Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3206 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
18. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 03:10 NKD

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 02:07:
Kajetan wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 01:37:
Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 00:17:
And yeah, if it's not as advertised all around this could be just another massive blow to crowd funding games.
No, it wont. Crowdfunding is an established financing method for many years now, not only in the gaming world. Failures happened frequently. Has not stopped different (!) people from supporting different (!) projects they want to support.

Crowd funding is new as far as gaming is concerned. We haven't even seen any major projects arrive as of yet. The largest being Shadowrun so far and that's gone over to mixed reviews. As more failures and scams about all around you'll see it diminish. Either that or people - like myself - will expect to see a lot more than just a concept before we hand any money over. From now I won't unless I see they're already comitted their own funds and have done a substantial amount of work. Nor, will I be funding anymore millionaires who can finance this stuff themselves. If you think it won't change you're kidding yourself.

Gamers aren't particularly good at sticking to their guns where their money is concerned. Even if a few Kickstarters fail or under-deliver, the next Kickstarter with a shiny bit of hype, an IP they like, or a developer they like, and they'll be right back throwing their money at them.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
7. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 19:12 NKD

Icewind wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 19:07:

That's kind of what I was getting at.

Notice the feminine sounding usernames already playing the oppressed gender card.

You can always count on the White Knight Brigade at Bodypillowfuckertaku to stick it to the patriarchy.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
4. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 10:21 NKD

I find these kind of statements to be pointless because the average PC is running Intel integrated crap, not high end Nvidia or AMD cards.  

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
32. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 14:46 NKD

Unless I can play my entire Steam catalog on it, no thanks. And even then it seems a bit silly when I could just run a normal OS with Steam.  

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 17:41 NKD

Prez wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 17:26:
Jesus tap-dancing Christ the tools at RPS are a bunch of holier-than-thou pompous assholes.

If someone on Blue's News calls you a holier-than-thou pompous asshole, that's when you know you have a problem.

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
23. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 17:18 NKD

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 14:39:
if we know who you are and you're abusing somebody on Twitter, we will ban your game account and we will not accept you as a customer ever again.

Hehe okay. You're going to ban people from using a product that they paid for because of actions taken completely irrelevant to said product or your company?

Good luck with that. Your lawyers will enjoy getting their ass handed to them in court, I'm sure.

You don't have a business contract with whatever game company is running a game. They can decide to stop doing business with you at any time. There is no legal precedent in the US that says that if a company's servers have your pixel people, that they are required to give you access forever.

I'm all for peoples toxic behavior having serious consequences, whether its said in-game or out-of-game, on official forums or unofficial, is pretty irrelevant. They are still bringing the community down.

nin wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 16:32:
Redmask wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 16:18:
I can't really cry for the toxic personalities who think their online actions should never have any consequences, ban away.

While I agree with that, it starts down a slippery slope. What happens when someone is accused incorrectly?

Eh, there are always going to be the unlucky few who get banned that shouldn't have, and have to get it sorted out. Automated cheat detecting systems sometimes flag people incorrectly, noob customer service people get over-zealous. It's not really a reason to not enforce your rules at all.

News Comments > SEGA Shoulders ATLUS' Burden
5. Re: SEGA Shoulders ATLUS' Burden Sep 18, 2013, 14:57 NKD

Talutha wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 09:51:

With that out of the way lets go ahead and make some predictions about Persona 5 and when it will be coming out ;).

I predict Persona 5 will be a grindy animu waifu simulator. Probably taking place in a high school.

News Comments > New EA CEO
17. Re: New EA CEO Sep 18, 2013, 02:27 NKD

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 01:20:
In other words, just another suit who has no clue about games and got a business degree from the El Segundo School of Finance or something.

I dunno, he's been at EA for 13 years, and was executive producer on FIFA for a while. Maybe he's gained some knowledge of whats going on. Better than hiring some guy from Coca Cola or something.

News Comments > Valve Remains Bullish on Linux
19. Re: Valve Remains Bullish on Linux Sep 17, 2013, 00:00 NKD

Yeah. Not holding my breath for the Linux adoption Catch 22 to be resolved any time soon.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 12, 2013, 18:03 NKD

Ragers are usually blaming their losses/shortcomings on other people, and as such aren't as likely to improve as someone goes "Welp, I fucked that up, I'll do something different next time."  

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
61. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 12, 2013, 04:19 NKD

Iurand wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 04:05:

It could be very useful for people with one account per game.

People do this? I have hundreds of games on Steam...

12. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 14:40 NKD

Ah, here we go, not QUITE as useless as initially feared. From their FAQ:

Yes. A Steam account may authorize Family Sharing on up to 10 devices at a given time.

9. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 14:30 NKD

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:29:
From what I understand of it this is exactly what I want. I can "lend" games to my wife on her PC's Steam account (or whatever) while I play something else on my Steam account.

She can play Skyrim on her PC, I can play Fallout on mine. We buy one copy instead of two (because why would I buy two copies for one household - that always bugged me).

Gotta use a shared PC bro.

6. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 14:26 NKD

ldonyo wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:20:
More than kind of useless. You may as well share your actual account, since only one account can use any one of the shared games at any time.

Yeah it's basically only useful for people who are already sharing one PC but just want an extra name to keep their friends lists separate.

2. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 14:13 NKD

Kinda useless since you have to use the same PC to do it.  

News Comments > SEC Investigating 38 Studios Loan
2. Re: SEC Investigating 38 Studios Loan Sep 11, 2013, 13:11 NKD

So what they are saying is "It's a big conspiracy!"

This is a monumental waste of time. Taxpayers already got bilked out of a bunch of money, and now they want to waste more taxpayer money on investigations that won't turn up shit. Rhode Island needs to know when to quit.

Shit, by now even if there was a conspiracy, the evidence has been shredded and deleted.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Sep 10, 2013, 21:27 NKD

Not nearly as scary as the first one, or Outlast. But I still enjoyed it. It'll take you about 3-4 hours to beat depending on how many times you get lost.  

News Comments > New BioWare Boss Named
10. Re: New BioWare Boss Named Sep 10, 2013, 17:37 NKD

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 12:02:
Both former doctors apparently wanted him to succeed them, but I do believe he was in charge over the... shall we say rather lacklustre TOR.

He was the guy brought in around the time they transitioned it over to F2P. He's only been with the company since last year.

News Comments > Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development
2. Re: Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development Sep 9, 2013, 22:26 NKD

Just glad that headline says Paxton and not Smart.  

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
27. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 14:07 NKD

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 12:50:
Oh nos Blue used a twitter embed QQQQQQQQ. Jesus really people?

Quite frankly the only reason it sticks out like a sore thumb is because the layout here is absolutely archaic. And I don't say this as a trendwhore. I generally hate web redesigns. But at this stage of the game, it might be warranted. I'd even pitch in some cash to help get it done.

3206 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo