Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3913 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March Jan 21, 2015, 13:33 NKD

Odd choice going buy-to-play this long after launch. I was expecting a F2P model. The initial box sale rush is long gone, so buy-to-play keeps a barrier to entry that will limit their microtransaction sales without getting them much in return.  

How to become an "indie game developer": Dye your hair a bright color, take a strategically angled profile pic, create a Tumblr account, fight on Twitter all day, and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES ever create an actual game.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
16. Re: etc., etc. Jan 20, 2015, 03:56 NKD

Oh no I was harassed by some anonymous 14 year old in Brazil! I better flee my home and make a big ol' scene on the Internet.

If you can't see that these are disturbed people trying to cash in on the recently popularized status of "victim", then you're just another sucker. Zoe Quinn and her type are all over the Internet these days. They are professional victims, known only for being victims, and who spend all their time trying to make sure everyone sees them as such. They make zero efforts to stop the harassment or move past it. They immerse themselves in it, and go out of their way to attract more of it. Why would anyone do that? Well, most people wouldn't because they are sane.

But these are mentally ill people who crave acceptance and popularity. They know by poking some anonymous mass of people with a stick over and over again, they will always be guaranteed some level of harassment or other inappropriate response. That harassment, in turn, leads to emotional and financial support that they cannot get on their own.

This is not new. We all knew this type of person in high school. Literally everything was the end of the world for them, and for a while, their gaggle of friends would provide support. Of course, most of us got tired of needy whackjobs, so it only lasted so long. On the Internet however, there's an endless stream of people seeking to make themselves feel better by sticking up for someone they perceive as a victim.

I'm sorry if I'm not losing some sleep over some rich white trust fund baby getting some mean words thrown at them online when real suffering is happening to real people out there.

Let's just call it what it is: A bunch of stuck-up white bitches crying over nothing because they lack perspective.

How to become an "indie game developer": Dye your hair a bright color, take a strategically angled profile pic, create a Tumblr account, fight on Twitter all day, and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES ever create an actual game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 21:46 NKD

Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 20:40:
The Packers were the better team or it's very obvious you guys didn't watch ANY football this season. Your own personal biases aside everyone and their dog agrees it was the Pack's to lose. And yes, Seattle for all there bullshit trash talk eked out their wins this season. They looked nothing like last year - where I admitted, and even called them to win it early in the season. So yeah, I can actually be objective about this. Now I hope more than ever Seattle loses. The thought, of your bitter, delusional tears will put a big ol' smile on my face. Spare me your hipster douchebag Seattle hypocrisy and trash talk. You already have enough loudmouths on that team.

God I really wish you'd just go stand in front of a train already.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 19:37 NKD

Both QBs were playing extraordinarily sloppy. I don't think the Packers got lazy in the end. They had been playing badly all game. The only reason they got ahead is because Seattle was playing an uncharacteristically bad game and far worse than the Packers were playing. It was Seattle's worst first half in the last two years, as far as I can remember. If the Seahawks had been playing a more typical Seattle game, particularly at CenturyLink, that Packers performance would not have been sufficient to even come CLOSE to winning.

Both teams were sloppy at execution, but Seattle had nothing to lose so they took a few risks and it paid off. Green Bay played consistently throughout the night, even as Seattle started to get actual first downs. They didn't let up the pressure, I don't think, but they certainly didn't pour it on either.

Either way, I don't think less of either team because of this game. It wasn't representative of either teams skills, particularly Wilson and Rogers who are excellent QBs who played like third stringers.

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
36. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 18, 2015, 01:36 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 01:21:
As opposed to Captain Harlock here who invents new forms of entertainment from whole cloth, because he is just that awesome.

Truly a god amongst hipsters.

24. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 19:27 NKD

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 19:21:
NKD wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 17:50:
That said, stop buying early access you fuckwits. And if you do buy early access, stop fucking freaking out when an incomplete early access game on its launch day isn't exactly what you want.

Not sure who you are speaking to, I take it most in this post haven't purchased it and just responding to the news.

I also get the point a couple back, if someone wants to buy an air drop in which they don't have a much better chance than the next guy in getting, it is their money to waste, who cares? They are playing sugar daddy for the rest of us.

Not speaking to anyone in particular here. Just in general. But yeah, if they want to gamble. Who really cares?

21. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 17:50 NKD

Honestly the concept of the airdrops is not really offensive to me. The idea of some idiot trying to pay to win and getting his shit stomped in and his new toys taken away is very appealing to me. If they can tune it so that's how it works, then go for it. If it DOES end up just being pay-to-win for the guy buying the air drop, then cut the feature. It's early access.

That said, stop buying early access you fuckwits. And if you do buy early access, stop fucking freaking out when an incomplete early access game on its launch day isn't exactly what you want.

You're stupid for buying early access to this. You're doubly stupid if you buy early access and then demand a refund because of some game mechanic that can and probably will change over the course of development.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 03:58 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 02:21:
You're crazy. This title is one of the highest rated titles in gaming history, but you're expecting people to be PC snobs because the game isn't "pure?" And, like Skyrim, this game is going to give you literally 100s of hours of play. It's your perogative to wait for a Steam sale, but there aren't many other games out there that offer this bang for the buck.

Okay, I'll bite. It's possible there could be some amazing title that is worth $60 even a year and a half or more after release. But is GTA 5 REALLY one of them dude?

Why is GTA 5 going to give me hundreds of hours of play? The PS3 version gave me about 30 hours or so. Enough time to go through all the missions and goof around a bit with the miscellaneous activities. It was reasonable value for money, especially at used price. But there is no meaningful or interesting exploration on par with Skyrim, which I have about 500 hours in. I guess I could go play the tennis minigame for a hundred hours, but who is actually going to do that?

What do you envision me doing for hundreds of hours in GTA 5? Certainly not trying different character builds, or exploring the world looking for hidden dungeon and lore items.

Why is this game exceptional? I put more hours into Saints Row 4 than I did GTA 5 owing to its co-op campaign alone.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
36. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 17, 2015, 02:00 NKD

Don't bother debating the police issue in this country with cops. Those guys are a tight knit bunch who tolerate no dissent or disagreement with what they do. Literally everything they do that comes under scrutiny their little union has some kind of flimsy excuse for, up to and including murder of unarmed suspects and highway robbery, oh, sorry, "civil asset forfeiture."  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gat out of Hell Trailer
6. Re: Into the Black Jan 17, 2015, 01:29 NKD

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 00:28:
The used the same city again? That isn't a trick you can pull off three times. Pass.

You can get this for $5. Even at full price it's $20. How big of a game are you expecting?

25. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 01:01 NKD

jimnms wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 00:09:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 23:51:
Definitely going to wait and see on this one. And even if the port is good, I wont be rewarding them with money for it. I'll torrent it. Fuck Rockstar.

I'm confused. Headscratch First we're begging R* to give us GTA V on PC, and now that they've "remastered" it for PC and "next gen" consoles, given it a first person view and other enhancements, people are now bitching and saying they're going to pirate it because it took them too long. I'm sure that will teach them to bring us games we want to our platform of choice. Fucking looser. Middlefinger

Many people have a problem with Rockstar's triple dip monetization strategy. They release it for last-gen consoles right at the end of the console cycle. Then they re-release it a year later for current-gen consoles (still at full price with no discount for people who bought the game previously), and then several months later release another version for the PC, again, effectively at full price minus the usual PC discount schemes if you pre-order sight unseen. Keep in mind that throughout this process there is no early confirmation that next-gen or PC versions are even being made, because they want everyone to buy the last-gen version rather than wait for their preferred version. We have people on this very site who have already purchased the game twice and will be purchasing it a 3rd time, all at essentially full price. So even here, their scam is working.

I have a Windows PC so that I can play the latest games with the best experience possible. I do not have a Windows PC so that I can buy 2 year old games at full price with an HD texture pack, and most likely, shitty performance. If I wanted that, I'd be using a fucking Mac or Linux. If a company is not making PC a priority, it's not a company I want to support, period. Other companies have managed to release quality titles for PC at the same time as their console counterparts, why can't Rockstar? I purchased a used copy of GTA V for PS3, and I don't intend to get the PC version until it's on some bargain bin Steam sale.

I'm starting to wonder when exactly it was the people here stopped caring about the PC as a platform. Any remotely hype title comes along and all sins are forgiven and the $60 transactions start to flow. If you're purchasing a sloppy port and an HD texture pack for $60, you really lose a lot of that moral high ground when it comes to bitching about other titles being ripoffs.

News Comments > Hatred Earns AO Rating
12. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 17, 2015, 00:44 NKD

You all need to go back to sucking Jack Thompson's dick and stop pretending you haven't murdered zillions of pixel people over the years with very thin pretenses of justification. Including innocent pixel people and cop pixel people.

Suddenly some people make a game that doesn't attempt to justify or make excuses for it's "protagonist" and everyone is offended. Check your hypocrisy.

9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 19:29 NKD

Do NOT preorder this, even if you previously purchased and enjoyed a console version. For the love of god, wait until the quality of the port is assessed and stop fucking pre-ordering shit until you know if they've given our platform the respect it deserves.  

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
66. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 19:02 NKD

Best OS for gamers doesn't really say much. There's no competition.

The importance of Windows itself for gaming is minimal. The only reason it matters at all is because of DirectX. When I'm playing a game I don't even interact with Windows. I'm playing a game with its own interface, its own input scheme, etc.

Windows involvement in my gaming experience is twofold:

1) DirectX

2) Have an icon or something I can click to start the game somewhere.

Does it have those two things? Do they work properly? Good job.

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
30. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 17:49 NKD

I know it's popular to shit on Watch Dogs around here as if it's the worst game of all time, but I think with a little iteration and the huge amount of player feedback they have gotten, a sequel could be leaps and bounds better.  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Tuesday
16. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Tuesday Jan 11, 2015, 19:51 NKD

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 16:43:
Dragonfall (+Directors Cut) is NOT free. Costs 15 just like the base-game (also 15) on Steam

So uh, why do they need a KS?

People need to get used to seeing this. Projects following the Kickstarter model will rarely be successful enough to fund a second project. Unless your project is a rare runaway success, you're probably going to have to go back to Kickstarter for your next project.

I see this a lot on Blue's where people seem to think that a moderately successful Kickstarter project ensures some kind of future for your company. In reality they have three choices.

1) Call it quits after one project.

2) Sell out to some publisher.

3) Go back to Kickstarter.

A lot of people around here seem to prefer that companies just disband and never come around ever again if their successful Kickstarter project doesn't fund their company's future.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Tuesday
6. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Tuesday Jan 11, 2015, 15:40 NKD

After the solid quality of their last Kickstarter, backing this one seems like an easy choice for me.  

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
9. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 12:49 NKD

I use a headphone amp and DAC from Schiit Audio. Way better than any of this Creative garbage.  

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
84. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 31, 2014, 07:41 NKD

djinn wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 21:09:
Prez wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 20:49:
turn off enough of your potential market with your gratuitous sex, violence, Gore, torture, rape, or whatever and the game dies and that type of game is not attempted again. At least for a while.

At least for a while. For me personally, that's the key issue. It's an ever changing line that doesn't go back and forth. It continues in the same direction, being pushed further and further back. Does anyone ask themselves where it will end? 50 or 100 years down the line? No moral posturing or attempt to censor here. Just trying to project where it could end up in the worst case, long term scenario.

Entertainment and art will reflect the society that creates it. If something frowned upon today becomes acceptable in the future, well, that's what society wants and that's what they will get. This world belongs to the people living in it today. If the people who inherit it are uncomfortable with how we've done things, they'll do things differently.

It's not some never-ending slippery slope that inevitably leads to the breakdown of all laws and complete anarchy in the streets dude. Society in the past has been both more debauched, AND more puritanical, depending on what society and what time period you're looking at. It doesn't move only in one direction as you claim. You had things like homosexuality being frowned on as immoral, at the same time that enslaving other humans was considered to be okay.

Moral viewpoints in society are not logical, they can be seemingly contradictory.

And even if your supposition was correct, that it is some kind of slippery slope from which there is no return, what mechanism do you suggest we use to stop it? Society governs itself. There is no one outside of society to keep it in check. If society at large desires a change, there is no one who can stop it from happening in the long term.

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
14. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 30, 2014, 11:58 NKD

I don't understand the controversy. We've been murdering pixel people in games for a lot of years. Why is a game that doesn't justify it somehow more objectionable than one that candy coats it and tells you you're the good guy for doing it?  

3913 Comments. 196 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo