pilot just seeing a little blinking light down there like someone with a flash light. Hell, most don't even know that you can actually hit the small, relatively fast moving target by eyeballing it from the ground. It's typically little more than a kid playing with something they think is a harmless toy, because in fact they are marketed as toys and used as toys.

Retardedly steep sentences don't do shit because A) nobody hears about them and B) most people aren't even aware it's a crime. The deterrent value of a steep sentence is only helpful if everyone knows about it, but that's not how the world works. You can't "make an example" of someone by sentencing them if the media doesn't report on it beyond a couple techie sites read mostly by people who aren't shining lasers at planes.

It's up to the media and other people to talk about the issue, which no one is doing, because frankly the media are just as ignorant as everyone else when it comes to the effect of higher powered laser pointers on pilots.

Like most things, it'll probably take a horrific accident to get any media coverage on the risks. Thankfully there haven't been any accidents or near misses associated with laser pointers, despite thousands of occurrences each year.

32. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 12:43 NKD

Creston wrote on May 1, 2015, 11:25:
I'm pretty sure this exact same render is possible with DX11 as well, and is more a function of massive rendering power and very skilled artists than some kind of OMGDX12MAJICS!!!

Unlikely. It's very easy to create a workload situation that shines in DX12 and absolutely crumples in DX11. I'm sure that's what they've done here. This is just a prettier version of the other tests showing DX12 smashing DX11 to bits.

4. Re: DirectX 12 Video Crosses the Uncanny Valley May 1, 2015, 09:17 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on May 1, 2015, 09:10:
Sure let me pony up for 4 Titan X's.

But what I don't get, is that with the consoles being AMD (360 PS4) why you would use a Final Fantasy game (that has never been a major graphics whore) to showcase DX 12.

It's not in-game shots from an FF game, it's a real time tech demo like a 3DMark scene or something.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 1, 2015, 09:10 NKD

I love the track record video game opponents have of losing everything. I wonder who will be next?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch
21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch May 1, 2015, 05:47 NKD

Apparently this patch also kills the Script Hook people have been using to do mods.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
32. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 16:30 NKD

I still think Watch Dogs has a pretty solid concept, it just needs iteration in the same way that AC1 -> AC2 did. AC1 was dreadfully boring and I struggled to get through it. But then AC2 and AC:B had me glued to the games until completion.

I enjoyed Watch Dogs a lot more than I enjoyed the first Assassin's Creed.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2015, 07:31 NKD

Redmask wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 07:19:
Squirmer wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 04:11:
Maybe if GG weren't hurling torrents of abuse at people there wouldn't be a need for an automated blocklist just a thought.

They were blocking anyone who disagreed with them, literally. It has nothing to do with abuse, they just don't want any opposing view points. Sorry that doesn't fit with your internal narrative but thems the breaks.

Not sure why he'd think it was just for abusers anyway. The admins of the blockbots proudly admitted that being blocked wasn't just for abusers but rather for anyone who argued with them on Twitter, or anyone who even followed one of their detractors. They even had "levels" like some kind of sex offender registry. But the levels were rather pointless since literally anyone using it blocks all levels.

None of this is Gamergate propaganda, it's all straight from the horses mouth.

News Comments > Hatred in June
45. Re: Hatred in June Apr 30, 2015, 02:17 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 02:07:

K...so who are they exploiting? They wanted their game to be on various digital platforms, and the SJW's came out of the woodwork crying over it. So far the only ones trying to exploit the game for anything are the ones who don't want it to be sold. Especially when they trot out the discredited "games cause violence..." bullshit.

Yup.. if the SJWs hadn't made a big fuss like Jack Thompson was coming back in style, not a lot of people would have heard of this game. The developer has only done very basic marketing. I, myself, only heard about it because of the controversy posted here about it some months back.

Like you said, the only people exploiting this game are the SJWs using it to say violent video games should be banned without actually saying it.

3927 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo