Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3215 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
3. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 11:07 NKD

Fuck yeah Watch Doge  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2014, 10:41 NKD

The Pirate Bay, in its entire history, hasn't been inaccessible for any significant period of time. Domain names have been confiscated, and brief downtimes as backups are brought online elsewhere, but by and large these industry groups have expended enormous time, money, and effort to accomplish nothing.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > OnLive Undead: Announces New Services
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2014, 21:12 NKD

Haha I remember all the viral shill dickweeds all over the internet claiming this was going to be the best thing evarrrr.  

News Comments > Minecraft Movie Plans
5. Re: Minecraft Movie Plans Feb 28, 2014, 09:15 NKD

ViRGE wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 09:01:
nin wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 08:48:
Darks wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 08:42:
Kids CGI movie, maybe, live action no!

(re live action) I'm having flashbacks to the Battleship trailer, and imagining this as a gritty, LOST knockoff (and not in a good way).

Not that I think notch would go for that...or at least I hope not.

Notch's eyes are bigger than his stomach (as it were), but he's not dumb. The biggest risk is a Minecraft movie overextending itself, rather than being an absurd, gritty take on what's an E rated video game.

Plus it's not like Minecraft has some serious reputation to uphold, or a fanbase that's going to be ultra offended if the movie isn't Oscar quality. And it's not like they are paying a dime to make this happen. In fact they probably make money just letting the idiot studio have a go at it.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
21. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 26, 2014, 01:54 NKD

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 22:22:
This kind of shit makes me wonder if it's time to just abandon gaming entirely. The industry is doomed to descend into bald faced greed.

Whatever their reasoning for the $60, it isn't greed. The $60 price point is too high if they are aiming for profit. It's out of reach for their more cash strapped customers to justify. It costs them basically nothing to offer these boosts, so they could afford to lower the price as much as they wanted to optimize sale price vs. number of sales. In short, if they charged $15 they'd make a lot more money overall.

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:37:
WOW is pay to win. Its finally official...not that we didn't know that already....

Sorry, not seeing the pay-to-win here. This gives you zero advantage over someone who leveled to 90 on their own, except that it took you less time to get there. But since it isn't a race, there are no winners. There is no accomplishment in it. You're skipping over a boring grind in old boring content that requires no skill to begin with.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2014, 04:27.

News Comments > Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users
6. Re: Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users Feb 25, 2014, 22:13 NKD

Lots of little kids just get the demo but can't get the ol' parental units to sign off on buying the full game because they hate fun, or because they know their little spawns are annoying as fuck and don't wish to subject the rest of the Internet to their griefing and fugly cobblestone monstrosities.  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
7. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 25, 2014, 19:52 NKD

GameAnger wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 19:31:
Talisorn wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 18:56:
Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 18:30:
I so fucking hate Actiblizz now. It actually makes me froth up black bile from the pits of Hell when I even think about them. If Bobby Nodick died of hemorrhoids tomorrow I'd break out the champagne.

So clearly you don't have a strong opinion on the subject?

Which is ironic since all he does is bag the game / company, yet isnt subbed.

Personally $60 to me is less than 2 hours work. Compare this to leveling an entire character to 90, I like the idea.

Sadly I have 6 over 85 characters. Like Fuck am I paying $60 to increase 3 or 4 bloody levels though

I really like this idea as well. Plus, people who don't play and only bitch from the sidelines wouldn't know this, but you've been able to essentially buy your way most of the way to the cap for a long time now using Refer A Friend 300% XP boost and level grants. And it cost you about $60 when all was said and done unless you caught a sale. The only hassle was running the second copy of WoW for the other character, but my friends are constantly doing this shit.

So people have been paying Blizzard for this service for a long time, just in a more convoluted manner. They are simply streamlining the process.

News Comments > PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month
14. Re: PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month Feb 25, 2014, 12:08 NKD

$10? Worth a shot I guess. Not expecting much though. Just keep working on the proper sequel guys...  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
114. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2014, 07:50 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 04:23:
So yeah guys, my first 20mins of gameplay? Enjoying it quite a bit. It's more or less true to the game, and there's no shortage of lewts to grab but some of it's tricky. Only playing it on medium atm, do a true playthrough when I'm done the first run. Turning off contextual "help" and prompts makes it more challenging as well.

To anyone who doesn't like the game? That's okay, I'm enjoying it. I'll get my $34 out of it without a doubt.

Oh and if you're looking for a x/10 rating? 20mins in, I'd give it a solid 7.8-8.3/10 give or take. I don't mind the voice acting at all, and find the interaction so far decent.

First major map, the one that people were posting images about earlier? Not really holding true. I've so far found 4 alternate paths compared to the one taken in the video.

Oh and "non-exclusive fullscreen" listed as "exclusive fullscreen" works beautifully in win8.1x64 for alt-tabbing with zero issues, lag, slowdown/crashes or other issues. I'd be interested to hear if the same holds true in win7.

And if anyone wants to see the main map area in chapter 1 here it is.
http://imgur.com/1oN7zx5

I've been playing it a bit tonight and your experience mirrors my own. I just don't see what all the bitching was about. I truly don't. These horrible glaring flaws people talked about in the reviews are orders of magnitude less dire than they led us to believe. They are barely worthy of mention. Maybe if I put more hours in I'll understand, but so far so good. It doesn't even really feel like a franchise reboot, IMHO. It's just another Thief game. You'd have to set it on easiest difficulty and run around being a psycho to not get the Thief experience, and that'd be your own fault.

Looking at some of the reviews again, I feel like most of the reviewers didn't understand the point of a Thief game and they were expecting something more flashy like a Deus Ex.

On the other end of the spectrum you have the die-hard Thief "fans" who have been swearing up and down that the game was going to suck for YEARS. These guys are so invested in their own opinion that they are psychologically incapable of enjoying the game.

If I put a few more hours into the game and everything goes to hell, I'll have to change my view on the game, but like I said, so far so good.

84. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2014, 21:38 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 21:27:
NKD wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 21:17:
As an aside, can someone tell me when we started lending weight to Metacritic around here?
Never. Any long time poster knows that metacritic is nothing but a epeen stroking contest and angst city much like tumblr.

I started actually laughing when I read "Tumblr"

But yeah I don't understand the fascination about Metacritic. Weren't people here just talking about how great Banished is or something? Its Metacritic is only a couple points higher than Thief.

A game with a Metacritic score of ~70 could have a user score of 8.9 (Banished) or a user score of 1.9 (CoD Ghosts). It's such a useless circlejerk that tells you nothing.

Redmask wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 21:37:
NKD wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 21:17:
As an aside, can someone tell me when we started lending weight to Metacritic around here? Last I checked the consensus here was that big game critics had no fucking clue what they were talking about and gave scores based on how much the publishers paid them in ad buys, and that there were much better ways to decide on a purchase.

But suddenly we've got some guy literally jerking off his tiny penis to a mediocre Metacritic score?

The funny part is that no one else really cares if new Thief is good or bad but he is inexplicably invested in the outcome. Last time I checked this board was full of Thief fans who will be hugely critical of this game no matter what Metacritic says, this is not a place known for apologists.

Yeah I don't know what his problem is. Take the risk, or wait and see. No reason to get excited either way. I guess someone at Eidos on the Thief team was banging his wife or something while he was out of town at a Star Trek convention.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2014, 21:43.

79. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 21:17 NKD

As an aside, can someone tell me when we started lending weight to Metacritic around here? Last I checked the consensus here was that big game critics had no fucking clue what they were talking about and gave scores based on how much the publishers paid them in ad buys, and that there were much better ways to decide on a purchase.

But suddenly we've got some guy literally jerking off his tiny penis to a mediocre Metacritic score?

Is this Blue's News or GameFAQs?

72. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 18:48 NKD

Prez wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 18:36:
harlock wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:11:
Quboid wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 16:27:
I didn't really get the "bury head in sand" thing either. Did anyone? For some reason you seem to think that respecting the opinion of a particular critic is akin to burying one's head in the sand - is that right?

no thats not it

if you dont want to understand it, you wont.. plain and simple - and thats another aspect ImOof the same thing.. which makes it all so tidy

if you want the game to be good, its going to affect your judgment.. if you want to be critical, that will affect your judgment

if you want to gloss over things, that will affect your judgment.. if you want to see clearly, that will affect your judgment

hopefully you have a better picture by now, if not, go ahead and blame yourself

How the hell did I not peg you for Space Captain earlier? This makes this your... what, 3rd alter ego since being banned? I thought you were too good for this place?

Let's face it, we're probably not getting a lot of legitimate new users. If you see a new-ish account, it's probably a sockpuppet.

News Comments > Craig Scott Leaves CCP for Bigpoint
2. Re: Craig Scott Leaves CCP for Bigpoint Feb 24, 2014, 18:22 NKD

Ludomancer wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:44:
Dear Craig,
Have fun convincing your corporate overlords to step outside the dry and dated formula that MMO's are today.
We look forward to the new version of WoW.

Bigpoint makes mostly casual free to plays, not big titles meant to compete with WoW. For example, they made Battlestar Galactica Online, which isn't exactly a WoW clone. Their games may not be on the same level of depth or popularity as big name MMOs, but they are different.

52. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 16:04 NKD

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 15:55:
Because their website is getting hammered, here's a copy and paste of the Sneaky Bastards Thief Review. So painful.

I am reveling in this. How many of you pre-ordered? Did you learn your lesson yet?

Didn't preorder because I wasn't really following the game. Wasn't going to buy, but I watched TotalBiscuit's review and now I am fairly confident I'll be getting my money's worth on this one.

32. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 13:45 NKD

harlock wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 13:34:

shouldnt "good enough for you" be based on how much you like it?

Unfortunately since game demos are a thing of the past, I have to rely on a reviewer who has demonstrated a similar taste in games.

26. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 13:25 NKD

TotalBiscuit seemed to like it a lot. Good enough for me.  

News Comments > Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY
9. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 14:36 NKD

Pigeon wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 09:53:
I'm more interested in a remake of VI and to a lesser extent V. Classic style FF gameplay, with a good story and updated graphics. Yes please.

I'm more interested in some _new_ Final Fantasy games with de-updated graphics more along the lines of FF6... maybe I'm crazy but I felt that style of sprite work had a lot of soul.

News Comments > PC Line of Defense Tactics Released
5. Re: PC Line of Defense Tactics Released Feb 11, 2014, 21:48 NKD

DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART

The ritual is complete.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
21. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 8, 2014, 16:15 NKD

Prez wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 14:39:
Uh, iMax has been doing fine for decades. Their screens are curved.

Yes, but are they "better"?

3D is awesome when it is done right. Avatar, The Hobbit, Tin Tin, Wreck It Ralph - All done in native 3D, all look great in the theater and on my 55" LG.

Until I can watch a 3D movie without looking like a retarded Robocop with those goofy glasses I don't give a rodent's rectum about 3D movies.

Dunno where you're watching your movies, but at the theater I go to they basically just look like a cheap pair of sunglasses.

News Comments > Valve Prevails in German Lawsuit
11. Re: Valve Prevails in German Lawsuit Feb 7, 2014, 16:29 NKD

How would reselling "used" digital licenses work anyway? I don't really see that being a very profitable business model unless someone is taking a nice healthy cut.  

3215 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo