Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3564 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 00:07 NKD

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 00:03:
He's guilty as sin. Tried to get her drunk and take advantage of her. She said no, he knocked her out, panicked then went to security with this BS story.

You really need to learn to read.

The police determined by reviewing security footage and such that no attack took place and she fell down 6 feet and hurt her head.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
19. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Jul 31, 2014, 23:46 NKD

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 23:17:
NKD wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 23:06:
Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 22:45:
I wasn't aware you could enter into class-action lawsuits from jail.

Why wouldn't you be able to?

Because many of your rights are curtailed or even denied while you are in jail, and it makes little sense that you'd be allowed to sue someone/something while incarcerated.

It varies from state to state and on the federal level how much "business" you can conduct while imprisoned, but legal proceedings on behalf of yourself are not considered to be business. You can sue while in jail, and can be sued. It would be a pretty grievous injustice to say that because you are incarcerated for some crime, that you cannot sue over an unrelated grievance you may have with another party. It would be a free for all on anyone incarcerated. Do whatever you want to them or their property, you can't be sued.

Hell, a lot of the time they are suing the prison itself for one grievance or another.

There is nothing you can do in the US that broadly voids your right to file a lawsuit with the courts. You can go murder 500 people and be locked in solitary confinement, and still sue. You can waive your right to sue on an individual basis by agreeing to arbitration, or whatever other clause you agree to in a contract, but it can never be forced upon you.

This is no less true for a class-action where your participation is little more than signing your name initially and then later signing off on a settlement. Though obviously if the lawyer in the class action is unaware that of your change of address to the jail, you will not get the settlement letter.

EDIT: Just to add, every prison system has its own rules regarding visitors and mail and stuff that will make your life easier or more difficult, but your basic rights are still intact. The ultimate trump card is having your lawyer or someone with power of attorney handling stuff on your behalf. Prisons have no say over what your lawyer or PoA can do in your name.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 2014, 00:03.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

16. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Jul 31, 2014, 23:06 NKD

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 22:45:
I wasn't aware you could enter into class-action lawsuits from jail.

Why wouldn't you be able to?

13. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Jul 31, 2014, 22:38 NKD

If SEGA chose to falsify advertisements, then that is on them. Making a shitty game isn't fraud. We'll see what happens, but SEGA is a pretty shitty publisher and I wouldn't put it past them for one second. Any developer that gets into bed with SEGA regrets it.  

9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 21:49 NKD

Saboth wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 21:43:
Looks like the photographer is still in deep crap though. None of the charges against him have been dropped, and are proceeding to the DA, even if he wasn't involved in beating her up.

"on charges of sexual contact with a minor and contributing to the delinquency of a minor"

It sucks but not really as bad as it could have been for him elsewhere.

She's not under 16, so no sex offender registry required for him in California, and potential for it to be charged as a misdemeanor, so he might not even get a felony charge.

And that's assuming they could even convict him in the first place, which is questionable.

On the delinquency charge, unlike the sexual charge, you have to prove they knew the person was under 18. Given that all of her Facebook friends and shit seemed confused about her age in the aftermath of this situation, it's likely she was lying pretty readily about her age to just about everyone. Also where the sexual charge can be charged as either a felony or a misdemeanor, the deliquency charge can be charged as a misdemeanor or a simple infraction in CA.

He'll probably work out some deal and get a slap on the wrist. But we'll probably never find out either way.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2014, 21:55.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 21:23 NKD

So hilarious that this hypocritical piece of fucking trash got caught in some kind of gun running scheme. Should have stayed home and played some violent murder simulators instead, dickwad.  

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 20:52 NKD

Was just linked this image purporting to be a press release from San Diego police.

If true: In short, no attack happened. She slipped and fell near the pool, and injuries are not consistent with any kind of assault. She fell 6 feet.

EDIT: This article has been updated with the same info. Looks like the investigation is closed and they won't be releasing any more info.

News Comments > Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series
9. Re: Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series Jul 31, 2014, 20:12 NKD

Fion wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 18:04:
FYI Lost Girl & Continuum aren't syfy properties, they are Canadian TV shows that syfy then runs about a week later.

Pretty sure I mentioned "weird Canadian imports."

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 20:09 NKD

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 11:18:
Adrianne Curry's role in life seems to be to draw attention to herself, ever since she posted photos of her playing wow with no clothes on (if not before).

Well, that's generally what models do.

Job 1) Be tall, skinny, and relatively pretty.

Job 2) Draw attention to yourself.

It's 50% of their job description!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 31, 2014, 20:06 NKD

Has there ever been two guys with more punchable faces?

Nice to see Kickstarter shutting these idiots down. Not that anyone was falling for their shit to begin with. It had zero chance of making it.

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2014, 20:04 NKD

Doesn't look like any new info...  

7. Re: Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series Jul 31, 2014, 17:57 NKD

Umbragen wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 12:15:
The game couldn't possibly be as bad as the TV series, I wish Trion luck and SighPhi can suckit.

I don't understand this attitude. If you don't like the show, fine, but SyFy is taking more chances on science fiction than they have in years. They have an obscene number of science fiction/fantasy projects in the works, or currently on the air including weird Canadian imports.

Defiance, Dominion, Haven, Continuum, Helix, Lost Girl, Bitten and even weird shit like Metal Hurlant Chronicles. There's other stuff coming up like the space show Ascension and the 12 Monkeys TV series.

Syfy is trying really hard to turn their shit around.

Ceribaen wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 15:01:
The show I think this season actually has an interesting twist to it, and is starting to show a little potential. I can see it being one of those shows with a really strong season 3 and season 4 if it makes it that long. After which the quality will decline as usual.

Syfy doesn't really run shows more than 4 or 5 seasons anyway. Even their biggest hits like Eureka and Warehouse 13 ended before they really outstayed their welcome.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Jul 31, 2014, 16:44 NKD

wtf_man wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 15:31:
Watch_Dogs PC Patch (2014-07-29). Addresses stuttering.

Wasn't the PC supposed to be the lead platform when this thing was in early development?

Guess we know where that went.

PC being "lead platform" doesn't ensure a high level of quality or optimization, or any at all, as the myriad shitty, bug-ridden PC exclusives over the last 20 years will tell you.

1. Re: Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series Jul 31, 2014, 09:30 NKD

Eh, I watch the show and have never played the game, so I imagine there are plenty of people who play the game but don't watch the show.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
40. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 08:16 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 03:23:
NKD wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 02:17:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 01:57:
The suspect's story sounds plausible, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's odd that he describes her as a "close friend" yet claimed that he thought she was 20, supposedly not knowing she just turned 17. On the other hand, if you only saw her in costume and makeup all the time, it might be easy to make the assumption she was older. I assume the guy who was arrested was the Project Cosplay guy that took the Daphne and Velma pics on her Facebook page.

If, like he claims, they aren't sexually involved, then he probably wasn't worrying too much about fact-checking her age.

Yup, although it looks like he was taking some pics of her in a hotel bedroom? Also, there's a weak implication with this pic that she's his girlfriend (although this could be just a pic to make the joke, too). I'll probably forget about this by tomorrow, but it would be interesting to know the final outcome of this case. Whoever did this to that poor girl seriously fucked her up. She deserves justice and the perp (whoever he is) deserves a long jail sentence.

EDIT: Actually, he calls her his girlfriend in his July 2 post:
Check out this awesome video From #ClubCosplay. Relly informative about getting the nerd culture on the club scene! also check out my awesome Girl Friend and I at at 0:54!
Here's the video where the girl kisses him at the :54 mark. It's obviously "Milly" in her witch costume (another, different bedroom shot). So even if he didn't beat her up, these charges will probably end up sticking: He was booked into San Diego County Jail at 11:20 am on charges of sexual contact with a minor and contributing to the delinquency of minor. Although, I will say that it's stupid that the age of consent for Cali is 18. If this had taken place in most other states, there'd be no charges filed.

Good internet sleuthing. So potentially either she or her boyfriend copped to the relationship when the police were talking to them, but she indicated he wasn't involved in what happened to her. That would explain how he'd be charged with those other things but not assault. But we really don't know I guess.

Though if he wasn't involved in this attack, I agree it's bullshit that the police are giving him a hard time. 16 and 17 are considered old enough to be making your own relationship decisions in virtually all of the civilized world and many states here in the US.

It's not like the dude is running around preying on little kids. Girl is taller and older looking than he is.

Luckily for this dude, in California, these statutory charges don't get you on the big bad sex offender list if they are at least 16. The prosecutor can also choose to charge it as a misdemeanor if they are feeling nice, and since she is not under 16 even if he gets hit with the felony, the penalties are a lot less.

But yeah, I worry that if this guy is not the attacker then they may never catch who did this. They could be in another state or country by now for all we know.

37. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 02:17 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 01:57:
The suspect's story sounds plausible, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's odd that he describes her as a "close friend" yet claimed that he thought she was 20, supposedly not knowing she just turned 17. On the other hand, if you only saw her in costume and makeup all the time, it might be easy to make the assumption she was older. I assume the guy who was arrested was the Project Cosplay guy that took the Daphne and Velma pics on her Facebook page.

If, like he claims, they aren't sexually involved, then he probably wasn't worrying too much about fact-checking her age.

35. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 01:47 NKD

According to that link he claims she was found beaten in the pool area of the hotel? That doesn't make much sense. You'd think they'd have security cameras there. Earlier reports from her mother said she was found on the side of a road somewhere.  

News Comments > Where Crytek Stands
14. Re: Where Crytek Stands Jul 31, 2014, 01:27 NKD

Cevat Yerli, aka the Iraqi Disinformation Minister 2.0

Face it, your goose is cooked Yerli.

News Comments > APB Reloaded Bans, Shames Cheaters
8. Re: APB Reloaded Bans, Shames Cheaters Jul 31, 2014, 01:23 NKD

Out of their list of 212 banned players, nearly all of them are Europeans. Is the game just way more popular in Europe or are Europeans just cheating assbags?  

33. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 23:49 NKD

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 21:11:
Yeah, people get that, but talking about safety directly after an assault has happened is crass and demonstrates a lack of decency.

Alright, what's the appropriate waiting period after a crime before we're allowed to discuss proper safety precautions at major events?

It's not like we're having this discussion on the girls Facebook page. Her recovery and well-being are not impacted by people elsewhere having a discussion about safety. I'm sure she's got all the sympathy and support she could hope for during this shit.

Also, come to think of it, when the fuck else are we supposed to have the conversation on this site? I'm not going to go back and dig up this post a month from now and expect people to read anything I've posted. On Blue's, we can only reasonably discuss a topic on the post that actually brings it up. The forum part of the site isn't exactly popular.

3564 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo