Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 3775 (Veteran)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline
14. Re: Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline Feb 25, 2015, 02:40 NKD

theglaze wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 00:42:
It's for the dude bro's out there, like this guy, Hardline Drifting on his youtube channel.

If you can't make it pass the first 30 seconds, you're not EA's target audience.

Yep... that basically says it all.

If you're a US citizen, please speak up for the unarmed black American men being murdered every week by the police. It's not about "social justice". It's about human rights.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
61. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 20:10 NKD

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 17:02:
Same here. All the dumbfucks rewarding R* for their abysmally shitty treatment of PC gamers really deserve some seriously deep rimming. I'm already having some extremely good laughs because of the delays but if, in spite of the delays, the port still turns out to be one crappy mofo, then I'm just gonna have an orgasm of epic proportions.

It's just incredibly frustrating for me, after years of being a voice of reason and watching people bag on every game, and shit on companies that have been very friendly to the PC for every little mistake they make. Jumping on peoples asses for buying shit games, etc. Now Rockstar of all companies gets a free pass and THEY are bitching that we don't just swallow their fanboy load no questions asked? They release a game every fifty billion years and inevitably the PC version sucks ass.

I remember a time when people on Blue's wouldn't be caught dead buying, let alone preordering, a game three times at full price from a company that didn't respect the PC platform.

But I guess they all have more dollars than sense now and just don't give a fuck where they spend their money or what kind of business model they support.

What happened to getting crucified for sticking up for companies that clearly don't give a fuck about our platform guys? When did you all trade in your PCs for Macbooks and Xbox Ones, and your dicks for pussies? Where are all you fuckers who crucified Krovven every time he'd fanboy it up for Blizzard? Or all the people who blasted those defending Bioware? Now that it's your precious Rockstar you can't take the heat?

People have revealed themselves to be no better than the drooling idiots on any other forum. They'll only bitch about games they never had any intention of buying, and anything they swallowed the hype pill for gets a free pass.

If you're a US citizen, please speak up for the unarmed black American men being murdered every week by the police. It's not about "social justice". It's about human rights.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
31. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 14:10 NKD

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 13:59:
Sorry, but this game is probably going to be a goddamned disaster at launch and will probably be half-assed patched for a short bit and then abandoned.

Yep. I'm going to laugh when all the idiots who blindly preordered this get burned and start sputtering out excuses for why it's not so bad.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
16. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 22, 2015, 04:38 NKD

God I wish you fuckers would stop quoting Cutter and subjecting those of us who have him on ignore to his stupidity.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2015, 10:17 NKD

The crybaby dinosaurs who complain about CGI in movies need a few teeth knocked out. Filmmaking is like anything else. You use the proper tool for the job. Sometimes, that's CGI.

I've found that a lot of times people aren't even aware of how much CGI is used in things. They'll talk about a movie or TV show "not using much CGI" and then they find out later that nearly every scene had CGI enhancing the background in lieu of a prohibitively expensive set.

Filmmakers have been using fancy techniques to get around what can be done practically since before CGI or computers were even a thing. Traveling mattes, etc. were just shoddy proto-CGI but made a lot of stuff possible or feasible that simply wasn't otherwise.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
20. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 17:12 NKD

Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 14:53:
Courtesy of PC Gamer:

Tether-ism
Tethering things to other things was one of the best things about Just Cause 2, but itís even more fun in the new game. You can now use multiple tethers at once (a maximum of three, but modders will deal with that), and adjust their tension at the touch of a button. So say an attack chopper is on your tail. You can tether it to the ground, then tighten the wires so that it pulls it down and smashes it into the ground. Or maybe you just want to tether a few enemies to your sports car and do doughnuts as they scream in terror. The potential for physics-based mischief and mayhem here is huge.

Multi-tethers and unbreakable tethers. FUUUUCCCKKKKK YEAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

Implementing the best cheat program for the game as an actual feature? Fucking yes.

Trailer didn't have enough Bolo SANTOZEEEEEE though.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
9. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 12, 2015, 21:12 NKD

Darks wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 20:29:
Creston wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 17:44:
Release terribly broken games: get record sales.

Yeah, that's the way to teach publishers not to release broken shit, gamers...

Unfortunately thats true, but the drawback on this is. We don't know the shits broken until after its been released.

That's why you don't preorder. Then you wait, see it's broken, and don't buy it.

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs
3. No subject Feb 11, 2015, 19:45 NKD

Looks like the EQ franchise is being gutted. Look for the EQ Next cancellation news in the next few weeks. They've laid off the director of the franchise, the head lore guy for EQ Next, their head community manager, etc.

Other titles hit less severely. H1Z1 and PS2 have lost some people but nowhere near the gutting that has hit the EQ games.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Next Month
3. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Next Month Feb 5, 2015, 20:04 NKD

More ship action, woot.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 3, 2015, 11:36 NKD

4K Gaming at a $400-500 price tag is a long, long ways off. Video however, shouldn't be a problem.  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Rated for AU Release
1. Re: Mortal Kombat X Rated for AU Release Feb 3, 2015, 10:09 NKD

Online interactivity? Fucking disgusting. Where's Hellbinder or one of the other Blue's News Bible Belt crew to tell us we're going to hell for even reading a news post about this depravity?  

News Comments > Sony Online Entertainment Sold
9. Re: Sony Online Entertainment Sold Feb 2, 2015, 14:02 NKD

When some investment guys buy your company, it's basically over. They only buy companies to sell their IP and stuff. I hope the SOE folks find new jobs quickly after the layoffs come.  

News Comments > Dying Light Mods Blocked
3. Re: Dying Light Mods Blocked Feb 2, 2015, 09:40 NKD

I wish when you filed a DMCA takedown, your entire family mysteriously got Space Cancer.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2015, 08:46 NKD

1badmf wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 08:14:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 07:29:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 00:39:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 1, 2015, 23:01:
Best game Super Bowl or otherwise I have seen in decades. The last few minutes were priceless.

It was a fantastic game. Had Seattle won I would still think it was a fantastic game to have watched. Pete is taking the blame in the media for that call but his OC is going to take a shit ton of blame.
Pete should not be coaching next year.

well at least we know martians don't know shit about football.

No kidding. What an idiot. "Hurr durr lets fire Pete Carroll, who is the only reason the Seahawks amount to anything these days, over some decision that was probably Darrel Bevell's anyway. Maybe we can bring back Jim Mora and have an almost winless season again!" Surprised he didn't suggest we fire Wilson too and spray some WD40 on Hasslebeck's joints and bring his ass back from Colts second string.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2015, 00:05 NKD

Seahawks offers Marshawn Lynch huge contract extension.

Doesn't let him win them the Super Bowl.

If I was Lynch I'd say go fuck yourself, and retire as a Raider in my hometown.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox
11. Re: Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox Jan 30, 2015, 21:04 NKD

Anthony Burch is a nutjob. Anyone ever look into this guy?  

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
42. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 19:17 NKD

Julio wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 18:29:
Clearly unfair pricing by having some regions pay less than others is the culprit. Equal pricing in all regions would make this a non-issue.

I'm sure all regions would love to have equal economic status to go along with that equal pricing. Or equal copyright protections and crackdown on competition from bootleg sellers.

Charge everyone $50 - No one in third world buys your shit and just gets the pirated copy. You lose money.

Charge everyone $10 - More third world purchases, but you lose 80% of your income from the western markets. You lose money.

Regional pricing - Some issues with gray market, but generally people in the west pay one price, and people in the third world countries pay a lower price. Best strategy.

The whole "equal is fair" attitude is some autistic mathematical bullshit disconnected from how the world really works. Sometimes equal isn't fair, because not everything else is equal. Even at rock bottom regional prices, people are paying a much larger percentage of their income to buy those games. A product that has no real fixed cost to produce copies beyond printing a DVD or the bandwidth of a download, and as such can be offered very cheaply while still generating profit.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2015, 17:03 NKD

killer_roach wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 16:37:
Exit question: Are baseball fans that much more accustomed to underhanded tactics, or are football fans that much thinner-skinned?

Good question. I'll let you know when I find a baseball fan. (zing)

I agree that some people are blowing this out of proportion, but to me it's less about this specific incident and more about the implications. Is there some level of cheating or misbehavior that would cause a meaningful response from the league? Or can you effectively just buy your way out of any trouble by paying fines?

Is cheating okay when it is minor or the team likely would have won anyway? In my experience cheaters rarely get caught 100% of the time. We can be pretty certain there have been other ways in which Belichick has cheated that we never found out about.

I feel like cheating is cheating, regardless of the degree of cheating, effectiveness of cheating, or the necessity of cheating. Giving the little indiscretions a free pass slowly chips away at the integrity of your sport. Instead, the NFL wants to focus on fining players who don't like answering the presses inane and pointless questions, or who commit some dress code violation.

I really don't know why anyone would be opposed to a harsh response to cheating, even if it's not a particularly egregious example.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2015, 09:20 NKD

The DeflateGate joke I'm fond of is the one that goes this is the first time we've had a sports controversy about deflated balls that didn't involve performance enhancing drugs.  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2015, 19:38 NKD

Prez wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 19:30:
Why aren't we talking about #DeflateGate???

Probably because no one is surprised that Belicheat cheated once again. Of course the Patriot apologists will try and explain why it was just an honest mistake, or explain that they would have won anyway so it's not really cheating.

3775 Comments. 189 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo