Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 2863 (Senior)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Game Sharing Planned?
11. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 10:08 NKD

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 09:52:
It would be funny if even Steam would beat Microsoft over the head with the game sharing
Xbone the only system that doesn't allow you to share your games with friends!

Xbone announced game sharing at E3.

Anyway, I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Not until we see what the restrictions are going to be. I doubt it's going to be a free for all where every game can be shared, and I also doubt that they are going to permit people to game the system in such a way that you have massive sharing collectives where there is always a copy available and you never have to buy anything again.

I think the idea is that this game sharing will get people spending more time on Steam, and while they may not buy the game being shared, they may buy something else. There's a decent amount of money to be made in this idea I think.

But primarily it's just about keeping up with the Xbones and the PS4s, which let you share games.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
18. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 22:48 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 22:40:
NKD wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 21:11:
Making integrated GPUs for people who don't need to play anything on Frostbite 3.
Don't you mean to play anything at all? Nice avatar. PCMR = Win.

Thanks. The GPCGMR is truly the greatest empire to ever exist on Earth

And yeah, Intel 3000 series struggles with Minecraft on low settings...

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

10. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 21:11 NKD

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 21:04:

Where is Intel in all of this?

Making integrated GPUs for people who don't need to play anything on Frostbite 3.

1. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 20:18 NKD

Probably won't amount to much of a difference in the end. Nvidia and AMD have been going round and round like this forever, and quite frankly, you're fine with either company's cards most of the time.

For every game that has a problem with an Nvidia card, there's one that has a problem with an AMD card. You can't actually win, you just have to pick one and deal with it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II: Vengeance Announced
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II: Vengeance Announced Jun 18, 2013, 19:45 NKD

They should just rename it to Colladoody 13, Colladoody 14, etc.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month
16. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 18:21 NKD

ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 18:11:
Is it just me or was this completed way too quickly?

They only got around 2 million dollars. That goes pretty fast if you're not a two-man dev team.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Rumor
25. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 18:03 NKD

jimnms wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 17:44:
Grubworm wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 15:24:
who cares about fallout 4 when wasteland 2 is coming.
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

I didn't know we are only allowed to care about one game at a time! Well fuck me, I've been doing it wrong all this time.

Who cares about Wasteland 2 when the sun is going to turn into a red giant and bake our planet crispy?

21. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 16:06 NKD

siapnar wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 16:03:
Since the new PC, PS and JokeBox are all x86 architecture, does this essentially mean that us PC enthusiasts have PS5's and even PS6's by comparison? In theory, we should be able to run all games that come out at much higher framerates.
Either way, I'm pretty excited about this new gen.

Would be surprised if Fallout4 is also for last gen consoles. It would mean that they'd be porting the PC/PS4/Xbone version to the older consoles, wouldn't it?
As someone else said, that's like backwards compatibility, which both Sony and MS have stated won't be available (for obvious reasons)

NKD wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 13:44:
Guys, do yourself a favor and click here to add Blaster to your ignore list. Looking at his 9 or so posts, all of which lead to brain cell death, you won't be missing out on anything.

I can't seem to find a block feature or anything. Am I missing something? I AM kinda buzzed on some painkillers right now

That's a direct link to ignore him. But the ignore/unignore link on the right hand side of the user profile.

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
4. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 18, 2013, 15:38 NKD

KS wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 11:21:
Can't watch it at work. Is there a "hard" mode where you can't kill anybody?

Just don't kill people?

I hate to sound like an old man, but back in my day we had to make our own challenges. Kill nobody, kill everybody, don't get seen, only use a paperclip and a roll of electrical tape, only use a 4 foot purple dildo, etc.

15. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 13:44 NKD

Guys, do yourself a favor and click here to add Blaster to your ignore list. Looking at his 9 or so posts, all of which lead to brain cell death, you won't be missing out on anything.  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month
8. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 12:47 NKD

Fuck yeah Shadowrun.

First thing I've Kickstarted that will actually be coming out. Hopefully more will follow.

News Comments > NASCAR The Game: 2013 Early Access
2. Re: NASCAR The Game: 2013 Early Access Jun 18, 2013, 10:16 NKD

Left Turn Simulator 2013: Hhehhehhe Edition  

5. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 10:00 NKD

nin wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 09:29:
Oct 2015 and still on current gen consoles?

Yeah that seems fishy to me. That'll be two years in to the new consoles and the player base on the old ones is going to be pretty damn small by then. And if the game looks good and they are taking advantage of the Xboner and PS4 hardware, then whatever shows up on 360 and PS3 would be a mere shadow of a game.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 17, 2013, 21:21 NKD

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 21:02:
Further, it's important to bear in mind I'm being called a traitor by men like former Vice President Dick Cheney. This is a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up on the way to deceitfully engineering a conflict that has killed over 4,400 and maimed nearly 32,000 Americans, as well as leaving over 100,000 Iraqis dead. Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American, and the more panicked talk we hear from people like him, Feinstein, and King, the better off we all are. If they had taught a class on how to be the kind of citizen Dick Cheney worries about, I would have finished high school.

Give that man a fucking cigar!

No kidding. That's like the ultimate compliment when Literally Hitler considers you a traitor.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 20:50 NKD

Why is Mattrick still employed?  

News Comments > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Early Access
1. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Early Access Jun 17, 2013, 20:15 NKD

Don't bother. Even Diablo 3 is better than this.  

News Comments > IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects
5. Re: IO Interactive Lays Off Staff; Cancels Projects Jun 17, 2013, 16:57 NKD

Hope everyone finds work soon. Glad to hear they aren't giving up on Hitman. I find Absolution to be pretty mediocre. I hope the next one is a bit better.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
81. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 14:36 NKD

Prez wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:30:

He's the only one on mine too. He is so deluded by his self-perceived superiority to such an extent that any deviation from his stated position puts you squarely in the category of the very villainy that he is raiiling against. Having an opposing opinion to his "perfect" one is akin to a crime.

Shit, I wasnt even opposing his opinion! We seemed to agree that there was an issue that needed solving, and I put forth the solution that worked in the past for other people, and suddenly I'm eating babies and raping women.

78. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 14:22 NKD

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:16:
NKD wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:06:
"You don't agree with me therefore you are RollinThundr and are trolling!"

You know what Beamer? Fuck you, fuck your family, and the fuck the 13 generations of your ancestors.

I try to have a god damn civilized debate, and then you compare me to ROLLINTHUNDR of all people, some god damn right wing lunatic fucktard probably from Texas?

Seriously, eat a bag of dicks and choke to death on them. Welcome to ignore.

Actually I'm from Mass, the liberal bastion of the northeast, where the taxes and cost of living are high, the health care is even higher, thanks to Romneycare, Thanks Mittens! And I'd honestly consider myself more libertarian except when it comes to spending.

When you're knee deep in liberal policy you see how destructive it is. Look at Chicago or Detroit or DC for the perfect example of how NOT to do it.

You should try out west coast liberals, we have a much nicer time. And more weed.

76. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 14:15 NKD

Prez wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:08:
Over 70 posts on a dead horse non issue. Jesus why doesn't everyone just ignore Beamer? He accuses everyone on this site of basically every crime against humanity. He is a fucking troll. Just one that writes in walls of text and likes to club you over the head with his arrogance.

Edit: Very wise choice NKD. He is an absolute waste of skin.

Interestingly, he's the only person on my ignore list. While we have a lot of stupidity and shills around here, most of them are more than willing to have a civilized if pointless and one-sided debate.

Beamer meanwhile basically accuses me of being Hitler when I challenge him to provide a solution to the problem.

2863 Comments. 144 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo