Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3055 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
4. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 14:24 NKD

Spring? Fuck.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
8. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs Oct 15, 2013, 12:54 NKD

In for the $100 package. Fuck yeeesssssss.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Console Emulation Through Steam
49. Re: Console Emulation Through Steam Oct 15, 2013, 00:13 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 05:59:
I'd say piracy is pretty far down the list, since most people here don't pirate. Your comment might provide insight into your mindset though.

Oh really? Most people here don't pirate? Please. On Blue's, most of us were probably copying that floppy when copying that floppy was still a thing.

News Comments > AR/VR Headset Kickstarter
4. Re: AR/VR Headset Kickstarter Oct 14, 2013, 23:46 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 23:22:
I have to wonder why she was fired. Especially how close between the fire date and Valve announcing Steam Box.

Given that the Steam Box is more or less going to be up to manufacturers to design and release with the Steam Box label, my initial guess is that they switched from a first-party solution. You wouldn't need as much engineering talent if that were the case.

News Comments > Console Emulation Through Steam
37. Re: Console Emulation Through Steam Oct 14, 2013, 02:37 NKD

Why are we arguing about piracy? I mean jesus christ piracy is the #1 selling point of PC gaming, whether it be emulation or native titles, and it always has been. No one cares.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: DXHR Oct 13, 2013, 15:58 NKD

I'm in for 5 bucks.  

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
22. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 13, 2013, 15:56 NKD

Quite frankly companies can't even be bothered to put reasonable effort into their Windows ports. What's going to convince them to put port to a SECOND PC operating system?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 11, 2013, 10:25 NKD

He might want to check with his record label before sending off letters. It's probable Rockstar already paid them.  

News Comments > Thief Gameplay Trailer
31. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 10, 2013, 00:30 NKD

Gonna wait until I've heard more on this one. The troubled development cycle bothers me because usually games with those kinds of shake ups turn out a bit schizophrenic.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
28. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 9, 2013, 01:23 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 01:06:
Slinkycatz wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 21:15:
Every day hundreds are signing up... it has been a slow uptick of the # of people signing up every day. It is not just the USA but all over the world.

I just don't believe that 2000 people are signing up every day for $77 a piece, and keep on doing this so day after day after week after week after month after month. Not when no other Kickstarter has gotten even anywhere near those numbers of people. Yet Roberts keeps adding a million dollars basically every week?

I'm pretty sure this is just investor money that they're pretending is crowdsourced.

I'm a Star Citizen backer, but I share your suspicions. I'm sorry, but crowd sourced titles like this follow a pretty consistent pattern with how the money comes in. You don't keep up steady and consistent gains over a long period of time.

If I had to guess, I'd say a certain amount of investor money was gained early on, and he's pretending that its rolling in slowly to keep the game in the press. Admittedly a bit of a tinfoil hat theory, but something is definitely fishy here.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
1. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 8, 2013, 19:10 NKD

Where is all this money coming from?  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
12. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 6, 2013, 17:50 NKD

I've been using Windows 8 for a long time now and I don't really have any complaints. I stopped using the start menu in my workflow years ago, so maybe I'm not the ideal person to be judging, though.

But Windows 8 has so many cool little tweaks all over the place and internal improvements, I couldn't really go back to 7.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 17:37 NKD

Been pondering putting up a Terraria dedicated server. But the problem with terraria is that you have to farm worlds, which means multiple servers or restarting it etc.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Prototype Details
40. Re: Steam Hardware Prototype Details Oct 5, 2013, 10:32 NKD

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 10:13:
fujiJuice wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 09:13:
I think many of you are forgetting this is just a prototype.

We're conducting a beta of the overall Steam living-room experience, so we needed to build prototype hardware on which to run tests.

I'm not sure how anyone can be forgetting it, but since their Linux has superior performance than a windows pc, why not a low spec'd PC to test with and impress?

Because no OS/driver combination is going to turn a low end PC into a mid-range PC performance-wise. Sending out prototypes for testing that can't run most games comfortably would be a disaster.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 4, 2013, 12:58 NKD

mch wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 10:43:
Related note: the voice actor that did Michael was on Boardwalk Empire last week!

I saw Michael on something else last week! I don't recall what it was. But I saw Trevor the night before on Person of Interest.

News Comments > Terraria 2 Plans
3. Re: Terraria 2 Plans Oct 3, 2013, 22:42 NKD

nin wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 21:44:
Eh, we got Starbound in the meantime...

Starbound can't get here soon enough.

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
9. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 13:08 NKD

Also interesting is the recommended specs listing 6 and 8 core CPUs rather than just a fast quad core. Quad core is the minimum.

New console generation definitely pushing things along a bit already.

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
1. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 09:42 NKD

Makes sense. Can't keep memory usage under the 32bit addressing limit forever.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 2, 2013, 23:44 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 22:01:
FAA panel: Wi-Fi is safe on planes even during takeoff and landing.

I'm glad they finally owned up to it. If it was truly a danger, they'd force people to turn them off and store them in carry on.

If it was truly a danger, they'd confiscate them at security and you'd never see them again, like all the other dangerous items. Definitely a good move here moving towards getting rid of that silly restriction.

News Comments > EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters
1. Re: EverQuest II Giving Away Level 85 Characters Oct 2, 2013, 21:28 NKD

Pretty good idea for really old MMOs with dwindling player bases. EQ2 is a raiding game and this helps get some new or returning blood into the raid scene.  

3055 Comments. 153 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo