Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3202 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 21, 2014, 00:36 NKD

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 20:27:
People are still crazy about DayZ.
Watch Doge seem to be doing pretty well in sales too, hope it won't disappoint.

Asshole! It's MY job to make the Watch Doge references on this site! I'll sue!!

Watch Doge

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ
14. Re: SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ Apr 20, 2014, 22:55 NKD

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 16:28:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 15:16:
Smedley has totally flipped his lid on this game. It is going NOWHERE! What a complete waste of development staff. I have always known him to be an idiot, but now we see he is way beyond that and in fact a complete imbecile!

How challenging is killing zombies? It gets boring as hell fast!. So all they have left is pvp and there FAR BETTER pvp games out there than this one will ever be.

Yeah, I'll still never understand why he wasn't terminated with extreme prejudice after Vanguard. SOE really needs to get rid of him.

Vanguard? The game they rescued on the cheap when the previous publisher backed out and ran profitably for 7 years? The reason Smedley is there probably has something to do with the fact that he's been with the company from the beginning, is popular there, and SOE is a profitable division.

Vanguard was a stinker in terms of where McQuaid and friends thought it would go, but it wasn't a financial loser for SOE.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy III Revealed
9. Re: PC Final Fantasy III Revealed Apr 18, 2014, 13:31 NKD

Dead Man Walking wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 13:09:
I just bought and been playing the android version of FF6. Very well done port even with the odd control scheme. I recommend it if you have a droid device and love the series.

Shame about the art style though. They sapped all the character out of it...

But eh, PC users always have the option of playing the US or JP versions of the SNES, PS1 (ick), or GBA editions of the game.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for OS X
7. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for OS X Apr 15, 2014, 20:24 NKD

Director's Cut is amazing. I think I had to pay like $5 for it as an owner of the original game and expansion. Well worth the trivial asking price to have a streamlined definitive version of the game with new boss battles and the expansion built in. To say nothing of the minor bugfixes and performance improvements throughout.

More value than I've ever gotten out of a $5 DLC I'm pretty sure...

News Comments > Pantheon Development to "Slow Down"
2. Re: Pantheon Development to Apr 15, 2014, 19:44 NKD

Brad just doesn't have a base of gamers who trust him. You're only as good as what you've done lately and he's only shipped two titles. One was 15 years ago, and was pretty successful, but it peaked after he left. The second was 7 or 8 years ago and failed because he was gone for the last 6 months of development.

He says he was out trying to scrape together funding, other insiders say he was snorting a lot of coke. We'll probably never know which is true, and it might be a bit of both.

On top of that he was trying to create something in a crowded market. It's not like Star Citizen where they are basically the only heroin dealer in town after 10 years without a needle.

The sad truth of Kickstarter and crowd funding in general is that you're not going to get big money unless you've got a lot of early backers who support you either because they are delusional fanboys or because they know full well they are probably wasting their time and money but care enough about the project to back it anyway.

Those guys make the critical mass you need. Fifty updates to your Kickstarter page and some concept art is not going to win you anything. You need word of mouth hype from fanboys.

News Comments > World of Darkness Cancelled
19. Re: World of Darkness Cancelled Apr 14, 2014, 21:52 NKD

That sucks. I was hoping CCP would move beyond EVE some day, but I guess they will live and die based on how long EVE lasts. Probably a long while at this rate, since it has no competitors in being a massive economic empire simulator.

But still, it would be nice to see CCP try their hand at something else. And I love the World of Darkness setting. Unfortunately I don't think we'll see any more game titles other than the pen & paper variety in that setting for a very long time.

We almost didn't get the last one.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Graphics
24. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 16:05 NKD

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 14:36:
nin wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:17:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:14:
Redmask wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 08:29:
1badmf wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 00:51:
haha pretty sure bats was just trolling the star citizen haters.

Well the joke is on me then I guess, well done

Not really trolling. How come a game that was supposed to be done 6+ months ago isn't playable at PAX today!? The game is supposed to ship in less than 30 days. WTF!? Why wouldn't you have people playing the game?

Its a scam. Game is going to blow.

OK, Cutter!

What, you guys don't have issue with a game that should be "gold" (ships in a month) that isn't playable at a gaming convention?

Not really unusual. Most games are not playable at conventions. Hell, many come out when convention season isn't even going. But what does it matter anyway? Wait until full game is released, read reviews from reviewers I trust, buy accordingly.

People at a convention waiting in line for 2 hours to play something are probably pretty fucking invested already and aren't going to give you a good unbiased opinion.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Graphics
22. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 13:46 NKD

We need to really start holding people accountable to their "This game is going to suck!" and "This game is going to be awesome!" predictions. Especially the people who are traditionally incapable of admitting they were wrong.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 12, 2014, 13:43 NKD

San Antonio? Weird choice. Would have guessed Austin. Maybe no appropriate venue there.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 12, 2014, 12:19 NKD

Ah the all important morality score. MetaCritic needs to start including that.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
55. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 22:32 NKD

Why the fuck is everyone hooting and hollering at this? It looks nice, but it's just a space ship flying around... It takes a lot to trigger my cringe response, but this did it.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Project Vaulderie Apr 11, 2014, 13:45 NKD

Good choice with Unity. Actually gives them a shot of getting some progress made at some point.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2014, 16:37 NKD

Let's not go out of our way to defend the legacy of a raging racist homophobe like Ultimate Warrior.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: 4ktv Apr 9, 2014, 16:38 NKD

4k is also pretty useless unless you've got a ginormous display or are sitting 2 inches from your screen. That's going to slow adoption down greatly.

Your 50-60" screen at 10 feet away is not going to benefit you watching TV and movies, even with high quality source that hasn't be compressed to shit. I'm sorry, but if you claim to see a difference in that scenario, then you're just buying an expensive placebo effect. If you've got a 120"+ projected screen, then you might want to consider it. But even at that size 4k isn't a compelling must buy, it's only a minor improvement.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 15:52 NKD

Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 13:16:
Well, look at the upside. Things need to get bad enough before a real revolution can begin. We're not there yet, but at this rate it'll be coming before overlong. The elites reach has far exceeded their grasp.

Until the average citizen can't keep food in their belly or electricity in their homes, nothing will happen. Lazy people with creature comforts are incredibly hard to push into action. Escapism is very easy in western society.

News Comments > Mojang Suggests Password Change
5. Re: Mojang Suggests Password Change Apr 9, 2014, 14:52 NKD

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 14:45:
So should I be legitimately worried about this and change all my passwords or is it just something that's being blown way out in to the stratosphere?

Changing all your passwords right now is pointless unless the system in question has been confirmed to be patched. Many systems have not been updated to fix the problem, so you'd risk changing your password and having your new one compromised as well.

Since there's no way of knowing what data was compromised, no one can really tell you how worried you should be.

For important passwords, wait until you get confirmation of a fix then change your password. Or if you get confirmation that the system was never vulnerable in the first place, don't worry about it, or change it anyway.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
43. Re: Twice the services, twice the fun? Apr 9, 2014, 14:46 NKD

Creston wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 12:43:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 06:33:
Blizzard is different as it doesn't sell games through other stores (Steam, Origin, GMG, etc) and because it isn't done for anti-consumer reasons.

How is Blizzard not putting their games on ANY digital platform somehow better than EA just not putting their games on Steam?

Yeah, I'm not really seeing the difference. Blizzards games all tie you into their proprietary system in order to play them. He says it's not for "anti consumer reasons." Well what's the fucking reason then?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 12:36 NKD

Monsanto got robbed.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
38. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 21:24 NKD

Not really sure why anyone would be surprised by this. UPlay is standard Ubisoft stuff at this point. If UPlay was a dealbreaker for you, you should have stopped following Watch Dogs at the first mention of Ubisoft. Don't pretend like this is some kind of unexpected ambush.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Apr 8, 2014, 21:22 NKD

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:12:
Why do those morons think this is funny? Oh right, they're mouth-breathers that work at McDonalds...in Florida. Doesn't really get much dumber than that, does it? I swear when I see/hear/meet people like this I think, 'The Idiocracy must be stopped.' Of course, Churchill said it best....

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Yeah, it's long past due to rethink this whole "democracy" thing, isn't it?

Edit: Yeah, I guess Family Guy already nailed it, didn't they?

Everyone From Florida is Stupid

Your problem with this is the people laughing at absurd behavior in security footage, not the naked drug addict rampaging around?

3202 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo