Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3216 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed IV to Follow Consoles
16. Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV to Follow Consoles Jun 20, 2013, 14:45 NKD

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 14:13:
Yeah, I'm just concerned that PCs are going to return to red headed stepchild status when things have been coming along pretty decently in the last year or two finally.

Eh, I don't think so. The barrier to entry on porting something is going to be extremely narrow now that the consoles are basically running PC hardware with a healthy amount of RAM.

That's not to say they are going to do it, or even do it right, there are still differences in control schemes and UI design, but the number of excuses about not doing it are actually going to be reduced.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle
1. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle Jun 20, 2013, 09:40 NKD

It is still on Steam for the time being, but who knows how long that will last.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Nine
8. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Eight Jun 20, 2013, 09:19 NKD

EQN may sound great now, but what will the realities of game development and a reasonable launch time table do to it? I remain skeptical.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 19, 2013, 20:18 NKD

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 20:15:
Very sad to hear about James. Seemed like a decent guy, and I can't imagine The Sopranos w/o him.

Fucking depressing...

In the words of my old pal JC, "What a shame."

News Comments > Valve Rumor Bonanza
2. Re: Valve Rumor Bonanza Jun 19, 2013, 20:13 NKD

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 20:10:
"Return to Ravenholm."

Ugh, please no.

Creston

Seconded. Some token scary zombie level shouldn't be the direction of the franchise. We don't need more "survival horror" games.

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
47. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 18:37 NKD

Drayth wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 18:26:
I just keep thinking back to the Angry Joe interview where the guy grabs the mic and says "Really? It's as easy as flipping a switch? Were you on the development team, Joe?".

OMG... he WAS on the development team! :O

To be fair, it might be as easy as flipping a switch for Larry and Don, but the people who actually have to implement all this shit and have no say in the decision making probably now have a lot of crunch time ahead of them. All because these fucktards can't make up their minds. How much? Impossible to say without knowing their development process, but the bitch of development is that it is sometimes harder to remove something than it is to add it.

News Comments > The War Z Name Change
6. Re: The War Z Name Change Jun 19, 2013, 18:24 NKD

This'll work just about as well as Blackwater renaming themselves.  

29. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 17:54 NKD

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 17:45:
So, will EA try to go back to online passes now?

Considering they were publishing on PS4 without them, probably not.

1. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 16:58 NKD

Sorry Fuckbox, too little too late.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 19, 2013, 14:39 NKD

Still waiting on the transition to flying cars.  

News Comments > Steam Game Sharing Planned?
42. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 14:38 NKD

Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 14:36:
Truth is Valve is the only AAA company doing anything good for gamers these days.

So you haven't purchased any non-Valve games recently?

20. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 10:49 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 10:41:
Might also have something to do with more recent EU ruling on game sales/trading that Steam got hit with.

That ruling doesn't actually have anything to do with retailers online or otherwise. It says you have a right to transfer your copy (in the EU), and that developers and publishers have no legal claim to stop it, but doesn't mandate that third parties, like Valve, provide you a mechanism for doing so.

It'll be a cold day in hell before we see unrestricted "used" games sales on Steam. After 3 days, there would be enough "used" licenses in circulation to keep people from ever buying new. I mean who the hell is going to add a game to their Steam list for $50 when they can add it for $20-30.

14. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 10:21 NKD

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 10:15:
NKD wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 10:08:
Xbone announced game sharing at E3.
Did you also see the restrictions that comes with it?
That's more like no sharing

And like I said, there are probably going to be a lot of restrictions on the Steam version as well. The odds of this being a free-for-all are slim to none.

11. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 10:08 NKD

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 09:52:
It would be funny if even Steam would beat Microsoft over the head with the game sharing
Xbone the only system that doesn't allow you to share your games with friends!

Xbone announced game sharing at E3.

Anyway, I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Not until we see what the restrictions are going to be. I doubt it's going to be a free for all where every game can be shared, and I also doubt that they are going to permit people to game the system in such a way that you have massive sharing collectives where there is always a copy available and you never have to buy anything again.

I think the idea is that this game sharing will get people spending more time on Steam, and while they may not buy the game being shared, they may buy something else. There's a decent amount of money to be made in this idea I think.

But primarily it's just about keeping up with the Xbones and the PS4s, which let you share games.

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
18. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 22:48 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 22:40:
NKD wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 21:11:
Making integrated GPUs for people who don't need to play anything on Frostbite 3.
Don't you mean to play anything at all? Nice avatar. PCMR = Win.

Thanks. The GPCGMR is truly the greatest empire to ever exist on Earth

And yeah, Intel 3000 series struggles with Minecraft on low settings...

10. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 21:11 NKD

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 21:04:

Where is Intel in all of this?

Making integrated GPUs for people who don't need to play anything on Frostbite 3.

1. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 20:18 NKD

Probably won't amount to much of a difference in the end. Nvidia and AMD have been going round and round like this forever, and quite frankly, you're fine with either company's cards most of the time.

For every game that has a problem with an Nvidia card, there's one that has a problem with an AMD card. You can't actually win, you just have to pick one and deal with it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II: Vengeance Announced
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II: Vengeance Announced Jun 18, 2013, 19:45 NKD

They should just rename it to Colladoody 13, Colladoody 14, etc.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month
16. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 18:21 NKD

ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 18:11:
Is it just me or was this completed way too quickly?

They only got around 2 million dollars. That goes pretty fast if you're not a two-man dev team.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Rumor
25. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 18:03 NKD

jimnms wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 17:44:
Grubworm wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 15:24:
who cares about fallout 4 when wasteland 2 is coming.
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

I didn't know we are only allowed to care about one game at a time! Well fuck me, I've been doing it wrong all this time.

Who cares about Wasteland 2 when the sun is going to turn into a red giant and bake our planet crispy?

3216 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo