Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3930 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2015, 02:07 NKD

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 01:27:
Cutter wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 13:17:
Speaking of killers....

American police killed more people in March (111) than the entire UK police have killed since 1900

That's just fucking insane. It's seriously out of control now.

*sigh

Upset when people link facts and statistics, but not a fucking peep when innocent people get gunned down right on video.

How to become an "indie game developer": Dye your hair a bright color, take a strategically angled profile pic, create a Tumblr account, fight on Twitter all day, and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES ever create an actual game.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2015, 01:01 NKD

FYI Game of Thrones episodes have leaked, so if you're sensitive to spoilers you might want to watch them ASAP.  

How to become an "indie game developer": Dye your hair a bright color, take a strategically angled profile pic, create a Tumblr account, fight on Twitter all day, and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES ever create an actual game.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
14. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 11, 2015, 17:38 NKD

ViRGE wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 17:26:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 17:24:
Toss in the fact that none of the developers have ever worked on a Descent game (or any other 6DoF shooter) and this is probably going to be a big disappointment, if it ever even gets finished.
To be fair, where in 2015 are you going to find developers who have worked on a 6DoF game?

Assisted living?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2015, 16:27 NKD

Prez wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 14:41:
Just stopping by to say 'hey all' and let everyone know I'm still alive. Going through a nasty divorce at the moment so I have been consumed by bigger worries than saving the princess and sending misogynist tweets to female gamers.

Don't let her get custody of the Steam account.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 11, 2015, 16:15 NKD

Hmm, seems a little fishy.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
15. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 15:38 NKD

I tried really hard to get into this but I found myself playing a lot more Diablo 3 in the long run. It's got a lot of the stuff I wanted from Diablo 3 but didn't get, but it also feels, I dunno, old school in a bad way? Clunky? I can't really put the feeling to words.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
43. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Apr 11, 2015, 11:19 NKD

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 09:43:
Yah, cause skyrim was the first open world fantasy game.

Look at the dude's post history, then slap him on the ol' ignore list man.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2015, 15:41 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 15:22:
NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 10:09:
If you're looking to see some scary hits in the secondary look at Kam Chancellor from Seattle. That guy makes for good video.

Like your sig. Seeing how they tried to cover that Walter Scott shit up makes me wonder how often that happens when there isn't a cell phone recording police interactions. The police shoot and kill hundreds of people each year in the US. How many of those were truly justifiable homicide?

It's getting so sad. I used to shrug it off like I think most Americans do: Some violent gangbanger's teary eyed mom telling us all that he's a good boy who wouldn't do anything wrong. Who cares? My mom would probably say the same thing even if I was guilty as sin.

Clearly that's not always the case though. People are starting to wake up to this, and if anyone sees a cop out of their cruiser interacting with another person, they are going to be very tempted to hang back and record that shit.

Make no mistake, this isn't evidence of a recent upsurge in police violence, it's simply an upsurge in the recording and reporting of that violence. It's been there all along, hidden behind the blue wall of silence and the fact that the public doesn't want to believe a poor, possibly under-educated black man telling them something they don't want to hear over a law enforcement officer who is confirming their pre-existing biases.

We'll never know how bad it's been, but we can do stuff going forward. People need to record, record, record. Some states are passing laws explicitly protecting the act of recording the police. There is tech available now that automatically streams your video to the cloud so that the police can grab your phone and smash it into dust but they can't erase your video. The availability of smartphones to even low income Americans is really catching the police with their pants down.

Of course in some areas, predominantly red states, they are trying to crack down on the recording of police, but for the most part those laws are doomed to be overturned.

We can't force prosecutors to bring charges, or force the so-called "good" cops to stop covering for these assholes, but we can expose the violence. And, if the police don't make changes and clean up their act, then the American people will give a police uniform the same respect they give a skinhead tatted up to the eyeballs with swastikas.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy
19. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy Apr 10, 2015, 14:24 NKD

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 14:09:

I may return to PC gaming eventually but for now, I'm enjoying the console scene.

Well you're definitely not alone, at least. Blue's and a few other previously PC centric sites that I visit have been shifting over to console gaming for a while now.

Developers that neglect the PC as a platform are starting to get free passes everywhere but PC hardware sites at this point.

The old timers all seem to be giving up on the PC and going to consoles. But PC gaming is getting a lot of new blood as well. The main place you can find a lot of enthusiasm for the PC is on reddit. Lots of long time console gamers posting pics of their first gaming rigs, etc. So even if the userbase of Blue's and other sites abandon the PC, I think it has a bright future.

15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy Apr 10, 2015, 13:23 NKD

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:43:
Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:41:
Any word on consoles?

Yes. They suck.

Not just a word, but the final word on consoles. If your consoles aren't covered in a decent layer of dust, you're simply gaming wrong. Or maybe you're just OCD about cleanliness.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
8. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 12:08 NKD

Verno wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:02:
NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 11:22:
When I see numbers like that I can't help but see a lot of padding.

It makes me think of the mediocre Radiant AI stuff from Skyrim. I'm more partial to fewer, meaningful quests with content than 100 collection quests and other crap. Unfortunately it seems to be a minority opinion these days since gamers at large just eat it up.

You have a lot of achievement hunters who just want more carrots to be dangled, with little thought to whether what they are doing is actually adding anything to the game other than making them feel like they got more hours out of it and thus somehow a better deal.

It's a lot easier to justify a $60 purchase if you can claim you have "780 hours!" in the game or something like that. Even if most of that was pretty meaningless fucking around.

Hours of real engagement is a lot better metric than hours of "well, it's more fun than cleaning the bathroom."

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
4. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 11:22 NKD

When I see numbers like that I can't help but see a lot of padding.  

3. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be Steamy Apr 10, 2015, 10:41 NKD

Yeah it's been listed on Steam since the reveal. Wonder why they didn't announce it then.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2015, 10:09 NKD

If you're looking to see some scary hits in the secondary look at Kam Chancellor from Seattle. That guy makes for good video.  

News Comments > More on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
1. Re: More on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Apr 10, 2015, 10:03 NKD

Number one game among fratbro date-rapists and cops.

But seriously "deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever" isn't saying much.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 10, 2015, 04:30 NKD

Plague Inc... motherfucking Iceland, Greenland, and motherfucking Madagascar.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements
21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 4K System Requirements Apr 9, 2015, 15:04 NKD

The lesson to be learned is to get your performance information from sites doing actual benchmarks, not from general remarks by game developers. Only then will you know how things are going to perform and how they are going to scale. To buy a game without knowing for certain that you're going to get acceptable performance, either because your rig is insane or because you've seen real performance numbers, is some Grade A retard shit.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads
14. removed Apr 9, 2015, 12:33 NKD

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 9, 2015, 15:08.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads
6. removed Apr 9, 2015, 10:52 NKD

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 9, 2015, 15:07.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 9, 2015, 01:36 NKD

"No one is trying to censor your games!"  

3930 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo