Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 2859 (Senior)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2013, 10:41 NKD

Gun safety people. Learn about it. Also, don't let little kids or people with a poor grasp on reality near M-rated games.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 26, 2013, 10:01 NKD

Whenever I read stuff like this, I put down my own project for a few days and sulk.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
62. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 09:04 NKD

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 08:48:
Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 23:17:
Only the console kiddy wigga gangstas were 'down' with San Andreas. And that's all that was. So yeah, if you were a 14 year old wigga I'm sure it was pretty sweet.

Haha, god forbid a game makes you step outside of your comfort zone for a moment. WIGGA GANGSTA SIMULATOR!!!

Come on Verno don't be ridiculous. 1992 California gangster culture is for wannabe thugs and imbeciles. 1986 Florida gangster culture is for discerning gentlemen.

60. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 08:41 NKD

Dev wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 06:47:
Yet its one of the most popular news posts (going by popular thread list on the left). Thats probably why its posted on bluesnews.

It's posted on Blue's because it's a popular post on Blue's? I get your point but the way you state it is hilariously circular.

52. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 00:50 NKD

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 00:34:
So, that makes you an over-the-hill yayo freak, ecstatic to vicariously re-live the neon glory of the olden days?

That actually sounds like a disturbingly accurate description of Cutter. Except you forgot his horrific erectile dysfunction and tendency to murder prostitutes.

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Fails
10. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Fails Aug 24, 2013, 12:20 NKD

Creston wrote on Aug 24, 2013, 12:01:
Hey, Dyack, maybe people just don't trust you? Just throwing it out there.

Most people don't even know/care who he is. The game just doesn't look interesting.

News Comments > Blizzard No Longer Listing Titan Jobs
4. Re: Blizzard No Longer Listing Titan Jobs Aug 24, 2013, 00:10 NKD

Blizzard joins the small cadre of developers who have seen the writing on the wall and decided they can't make another WoW.  

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
7. Re: Steve Ballmer to Retire Aug 23, 2013, 11:50 NKD

Developers!  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 11:24 NKD

aesir05 wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 11:10:
InBlack wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:16:

Yeah and we all know how WoW clones fare...

You'd think that people would get the hint by now

I found this image showing subscriptions for some mmos

With stuff on the horizon changing things up a bit, I think developers are finally getting it through their heads that they can't keep making the same fucking game for the same fucking people.

I mean how many failures-to-thrive does it take for developers to understand that the WoW model is DEAD. Even WoW, which is still ten times better than any of its clones, is 33% off its peak population, but its competitors aren't faring any better.Where are those people going if not to the competition? They are leaving MMOs because there are sick of the same damn model every time. You can get someones attention with a fresh coat of paint, but you can't keep them around once they discover your gameplay is no more satisfying than the game you were just playing.

SWTOR showed us that even a great IP can't capture peoples attention for long if the gameplay isn't there. SWTOR was an incredibly shallow game because they wasted all their time and money on story crap and let it hamstring their development process.

Developers need to start innovating for the sake of innovation. Players will try your game, enjoy the fresh ideas, and tell their friends. Sure, they'll be skeptical at first, as they should be. But that's no reason not to try something new. Someone posted something on another forum the other day. A quote falsely attributed to Henry Ford, yet still rings true:

"If I had asked the people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses."

Sometimes you have to make new things so that people can discover new things they enjoy. It's like making someone their favorite food for dinner every night. They will quickly get sick of it, even though they are still telling everyone it's their favorite food.

Unfortunately Zenimax didn't catch on to this yet.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 09:52 NKD

Bwahahahaha.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
63. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 22, 2013, 17:26 NKD

OpticNerve wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 03:44:

And after seeing some Everquest Next videos? Yeeeah, good luck ESO.

Yeah for better or worse EQN is trying something new. That's what we need more of. If EQN flops, it'll still be an innovator that inspired some other studios to get outside their comfort zone and try something new. (Most likely Blizzard will lift many of their ideas for Titan). If ESO flops, it'll be just another WoW clone down the drain like so many before it, having inspired no one.

It's no coincidence that Blizzard decided to rework their new MMO recently, just like when SOE reworked EQ3 into EQNext. People are starting to catch on that you can't just keep making the same fucking game with a new coat of paint.

I wonder if we're not seeing the beginning of another cycle. SOE makes EQ Next, Blizzard comes along a couple years later and puts their own spin on the idea, and then shitty clones en masse follow that for several years.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 10:13 NKD

So, free to play in 6 months? 9? Maybe a whole year? They haven't shown anything so far that suggests this game is worth playing in the long term. The only people excited about this are the same people who get excited about every MMO, play for a month or two, and then quit to get excited about the next one.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 20, 2013, 16:29 NKD

Probably the least serious bug we've seen in a while from Microsoft.

Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 11:52:
Interesting bug in Windows 8. While it's easy to giggle and say MS did this to make Win8 look better in comparison to Win7, I think it's just more evidence of poor quality assurance at Redmond.

Yeah honestly this would be a silly way to make Win8 look better anyway. It only comes into play for weird situations in which you're overclocking in software rather than in your BIOS. The only people who routinely do that are LN2 overclocking competition dudes. Somehow I doubt MS cares what that absolutely microscopic user base thinks about Windows 8.

News Comments > WildStar Announces Subscriptions or Play to Pay
12. Re: WildStar Announces Subscriptions or Play to Pay Aug 20, 2013, 07:08 NKD

OldTimber wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 02:11:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 20:51:
The have balls coming out with a pay to play game.
Yes why pay for something to further development and additions to it. I'm all for p2p games as it keeps the asshats out of them.

Subscription cost sure kept the asshats out of World of Warcraft. Oh, wait, the asshats are all that's left in World of Warcraft.

News Comments > 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned
3. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 10:33 NKD

That's a shame. I was hoping at some point Mojang would put out another game that maybe might be interesting to me. Guess not.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Steam Preloads
15. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 08:32 NKD

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 08:27:
Ozmodan wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 06:02:
Won't be buying this one, there are a lot better games out there than this.

owell.. Rolleyes

Ozmodan says that, but if you look at his post history, there are no better games out there, he thinks more things are shit than Cutter.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed
24. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 16, 2013, 19:21 NKD

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 19:19:
Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 17:34:
deqer wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 16:26:
Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 11:24:
Have to keep that content coming all the time regularly.
Sorry, but, being a "lifer" at playing video games is not an appropriate lifestyle to have. I'm sorry you're a hardcore that spends all your life in your cave playing games, and therefore you get bored quicker than the rest of the normal people; but that's not our problem your lifestyle is like that.

The first "M" in "MMO" stands for "Massive". With "massive" games, requires massive time to play/enjoy entirety of it. If you spent all that massive time in your cave already, then that's your problem. Don't bitch at the developers because you have an addiction that you can't moderate.

And another troll joins the ranks on the ignore list.

I thought everyone had already ignored him.

I keep deqer off ignore because watching his rapidly progressing dementia gives me a sick form of pleasure. It's like why I watch Fred Phelps aka Hellbinder rather than ignore him.

20. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 16, 2013, 17:57 NKD

JeffD wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 14:57:
NKD wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 10:17:
And how many people are still playing?

well that is something you can find out during the free trial.. isnt it.

Probably not. My anecdotal observations about how many people are playing don't tell anyone anything of value.

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 16, 2013, 10:17 NKD

And how many people are still playing?

The big downside to the move away from subscriptions: There are no subscription numbers to compare.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2013, 00:13 NKD

It's only a matter of time before one of these neckbeards on some mental illness spectrum decides body armor and guns are the solution to his issues with a game. Developers need to start taking their safety more seriously, too many nutjobs out there.  

2859 Comments. 143 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo