Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3181 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2014, 22:26 NKD

Saboth wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:13:
I don't hear explosions after playing, but many times I'll have restless nights where I continue playing a game while sleeping in dreams and wake up exhausted.

I've had this too. Body has stopped playing the game, but the brain has not. Extrapolating scenarios and stuff. Even without an actual game feeding your information the brain just keeps on churning along making it up.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stained Steam Key Resolution
3. Re: Stained Steam Key Resolution Aug 3, 2014, 16:00 NKD

So much drama for a game virtually no one is playing. Glad to see he finally sent out the keys though. No need to screw over the 10 people who bought your game.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2014, 15:59 NKD

That sucks Lionsgate. I feel bad for ya.

Now where's my torrent client?

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
3. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 3, 2014, 15:33 NKD

Joe Kucan as weird as ever.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2014, 10:46 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 06:30:
MMA started to rise in popularity about a decade ago. Boxing had fallen a good decade before that. The two are unconnected. Boxing lost popularity due to the inherent violence and the deleterious effects on the participants. Football will fall for the same reasons. Already Peewee football applications have fallen 25% compared to just a couple of years ago.

I think you're blurring the line between participation and popularity too much.

I don't think recruiting pool equals popularity. Little league baseball has remained the most participated in kids sport, while MLB has been plummeting in popularity relative to the other sports. But overall, youth team sports have declined in popularity significantly. That's due primarily to the rise of the Internet and gaming.

So while the participation factor in physical sports is going to decrease, and that may eventually lead to a decrease in popularity, I think it's going to be an overall effect.

In fact I think the more physically taxing sports like football, hockey, and MMA will be the last dominos to fall because they are the most exciting to watch.I don't really buy the argument that America is losing its taste for watching violence. Maybe actively participating in it, but not watching it.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
50. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 19:12 NKD

Creston wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 18:50:
No, it isn't. A person who is toxic to me may not be toxic to you, and vice versa. While I will agree that Cutter tends to be more negative than positive about stuff, in the end all he does is post a negative opinion on a game. Last I checked, in a free country, he is allowed to have a negative opinion.

A negative opinion isn't the problem. It's when it's a poorly thought out ignorant hit-and-run, quite often based on not even reading the linked article but just making assumptions based on the blurb or title. His willful ignorance is indistinguishable from trolling and has the same net effect on the conversation.

For example: The cosplayer chick who fell down while climbing a gate and got hurt. AFTER the police had clarified that security footage revealed there was no attack and AFTER the article had been updated, and pointed out in the thread, Cutter comes into the fucking thread going on about how the guy is "guilty as sin, he knocked that girl out."

I tried putting Cutter on ignore for quite a while, for a year even, maybe. I don't recall exactly. I don't really use ignore anymore. But I saw nearly all of his posts anyway because people quoted him to dismantle his weak arguments. Of course, he favors hit-and-run posting where he just vanishes when called on his shit.

Yes, we could all avoid all this if we just disregarded his posts. But getting everyone on board with that at the same time is going to be problematic if not impossible. Even if you ignore him, the shitshow he inevitably starts is hard to avoid unless you just want to leave the site.

The best solution is never the solution that requires the rest of the community to adapt or change the way they post just because of one guy. Most posters here try to substantiate their points and we can have some really good debate and discussion. Willfully ignorant hit-and-run posting adds nothing of value.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 2, 2014, 15:57 NKD

I'm surprised they survived the Internet as long as they did! They had a good run.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2014, 15:54 NKD

WALTER JOOOOONES  

News Comments > Facepunch Reveals Deuce
5. Re: Uhhh...no. Aug 2, 2014, 15:39 NKD

So if this game turns out to be not-so-great, we can say that Facepunch (who?) dropped a deuce on us...?  

39. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 15:17 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 15:11:
NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 14:43:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 14:40:
NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 11:48:
Cutter just stands out because most of the other wastes of oxygen who used to post here, like space captain for example, have already been shown the door.

*psst, he's right there, behind you*

The IP address is coming from inside the house!

And you are just as bad because instead of just shutting up (or putting him on ignore or something else) your bitching and moaning about the guy bitching and moaning.

Don't be a fucking hypocrite!

You're bitching and moaning about the guy bitching and moaning about the guy bitching and moaning, and then calling guy #2 a hypocrite. Just pointing that out there.

Take your own advice instead of contributing to the fractal pattern of bitching and moaning you seem to hate so much.

36. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 14:43 NKD

Sepharo wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 14:40:
NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 11:48:
Cutter just stands out because most of the other wastes of oxygen who used to post here, like space captain for example, have already been shown the door.

*psst, he's right there, behind you*

The IP address is coming from inside the house!

34. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 14:38 NKD

Beelzebud wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 13:39:
So the big argument here is that they shouldn't have delayed the game 3 times, and instead should have shoveled out some half-finished slop and called it a day?

And then when when it was half-finished slop, the complaint would be that they didn't delay it to get it right. Or in this case, that the Kickstarter perks weren't delivered, or whatever the fuck.

31. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 11:48 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 11:27:

Your new around here aren't you? If Cutter was 'the most toxic presence on a forum' then I welcome you to the internet and suggest you enjoy your sheltered existence. Hell there have been A LOT worse people posting crap on Blues, and the internet.

In the grand scheme of things, no, Cutter's shit doesn't stink that bad. But on a site like this with such a small userbase in the comments his shit showing up on every post gets really damn old.

Sure, you can throw him on ignore, but a lot of people don't use the ignore function to any significant degree, so you just see his posts quoted by other people and the conversation still goes to hell because of his predictable shitposting.

13. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 1, 2014, 23:01 NKD

Came for the Cutter shitpost, was not disappointed.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
20. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 11:47 NKD

Beamer wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 11:24:
I can't even guess what a 29 year old and 17 year old would discuss unless he was some kind of socially stunted weirdo.

They were both at Comic Con. They are both into cosplay. Odds are they have more in common in terms of interests and topics of conversation than most couples.

Not everyone who is 30+ likes to sit around and talk about politics, or is super intense about their career, or is looking to start a family. I know couples who've been together for 15 years and they still don't do anything but play games, work modest jobs, and have fun.

If these two goofball cosplayers are as happy with their lives as they appear to be in their Facebook pics, I say fuck it, more power to 'em.

18. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 11:16 NKD

BitWraith wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 09:00:
Polygon ran a story saying that the girl was drunk and fell trying to climb a fence into the pool area. They had her on camera. So, this all got whipped up based on absolutely no factual evidence whatsoever. Move along, there's nothing to see here.

But.... but... Cutter told me this guy was "guilty as sin" and had "knocked her out." By Cutter's own admission, he's never been wrong about anything in his life.

I don't know what to believe anymore dude!

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 1, 2014, 10:39 NKD

The TL;DR of the article is a direct quote from the article:

"The measure of a great gaming platform is if people want to use it to play games on... rather than another platform. At least on occasion."

That's maybe the bare minimum to be called _a_ gaming platform, not to be called a _great_ gaming platform. When you set the bar that low, everything is great.

12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 00:07 NKD

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 00:03:
He's guilty as sin. Tried to get her drunk and take advantage of her. She said no, he knocked her out, panicked then went to security with this BS story.

You really need to learn to read.

The police determined by reviewing security footage and such that no attack took place and she fell down 6 feet and hurt her head.

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
19. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Jul 31, 2014, 23:46 NKD

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 23:17:
NKD wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 23:06:
Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 22:45:
I wasn't aware you could enter into class-action lawsuits from jail.

Why wouldn't you be able to?

Because many of your rights are curtailed or even denied while you are in jail, and it makes little sense that you'd be allowed to sue someone/something while incarcerated.

It varies from state to state and on the federal level how much "business" you can conduct while imprisoned, but legal proceedings on behalf of yourself are not considered to be business. You can sue while in jail, and can be sued. It would be a pretty grievous injustice to say that because you are incarcerated for some crime, that you cannot sue over an unrelated grievance you may have with another party. It would be a free for all on anyone incarcerated. Do whatever you want to them or their property, you can't be sued.

Hell, a lot of the time they are suing the prison itself for one grievance or another.

There is nothing you can do in the US that broadly voids your right to file a lawsuit with the courts. You can go murder 500 people and be locked in solitary confinement, and still sue. You can waive your right to sue on an individual basis by agreeing to arbitration, or whatever other clause you agree to in a contract, but it can never be forced upon you.

This is no less true for a class-action where your participation is little more than signing your name initially and then later signing off on a settlement. Though obviously if the lawyer in the class action is unaware that of your change of address to the jail, you will not get the settlement letter.

EDIT: Just to add, every prison system has its own rules regarding visitors and mail and stuff that will make your life easier or more difficult, but your basic rights are still intact. The ultimate trump card is having your lawyer or someone with power of attorney handling stuff on your behalf. Prisons have no say over what your lawyer or PoA can do in your name.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 2014, 00:03.

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
16. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Jul 31, 2014, 23:06 NKD

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 22:45:
I wasn't aware you could enter into class-action lawsuits from jail.

Why wouldn't you be able to?

3181 Comments. 160 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo