Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3076 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
47. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 12:25 NKD

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 12:21:
A good Final Fantasy game would almost be enough to prompt me to purchase my first console since SNES.... I'll be watching.

I dunno. FFXV isn't really showing us much, but from the latest trailer it doesn't look like it qualifies as much of an RPG. Looked more like an action game with real time movement and combat.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Announced
70. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 08:29 NKD

ASeven wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 07:18:
And it seems that the PS4 will have mandatory fees in the form of acessing MP. This will balance the cheap price of the console though no doubt it will drive more people into the PC. If you want to play MP on the PS4 you now have to pay Sony every month.

Still, I have no doubts the PS4 will break the sales records of the PS2.

A master stroke really. Existing Playstation fans are so psyched about having the better console, that migrating to PSN Plus isn't going to be a big deal. A lot of PSN users already have Plus for various reasons. Meanwhile, Xbox 360 players are already used to paying monthly, and won't have to get used to a change on that front.

Sony just outclassed Microsoft in every way this time round. PS4 is better hardware, better software, better business model, and they presented it in a much more palatable way. And MS can't pull enough marketable exclusives out of their ass to dig their way out of this one. They'll definitely be playing second fiddle this generation.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Watch Dogs E3 Trailer
19. Re: Watch Dogs E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 07:20 NKD

netnerd85 wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 05:29:
Why is this game looking less and less impressive as time goes on?

Because they aren't showing us anything new. We've seen the basics of the gameplay, but we don't know the big picture stuff. Why are we doing this shit? What's the game's open world structure like? This stuff would be nice to know...

68. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 06:45 NKD

Ventura wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 05:46:
Could someone help me. I keep trying to view the Titanfall announce trailer, but for some reason, I keep getting misdirected to what looks like gameplay footage from Battlefield 2142.

I was having the same problem...haven't found a solution yet

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 11, 2013, 00:47 NKD

Chili P bitch!  

News Comments > The Crew Announced
3. Re: The Crew Announced Jun 11, 2013, 00:45 NKD

The big open world aspect is appealing to me. I love open world lobby-less racing games, and this seems like the biggest one yet. The kicker for me will be car customization though. It needs to be fucking good.  

63. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 11, 2013, 00:14 NKD

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 17:29:
NKD wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 17:27:
The rumors are that Sony is trying to keep it to $400 or less. We'll see though.
I doubt it will be that low.

42. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 17:27 NKD

Beamer wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 16:46:
ASeven wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 16:41:
$500 for the Xbone. MS is really doing its best to kill itself.

Any guess on the PS4?
I'd say +/- 10%. It only matters is they come down 20%, though. Anything less than $100 off is a non-factor I think.

The rumors are that Sony is trying to keep it to $400 or less. We'll see though.

35. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 16:34 NKD

Blackhawk wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 15:53:
When discussing console prices, don't forget inflation.

The NES, in today's money, would cost $426. The XBox would be $387.

Heh yeah playing with inflation gets you some amusing numbers.

A $49.99 game in 1999, if game prices kept up with inflation, would be $69.77 today.

3. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 14:30 NKD

Trying not to assume this will be COD: Mech Edition. And it's for Windows so I don't need an Xboner.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 13:59 NKD

Anyone who thinks this situation would be any better or worse with Party A or Party B in power is a delusional fuckwit who is playing right into the hands of the real powers in this country.

It doesn't matter who you vote for. The few candidates who aren't surveillance shills will never be elected to real positions of power. Never. Even if they managed to get a lot of public support, which they won't because the public is too busy arguing over smokescreen issues like abortion and gay marriage, there are assurances in place that would prevent them from ever really doing anything.

Also, the wonder of term limits. Even if we did get a President who was vehemently anti-surveillance, he'd be gone in 8 years. They could just stop briefing him on it, sweep it partly under the rug, and pop it back out when he's gone.

Anyone who still declares themselves a Republican or a Democrat is part of the problem.

8. Re: Watch Dogs E3 Trailer Jun 10, 2013, 12:14 NKD

Blue wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 12:12:
NKD wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 09:58:
And it's already taken down. Thanks Ubisoft.

I don't understand... works fine for me.

Had a Ubisoft takedown notice for a while... had to go view it on Vimeo through some Kotaku link at first. Seems fine now.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2013, 12:05 NKD

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 11:27:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 10:36:
They have to invent new terms for how much raw data is being collected.

I'm trademarking the term ObamaByte. It's the amount of data, in bytes, that the US government collects on its own citizens each and every day without any justification. A rough estimate would be 1 ObamaByte = 10 Petabytes.

Creston

Obama may not have initiated the culture of surveillance on everyone, but he sure did nothing to stop it. So I support naming this data the ObamaByte.

6. Re: Watch Dogs E3 Trailer Jun 10, 2013, 11:54 NKD

Before I could get it going on Youtube I viewed this video on Vimeo in shitty 480p. At that low res I thought it was a live action trailer for about half the trailer before I caught on.

EDIT: Also I like that they waited until after showing us a fair bit of gameplay over the last year before putting out some high dollar "tells-you-nothing" CG hype trailer.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2013, 12:03.

1. Re: Watch Dogs E3 Trailer Jun 10, 2013, 09:58 NKD

And it's already taken down. Thanks Ubisoft.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 10, 2013, 09:03 NKD

killer_roach wrote on Jun 9, 2013, 20:09:
This time around... it'll take more than Forza 5 to get me to open my wallet.

No kidding. I want Forza 5 BAD, but even that isn't gonna sell me an XBone.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Footage
28. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Footage Jun 10, 2013, 09:01 NKD

Blah blah Geoff Keighley can choke on Doritos and Mountain Dew for all I care. So can Call of Duty. Fucking gaming cancer.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 10, 2013, 07:59 NKD

Why do they want students to have 100Mbps? Isn't it easier for the NSA's supercomputers in Area 51 to analyze all the data if there's less of it flying around?  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 8, 2013, 18:20 NKD

Beamer wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 16:25:
Pretty certain there are no shills here for any major company.

Yeah. We're not really high on the shill priority list.

News Comments > Into the Black
25. Re: Into the Black Jun 8, 2013, 14:00 NKD

Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 13:39:

And what's wrong with vengeance?

Nothing, unless you expect me to be part of it. It's not my place to be part of that. And it certainly isn't the government's place.

If someone you ever love is murdered, then come talk to me. Because I'd happily chip in to see them put down. How many of you were cheerleading the invasion of Iraq after 9/11? What about assholes like the Sandy Hook shooter or Boston bombers? You really think we'd be better off with them siting in a jail cell for life? Please.

Whether they are sitting in jail for life or rotting in the ground, they are no longer a threat to me or my family. But the risks are greater for the death penalty than for life imprisonment, with minimal gain.

There's just so little practical gain from killing them, that it seems not worth the bother. And I don't know about you, but I don't believe in afterlife fairytales, so even if I did crave vengeance for some terrible wrong, it wouldn't be in the form of a quick death.

And if you're really concerned about wasting space and resources, let's talk about the huge number of non-violent criminals serving needlessly long sentences only to come out worse than when they went in.

3076 Comments. 154 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo