Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 2865 (Senior)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 19:28 NKD

PS4 will not play MP3s, will not support connecting external storage such as flash drives, and will not stream media from other devices like your PC.

Hate to do it, but I think I might be switching to Xbone. I don't like having a lot of devices hooked to my TV and a lot of remotes floating around, so I need one box that can do it all.

Unfortunately that's the Xbone. Fuck.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Eidos Montreal Game Cancellation Rumor
1. Re: Eidos Montreal Game Cancellation Rumor Oct 30, 2013, 19:11 NKD

Just get me moar Deus Ex.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

News Comments > Insomnia Announced
1. Re: Insomnia Announced Oct 30, 2013, 19:10 NKD

Hopefully their MMO making skills are greater than their website making skills.  

News Comments > EA Earnings
16. Re: EA Earnings Oct 30, 2013, 18:31 NKD

BobBob wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 14:34:
NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 22:10:
Layoffs are a necessity, and the people who get laid off should be the ones you don't need. And generally companies aren't overstaffed with executive positions.

Feel free to explain this to little Susie and Johnny as their family goes on food stamps; meanwhile, they see other kid's parents (the same executives who fired mom or dad) driving BMWs.

Yes, let's never fire anyone because it might mean temporary financial hardship for a family which might not be understandable to a five year old. You have great business acumen sir.

10. Re: EA Earnings Oct 29, 2013, 22:10 NKD

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 21:34:
NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 19:59:
If you have more workers than you need, then yes, the problem is the workers.

Sounds like a management issue to me.

It's the nature of the beast. Software companies, especially games, have erratic staffing needs as projects come and go. There's little anyone in management can do about that.

Layoffs are a necessity, and the people who get laid off should be the ones you don't need. And generally companies aren't overstaffed with executive positions.

5. Re: EA Earnings Oct 29, 2013, 19:59 NKD

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 19:27:
When one executive makes more than the rest of the workforce combined the problem isn't the workers.

If you have more workers than you need, then yes, the problem is the workers.

3. Re: EA Earnings Oct 29, 2013, 18:51 NKD

ldonyo wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 18:34:
'...financial discipline...' is EA code-speak for 'laying off whole teams'.

Implying that big layoffs are never the right decision?

News Comments > Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed
13. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 29, 2013, 18:40 NKD

ldonyo wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 18:32:
One more body added to the pile of EA acquisition closings. How long will it be before BioWare suffers the same fate?

Victory wasn't an acquisition, they founded the studio in 2010.

10. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 29, 2013, 18:31 NKD

Tumbler wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 18:30:
Is this related to that trailer we saw a year ago that said bioware was making it? I'm confused, were they making two c&c games or are they just pretending this has nothing to do with bioware now?

Same studio. They were a new Bioware studio, and then they renamed them.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 29, 2013, 18:16 NKD

We already have a game about a cyborg cop who works in Detroit.  

7. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 29, 2013, 18:09 NKD

Cancelling this crap and going back to the drawing board rather than shoveling some stupidity out the door? That's good. Sorry to anyone who lost their job though.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 29, 2013, 01:06 NKD

Unless I'm forgetting a title, Deep Silver hasn't had anything out of the ordinary for DRM for a while now, and have even gone back and removed DRM from older titles on Steam like Sacred 2.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players "Aren't Gamers"
35. Re: Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players Oct 28, 2013, 17:27 NKD

He raises a good point

We all know there are a lot of people who basically just play COD, or just play Madden, or just play World of Warcrap. Yes, technically they are playing a game, but in the same way someone plays a Facebook game or something on their cell phone while on public transportation. They aren't gamers, they don't identify as gamers, and eventually they'll stop playing even those games when their popped collar wearing bros go to doing something else.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
45. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 26, 2013, 01:27 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 01:05:
How are the boss fights? Much improved, as reported?

Barrett, for example, I was able to get away, go through some vents, hack a garage door open and hack some turrets hidden in a storage locker to be on my side, set them up, and let them handle him.

I also saw a punchable wall in the storage room with the turrets.

43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 22:22 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 21:47:
NKD wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 21:45:
Nearing the end of a Directors Cut playthrough. Well worth the miniscule asking price.

Holy crap, have you been playing around the clock?

Not really, but I've beaten the game several times already so I'm virtually speed running the thing.

40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 21:45 NKD

Nearing the end of a Directors Cut playthrough. Well worth the miniscule asking price.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
68. Re: Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video Oct 23, 2013, 21:48 NKD

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 18:40:
Julio wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 18:31:
JediPunisher wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 18:26:
Speaking of which, where is the infamous Derek Smart?

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video
52. Re: Star Citizen Hits $24M; New Video Oct 23, 2013, 16:16 NKD

What the fuck?  

News Comments > NVIDIA "R331 Game Ready" Driver
26. Re: NVIDIA Oct 22, 2013, 22:37 NKD

Stable all day. Pretty sure these drivers are what were giving me crashes. Of course YMMV.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Next Fall
2. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 22, 2013, 22:36 NKD

Buying this for your wife or girlfriend still counts as supporting EA's business practices, FYI. Sorry dudes.  

2865 Comments. 144 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo