Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3564 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
12. Re: I'm so confused... Aug 14, 2014, 23:54 NKD

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 23:34:

How does this work without a Bronze dragon, you might ask? Magic.

He has a bronze dragon. Kairoz is helping him I believe.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Aug 14, 2014, 18:42 NKD

Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 18:33:
The possibilities are endless? Endless? False advertise much, Ubisoft?

Maybe you should file a lawsuit dude, accuse them of wire fraud too.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers
18. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 18:26 NKD

Quinn wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 14:40:
I am So. Fucking. Tired. of this franchise. So fucking tired...

Truly, I'll soon want to lock my head between my hands and scream "MAKE IT STOP!". Even the fucking title that pops up everywhere I look is beginning to cause some weird twitches in my facial features here and there. Fucking hell!

Then you should probably stop clicking through and making overly dramatic comments on articles regarding this franchise. If it's not your cup of tea, move the fuck on.

13. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 13:41 NKD

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:16:
(Which makes sense, but it seems supremely lazy. The ship you're sailing is literally the same model as the Jackdaw, and all the enemy ships are the same too.)

Uhh the Morrigan and the Jackdaw are not the same model.

Morrigan

Jackdaw

Other than being sailing ships of roughly the same class (The Morrigan looks a bit smaller), their designs are fairly different. If you compare a profile shot of the Jackdaw with a profile shot of the Morrigan, there are more apparent differences. The stern deck is situated lower and it lacks the second row of gun ports.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2014, 13:49.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 13:27 NKD

Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:23:
Anyone else notice this article is more than a year old? Slow news day?

Wow, good catch. Didn't notice that. No wonder the fucker is bitching about Lightning Returns. It wasn't even released in Japan back then, let alone the US.

Verno wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:19:
I thought FFX was fine but FFXIII takes it way too far into corridor territory. It is a literal corridor, play it sometime and you'll understand the complaints. The story and characters are fucking trash (which is saying something for a JRPG) which leaves no redeeming aspects to the whole experience other than over-produced visuals.

13-2 and Lightning Returns ditch all that corridor bullshit. But the thing is, when I was replaying Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on my PS3, it struck me that FFX was pretty corridor-based as well. A LOT of the areas were just paths that funnelled you along to the next story point. In fact it's a lot like FF13 in that regard. The difference being in FFX you could revisit old areas.

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
12. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 13:25 NKD

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 13:17:
Unlike the cinematic, that was kind of shitty and not worth the hype...

November 13th too, impressive but rushed it seems.

Not really rushed. It's about their usual beta pace. Raid testing began a couple weeks ago and it's usually roughly 3 months between beginning of raid testing and expansion launch.

8. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 11:36 NKD

These are AC: Rogue trailers and not Unity.

That said, I'm looking forward to more naval combat. AC4 was an absolutely blast because of it, and despite the fact that they hadn't really improved much on the land gameplay.

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
5. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 10:38 NKD

Alamar wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:36:
Task wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:32:
The cinematics are unfortunately nothing like the game. Just click and watch your guy hack away at clicked thing.

You would be what is referred to as a baddie... : )

A bit of an understatement if all he's doing is autoattacking the mob.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2014, 10:34 NKD

Final Fantasy has been "dead" for well over a decade long time according to the cry babies, especially the ones whose first and last Final Fantasy game was 7. And it's still going. I have still enjoyed every single fucking title. Yeah, they are a bit quirky. They are JRPGs. JRPGs are always weird.

Also why the fuck is the author so afraid of tits? Breast-jiggling simulator? Really? I don't think he's even played Lightning Returns. Yeah, you dress Lightning up, but there are plenty of non-skimpy outfits, and seeing as how you're effectively viewing her from behind almost all the time, there isn't much in the way of jiggling titties.

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
38. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 16:52 NKD

Axis wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 16:38:
When the PR throws out those PnP keywords ("roots of PnP", "DnD", "Hallmarks of Bioware" "Deep combat progression"), the LAST thing you expect is a hack and slash FPS/TPS game.

Now will it be a good game, perhaps. But will it be "Roots of PnP" etc? hell no.

That's on you. It was pretty clear that when they talk about PnP, they are referring to the Shadowlord player's control over the environment being similar to a DM. They were NOT saying that the game is going to be a pen and paper CRPG engine with turn based combat. To me that seemed obvious, seeing as how they said right away that it was an action RPG. As far as deep combat progression, well, we haven't seen the progression yet, so we'll see later on whether that pans out.

35. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 16:27 NKD

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 16:21:
Eh, it's in pre-alpha, so the final product will undoubtedly look little to nothing like this. It looks like over-the-shoulder Diablo, only this time there'll be a DM running around as well. Still seems interesting.

Frankly it's very unusual for a major developer to show pre-alpha footage at all. I get the impression they are trying to start showing things early enough that they can actually make changes based on feedback. Usually from Bioware (or any other larger studio) you don't see any real gameplay until a few months before release and the game is basically in a finished state.

Still, it's infuriating to see people shitting on something based on a few blurbs and some pre-alpha gameplay.

7. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 10:05 NKD

This sounds weird. But it's good to see Bioware trying something different instead of just shitting out another formulaic single player RPG. I'm also a fan of asymmetric multiplayer modes, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
45. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 13, 2014, 00:16 NKD

In before Deus Ex and Hitman move to Xbone Exclusivity.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2014, 12:46 NKD

nin wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 12:42:
Was reading about that Tony Stewart deal last night - crazy!

Yeah, I sure hope that wasn't on purpose. A lot of people seem to be saying it was, but people more familiar with sprint cars don't seem to be so sure.

We'll see how it pans out, but either way, walking out into high speed traffic on a dirt track is basically committing suicide.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 8, 2014, 21:22 NKD

Actual image of Cevat Yerli.  

News Comments > SSI Vets form TSI
17. Re: SSI Vets form TSI Aug 8, 2014, 20:50 NKD

Interesting... we'll see how that pans out.  

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
11. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 11:30 NKD

Luke wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 10:49:
InBlack wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 10:41:
Might as well call it McDonalds Gaming...in this, or any case of a brand revival, the quality of games to spring from these studios will depend on the people who work on them.

And people today working on games lack of passion and love for those games they make , its all about money nada else ,

Bullshit. If people working on games only cared about money, they wouldn't be working on games. Your job security is poor and pay and benefits usually less than what you'd get working for MS or Google or some other software giant. What you say might be true of some corporate bean counters, but that's always been true of corporate bean counters. It's not true of the people who put their time into making these games.

The cost to make a game you can get away with charging 50-60 bucks for has skyrocketed in the last 20 years, so since more money is involved, more bean counters are involved.

We can get the bean counters out of gaming, but it would mean no longer spending 20, 30, 100 million dollars making them.

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Plans
17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2014, 20:50 NKD

Loot the dog  

News Comments > Casey Hudson Departs BioWare
2. Re: Casey Hudson Departs BioWare Aug 7, 2014, 19:37 NKD

Flatline wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 19:09:
Is he the guy who supposedly locked himself away for ME3 and wrote that "ending"?

That'd be the guy...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 7, 2014, 11:14 NKD

Honestly if you're not buying an Intel or Samsung, maybe one of the higher end Corsairs that use the server-grade controller (too soon to tell on that one) you're buying the wrong SSD.  

3564 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo