Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3399 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
9. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 13:08 NKD

Also interesting is the recommended specs listing 6 and 8 core CPUs rather than just a fast quad core. Quad core is the minimum.

New console generation definitely pushing things along a bit already.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
1. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 09:42 NKD

Makes sense. Can't keep memory usage under the 32bit addressing limit forever.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 2, 2013, 23:44 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 22:01:
FAA panel: Wi-Fi is safe on planes even during takeoff and landing.

I'm glad they finally owned up to it. If it was truly a danger, they'd force people to turn them off and store them in carry on.

If it was truly a danger, they'd confiscate them at security and you'd never see them again, like all the other dangerous items. Definitely a good move here moving towards getting rid of that silly restriction.

News Comments > EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters
1. Re: EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters Oct 2, 2013, 21:28 NKD

Pretty good idea for really old MMOs with dwindling player bases. EQ2 is a raiding game and this helps get some new or returning blood into the raid scene.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed
26. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 18:40 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 18:02:
Redmask wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 17:48:
The boss battles were fine, just a bit out of place. People whined about them endlessly but they were a really insignificant part of the whole game.

Yep. They basically boiled down to: Hit F2 twice.

Good ol' Typhoon. You could always spare the augmentations to afford it easily before the first boss and just use it as a boss fight skip button.

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed
15. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 16:27 NKD

They did great with DXHR and I'm hoping that can improve upon it even further with the next game. Too early to say of course.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: $100 gadget to block the NSA Oct 2, 2013, 01:30 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 00:14:
I bet it'll be just as useful (read: giant piece of shit) as McAfee antivirus.

To be fair, John McAfee hasn't been with the company since before Windows 95 was a thing. So he has basically nothing to do with that piece of software.

He prefers murdering his neighbors and cooking weird drugs in third world countries.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 30, 2013, 14:25 NKD

avianflu wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 13:10:
"A lot of titles have run at 30fps and console gamers are used to that."

NKD, that is sorta the problem....

Is it a problem? Like I said, doubling the framerate means significant reduction in quality and potentially resolution. Last generation even with a target of 30fps, a lot of titles didn't even run at a true 720p, let alone 1080p.

You're dealing with a $400-500 system. There are tough choices to be made as to where your computational power goes.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 30, 2013, 12:36 NKD

30fps for consoles makes sense. A lot of titles have run at 30fps and console gamers are used to that. They are dealing with hardware, that while vastly superior to the old stuff, is still pretty limited. You would lower your settings considerably to run at 60fps steady in most newer games with an equivalent spec PC.

But at the end of the day, you can either have a pretty looking game at 30fps, potentially with some anti-aliasing (a god send for console games on a big TV IMHO) or a less pretty looking game at 60fps, with DEFINITELY no anti-aliasing.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
23. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 06:50 NKD

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 03:18:
Enjoying this. Political discussions on BN always change the world....

But if my favorite political party wins they'll fix the country and the other party is just a bunch of morons who hate America and want to destroy it!

Right?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Sep 29, 2013, 21:44 NKD

What the actual fuck.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
65. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2013, 10:49 NKD

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 10:03:
The hardware business is a tough one. Valve are not Microsoft or Sony. If they try to mass produce this thing I see them going bankrupt.

I don't see Valve going out of business because they decided to make a controller.

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
35. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2013, 00:48 NKD

Not sure what to make of this. I'd have to actually use one to fully pass judgement, but it seems like it would be awkward as fuck to use. That said, I doubt Valve is going to let something out the door that no one can figure out how to use.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
18. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 03:10 NKD

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 02:07:
Kajetan wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 01:37:
Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 00:17:
And yeah, if it's not as advertised all around this could be just another massive blow to crowd funding games.
No, it wont. Crowdfunding is an established financing method for many years now, not only in the gaming world. Failures happened frequently. Has not stopped different (!) people from supporting different (!) projects they want to support.

Crowd funding is new as far as gaming is concerned. We haven't even seen any major projects arrive as of yet. The largest being Shadowrun so far and that's gone over to mixed reviews. As more failures and scams about all around you'll see it diminish. Either that or people - like myself - will expect to see a lot more than just a concept before we hand any money over. From now I won't unless I see they're already comitted their own funds and have done a substantial amount of work. Nor, will I be funding anymore millionaires who can finance this stuff themselves. If you think it won't change you're kidding yourself.

Gamers aren't particularly good at sticking to their guns where their money is concerned. Even if a few Kickstarters fail or under-deliver, the next Kickstarter with a shiny bit of hype, an IP they like, or a developer they like, and they'll be right back throwing their money at them.

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
7. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 19:12 NKD

Icewind wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 19:07:

That's kind of what I was getting at.

Notice the feminine sounding usernames already playing the oppressed gender card.

You can always count on the White Knight Brigade at Bodypillowfuckertaku to stick it to the patriarchy.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
4. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 10:21 NKD

I find these kind of statements to be pointless because the average PC is running Intel integrated crap, not high end Nvidia or AMD cards.  

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
32. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 14:46 NKD

Unless I can play my entire Steam catalog on it, no thanks. And even then it seems a bit silly when I could just run a normal OS with Steam.  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 17:41 NKD

Prez wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 17:26:
Jesus tap-dancing Christ the tools at RPS are a bunch of holier-than-thou pompous assholes.

If someone on Blue's News calls you a holier-than-thou pompous asshole, that's when you know you have a problem.

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
23. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 17:18 NKD

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 14:39:
if we know who you are and you're abusing somebody on Twitter, we will ban your game account and we will not accept you as a customer ever again.

Hehe okay. You're going to ban people from using a product that they paid for because of actions taken completely irrelevant to said product or your company?

Good luck with that. Your lawyers will enjoy getting their ass handed to them in court, I'm sure.

You don't have a business contract with whatever game company is running a game. They can decide to stop doing business with you at any time. There is no legal precedent in the US that says that if a company's servers have your pixel people, that they are required to give you access forever.

I'm all for peoples toxic behavior having serious consequences, whether its said in-game or out-of-game, on official forums or unofficial, is pretty irrelevant. They are still bringing the community down.

nin wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 16:32:
Redmask wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 16:18:
I can't really cry for the toxic personalities who think their online actions should never have any consequences, ban away.

While I agree with that, it starts down a slippery slope. What happens when someone is accused incorrectly?

Eh, there are always going to be the unlucky few who get banned that shouldn't have, and have to get it sorted out. Automated cheat detecting systems sometimes flag people incorrectly, noob customer service people get over-zealous. It's not really a reason to not enforce your rules at all.

News Comments > SEGA Shoulders ATLUS' Burden
5. Re: SEGA Shoulders ATLUS' Burden Sep 18, 2013, 14:57 NKD

Talutha wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 09:51:

With that out of the way lets go ahead and make some predictions about Persona 5 and when it will be coming out ;).

I predict Persona 5 will be a grindy animu waifu simulator. Probably taking place in a high school.

3399 Comments. 170 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo