Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 2860 (Senior)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Legacy of Kain Returning?
9. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 12, 2013, 02:12 NKD

Kain lives in death!

Oh wait.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Feb 12, 2013, 02:12 NKD

PropheT wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 21:50:
TLC and Origin have no redeeming value but come attached to other things you want, sort of like herpes.

Chasing them messy hoes eh?

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > BioWare Founders Honored by GDC Awards
8. Re: BioWare Founders Honored by GDC Awards Feb 12, 2013, 01:24 NKD

They deserve these awards. If for no other reason than the fact that they set the bar so high that they can release games that, while disappointing in comparison, are better than probably 90% of the drek released, and people still want to burn them at the stake and enslave their families as serfs.  

News Comments > Square Enix's Losses
3. Re: Square Enix's Losses Feb 6, 2013, 04:01 NKD

nin wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 21:26:
DX follow up, please!

Yes please. I want more Adam Jensen

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 6, 2013, 01:23 NKD

Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 22:03:
Aww, that sucks...

Rest in Peace, Zaeed. (took me a bit, but I finally remembered what he'd been in that really stuck with me. He was one of the Grey Council in Babylon 5.)

Creston

I had forgotten he was that one particularly Douchebaggy Grey Council guy!! I remembered him most from Buffy and as Zaeed. This guys voice was fantastic.

RIP Zaeed!

News Comments > Silent Hunter Online Trailer
5. Re: Silent Hunter Online Trailer Feb 5, 2013, 02:27 NKD

Techie714 wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 23:21:
Big fan of SH 3 & 4 but this looks like crap....

Yeah this doesn't seem to have much at all to do with the main series.

News Comments > Commander Keen Successor Kickstarter
15. Re: Commander Keen Successor Kickstarter Feb 4, 2013, 23:54 NKD

Shut up and take my money.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 02:46 NKD

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 02:33:
Then you might see some stuff actually getting done.

It sounds nice, and most Americans support term limits in congress, but it doesn't work in the legislative branch. State legislatures that have term limits haven't worked out very well. In fact, I can't think of one state in the US with a term limited legislature that fares any better than our US congress. You get a revolving door of clueless fucks who get booted out just as they start to figure out what they are doing. And because they don't have to worry about working with the guy across the aisle from them for the next 30 years, they are even more reluctant to put aside partisan BS.

It doesn't stop lobbyists either. Lobbyists would love term limits. When the old guy gets the boot, the new guys with no incumbent name recognition are gonna take the lobbyist dick hard because it's the only way they can win. They have no proven record that people state or district wide are going to give a shit about.

One amusing example is here

As a California budget-watcher pointed out to me, when you get Arnold Schwarzenegger in a room with the leadership of the Senate and Assembly, Schwarzenegger has the most budget and legislative experience in the room. A guy who was starring in Terminator films as recently as 2003 is now the most seasoned elected official during one of the worst crises California has ever had.

News Comments > Crysis 3 Crisis Averted
16. Re: Crysis 3 Crisis Averted Jan 30, 2013, 13:30 NKD

People who get worked up over EULAs need to calm the fuck down. Like Beamer said, EULAs are the domain of lawyers, written by lawyers, FOR lawyers. It says "End User" but they don't care if we read it, and they don't expect us to read it.

When it comes to bannination and other types of rule enforcement, these guys always have an entirely different internal document typically written by the head of the community team that outlines rules and punishments.

And they don't refer back to the EULA in writing these, because they don't want to try and parse that bullshit either. They refer back to some template they used before, or someone elses set of rules.

News Comments > SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode
55. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 26, 2013, 15:06 NKD

ASeven wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 13:42:
Gamers shouldn't accept these business practices, yet they all gladly do. In no other industry will you find consumers more spineless than gamers.

It's not really a matter of being spineless, but being borderline addicted. It's like music, or other forms of entertainment. People bemoan the business model and quality of these things CONSTANTLY, but are not willing to go without it because they'd get something resembling withdrawal symptoms. A crack head might not like it when he gets some bad rock, but what's he gonna do, go without?

News Comments > Funcom Closing Chinese Studio
4. Re: Funcom Closing Chinese Studio Jan 25, 2013, 14:10 NKD

I actually had a friend who worked in this studio a long while back before the game even had a title. There were a lot of Americans who worked there. So, probably Americans getting downsized here too, LOL.  

News Comments > SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode
19. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 25, 2013, 14:05 NKD

ASeven wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 13:10:
Other than the colorbling mode, it's as if with each new announcement EA is determined in having absolutely nobody [b]from Blue's News[/b] buy this.

Fixed. And then like with most EA titles, it gets a zillion sales. Not much can be done about that.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 24, 2013, 22:58 NKD

JJ is way more suited to Star Wars than Star Trek, and even still, I liked his Star Trek alright.  

News Comments > Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision
7. Re: Ex-Relic Boss Joins Activision Jan 23, 2013, 16:07 NKD

So Koch Media bought Volition. Koch Media's Deep Silver publishing label publishes the X series of space sims. Does Volition have any rights to Freespace or is that in Interplay limbo? Not that it would necessarily mean anything, but I thought it was interesting.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups
57. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 22, 2013, 23:57 NKD

Dades wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 22:41:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 22:00:
Go watch some dev movies, there are several unique features. The most unique is simply playing like TES but with others. TES doesn't play like wow.

I think he meant specifically what features. I've watched several dev videos and don't really see what sets this apart so I'd like to know what you were talking about out of curiosity too.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

I don't see it either. It seems a lot like GW2 combat-wise. That's not necessarily terrible, but it's not TES. I'm not seeing much sandbox at all.

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticking Point in THQ Sale
9. Re: Stick of Truth Sticking Point in THQ Sale Jan 22, 2013, 18:12 NKD

Beelzebud wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 16:16:
I hope this doesn't mean Obsidian is the one getting screwed at the end of the day....

Has Obsidian ever NOT been screwed? Nearly everything they've released has been shat on by publisher shenanigans.

29. Re: Meh... Jan 22, 2013, 16:48 NKD

Axis wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 16:29:

Could almost say that about SWTOR, they had a long beta and competent devs... but they didn't listen to their playerbase. Fail, and fail again.

I'd say it was the opposite. They listened quite a lot, too much in fact, and to the wrong people. Story story story story, but no meat and potatoes.

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 14:57 NKD

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 14:48:
Such unfounded negativity...

I'm looking forward to this.

Unfounded? Really? It's a Skyrim skin for WoW.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2013, 01:16 NKD

I haven't had any problems with Windows 8. To be honest I use it a lot like I used Windows 7. I pretty much never see the much maligned tile interface. And then I benefit from the myriad little improvements and tweaks they've made to other parts of the OS like they always do.

I feel more like I'm using a beefy service pack to Win7.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 22, 2013, 00:42 NKD

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 09:04:
Most of the playerbase is toxic. Just a bunch of very foul mouthed kids who probably never leave their mom's basement.

The whole genre is toxic.

2860 Comments. 143 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo