Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3572 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Next Month
1. Re: Game Awards 2014 Next Month Nov 10, 2014, 20:05 NKD

Not really interested in anything Doritos Pope does. Guy might as well be a fucking cardboard cutout.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 10, 2014, 19:26 NKD

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 14:00:
Cutter wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 10:49:
Mmm, smart and beautiful.

And dead... ;)

Just like the last four women he abducted.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
3. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Nov 10, 2014, 19:07 NKD

Saw some AC Unity performance numbers on NeoFAG earlier.

2600K, GTX 780, 1080p everything maxed 30-40fps with dips into the 20s.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 9, 2014, 21:15 NKD

Taylor Swift is a dinosaur. Who'd have known?  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: If Twitter Won’t Handle Its Massive Harassment Problem, These Women Will. Nov 8, 2014, 20:32 NKD

Eirikrautha wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 17:12:
Hand your abuse-reporting system over to an agenda-driven group that profits from its own existence? What a brilliant idea! It offers immunization from the radicals, plus deniability when the system is inevitably misused.

Next up, Facebook will contract with the American Enterprise Institute and Rush Limbaugh to handle claims of harassment against the right-wing and wealthy.

Dolts.

It's not really as bad as it seems. It's two people who have no actual moderation powers, they can only flag and escalate existing reports AFAIK. It's just a token gesture really.

It is, on the surface, kind of disturbing to hand over moderation privileges to a very focused activist group only concerned with one kind of harassment, but that's really not what's going on here when you dig down into it.

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
34. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 19:39 NKD

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 15:33:
According to their latest financial statements for H1/2014, they are at 15% of their sales happening on the PC platform so it's not a totally negligible chunk but, yeah, they would probably live even if the PC totally fell by the wayside over night. They could certainly live without Steam. Not the entire 15% are happening on Steam naturally. It's 15% total from Steam, Uplay, GOG, other digital delivery services, and of course also good old retail combined. Not being on Steam would certainly not hurt Ubi all that much.

Plus consider that there aren't huge numbers of PC exclusive gamers, relative to the whole. Many of us have at least one next gen console already. So even if Ubi were to abandon PC entirely, they wouldn't lose everyone who was on PC. They'd convert a good number of them to console. Especially their more hardcore fans.

I don't really see Valve having a ton of leverage on Ubisoft if push came to shove. Valve's influence is mostly over indies or small studios at this point. Particularly anyone developing PC exclusives, Valve has them by the balls.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
12. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 8, 2014, 19:36 NKD

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 19:20:
Ladron3dfx wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 18:41:
Steam has removed the users ability to disable updates.

Not true. Go away troll.

I don't know if he's a troll, because now looking at it I can't seem to find that option. I have Always update, Update only when I launch, and High Priority Update. Did they move it?

31. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 13:25 NKD

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 12:29:
NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 12:15:
Uh, aren't the prices for these games same on Uplay and Origin as they would be for Steam? I can't see the UK prices..
I don't know about Uplay but I know with EA they charged a lot more on Origin than Steam, despite taking a bigger cut.

Ubisoft is charging £65 / $103 (discounted from £70 / $111) for Far Cry 4 Gold, which is utterly ridiculous. Even the regular version is £50 / $80, which most new games are available from £22-30 / $35-48. For instance, I paid £24 / $38 to pre-order Civilization: Beyond Earth and £22.50 / $36 to pre-order Tomb Raider (both Steam copies). Even on Steam most AAA games are £30, with even overpriced shit like Call Of Duty 'only' costing £40.

Ubisoft has lost the plot. If I hadn't got FC4 and AC:U for free I wouldn't have bought them, despite being really interested in both. Ubisoft is starting to become like EA.

Hmm thats interesting. But if Uplay isn't undercutting Steam, why would Steam be bothered by it? Like I could understand them being opposed to uPlay being cheaper, but the same or more expensive? I don't see how that hurts Valve. If anything it makes them look better in comparison. This is all so confusing.

News Comments > Saturday Patches
2. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 8, 2014, 13:19 NKD

There's a user patch linked in there that fixes some of the stuff Rockstar broke in this patch. Of course those songs are permanently gone  

29. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 12:15 NKD

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 08:10:
NKD wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 22:15:
Yeah I don't get why a retailer would give a fuck about what the publisher wants to charge... I must be missing something.
Because it undermines the platform, as some publishers can charged unreasonable amounts while having normal prices on their own service.

Uh, aren't the prices for these games same on Uplay and Origin as they would be for Steam? I can't see the UK prices..

16. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 7, 2014, 22:15 NKD

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 22:12:

That seems odd. Why would Steam care? They get 30% of a higher price.

Yeah I don't get why a retailer would give a fuck about what the publisher wants to charge... I must be missing something.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
40. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 18:28 NKD

Meh, not a big TF2 fan. Would have liked to have seen where this would have gone as an MMOFPS.  

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
53. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 13:15 NKD

Quboid wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:59:

Edit: if it's just the UK, why? Temporary legal issue, or test run?

There was speculation about regional pricing disputes or something. But I have no idea why that would lead to a temporary removal of their upcoming titles from other regions. I wish one of these companies would fucking just say something already instead of making us guess.

44. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 12:45 NKD

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:41:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:24:
Unfortunately, as Origin has proved, removing your games from Steam is simply going to stop many people from buying your games.

I don't think it's proved anything of the kind. BF3 and BF4 sold millions and millions of copies. ME3 was by far the best selling title in the series. Pre-orders for DA:I are the highest in Bioware's history, across all platforms.

It's obviously working well enough that EA is sticking with it.

The skepticism around Origin didn't really pan out. Yeah, a lot of us hardcore grognards try to avoid it, but most PC gamers don't give a fuck and go where the game they want is. After all, if you look at it objectively the icon you click to get the game going is a pretty minor concern compared to whether the game is actually any good. EA's numbers since moving to Origin look good, so it's hard to call their move stupid.

42. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 12:37 NKD

Crisis averted, looks like they are back on Steam everywhere except the UK.  

17. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 11:00 NKD

nin wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 10:22:
Their funeral. I suspect they're going to try their own for the holiday season, and when it flops, they'll be back on steam in the spring.

I doubt they are going to have problems shipping lots of copies of Assassins Creed and Far Cry dude. Nevermind the fact that they get most of their sales off consoles, but their PC fan base isn't going to skip games just because they aren't on Steam. Particularly since they already have and use uPlay.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2014, 10:14 NKD

A definitive version of the ME trilogy would be nice. All the DLCs included, maybe a few graphical updates for ME1. Looks like they aren't planning on making huge gameplay changes, so the gameplay of ME1 would stay intact for example.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Microtransaction Follow-up
2. Re: Just Cause 3 Microtransaction Follow-up Nov 7, 2014, 09:52 NKD

Way to not clarify anything dude. Jesus this is why companies are forced to have PR teams. Game developers have zero ability to keep it simple.  

4. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 09:48 NKD

Darks wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:41:
I see Ubi still hasn't learned their lesson. I guess ill be skipping their games from now on.

This could very well be Valve's fault. Note that Origin and other retailers still have the titles available, so it's not like Ubisoft is pulling back and forcing everyone to ONLY use Uplay, which you already have to use anyway.

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Nov 6, 2014, 22:43 NKD

Rockstar is incredibly out of touch with PC gamers. The whole "lets put an obnoxious DRM in" thing went out of style for most decent developers a long time ago. We still get some questionable decisions regarding online requirements, but that's the exception. This isn't 2003 any more. Intrusive DRM was deemed to be too much hassle to be worthwhile.

We can only hope this news is untrue.

3572 Comments. 179 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo