Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3811 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 1, 2015, 19:07 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 18:32:
Waiting patiently for the CCG review of Hatred.

They won't like it. They prefer their mass murder to be hidden under a thin veil of justification or better yet, divine mandate.

If you're a US citizen, please speak up for the unarmed black American men being murdered every week by the police. It's not about "social justice". It's about human rights.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 1, 2015, 18:50 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 17:38:
“Dozens of threats to execute grade-school kids”- Madness of a 9/11 truther.

Article about a guy who identified a mentally ill white supremacist on Twitter who was becoming unhinged and about to go on a rampage killing a bunch of elementary students. A good read.

Glad to hear Cutter was stopped.

If you're a US citizen, please speak up for the unarmed black American men being murdered every week by the police. It's not about "social justice". It's about human rights.

News Comments > Op Ed
103. Re: Op Ed Mar 1, 2015, 05:49 NKD

Alright, I've been converted.

What can I do to help remove all objectionable content from games? I don't want to support violent or sexual content or anything that portrays another human being or group of human beings negatively. That might offend them, and as beremot has informed us, anything that is offensive or unfair to a group of people should be removed from games.

News Comments > how do you Do It?
22. Re: how do you Do It? Mar 1, 2015, 03:32 NKD

Uhhhh I thought this was obvious.

1) Find someone you like.
2) Ask if they want to combine naughty bits with you.
3) If yes, then do so. If no, purchase chloroform.

From there I think it's self explanatory.

News Comments > Op Ed
78. Re: Op Ed Feb 28, 2015, 08:40 NKD

Kevin Lowe wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 08:26:
The developers themselves still get to decide what's better. There's a bit in Console Wars about how Tom Kalinske thought about the criticism violence in games was receiving and felt uncomfortable with what he was helping to produce. Should he not have been allowed to hear that criticism or have those doubts?

He can feel whatever he likes, obviously. But open hostility and bombardment on all fronts by vocal activists on the internet intended to bully and pressure, rather than simply criticize isn't the same as someone just saying "I do not like this and will not purchase this." So let's not pretend it is.

Once you cross the line into faulty and unsubstantiated arguments about games creating some culture of hatred towards women, or violence, and rather than merely stating your opinion, framing it as fact, then you've gone too far.

Anita Sarkeesian and her cohorts are using lies, cherry-picking, and fear mongering because the average consumer does not give a fuck about the issues she cares about. Without the support of the consumer, they can't hit the developers in the wallets. Most of them aren't even the consumers these companies sell to! They are effectively outsiders. No better than the bunch of rich old white women who tried to shut down rap music under obscenity laws in the 80s and early 90s, or the fear mongers who oppose violence and sex in all media every day.

There's a big difference between stating your opinion and rallying the troops to pressure people into doing things they don't want to do, especially when you're an outsider sticking your nose into someone elses hobby.

News Comments > Op Ed
75. Re: Op Ed Feb 28, 2015, 08:00 NKD

Kevin Lowe wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 07:49:

The whole point of criticism isn't to force developers to do things differently. It's to convince them to want to do better.

Not everyone has the same idea of what is "better." Some people are very opposed to violence in video games and don't think violent games should be developed. Should developers all strive to remove violence from their games?

Is that "better"?

Developers are free to create what they want, and consumers are free to purchase what they want. That's how this works. If games you find offensive are selling big numbers, then what? Should those customers have their favorite games discontinued or sanitized because your feelings are hurt?

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: Evening Screenshots Feb 28, 2015, 05:48 NKD

Meh expected a bigger upgrade over the current-gen consoles in term of graphics.  

News Comments > Op Ed
70. Re: Op Ed Feb 28, 2015, 05:43 NKD

Jerykk wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 05:11:
Sarkeesian's dishonest arguments only hurt her otherwise reasonable message.

See, the thing about her message being reasonable is that its reasonableness makes it pointless. What she says is reasonable. So people, such as myself, assume that there's some subtext here. Her defenders here on Blue's are quick to say that she isn't looking to take our games away or force creative minds to her will. But if that's true, then what exactly is she trying to do? We already have a huge variety of games. Some games contain the tropes she criticizes, some do not. The choice is available to the consumer to buy into the games she criticizes, or to buy into games that she does not.

So what does she want exactly? What's the action plan? If it's diversity in female game characters, congratulations, we already have that and have had it for years. That's what leads me, and others, to assume she is after an entire eradication of content in games that some might find offensive.

After all, why not just vote with your wallet? If something offends you, do not purchase it. If it offends enough people, it will not survive. If it doesn't offend enough people, then your views are not shared by others and should not be forced upon them. Games are not an industry where the creators have you by the proverbial balls. You can absolutely tell developers to go fuck themselves and never buy their product again, with nearly zero impact to yourself.

There are already lots of games out there that are very fair in terms of their treatment of female characters. In fact I'd say the majority are completely inoffensive. So, consumers have a choice whether to support games that depict women unfairly. What more does Sarkeesian want? Clearly she wants something or she'd shut the fuck up. That's what shills like beremot and Beamer have yet to clarify. If Sarkeesian's complaints are reasonable, then what do they suggest we do to accommodate them beyond what's already being done?

As far as I can tell beremot, Beamer, and their ilk would like to see a games industry that has been purged of any content deemed offensive to certain groups of society, or a games industry that goes out of its way to impede developers who choose to create content that could be deemed offensive. Current situation: Buyers choose what to support. What's wrong with that? There's literally nothing stopping people from creating games that do not utilize the tropes people apparently find so offensive. There is no monopoly, no abuse of corporate power stopping people from creating these games.

No one has explained to me what Anita Sarkeesian's goal is, or how she intends to reach it. As far as I can tell, she just wants to convert everyone to her taste in games, which is odd seeing as how she doesn't play games.

News Comments > Op Ed
66. Re: Op Ed Feb 28, 2015, 03:39 NKD

beremot wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 01:10:
The tide of history, is not on your side.

The "tide of history" is going to do what, exactly? Remove all tropes from video games? Remove developers right to create whatever the fuck they want even if it offends some people? Because that's the "side" most of us here are on.

What is it you see the "tide of history" bringing us in terms of games?

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Feb 27, 2015, 21:54 NKD

Not too many people leave a legacy as positive as Mr. Nimoys. RIP in peace.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Feb 27, 2015, 10:08 NKD

Less Anita Sarkeesian would be a good start to improving video games and society as a whole. Frankly I'm a little tired of hearing from well-to-do white people on what's good or bad for society.  

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
94. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 01:12 NKD

Why do we have so many dumb hicks on this site?  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Modding Diary
1. Re: Cities: Skylines Modding Diary Feb 25, 2015, 22:14 NKD

I want to be excited for this but it's really hard.  

News Comments > DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing?
32. Re: DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing? Feb 25, 2015, 17:58 NKD

This is such a narrow use case that it's never going to be worth the effort it takes to make it work properly.  

News Comments > etc.
47. Re: etc. Feb 25, 2015, 17:21 NKD

All you need to know about Sarkeesian is this picture.

She's nothing but a mouthpiece for her "producer" Jonathan McIntosh. It even looks like he does all her Tweeting for her as well.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
83. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 25, 2015, 16:57 NKD

Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 14:13:

So wait a minute. If it's a good port are you going to come here and take your licks like a man?

I haven't preordered so I don't care either way but it seems only fair making a comment like that there should be some stakes.

Why? If it's a good port, the people who preordered are still the idiots I claim them to be, just lucky ones. A stupid decision working out doesn't retroactively make the decision a smart one. Rockstar's PC ports tend to be shitty because they are a console focused company that relies on big sales to the console market to hold them over during long dev cycles. PC ports faced with multiple delays tend to be shitty because it belies poor project management. This idea that last minute delays to "improve the game" are something to be lauded is a bit silly. Sure, it's better than shoving it out the door, but only marginally. Last minute crunch time does not produce quality code. They'll create as many problems as they fix.

Here's the thing about preordering:

Preorder something, maybe get burned. Play on day 1.
Wait until reviews to buy something, don't get burned. Play on day 1.

The only difference is whatever meaningless trinket they've offered as a preorder carrot.

If we lived in the era of sold-out physical copies pre-ordering might still be relevant. In that situation there's the chance of having to pay out the nose for a low availability product or having to wait a month or two or three to play.

But as it stands right now, anyone pre-ordering this is a dummy of the highest order. There's literally no reason not to wait and see.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline
14. Re: Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline Feb 25, 2015, 02:40 NKD

theglaze wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 00:42:
It's for the dude bro's out there, like this guy, Hardline Drifting on his youtube channel.

If you can't make it pass the first 30 seconds, you're not EA's target audience.

Yep... that basically says it all.

61. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 20:10 NKD

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 17:02:
Same here. All the dumbfucks rewarding R* for their abysmally shitty treatment of PC gamers really deserve some seriously deep rimming. I'm already having some extremely good laughs because of the delays but if, in spite of the delays, the port still turns out to be one crappy mofo, then I'm just gonna have an orgasm of epic proportions.

It's just incredibly frustrating for me, after years of being a voice of reason and watching people bag on every game, and shit on companies that have been very friendly to the PC for every little mistake they make. Jumping on peoples asses for buying shit games, etc. Now Rockstar of all companies gets a free pass and THEY are bitching that we don't just swallow their fanboy load no questions asked? They release a game every fifty billion years and inevitably the PC version sucks ass.

I remember a time when people on Blue's wouldn't be caught dead buying, let alone preordering, a game three times at full price from a company that didn't respect the PC platform.

But I guess they all have more dollars than sense now and just don't give a fuck where they spend their money or what kind of business model they support.

What happened to getting crucified for sticking up for companies that clearly don't give a fuck about our platform guys? When did you all trade in your PCs for Macbooks and Xbox Ones, and your dicks for pussies? Where are all you fuckers who crucified Krovven every time he'd fanboy it up for Blizzard? Or all the people who blasted those defending Bioware? Now that it's your precious Rockstar you can't take the heat?

People have revealed themselves to be no better than the drooling idiots on any other forum. They'll only bitch about games they never had any intention of buying, and anything they swallowed the hype pill for gets a free pass.

31. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 14:10 NKD

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 13:59:
Sorry, but this game is probably going to be a goddamned disaster at launch and will probably be half-assed patched for a short bit and then abandoned.

Yep. I'm going to laugh when all the idiots who blindly preordered this get burned and start sputtering out excuses for why it's not so bad.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
16. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 22, 2015, 04:38 NKD

God I wish you fuckers would stop quoting Cutter and subjecting those of us who have him on ignore to his stupidity.  

3811 Comments. 191 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo