Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3169 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
23. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 00:48 NKD

Mordhaus wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 00:39:
Maybe they wouldn't have lost more subs if they wouldn't have terminated the 25 year cards of their employees or former employees. I have some friends who worked for them in Austin, at their CS helpdesk for WoW. They laid 90% of them off, but did let them keep the cards as part of their severance package. Apparently management decided recently to put the kibosh on that and cancelled them all. Even current employees will no longer have access in that fashion.

All I can say is, Good Going Activision! You ran CoD into the ground to the point that it is now like Madden, new edition every 6-12 months with minor changes, and you are slowly killing your other cash cow with idiotic moves. You and EA are like twins now, enjoy your ride into mediocrity.

Nobody is quitting WoW because some people got laid off. The WoW player base doesn't give a fuck about your friends. In fact, they spend a good portion of their time talking about how useless your friends are. Hell, its the other way around: people got laid off because people were quitting WoW. Customer service was over-staffed.

There's no secret here. WoW is losing subscriptions because it's old and people are bored of the same old shit and there are a lot of other similar games to play out there.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
20. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 00:32 NKD

NicklePop wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 23:48:
WoW is one of the best games of all time.

Panda-land is an awesome expansion.

Can't wait for the next expansion.

The setting didn't interest me enough to play much at all this expansion, not really interested in Pandas, Pandaria, or Asian themed content, but it's probably one of the better expansions in terms of balance & challenge curve.

For me though, I just tire of the formula. I'm done with any kind of serious play in a theme park MMO. It's worn thin.

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 20:33:

It's THE most succesful, obviously, but not the ONLY succesful MMO.

MMO fanbase has two annoying habits above all others:

1) Crying about their "broken immersion" any time they see anything they don't like.

2) Calling any MMO a failure that does not blow away all the other competition. Even if it has an active player base, and is profitable.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 6, 2013, 22:24 NKD

That input lag article is what sold me on the W900A a few weeks back.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 12:39 NKD

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 12:02:
Frags4Fun wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 11:49:
Not excited at all. Couldn't care less actually. I'm still bitter over them ruining Multiboxing in WoW. It's very unlikely that I will ever give that company another dime.

What did they do there exactly? I must have missed that one after quitting.

That's a good question. I barely log in these days. But I have no idea what he is talking about. People still multibox just fine.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2013, 09:17 NKD

Call me when Titan is ready to show.  

News Comments > Formicide Announced
6. Re: Formicide Announced Nov 6, 2013, 05:07 NKD

Blahman wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 02:20:
Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 00:58:
Greenlight campaign and they haven't even started on it yet? Rolleyes

What do you mean? There is gameplay video.

Cutter is actually a bot that just posts negative shit at random from a database. Sometimes the pattern recognition fails and it posts something nonsequiter.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free DLC
11. Re: Saints Row IV Free DLC Nov 6, 2013, 00:50 NKD

ItBurn wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 00:05:
The Saint's Row DLC SUCKS. Unbalances the game. Borderline useless. But the game is amazing. Give them your money (for the full game, not the dlc).

Saint's Row? Unbalanced? Oh no!!!

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free DLC
2. Re: Saints Row IV Free DLC Nov 5, 2013, 22:02 NKD

I like the tux. Gonna be wearing that next time I play.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 11:59 NKD

Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 11:10:
nin wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:05:
Let's just cut to the chase here: Does COD Dog die?

Yeah that would suck. Don't give me a dog in-game and then kill him. I still hate reading the email from the HEARTLESS FUCKING WHORE in Deus Ex:HR where she says "I couldn't take care of your dog, and I didn't know what else to do. I'm sorry. He was a really sweet dog."

I wish I knew which NPC in the building it was that put my dog down, because I would murder her over and over and over and over and over again in increasingly inventive ways.

http://i.imgur.com/cRpGPlG.jpg

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Nov 5, 2013, 11:45 NKD

Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 11:40:
Somehow you guys find a way to criticize this man?

Isn't that how it typically works on the Internet?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 4, 2013, 23:59 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 23:22:
* Crickets *

No kidding.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 4, 2013, 23:58 NKD

It's her right to kill herself, but jesus you could cause an accident or get someone killed jumping down onto a busy freeway from an overpass. If you're gonna find the exit, please do it in a way that's not going to kill someone else.  

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
39. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 16:59 NKD

Raven wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:54:

And yet, anyone who has spent time on the market, searching the catalog for old games, or even just going through their own personal inventory can tell you that it's the exact same experience - just slower. Slower than IE, slower than Chrome...

Yes, the Steam browser is rather slow compared to a regular browser. But it's neither bloated, nor resource intensive, which was the claim made. Steam has its issues but resources is not one of them.

28. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 16:01 NKD

Verno wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:50:
To say it's "bloatware thats basically unchanged since its inception" is completely absurd and untrue though.

No way dude. The 80MB of RAM and 0% CPU usage Steam is currently utilizing is totally insane! Nevermind that Chrome is using hundreds and hundreds of MB with a couple tabs open. Nevermind that I have gigs upon gigs upon gigs of free memory even while running a ton of shit.

Steam is clearly the source of the bloat in this equation.

24. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 15:37 NKD

Re: OGL vs D3D

They have basically the same features. OGL might be a bit faster currently, but that's going to be contingent on how much time a developer puts into optimizing for a given API, and if there are any current driver issues.

The big difference is that OGL is a relative pain in the ass to code compared to D3D, which of course means there are fewer developers out there who have bothered learning OpenGL and transitioning over would be a pain when Direct3D is working just fine and there aren't many compelling reasons to pursue cross-platform PC support.

So, OGL is more than technically sufficient, it just has a barrier to adoption.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2013, 14:12 NKD

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:48:
Her, and more particularly the out of control responses she garnered, are precisely why I have zero faith in the species. Anyone who thinks mankind isn't doomed - sooner rather than later - needs a huge reality pill.

This is nothing new. As long as humans, and our predecessors have been assembling in large groups, they've been bringing out the rocks and pitchforks. The fact that we mostly keep to mean words over the Internet seems like an improvement to me.

People being upset on the Internet isn't going to doom mankind. Overpopulation and resource depletion will do that.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2013, 11:45 NKD

Quboid wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 11:32:
These asshats have made me feel sorry for someone who actually thought that a Boston Marathon victim was an appropriate costume.

Honestly, what is appropriate is dependent on who is seeing it. A socially normal human being can adapt their behavior to be appropriate for the audience. I don't think we should have to censor ourselves or our behavior around our friends just because "Well the internet exists and anything you say or do might get out!"

Tip-toeing through your entire life as if you're in a room full of strangers is just not a way I'd want to live.

Yeah, Boston Marathon Victim is inappropriate for say, trick or treating or going out to a club. But why does anyone do anything edge or inappropriate around their friends? Because they can.

There is a constant low level pressure to censor yourself in life, and if you're not a sociopath, you give in to that pressure. But when you're with your buddies, away from people who don't know what's in your heart, you can just let yourself go for once without fear of judgement, and other people don't judge because they themselves don't want to be judged for whatever social norms THEY decide to let go for a while.

That's the ultimate hypocrisy at work here: A huge number of these offended parties do and say things that would offend others every day. But because it was someone else who's behavior got "outed" it's somehow appropriate for them to lash out at them.

News Comments > Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans
16. Re: Blablablablabla Nov 4, 2013, 10:58 NKD

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:38:
blablablablabla PS4 and Xbone released but no PC because 3 minutes of work too much blablablablab

Who are Bungie again?

Career sellouts if you ask me. Sold out their Mac fans to go to PC, and almost immediately sold out the PC fans too to be console exclusive.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2013, 10:45 NKD

Internet Neckbeard Justice at work. Someone offends you? Clearly they need to be murdered, raped, and their family too. Fucking idiots need to get a grip.  

News Comments > Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans
1. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 09:21 NKD

"PC is dead last on our priority list, even behind last-gen consoles that will be slowly dying starting in a week."

Well said Bungie, well said.

3169 Comments. 159 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo