Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3406 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
28. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 9, 2013, 01:23 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 01:06:
Slinkycatz wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 21:15:
Every day hundreds are signing up... it has been a slow uptick of the # of people signing up every day. It is not just the USA but all over the world.

I just don't believe that 2000 people are signing up every day for $77 a piece, and keep on doing this so day after day after week after week after month after month. Not when no other Kickstarter has gotten even anywhere near those numbers of people. Yet Roberts keeps adding a million dollars basically every week?

I'm pretty sure this is just investor money that they're pretending is crowdsourced.

I'm a Star Citizen backer, but I share your suspicions. I'm sorry, but crowd sourced titles like this follow a pretty consistent pattern with how the money comes in. You don't keep up steady and consistent gains over a long period of time.

If I had to guess, I'd say a certain amount of investor money was gained early on, and he's pretending that its rolling in slowly to keep the game in the press. Admittedly a bit of a tinfoil hat theory, but something is definitely fishy here.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
1. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 8, 2013, 19:10 NKD

Where is all this money coming from?  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
12. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 6, 2013, 17:50 NKD

I've been using Windows 8 for a long time now and I don't really have any complaints. I stopped using the start menu in my workflow years ago, so maybe I'm not the ideal person to be judging, though.

But Windows 8 has so many cool little tweaks all over the place and internal improvements, I couldn't really go back to 7.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 17:37 NKD

Been pondering putting up a Terraria dedicated server. But the problem with terraria is that you have to farm worlds, which means multiple servers or restarting it etc.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Prototype Details
40. Re: Steam Hardware Prototype Details Oct 5, 2013, 10:32 NKD

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 10:13:
fujiJuice wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 09:13:
I think many of you are forgetting this is just a prototype.

We're conducting a beta of the overall Steam living-room experience, so we needed to build prototype hardware on which to run tests.

I'm not sure how anyone can be forgetting it, but since their Linux has superior performance than a windows pc, why not a low spec'd PC to test with and impress?

Because no OS/driver combination is going to turn a low end PC into a mid-range PC performance-wise. Sending out prototypes for testing that can't run most games comfortably would be a disaster.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 4, 2013, 12:58 NKD

mch wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 10:43:
Related note: the voice actor that did Michael was on Boardwalk Empire last week!

I saw Michael on something else last week! I don't recall what it was. But I saw Trevor the night before on Person of Interest.

News Comments > Terraria 2 Plans
3. Re: Terraria 2 Plans Oct 3, 2013, 22:42 NKD

nin wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 21:44:
Eh, we got Starbound in the meantime...

Starbound can't get here soon enough.

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
9. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 13:08 NKD

Also interesting is the recommended specs listing 6 and 8 core CPUs rather than just a fast quad core. Quad core is the minimum.

New console generation definitely pushing things along a bit already.

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
1. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 09:42 NKD

Makes sense. Can't keep memory usage under the 32bit addressing limit forever.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 2, 2013, 23:44 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 22:01:
FAA panel: Wi-Fi is safe on planes even during takeoff and landing.

I'm glad they finally owned up to it. If it was truly a danger, they'd force people to turn them off and store them in carry on.

If it was truly a danger, they'd confiscate them at security and you'd never see them again, like all the other dangerous items. Definitely a good move here moving towards getting rid of that silly restriction.

News Comments > EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters
1. Re: EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters Oct 2, 2013, 21:28 NKD

Pretty good idea for really old MMOs with dwindling player bases. EQ2 is a raiding game and this helps get some new or returning blood into the raid scene.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed
26. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 18:40 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 18:02:
Redmask wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 17:48:
The boss battles were fine, just a bit out of place. People whined about them endlessly but they were a really insignificant part of the whole game.

Yep. They basically boiled down to: Hit F2 twice.

Good ol' Typhoon. You could always spare the augmentations to afford it easily before the first boss and just use it as a boss fight skip button.

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed
15. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 16:27 NKD

They did great with DXHR and I'm hoping that can improve upon it even further with the next game. Too early to say of course.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: $100 gadget to block the NSA Oct 2, 2013, 01:30 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 00:14:
I bet it'll be just as useful (read: giant piece of shit) as McAfee antivirus.

To be fair, John McAfee hasn't been with the company since before Windows 95 was a thing. So he has basically nothing to do with that piece of software.

He prefers murdering his neighbors and cooking weird drugs in third world countries.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 30, 2013, 14:25 NKD

avianflu wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 13:10:
"A lot of titles have run at 30fps and console gamers are used to that."

NKD, that is sorta the problem....

Is it a problem? Like I said, doubling the framerate means significant reduction in quality and potentially resolution. Last generation even with a target of 30fps, a lot of titles didn't even run at a true 720p, let alone 1080p.

You're dealing with a $400-500 system. There are tough choices to be made as to where your computational power goes.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 30, 2013, 12:36 NKD

30fps for consoles makes sense. A lot of titles have run at 30fps and console gamers are used to that. They are dealing with hardware, that while vastly superior to the old stuff, is still pretty limited. You would lower your settings considerably to run at 60fps steady in most newer games with an equivalent spec PC.

But at the end of the day, you can either have a pretty looking game at 30fps, potentially with some anti-aliasing (a god send for console games on a big TV IMHO) or a less pretty looking game at 60fps, with DEFINITELY no anti-aliasing.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
23. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 06:50 NKD

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 03:18:
Enjoying this. Political discussions on BN always change the world....

But if my favorite political party wins they'll fix the country and the other party is just a bunch of morons who hate America and want to destroy it!

Right?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Sep 29, 2013, 21:44 NKD

What the actual fuck.  

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
65. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2013, 10:49 NKD

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 10:03:
The hardware business is a tough one. Valve are not Microsoft or Sony. If they try to mass produce this thing I see them going bankrupt.

I don't see Valve going out of business because they decided to make a controller.

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
35. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2013, 00:48 NKD

Not sure what to make of this. I'd have to actually use one to fully pass judgement, but it seems like it would be awkward as fuck to use. That said, I doubt Valve is going to let something out the door that no one can figure out how to use.  

3406 Comments. 171 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo