Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3572 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute
11. Re: Steam AU Refund Legal Dispute Aug 29, 2014, 14:01 NKD

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:40:
Bard wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 12:51:
I wish I could have gotten a refund on at least half the games I have bought, that are DRM crippled or just plain broken.

How many games do you own? That number will determine whether you're part of the problem (claiming a game is "broken" because it's plain bad or you don't like it) or just the worst consumer ever who has managed to buy proportionately more actual shovelware than everyone else here. ;-)

Seriously, though, unless the description of the game was misleading or incomplete (it happens sometimes), any DRM is not a good reason for a refund. You're told about it upfront and you bought it anyway.

"This is why we can't have nice things." comes to mind. People would abuse the shit out of refund options if given half a chance. You'd need a system in place to stop people from abusing it by too frequently requesting refunds.

It shouldn't be there as a safety net that allows people to buy whatever game they want and get a refund if they don't like it, or worse, get a refund once they've beaten the game or gotten their fill of it.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 27, 2014, 23:43 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 21:45:
SWAT threat locks down school, gets Counter-Strike player slammed to the ground…

This shit has to stop too. I wonder how people aren't getting nailed for this?

It's not really practical to track down these guys unless they are incredibly stupid. It's very easy to make untraceable calls from the Internet, and sometimes they'll even use services designed for the deaf or mute to call 911.

The police are in kind of a no-win scenario when it comes to these prank calls. The caller says people are being killed. If it turns out to be bullshit and they mobilize anyway, you get the shit we are seeing here. If it turns out to be real, and they spent precious time trying to verify the phone call and more lives are lost before they mobilize a response, they get blamed for being incompetent.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Volition Reveal Friday
9. Re: Volition Reveal Friday Aug 27, 2014, 11:16 NKD

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:00:
Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:58:
Someone better ask her "Hey Kinzie, wanna fuck?"

Anyway, good to see they're doing well and are adding staff.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I do hope SR takes a few steps back towards reality. 3 is still my favorite, but 4 seemed too far out there, and not nearly as fun.

I enjoyed 4 just as much as the others, but I still agree with you. Variety is the spice of life. You can't just get crazier and crazier indefinitely, so it would be interesting to see the series not resort to simply cranking up the batshit insanity level every time.

At some point your shit becomes so nonsensical that you become an anime game.

SR has covered a lot of ground in 4 games, and it's hard to think of a direction they could go in without re-hashing themselves. But I think if they get some smart people together in a room they can come up with something that isn't just next-level crazy.

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:12:
but a lot of people never played 3 due to the dismal PC port and didn't get to see how great it was

What? SR3's PC port was 10 times better than SR2's PC port.

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
33. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 20:01 NKD

I wish I could sic /v/ on a few people, they are so effective at being scumbags.  

News Comments > MMOGs Under Attack
7. Re: MMOGs Under Attack Aug 22, 2014, 18:12 NKD

Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 17:36:
And why would you target things like LoL or GW2, two games made by companies who are extremely player-friendly, and who follow a laudible business model?

They aren't targeting the company. They are targeting the players. These guys basically thrive on the attention they get from "bringing down your favorite game."

When Wildstar and some other games were being DDOS'd a few weeks ago, the guy who was doing it was bragging and acting like a fucktard on some stolen Twitter account.

News Comments > Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft
32. Re: Notch Softens View on Oculus Minecraft Aug 18, 2014, 18:31 NKD

Why do you guys go full retard every time Blue posts something about Notch?  

News Comments > Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner
13. Re: Evolve is Big Gamescom Winner Aug 16, 2014, 16:20 NKD

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 14:39:
4v1 is outright stupid. Whoever thought that was a good idea has a screw loose!

It's actually pretty fun in the games I've played that have had a similar mode.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 15, 2014, 01:52 NKD

Has anyone asked the booth babes what they think of booth babes at conventions? Seems to me no one has really cared to ask.  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
12. Re: I'm so confused... Aug 14, 2014, 23:54 NKD

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 23:34:

How does this work without a Bronze dragon, you might ask? Magic.

He has a bronze dragon. Kairoz is helping him I believe.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Aug 14, 2014, 18:42 NKD

Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 18:33:
The possibilities are endless? Endless? False advertise much, Ubisoft?

Maybe you should file a lawsuit dude, accuse them of wire fraud too.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
18. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 18:26 NKD

Quinn wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 14:40:
I am So. Fucking. Tired. of this franchise. So fucking tired...

Truly, I'll soon want to lock my head between my hands and scream "MAKE IT STOP!". Even the fucking title that pops up everywhere I look is beginning to cause some weird twitches in my facial features here and there. Fucking hell!

Then you should probably stop clicking through and making overly dramatic comments on articles regarding this franchise. If it's not your cup of tea, move the fuck on.

13. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 13:41 NKD

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:16:
(Which makes sense, but it seems supremely lazy. The ship you're sailing is literally the same model as the Jackdaw, and all the enemy ships are the same too.)

Uhh the Morrigan and the Jackdaw are not the same model.

Morrigan

Jackdaw

Other than being sailing ships of roughly the same class (The Morrigan looks a bit smaller), their designs are fairly different. If you compare a profile shot of the Jackdaw with a profile shot of the Morrigan, there are more apparent differences. The stern deck is situated lower and it lacks the second row of gun ports.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2014, 13:49.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 13:27 NKD

Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:23:
Anyone else notice this article is more than a year old? Slow news day?

Wow, good catch. Didn't notice that. No wonder the fucker is bitching about Lightning Returns. It wasn't even released in Japan back then, let alone the US.

Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:19:
I thought FFX was fine but FFXIII takes it way too far into corridor territory. It is a literal corridor, play it sometime and you'll understand the complaints. The story and characters are fucking trash (which is saying something for a JRPG) which leaves no redeeming aspects to the whole experience other than over-produced visuals.

13-2 and Lightning Returns ditch all that corridor bullshit. But the thing is, when I was replaying Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on my PS3, it struck me that FFX was pretty corridor-based as well. A LOT of the areas were just paths that funnelled you along to the next story point. In fact it's a lot like FF13 in that regard. The difference being in FFX you could revisit old areas.

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
12. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 13:25 NKD

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:17:
Unlike the cinematic, that was kind of shitty and not worth the hype...

November 13th too, impressive but rushed it seems.

Not really rushed. It's about their usual beta pace. Raid testing began a couple weeks ago and it's usually roughly 3 months between beginning of raid testing and expansion launch.

8. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 11:36 NKD

These are AC: Rogue trailers and not Unity.

That said, I'm looking forward to more naval combat. AC4 was an absolutely blast because of it, and despite the fact that they hadn't really improved much on the land gameplay.

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
5. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 10:38 NKD

Alamar wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:36:
Task wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:32:
The cinematics are unfortunately nothing like the game. Just click and watch your guy hack away at clicked thing.

You would be what is referred to as a baddie... : )

A bit of an understatement if all he's doing is autoattacking the mob.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 10:34 NKD

Final Fantasy has been "dead" for well over a decade long time according to the cry babies, especially the ones whose first and last Final Fantasy game was 7. And it's still going. I have still enjoyed every single fucking title. Yeah, they are a bit quirky. They are JRPGs. JRPGs are always weird.

Also why the fuck is the author so afraid of tits? Breast-jiggling simulator? Really? I don't think he's even played Lightning Returns. Yeah, you dress Lightning up, but there are plenty of non-skimpy outfits, and seeing as how you're effectively viewing her from behind almost all the time, there isn't much in the way of jiggling titties.

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
38. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 16:52 NKD

Axis wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 16:38:
When the PR throws out those PnP keywords ("roots of PnP", "DnD", "Hallmarks of Bioware" "Deep combat progression"), the LAST thing you expect is a hack and slash FPS/TPS game.

Now will it be a good game, perhaps. But will it be "Roots of PnP" etc? hell no.

That's on you. It was pretty clear that when they talk about PnP, they are referring to the Shadowlord player's control over the environment being similar to a DM. They were NOT saying that the game is going to be a pen and paper CRPG engine with turn based combat. To me that seemed obvious, seeing as how they said right away that it was an action RPG. As far as deep combat progression, well, we haven't seen the progression yet, so we'll see later on whether that pans out.

35. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 16:27 NKD

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 16:21:
Eh, it's in pre-alpha, so the final product will undoubtedly look little to nothing like this. It looks like over-the-shoulder Diablo, only this time there'll be a DM running around as well. Still seems interesting.

Frankly it's very unusual for a major developer to show pre-alpha footage at all. I get the impression they are trying to start showing things early enough that they can actually make changes based on feedback. Usually from Bioware (or any other larger studio) you don't see any real gameplay until a few months before release and the game is basically in a finished state.

Still, it's infuriating to see people shitting on something based on a few blurbs and some pre-alpha gameplay.

7. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 10:05 NKD

This sounds weird. But it's good to see Bioware trying something different instead of just shitting out another formulaic single player RPG. I'm also a fan of asymmetric multiplayer modes, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.  

3572 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo