Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3935 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Apr 8, 2015, 04:02 NKD

Alright which of you is the guy in this video?  

How to become an "indie game developer": Dye your hair a bright color, take a strategically angled profile pic, create a Tumblr account, fight on Twitter all day, and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES ever create an actual game.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed
38. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 8, 2015, 03:11 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 01:28:
Although boss fights and linear pathing have been in PC-only games for decades, I believe the "cover shooter" is primarily a console invention that has rarely been seen on PC outside of console ports.

Well, it's rarely been seen on PC outside of console ports because PC exclusive shooters have been almost non-existent for a very long time, and the ones that do come along are often multiplayer focused which means that kind of cover system is mostly irrelevant.

How to become an "indie game developer": Dye your hair a bright color, take a strategically angled profile pic, create a Tumblr account, fight on Twitter all day, and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES ever create an actual game.

25. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 22:11 NKD

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 22:07:

Fuck every dev who does this. And the ones who do it multiple times a game should be fucked sideways with a chainsaw-studded semi-trailer.

"Well how do we balance this for all players?"

"Easy we just turn everyone into the same retarded potato."

"Genius!!"

15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 21:09 NKD

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 18:27:
I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR THIS

News Comments > Square Enix Reveal Progress
12. Re: Square Enix Reveal Progress Apr 7, 2015, 13:20 NKD

MajorD wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 13:01:
NKD wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:29:
MajorD wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:23:

Juvenile (adjective):

....of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or suitable or intended for young persons...

Do you honestly think I was asking you to copy and paste a dictionary definition to me? Or is it more likely I was asking you to point out what exactly about the advertising scheme struck you as juvenile or childish?

This is what you wrote: I'm curious what do you mean by "juvenile"? It doesn't seem crude or in any way childish. Not really my thing either, but I'm not really seeing "juvenile."

So, you asked me what I meant by "juvenile". Since it can be defined/interpreted in different ways, I quickly and simply provided you with my use of the adjective.

If you don't want to elaborate on your post that's fine. I'll just assume you're of the same opinion as the guy with the wrinkly old man avatar and that you feel that using modern media to try and market your shit is only applicable to children, which is apparently anyone under the age of 30, and as such this marketing scheme is inherently juvenile.

9. Re: Square Enix Reveal Progress Apr 7, 2015, 12:29 NKD

MajorD wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:23:

Juvenile (adjective):

....of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or suitable or intended for young persons...

Do you honestly think I was asking you to copy and paste a dictionary definition to me? Or is it more likely I was asking you to point out what exactly about the advertising scheme struck you as juvenile or childish?

News Comments > WoW Tokens Explained
11. Re: WoW Tokens Explained Apr 7, 2015, 12:18 NKD

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:11:
I gotta ask: How has this effected the gold selling sites? What did $20 on a gold selling site get you prior to this?

Too soon to tell. Right now 30k gold will run you around $25-30 on a gold seller site. You're looking at around a dollar per 1000 gold. So the starting price here is actually a bit cheaper than buying from China. Since Blizzard is in charge of setting the price it's really hard to tell what will happen.

In a pure supply & demand situation like I've seen in Wildstar or EVE, generally the "legit" currency ends up costing more than the black market currency because people end up being willing to pay a premium for the legitimacy.

The illegal sellers are in a tough spot because if they don't undercut Blizzard by a significant margin, their sales will dry up. No one is going to buy illegal gold for more than legit gold.

5. Re: Square Enix Reveal Progress Apr 7, 2015, 12:09 NKD

I was surprised at how many people there were on Twitch yesterday for this. There are 3500 people watching right now and it's a weekday morning in the US and an hour until the next "vote."

Didn't realize that many people were into this shit.

MajorD wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 11:52:
Rolleyes2

I can appreciate new and fresh marketing ideas, but this is pretty weak and juvenile.

I'm curious what do you mean by "juvenile"? It doesn't seem crude or in any way childish. Not really my thing either, but I'm not really seeing "juvenile."

News Comments > WoW Tokens Explained
9. Re: WoW Tokens Explained Apr 7, 2015, 12:05 NKD

Moog wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 11:03:
> a vibrant, active Token marketplace

With Blizzard fixing the gold price for the token, it's anything but 'vibrant' or 'marketplace', it's just a way of Blizzard selling gold!

Illumin wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 11:38:
Instead of going free to play just sell gold! Brilliant!

I'm not sure you really understand their system. Blizzard isn't selling gold. Players are selling gold in exchange for game time, and Blizzard is facilitating. The price is set by Blizzard, but that gold is coming from another player, not from Blizzard.

Now, there's some wiggle room there because Blizzard is guaranteeing the price. If you put your thing up for 30,000 gold and it sells after demand has dropped it to 25,000, you still get the 30k, even though the buyer has only paid 25k. So in that case, Blizzard is in fact generating gold to cover the remainder. But it's just as likely demand will fluctuate upwards, in which case the buyer is paying more than you're actually receiving. In this case, gold is actually sunk OUT of the economy by the transaction.

Since Blizzard is in charge of setting the price, they can tune it to either generate or sink gold at their leisure. But in the long run they benefit the most from everything breaking even or sinking, rather than adding gold to the economy.

It's not any kind of "free market", but it's also not Blizzard selling gold. They profit off the the premium for buying a token over buying a month of game time. It does not benefit them to saturate the market with gold.

News Comments > Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today
18. Re: Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today Apr 6, 2015, 23:52 NKD

walrus1 wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 23:46:
Fantaz wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 22:03:
wow, lots of people in twitch... this bit of viral marketing is proving to be successful.
Here's hoping it's not a mobile game else a lot of people are going to be pissed off.

No kidding. I can't take another Deus Ex fake out. April Fools jokes, mobile games, etc. Please Squeenix give Deus Ex.

12. Re: Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today Apr 6, 2015, 18:08 NKD

walrus1 wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 18:02:
NKD wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 17:08:
Appears to be going on here

Dunno what it is, some weird shit.

It is weird but I think it is a Deus Ex teaser.

Does look that way... very strange. Will have to keep an eye on it. Looks like the next vote on how things proceed is in just under 19 hours.

7. Re: Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today Apr 6, 2015, 17:08 NKD

Appears to be going on here

Dunno what it is, some weird shit.

1. Re: Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today Apr 6, 2015, 10:10 NKD

Hopefully it's something more concrete on the next Deus Ex, but knowing the history of these types of things, it'll be some new IP that no one ever asked for and that never ends up going anywhere.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 6, 2015, 07:07 NKD

Nintendo perpetually out of touch. It's amazing they're still in business. Nostalgia and gullible parents of 5 year olds will go a long ways I guess.  

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2015, 19:46 NKD

Just another example of the nation of pussies we're becoming. People whining about off-color jokes at THEIR expense, probably while making their own jokes about some other group.

People really need to stop caving to these people and tell them to shut the fuck up instead. The community of whiny shitheads is not large enough to affect your bottom line, they are just loud, and can be ignored or told off.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Online Heists TV Spot
16. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Online Heists TV Spot Apr 4, 2015, 10:47 NKD

I hope this port is a smoking pile of shit just so I can see the shills doing mental gymnastics to explain and justify. I know it's petty of me, but you can only take so much shilling before you just say fuck it.  

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
3. Re: Evening Screenshots Mar 28, 2015, 01:00 NKD

siapnar wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 00:56:
I saw "1 comment" and knew it was you.

Didn't disappoint.

These are some purdy shots

Rockstar Information Minister assures you everything is great in Shillistan!

News Comments > H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam
2. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 09:38 NKD

Axis wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 09:21:
And I still have no interest, am I missing something?

I don't think you're missing anything.

For me, there are a lot of games that sell 1 million copies that I don't have interest in. In fact I'd say the majority of games that sell 1 million copies I have never and will likely never play.

There's no reason to expect that a game selling 1 million copies is going to have some kind of universal appeal.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 24, 2015, 02:51 NKD

We're reporting on Kicktraq projections now? The fuck?  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Mar 22, 2015, 04:30 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 04:21:
MOST is not ALL. Dirty, Powerhungry Asshole cops DO deserve to have bad things to them. But to include all of them in such an ignorant blanked statement is rather asinine.

You think there's a meaningful distinction between a dirty cop and a good cop who stands by and does nothing?

Not every individual cop is inherently guilty, but collectively, they are all guilty because of their blue wall of silence nonsense. Cops are simply not held responsible for their actions near as often as they should be.

There's a point at which the presence of good people in a corrupt system does not justify that system's continued existence. We need a serious overhaul to law enforcement accountability, and I'm seriously confused why some people believe more accountability for cops is bad.

"Some cops are good." is a meaningless cop-out, pardon the pun. It doesn't justify or explain away the systemic problems with law enforcement.

3935 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo