Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3216 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Memorial Consolidation
2. Re: Memorial Consolidation May 26, 2014, 14:12 NKD

Remasters of PS3/Xbox360 era games? That would be a colossal waste of time and money.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide
6. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 26, 2014, 12:52 NKD

SpectralMeat wrote on May 26, 2014, 12:48:
I do like that table at the end of the page though with the recommended settings for different video cards.

Looks like they are only targeting 35fps @ 1080p with those settings though. I know that might be a bit low for most of us. I dunno.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 26, 2014, 12:45 NKD

SpectralMeat wrote on May 26, 2014, 12:36:
i7-2600K, GeForce GTX TITAN SLI system at 1920x1080, with every other setting maxed out, and 4x TXAA enabled.
With specs like that they can not even hit 60fps on low HBAO settings 1080p resolution, ouch

TXAA makes a pretty significant performance hit. It's equivalent performance hit to using 8x MSAA. Even on my Tri-SLI Titan setup, I doubt I'll be using it.

2. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 26, 2014, 12:30 NKD

That Nvidia page is fucking fantastic. It has interactive comparison screens for every graphical setting so you can see precisely the difference the setting makes, as well as benchmarks showing the performance hit each setting will make.

It's also got a list of tweaks you can find in some file and whether or not their testing found any difference.

I was expecting some hollow marketing bullshit, since we're talking about the official Nvidia site, but this is probably one of the most informative tweaking guides I've seen in years.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2014, 18:28 NKD

nin wrote on May 25, 2014, 18:12:
The non-stealth approach is shit also, IMO. If you kill someone, all his buddies have ESP and know about it. Then an alarm is triggered and EVERYONE knows where you are. I've yet to actually cancel an alarm (they sure as hell don't time out). Usually I just reload the game and stealth in.

Not sure of you can cancel alarms either. But from my experience, the first alarm happens, then a second wave of called in reinforcements. And after that, I thought it stops?

I hate infinite respawns, but I've yet to come across the here yet...

There are a few spots where, if you don't move forward, the enemies will keep spawning. Not very common though. With regards to alarms, anything that isn't scripted you end the alarm by killing the Commander in that area.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2014, 16:13 NKD

Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2014, 15:56:
I guess you could argue that you might want to delay picking up health so you can maximize your overcharge but that doesn't apply to ammo or armor.

Grabbing that big 25 or 50 armor pickup when you're missing like 5 armor is a bit wasteful. Especially if you're on Wyatt timeline where your armor pickup values are increased.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 15:17 NKD

jdreyer wrote on May 25, 2014, 14:24:

1. I get frustrated with policians that try to implement stupid laws like assault weapons and large magazine bans, when 95% of gun homicides are performed with pistols.

It's vote pandering, plain and simple. They know these laws won't even make a shadow of a scratch on the overall amount of gun violence, but it makes them look good.

To reduce the impact of guns on violent crime, you need a far more aggressive ban-and-confiscate law that would never in a million years fly with the American people or with the SCOTUS.

Violent crime in the US is in decline overall, so without a massive uptick in overall gun violence, there's not much leverage for aggressive legislation.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2014, 12:48 NKD

Tactics don't really come into play? Fucking what? He needs to play on Uber. According to the stats, I died 250+ times beating the game on Uber, and there were still two brief places I had to turn it down a notch.

Having to press a button to pick up armor, health etc IS a bit strange by shooter standards. You never had to do that in the previous Wolfenstein games. For armor and health I like it, because it means I'm not accidentally running over a big armor pickup when I've only lost 2 points of armor. I get to actually choose when I pick the things up.

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 11:44 NKD

panbient wrote on May 25, 2014, 11:25:
The problem is not gun violence, the problem is simply violence.

Gun control is a band-aid solution, and one that is pretty impossible to implement in the US in any effective way. The federal government can't pass anything with teeth. It's not possible in the current political climate first of all, and you'll upset SCOTUS if you step too heavily on the 2nd Amendment, and your law will be flushed anyway.

So you need to address the underlying problem of violence, as you said. There's a reason violence goes hand-in-hand with poverty and lack of education. It's not just a meaningless correlation. We need to address the needs of US citizens living in poor areas, especially poor urban areas where violence is through the roof.

What the specific solution is, I don't know. I'll leave that to people much smarter than I am. But addressing poverty and education issues is absolutely the key to drastically lowering violent crime rates in the US, whether it be with a gun, a knife, or a cactus.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 06:35 NKD

BobBob wrote on May 25, 2014, 02:59:
Devastated by what has happened in my home town Santa Barbara. Considering returning to Europe. Too many crazies with guns in the USA.

Crazies aren't the problem.

There are around 10,000 firearm homicides in the US each year. That's about 27 deaths a day. The occasional crazy doing something like that is barely a drop in the bucket of gun violence in the US. It largely happens in poor, urban areas of the country.

But people only seem to care when it happens to middle class white people, and even then they forget about it within a few weeks. If people were serious about wanting to solve the problem of gun violence, they wouldn't speak up only after high profile shootings.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Distant Worlds Universe
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Distant Worlds Universe May 24, 2014, 16:09 NKD

The thing I don't like about Distant Worlds is the combination of weird font and tiny text size on my 2560x1440 monitor. It's nearly too small to read and basically killed the game for me.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
14. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 14:56 NKD

ItBurn wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:51:
I think that the only logical conclusion to reagle's posts is that his girlfriend must have cheated on him with Chris Roberts some time ago.

Reagle is obviously suffering from some kind of mental illness. You can see the escalating weirdness in his post history. It's like reading the post history of some 10 year old kid.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed May 23, 2014, 23:39 NKD

Silicon Avatar wrote on May 23, 2014, 19:34:
What I think is funny is that all the newb journalists can't remember shareware and don't know where 3DRealms and iD and Epic came out of so they act like Kickstarter is the only way to make money and none of this could have possibly existed or gotten big before the internet...

How would shareware make anyone any money unless they had a full version ready to buy?

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed May 23, 2014, 16:27 NKD

Re: Crowdfunding

I've been saying this forever. The people who cry whenever someone who doesn't live in their mom's basement does a Kickstarter piss me off to no end. It's like they want Kickstarter games to fail, and they want the traditional publisher model to be the only choice you have.

Crowdfunding is the only option we have right now for getting niche titles or titles from hibernating genres out the door.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
28. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 15:15 NKD

This dude has some 1080p Ultra settings PC footage on his channel. Didn't see any story spoilers, but YMMV. Looks like there's a bit more going on in PC version and a little bit longer distance out where vehicles and fodder..err.. civilians load up. Of course YouTube compression makes 1080p look more like 480p, but you know how that goes. Guy was getting 50-90fps on Ultra on an overclocked 780, supposedly.  

19. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 12:37 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on May 23, 2014, 12:30:
NKD wrote on May 23, 2014, 11:49:
Conan's video is basically an accurate depiction of how most people play open world sandbox games.

You have no idea how accurate that is. Got the BF started with Assassin's Creed 2 (after not playing anything since a N64 and some World of Warcraft) and while it was sad (but so fucking funny) we moved onto GTA5, and I have to say Conan has amazing driving skills!

Anyway... the old thing that I see that bothers me in the video's is how motorcycles handle (which GTA4 and 5 nailed).

4 DAYS!

SQUEEE!!

The motorcycles look a lot like Saints Row style, i.e. nigh undriveable. Just way too agile. I'm still trying to decide whether I'll play with my PS4 controller or KB/Mouse. The ultimate trade off in open world games: Do you want to be able to drive, or do you want to be able to shoot?

News Comments > The Witcher 2 for Linux/SteamOS
8. Re: The Witcher 2 for Linux/SteamOS May 23, 2014, 12:24 NKD

Verno wrote on May 23, 2014, 12:17:
NKD wrote on May 23, 2014, 12:13:
Verno wrote on May 23, 2014, 10:01:
NKD wrote on May 22, 2014, 18:25:
3 years late and NVIDIA only. Hold on, uninstalling Windows and installing Linux.

Why do you care so much if SteamOS becomes a viable platform or not? All of your posts on the subject basically amount to "heh nerds". Keep using Windows if it bothers you so much.

Relax chief, just making a joke.

You relax pal, just joshing around!

I'm not your pal, guy!

6. Re: The Witcher 2 for Linux/SteamOS May 23, 2014, 12:13 NKD

Verno wrote on May 23, 2014, 10:01:
NKD wrote on May 22, 2014, 18:25:
3 years late and NVIDIA only. Hold on, uninstalling Windows and installing Linux.

Why do you care so much if SteamOS becomes a viable platform or not? All of your posts on the subject basically amount to "heh nerds". Keep using Windows if it bothers you so much.

Relax chief, just making a joke.

17. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 11:49 NKD

Conan's video is basically an accurate depiction of how most people play open world sandbox games.  

1. Re: The Witcher 2 for Linux/SteamOS May 22, 2014, 18:25 NKD

3216 Comments. 161 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo