Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3250 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Trailer
13. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Trailer Mar 25, 2014, 08:44 NKD

Optional Nickname! wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 05:37:
Stardock's premier IP, SteamDRM'ed. Just what the series needs!

As opposed to being ImpulseDRM'd like the previous title?

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Trailer
2. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Trailer Mar 24, 2014, 20:44 NKD

Liking the new UI so far, and it's just an alpha so I'm sure there will be more updates on that front.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack Mar 20, 2014, 18:54 NKD

Meh.  

News Comments > WildStar PvP Trailer
4. Re: WildStar PvP Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 16:31 NKD

Gadzooks wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 13:06:
There is quite a huge difference between the PvP the devs are trying to sell you with this game, and the actual pvp that goes on in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK65BUhNwPs

Actual pvp (the above video) doesnt look anything like the stuff hyped in this dev speak.

That video is better marketing than the official video.

News Comments > etc., etc.
27. Re: etc., etc. Mar 20, 2014, 05:37 NKD

Koch and Co  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Mar 19, 2014, 17:50 NKD

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 16:31:
Devil's advocate but seeing that TOR is successful enough to get an expansion and rustling so many jimmies here is pretty entertaining.

It's nowhere near as successful as Bioware hoped, but they are making okay money off this if they are getting their overlords to sign off on new feature and content additions once in a while.

News Comments > WildStar Preorders
9. Re: WildStar Preorders Mar 19, 2014, 17:46 NKD

From what I've played in beta it is the least shitty and the least watered down of all the WoW clones to come out. Good complexity, responsive combat. Other than that, I haven't really played enough to judge.  

News Comments > Galactic Command Echo Squad SE Demo
13. Re: Galactic Command Echo Squad SE Demo Mar 16, 2014, 23:40 NKD

Overon wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 23:29:
harlock wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 22:48:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 18:22:
Yeah he's got a history, but if ya look at his posting history on Blues, he's been rather insightful into other things beyond his own software,

like suing forum posters for defamation?
I think maybe Derek Smart has mellowed out.

Nah he just has a program that detects when he's having an "episode" and logs on Hellbinder or deqer instead of his other account.

News Comments > Galactic Command Echo Squad SE Demo
10. Re: Galactic Command Echo Squad SE Demo Mar 16, 2014, 21:36 NKD

The Pyro wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 20:03:
Before even clicking on the story I knew that one of you guys would have invoked the obligatory incantation. I was not disappointed

No vending machine is safe.

News Comments > WildStar in June
14. Re: WildStar in June Mar 12, 2014, 20:18 NKD

Tumbler wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 16:09:
That release date makes me feel sorry for the devs of this game.

The release date is genius. Sure, there are other games coming out, but what they are really trying to get is WoW players. Specifically, WoW raiders. Raiders who have been doing the same content for months, and will not be getting any more content for another 6-7 months. The long span of time between the last content patch of MoP and the release of Warlords is going to lead to a LOT of burned out players by June. Players ready for something fresh.

News Comments > WildStar in June
8. Re: WildStar in June Mar 12, 2014, 12:36 NKD

Spent a little time in the beta. The game oozes style, combat feels really good, the setting and class design are unique, and they are focused on delivering solid end-game. If you're into raiding MMOs, this might be something to keep an eye on. If you're looking for something brand spanking new and innovative, or an interesting story, there's nothing to see here.

It's like a less watered down version of WoW. From what time I've spent with it, mechanically it's a lot deeper than WoW. There seemed to be many more statistics and other character build considerations to balance.

But it's also NCSoft, so... heh.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs
6. Re: Watch Dogs Minimum PC Specs Mar 12, 2014, 12:30 NKD

Bundy wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 09:47:
Looking for, but don't see "Win7/8 64 bit". Damn.

With a minimum requirement of 6GB RAM, you're going to need to be on 64-bit in practice, even if it's not a 64-bit executable.

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
50. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 02:50 NKD

Sepharo wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 01:35:
I scrolled back to see if you had mentioned them earlier but it seems to all be ranting about storage space like it's 2004.

Nah, it's 2014. Many of us have moved on to SSDs to decrease loading times and stuttering in games that stream content into memory. Unfortunately SSDs are significantly more expensive per gig so needlessly huge games force us to either be more choosy about what we have installed at a given time, or force us to install them to slower spinny disk drives.

Yes storage is cheap. Fast storage is not.

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
35. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 07:24 NKD

NamecaF wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 00:31:
I thought maybe the delay might have been to rewrite some of the story/missions and incorporate some of the NSA/PRISM stuff after the whole Snowden leak.

But now I'm a bit worried after seeing those GIFs. If they are accurate then... Fuck

Yeah I'm sure they delayed the game to revert the game to a 2004 graphics level for some inexplicable reason and that single out of context GIF going around is representative of the game on next gen and PC.

28. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 16:56 NKD

DangerDog wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 16:43:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 16:34:
ASeven wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 16:01:
http://i.minus.com/imCQcWqntO6W0.gif

this is the one ppl are talking about...

http://tinyurl.com/m67v4j3

360 / PS3 version?

Still shouldn't look that bad you would think.

Yeah. Posting a picture without any context it's kind of hard to figure out what it might be from. It doesn't seem likely to be anything representative of what we'll be playing, though, given the visual polish Ubisoft puts on their games.

3. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 11:07 NKD

Fuck yeah Watch Doge  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2014, 10:41 NKD

The Pirate Bay, in its entire history, hasn't been inaccessible for any significant period of time. Domain names have been confiscated, and brief downtimes as backups are brought online elsewhere, but by and large these industry groups have expended enormous time, money, and effort to accomplish nothing.  

News Comments > OnLive Undead: Announces New Services
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2014, 21:12 NKD

Haha I remember all the viral shill dickweeds all over the internet claiming this was going to be the best thing evarrrr.  

News Comments > Minecraft Movie Plans
5. Re: Minecraft Movie Plans Feb 28, 2014, 09:15 NKD

ViRGE wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 09:01:
nin wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 08:48:
Darks wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 08:42:
Kids CGI movie, maybe, live action no!

(re live action) I'm having flashbacks to the Battleship trailer, and imagining this as a gritty, LOST knockoff (and not in a good way).

Not that I think notch would go for that...or at least I hope not.

Notch's eyes are bigger than his stomach (as it were), but he's not dumb. The biggest risk is a Minecraft movie overextending itself, rather than being an absurd, gritty take on what's an E rated video game.

Plus it's not like Minecraft has some serious reputation to uphold, or a fanbase that's going to be ultra offended if the movie isn't Oscar quality. And it's not like they are paying a dime to make this happen. In fact they probably make money just letting the idiot studio have a go at it.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
21. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 26, 2014, 01:54 NKD

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 22:22:
This kind of shit makes me wonder if it's time to just abandon gaming entirely. The industry is doomed to descend into bald faced greed.

Whatever their reasoning for the $60, it isn't greed. The $60 price point is too high if they are aiming for profit. It's out of reach for their more cash strapped customers to justify. It costs them basically nothing to offer these boosts, so they could afford to lower the price as much as they wanted to optimize sale price vs. number of sales. In short, if they charged $15 they'd make a lot more money overall.

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:37:
WOW is pay to win. Its finally official...not that we didn't know that already....

Sorry, not seeing the pay-to-win here. This gives you zero advantage over someone who leveled to 90 on their own, except that it took you less time to get there. But since it isn't a race, there are no winners. There is no accomplishment in it. You're skipping over a boring grind in old boring content that requires no skill to begin with.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2014, 04:27.

3250 Comments. 163 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo